PDA

View Full Version : HOMEFRONT

Spartanbh
03-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Anyone else got it? Multiplayer is pretty beast so far (16, 24, and 32 players game modes), single player is pretty cool and great story. Literally a spot on mix of Call of Duty and Battlefield...only major problems are:

Campaign is way too short
Graphics are pretty bad for a 2011 game. Best comparison I can think of is Left 4 Dead 1...also text in the game is REALLY hard to read on a non-HD tv.

My rating: 8/10

LocoCrazy
03-15-2011, 11:32 PM
My dad picked it up. looks fun as hell. When he's done with it in a few months...I'll give it a try.

iFurrious
03-15-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm going to rent this game this weekend and try it out first.

bazongaman502
03-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Anyone else got it? Multiplayer is pretty beast so far (16, 24, and 32 players game modes), single player is pretty cool and great story. Literally a spot on mix of Call of Duty and Battlefield...only major problems are:

Campaign is way too short
Graphics are pretty bad for a 2011 game. Best comparison I can think of is Left 4 Dead 1...also text in the game is REALLY hard to read on a non-HD tv.

My rating: 8/10

iv been waiting for this game since last years E3... i pre orderd it (well parents did with my money (i was lazy that day)) but idk where they did it at, so i got to keep reminding them to get it... hopefully tomorrow.. im ready to kick some korean candy ass back to their home land :)

Bodaciousbaconn
03-16-2011, 07:53 AM
*cries* I dun haz no monehz :'(

Toasta
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
i have money to get this, but idk if i should! it looks fun, but there are games coming out semi-soon that i really want

bazongaman502
03-18-2011, 01:06 AM
Just got it today, beat the campaign (which was badass) and now playing multiplayer... if wanna play, send me an invite!!!!! :)

iFurrious
03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Finally picked up this game. It is badass, the multiplayer is so much fun.

Bodaciousbaconn
03-21-2011, 10:53 PM
I haz teh monehs nao.

gato
03-25-2011, 02:49 AM
This game blew.

bazongaman502
03-25-2011, 05:18 AM
This game blew.

im gonna take it that you played the campaign, and 1 or 2 multiplayer games??? if so you didnt give it a big enough chance... its way better then Black Opps in my opinion.... (i hate Call of Duty in general)

II Recanz II
03-25-2011, 05:56 PM
This game blew.

^

Spartanbh
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Yeah after playing this game for about a week I'm about to sell it. It's just TURRRRIBLE. I tried giving it the benefit of the doubt and look past the terrible graphics, but it just overwhelms you in shitty everything. Don't buy it. This game is getting sold soon.

bazongaman502
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
cut some slack, the game was a low budget... they sepent like $10million on it, while your looking for graphics like Halo??? Bungie spent nearly $30million on the game... theres a pretty big difference, you guys are just complaining about something stupid, get over it and quit ya bitchin

gato
03-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I'll bitch all I want about a game I bought for 60$ and sold for 22$. The graphics looked like halo 2 mixed with cod 4, which really isn't impressive for 2011. The storyline was basically "HURR DURR KOREAS IN OUR SUBURBS DERPITY DERP" and "WE HAZ HELICOPTER NOW, LETS GO HELP THE ARMY LOL". And the guy who was the leader (not the black guy) seemed like a VERY angry little Republican. He pissed me off more than anything.

I didn't even bother to play the multi-player because
a) You needed a code to play it which is just retarded (I had the code, I just didn't want to play it.)
b)Shitty campaign usually leads to shitty multi-player.

I thought the game was going to be like Red Dawn to be honest. But instead it was a fruit punch spraying (dat blood) game with anger problems.

Spartanbh
03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
The major point is, for a 2011 game it shouldn't have played and looked like an original xbox game. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (XBOX ORIGINAL) is probably the best comparison.

Bodaciousbaconn
03-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I get y'alls point on how the game shouldnt look like this graphic wise, but I don't see why graphics is a make-or-break for ANY game. It just seems majorly retarded to me. And I liked the campaign, I thought it was well played out.

zZ Dr K Zz
03-27-2011, 11:33 PM
I didn't even bother to play the multi-player because
a) You needed a code to play it which is just retarded (I had the code, I just didn't want to play it.)
b)Shitty campaign usually leads to shitty multi-player.

A) You can play the MP without the code, but you can't rank up past level 5.
B) If that is your philosophy then the Halo games should have the worst MP of all time.

I rented the game. It was good, but I am so sick and tired of playing as the silent character. They say it makes it feel like your the character, but that's a complete bullshit excuse for lazy writing. The story had a great beginning that set the mood rather well, but it fell flat after that. The characters were one sided, you had no reason to care about them as you learned nothing about them. The game ended when it was getting good. A five hour campaign is very disappointing.

The MP was a blast though! It was a great balance of CoD and Battlefield. I loved how they did the killstreak rewards worked, it was surprisingly balanced. Other than that though, it's not worth 60$, but definitely worth 20$.

I could care less about graphics. The game was entertaining and kept me interested, that's all I could ask for.

gato
03-29-2011, 11:06 PM
A) You can play the MP without the code, but you can't rank up past level 5.
B) If that is your philosophy then the Halo games should have the worst MP of all time.

I rented the game. It was good, but I am so sick and tired of playing as the silent character. They say it makes it feel like your the character, but that's a complete bullshit excuse for lazy writing. The story had a great beginning that set the mood rather well, but it fell flat after that. The characters were one sided, you had no reason to care about them as you learned nothing about them. The game ended when it was getting good. A five hour campaign is very disappointing.

The MP was a blast though! It was a great balance of CoD and Battlefield. I loved how they did the killstreak rewards worked, it was surprisingly balanced. Other than that though, it's not worth 60$, but definitely worth 20$.

I could care less about graphics. The game was entertaining and kept me interested, that's all I could ask for.

Fffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffff ffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I like the Halo campaigns, wench. The Homefront campaign just didn't do it for me though. Running through suburbs wasn't the ideal American invasion. I was expecting diversity, but it all seemed the same to me.

Nocte
04-02-2011, 02:38 AM
It was close to home because when you think invasion most games cover massive cities. I mean MW2 brought you to DC. The game also uses real world restaurants and businesses. The Campaign would have been better had they made it longer, but thats why the sequel is there. So they can fix, add, or take out. I mean Halo's sequel happened to revolutionize how we play console gaming.

Scarekro
04-14-2011, 10:20 PM
I actually love this game. In MY opinion, and I'm gonna get flamed for this, it's more entertaining than CoD. It's got some of the same elements, but it's got a different feel and I like it.

Campaign, however, I was NOT satisfied with. WAY too short and the story was kinda blah. Like, seriously? Connor's gonna get pissed and blow our cover and we're gonna survive? It's like one of those movies where the main character tries to take on a ton of bad guys and survives.... JUST because they're the main character. Not very realistic. But I like the game. 'Tis good. I approve. :thumbs up:

iFurrious
04-15-2011, 12:19 AM
Pulliam we need to play Homefront this weekend