PDA

View Full Version : FC Forum Signatures

Andimion
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
You know I love to sport a good sig ( or 2 ) just as much as the next guy. I also love a nice quote deaming me greater than my pathetic self. ;)

But gents, this has gone on long enough. In the accords there is rules about sig size. Some people are clearly double the max alowed signature. Recanz being a huge example.. For some of these sigs it's like a second fucking reply post right under the real post.

So im asking everyone now to please cut down sig sizes. Im not saying cut down the over all contents of a sig, just the amount of space it takes up. Im not sure if the sigs actually contribute to the memory usage on the forums ( Met please enlighten me if they do ) but if they did then we know one good dang thing that can cut them down.

FYI, I will also be cutting down my signature when I return home. I just cant right now because of the computer I am on. ( Not that its over the max, just because I like to set an example. )

So everyone, please cut signatures down please.

~ FM Andimion <3

II Recanz II
03-17-2011, 10:59 AM
You know I love to sport a good sig ( or 2 ) just as much as the next guy. I also love a nice quote deaming me greater than my pathetic self. ;)

But gents, this has gone on long enough. In the accords there is rules about sig size. Some people are clearly double the max alowed signature. Recanz being a huge example.. For some of these sigs it's like a second fucking reply post right under the realy post.

So im asking everyone now to please cut down sig sizes. Im not saying cut down the over all contents of a sig, just the amount of space it takes up. Im not sure if the sigs actually contribute to the memory usage on the forums ( Met please enlighten me if they do ) but if they did then we know one good dang thing that can cut them down.

FYI, I will also be cutting down my signature when I return home. I just cant right now because of the computer I am on. ( Not that its over the max, just because I like to set an example. )

So everyone, please cut signatures down please.

~ FM Andimion <3

Actually, i am breaking no rules. The accords say 2 sigs max. I have two sigs. The rest are quotes from differant people on the forums that I found funny. :] They do not count as sigs or userbars.

EDIT: Scratch that. >_>
Goddamn communists.

Andimion
03-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Actually, i am breaking no rules. The accords say 2 sigs max. I have two sigs. The rest are quotes from differant people on the forums that I found funny. :] They do not count as sigs or userbars.

EDIT: Scratch that. >_>
Goddamn communists.

Cut your sig size down, before I do it for you. -_-'

II Recanz II
03-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Damn forum nazi's.

Nocte
03-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Hail ze Fuhrer!

Carpe Vexillum
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Its for the better of the site, you should be happy to cut down... =\

LocoCrazy
03-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Yea Recan. BK.

II Recanz II
03-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Yes, removing three sentences from my sig box will definatly improve the forums as a whole. lol jk.

Nocte
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
It makes things look cleaner.

II Recanz II
03-17-2011, 02:00 PM
It makes things look cleaner.

Another great reason. :]

Kuhblam
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Pinning this topic.

~Kuhblam

Captain Poder
03-17-2011, 02:44 PM
more Forum Bandwidth is worth deleting some of your signature

EDIT: why not make a poll?

II Recanz II
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
I understand the the sigs themselves, but how is putting 3 sentences in quotations in your sig box wasting bandwidth? lol

Maxdoggy
03-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Oh Look! A good sig size that allows me to view one post per scroll on my 1920x1080 resolution monitor!

Oh, this one looks cool, too!

Wait a minute! It keeps going!! Oh noes!!!!!!1!!!| *Commits suicide*

This satirical post to show information has been approved by Maxdoggy

AftershocK
03-17-2011, 05:26 PM
hows my sig?

Mythonian
03-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, it seems the awesome quote that started a trend will have to go...

I'll have it rest in peace below:

FC Podcast Episode 2 http://fcwars.net/forums/images/brave/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=J6D8QD1F) (08:25 to 09:35)
LocoCrazy: You know what, I'm going to put my vCash on it that Mythonian is really a robot.
Raz Vicious: That might be true, cause of the amount of stuff that he does is unbelievable.
LocoCrazy: It's friggin ridiculous!
Raz Vicious: It is, but I appreciate it and so does this community.
Yehsus: Thank you Mythonian!
LocoCrazy: Fist bump bro, fist bump!
Raz Vicious: Fist bumps all around for Mythonian! *bum* *bump* *bum* *bum*

Mi Boys Dinner
03-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Love how you guys are all over Ex-Squad Leader's sig. lol

*Looks at Captain Nick's sig*

That one looks worse.

Andimion
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Love how you guys are all over Ex-Squad Leader's sig. lol

*Looks at Captain Nick's sig*

That one looks worse.

It doesnt matter who's is worse, it just needs to be cut down. I'll have you guys all know, back in the day you never got a real warning that your sig was to large. Met or somebody with admin banned my sig on me for 2 weeks. Because I had a sig half the size of Recanz befor he fixed it. So you should all consider yourselves lucky im not like them and im user friendly.

Mi Boys Dinner
03-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Ok then, good sir.

ThatRussianBear
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Good thing I don't have a sig

VerbotenDonkey
03-12-2012, 10:34 PM
Why the bump -___-

Scarekro
03-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Guys... don't bump threads that have been dead for over a year.

Speaking of, maybe we should have some spring cleaning of the forums. (My spring break is next week. ^__^)