PDA

View Full Version : Squad Drafts

Zeta Crossfire
08-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Alright so I messed this up.

Everyone stays in there squads. If anyone isn't technically in a squad like HC members they would be put into one (guzzie into VBD, Kaz legacy ect)

The WD, current high com, or some entity draft the squads into different armies.

One the armies are established and we know which squads are in what members of those squads can run for FM.

Once we figure out who the FM is that FM can then choose his HC, create companies ect.

My bad guys in my head it sounded better then what I wrote

Original post below

Simple idea.

Everyone is assigned to a squad, from PVT - last wars fm.

WC does a draft and assigns squads to each army to balance it the best possible.

Once squads are established FM elections are held by anyone who wants it. Whoever wins then builds the army from scratch, companies, HC, Flag, ect.

This way each war is a clean slate. Then with the clean slate we can use Houdini method, with the squads moved around hopefully we will be in a good spot. Ideas?

Silko
08-31-2014, 07:51 PM
Oh hell, here we go again.

Breezy
08-31-2014, 08:16 PM

Guzzie
08-31-2014, 08:17 PM
Operation Firestorm? NO.

Nicholas Sapien
08-31-2014, 08:19 PM
go away

Houdini
08-31-2014, 08:20 PM
Well something needs to be done to balance the armies. No amount of new recruits is going to balance what we have now.

EagleOne
08-31-2014, 08:26 PM

Seerow
08-31-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm down for it.

Maxdoggy
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
Can't tell if trolling or just wants half of FC to leave because they can't play with their friends anymore...

Sicarioano
08-31-2014, 08:51 PM
NO.

Seerow
08-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Can't tell if trolling or just wants half of FC to leave because they can't play with their friends anymore...

but maxdoggy....Were all friend here =o

Zeta Crossfire
08-31-2014, 09:11 PM

They do? Squad draft, current established squad draft.

Dos Eggys
08-31-2014, 09:22 PM
This was poor wording on Zeta's part. What he means is that High Comm would basically take turns picking squads. Squads themselves would stay together but just change armies. I am neutral on this.

NervyDestroyer
08-31-2014, 09:25 PM
It's not a half bad suggestion honestly. It's not "Operation Firestorm," but more of HighCom drafts squads.

Anarchy
08-31-2014, 09:28 PM
I'd be cool with it, but it's a weird place. There are still a few squads not willing to be in anything but one army.

Plus we have a long peacetime to utilize a gradual solution.

KazuhLLL
08-31-2014, 09:31 PM
I'd be cool with it, but it's a weird place. There are still a few squads not willing to be in anything but one army.

^

Maxdoggy
08-31-2014, 09:42 PM
The way I'm reading the OP is as such:

1) People are put into squads other than the way they currently exist.
2) FMs are chosen.
3) FMs draft the newly created squads.

Am I reading the OP wrong, Zeta?

Zeta Crossfire
08-31-2014, 09:49 PM
Alright so I messed this up.

Everyone stays in there squads. If anyone isn't technically in a squad like HC members they would be put into one (guzzie into VBD, Kaz legacy ect)

The WD, current high com, or some entity draft the squads into different armies.

One the armies are established and we know which squads are in what members of those squads can run for FM.

Once we figure out who the FM is that FM can then choose his HC, create companies ect.

My bad guys in my head it sounded better then what I wrote

Dos Eggys
08-31-2014, 09:50 PM
The way I'm reading the OP is as such:

1) People are put into squads other than the way they currently exist.
2) FMs are chosen.
3) FMs draft the newly created squads.

Am I reading the OP wrong, Zeta?

This was poor wording on Zeta's part. What he means is that High Comm would basically take turns picking squads. Squads themselves would stay together but just change armies. I am neutral on this.
I had the chance to figure out what he meant. My post clarifies better.

Zeta Crossfire
08-31-2014, 09:52 PM

I'm hoping people will think FC first and not army if squads keep switching between wars.

Anarchy
08-31-2014, 10:18 PM
I'm hoping people will think FC first and not army if squads keep switching between wars.

*shrugs* well the way I see it, we have the opportunity to have it both ways right now.

VerbotenDonkey
08-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Needs more REDWATCH.

Yehsus
08-31-2014, 10:35 PM
I say we trade Donkey for a sack of hard-boiled eggs.

Anarchy
08-31-2014, 10:48 PM
I say we trade Donkey for a sack of hard-boiled eggs.

You already have Silko

Silko
08-31-2014, 11:56 PM
You already have Silko

Hey! I'm atleast worth a sack of potatoes

Legendary Nova
09-01-2014, 12:11 AM
From what I can gather:

You want every squad a the beginning of a war/peacetime to be neutral. Then, anyone from any squad can try for either colour FM. After the FMs are chosen, they then draft all of the squads as to which team they're on.

If this is the case, I am somewhat on the fence for it. It would be a good idea in theory, but it may bum out if squads don't like their colour...

Zeta Crossfire
09-01-2014, 12:12 AM
From what I can gather:

You want every squad a the beginning of a war/peacetime to be neutral. Then, anyone from any squad can try for either colour FM. After the FMs are chosen, they then draft all of the squads as to which team they're on.

If this is the case, I am somewhat on the fence for it. It would be a good idea in theory, but it may bum out if squads don't like their colour...

No.

Squads are drafted THEN those squads pick field marshal.

We need to stop caring about color and caring about Forerunner Conflict. These petty color disputes are annoying.

Legendary Nova
09-01-2014, 12:16 AM
No.

Squads are drafted THEN those squads pick field marshal.

We need to stop caring about color and caring about Forerunner Conflict. These petty color disputes are annoying.

Ok now I get it.

As for the colour thing, I am more than happy to go to any colour. I do have to agree with you on the dispute part too. It seems weird that a squad has to be one colour. I don't really get why...

Yehsus
09-01-2014, 12:28 AM
I like blue.

Nicholas Sapien
09-01-2014, 12:30 AM
I like blue.

Me too

Legendary Nova
09-01-2014, 12:49 AM
I like RBELDUDE

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
09-01-2014, 12:51 AM
I don't see how that would do much if people who are already in a squad get to stay in said squad. When I was active HC would usually just play as fillers for other squads who were short players. Thats about it.

I see you re-worded your initial post but let me quickly explain why a full draft wouldn't work. For OP Firestorm Ghosthammer and I gutted all of REDD. I spent hours crunching the stats of every active player in REDD and we divided everyone into 3 even platoons (Hellhounds, ArchAngel's Blaze, and Infernal Guard) at first it worked great. But over time groups started to form, transfers from one platoon to the next, fireteams were formed, etc... until we were back to square one and we essentially had the same squads that we did before OP Firestorm.

Good times.

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 01:28 AM
I don't see how that would do much if people who are already in a squad get to stay in said squad. When I was active HC would usually just play as fillers for other squads who were short players. Thats about it.

I see you re-worded your initial post but let me quickly explain why a full draft wouldn't work. For OP Firestorm Ghosthammer and I gutted all of REDD. I spent hours crunching the stats of every active player in REDD and we divided everyone into 3 even platoons (Hellhounds, ArchAngel's Blaze, and Infernal Guard) at first it worked great. But over time groups started to form, transfers from one platoon to the next, fireteams were formed, etc... until we were back to square one and we essentially had the same squads that we did before OP Firestorm.

Good times.

While Zeta's suggestion doesn't ask for individual drafts, it still does raise a good point, squads will just transfer to the army they want to be in.

Zeta Crossfire
09-01-2014, 02:53 AM
While Zeta's suggestion doesn't ask for individual drafts, it still does raise a good point, squads will just transfer to the army they want to be in.

I believe the majority of squads have shown they are willing to go where they are needed, or at least not have an allegiance to only one army. Both Legacy and Dark sails have transferred (and in legacy case more then one) to help FC instead of just an army. Divinity switched when Redd was in dire need for numbers, I feel at the current moment most squads don't have a loyalty to just one army another. Looking at whos left the only squads that have never been in another army are Phalanx and Envious, everyone else has gone back and forth during the Halo 4 wars for one reason or another and hopefully we can talk to the squads that have never gone over and ask them how they feel. In the end "Redd" and "blue" are just terms we use to separate us into different armies. We shouldn't be thinking about a color, we should be thinking about FC. I feel like this system would help solidify that, giving squads variety in their armies so there isn't this color distinction. Sure we gave pride in our armies but I have as much pride in blue right now as I had in Redd. This would also give a chance for people who have been on opposite sides for 2 years a chance to be comrades.

Theres so much of this "Blues bad because x" or "Redd are dumb for doing Y" and its because the intermingling is gotten worse over the years not better. This war I served with Envious, legacy, and VBD and played with some of them a lot. Next war because of this system I could play with ZaF and Phalanx and get to know them better, but even though legacy might be kicking my ass I've known those guys. I've grown to like them, and I feel I won't get overly mad at them because I know next war they might be on my side.

I just feel like it's something worth trying

Legendary Nova
09-01-2014, 03:02 AM
This is a minor thing and I'm not trying to be nitpicky or anything, but there's an award that you get for staying loyal to one army for 3 years or something like that. Drafting sort of kills that award.

Graycochea
09-01-2014, 03:48 AM
This is a minor thing and I'm not trying to be nitpicky or anything, but there's an award that you get for staying loyal to one army for 3 years or something like that. Drafting sort of kills that award.

Graycochea has had an intimate experience with the infraction hammer.
-Anarchy

Legendary Nova
09-01-2014, 04:01 AM
-Anarchy

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I'm just pointing out something tiny that someone was bound to pick up on sooner or later. I'm still all for the idea.

Graycochea
09-01-2014, 04:15 AM
I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. I'm just pointing out something tiny that someone was bound to pick up on sooner or later. I'm still all for the idea.

I know you're not against it, but I don't want anything that can give anyone a reason to bitch and moan about a perfectly acceptable idea that might make it so I stop losing by 100 kills a game.

EagleOne
09-01-2014, 04:54 AM
-Anarchy

Seriously? What warranted those words? Grow up.

Eagle out.

Silko
09-01-2014, 12:14 PM
And so it begins!

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 12:33 PM
One Infraction, and it wasn't even Silko.

Please keep this civil.

Divinity switched when Redd was in dire need for numbers

Divinity switched to REDD for their own personal reasons, not balancing.

I would estimate for them, LoD, Bellator, Marauder, Envious, and VbD we would see significant resistance by forcing them into an army. Feel free to ask specifically people in those units. Knowing what we know now about who will be the future FMs, certain squads would refuse to be on a certain side, I can guarantee.

One thing we must always balance is the desires of those in the 100+ person community against those 5-6 people posting on this one idea.

Legit
09-01-2014, 12:47 PM
I like the idea of drafting squads, everyone still gets to play with their friends.

Zeta Crossfire
09-01-2014, 01:02 PM

Please keep this civil.

I would estimate for them, LoD, Bellator, Marauder, Envious, and VbD we would see significant resistance by forcing them into an army. Feel free to ask specifically people in those units. Knowing what we know now about who will be the future FMs, certain squads would refuse to be on a certain side, I can guarantee.

One thing we must always balance is the desires of those in the 100+ person community against those 5-6 people posting on this one idea.

What are armies? They are an idea. They aren't a real army, not a country, not even a clan, they are structures the community created to promote warsim. After switching to blue I can tell you we fight the same battles, have officer meetings, battalion practices, our squad still functions like it did in REDD. I'll message all the squad leaders for the squads you posted above and ask them how they feel. There will definitely be a few people who don't want to switch because of an commitment to an imaginary army, but I hope these people can realize that FC is community first, army second.

Also who leads Bellator now that eagle left, and who leads marauder now that panic left?

NervyDestroyer
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM

It was a bit of both. Some things happened in BLUE that made my squad and I want to go REDD. Also REDD needed numbers and Divinity going REDD apparently balanced it out. I only wish things would have turned out differently in regards for the wars ending early...

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 01:12 PM
It is also worth noting, a squad draft would just end up with the same/similar armies, but with one of BLUE's higher skilled squads being switched with one of REDD's lesser skilled squads.

If we're going to end like that, may as well just directly do it.

Houdini
09-01-2014, 01:19 PM
I like the idea of drafting squads, everyone still gets to play with their friends.

- - - Updated - - -

It is also worth noting, a squad draft would just end up with the same/similar armies, but with one of BLUE's higher skilled squads being switched with one of REDD's lesser skilled squads.

If we're going to end like that, may as well just directly do it.

Then do it!

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Then do it!
Lol, DarkSail volunteering?

Houdini
09-01-2014, 01:26 PM

If we really would bring balance to the armies, let me know and I'll get you an official response from the unit.

VerbotenDonkey
09-01-2014, 01:33 PM

Does this mean that you'll revert the Capital Battle and we can continue the war?

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Does this mean that you'll revert the Capital Battle and we can continue the war?

You act like there's going to be nothing to do during peacetime xp.

Houdini
09-01-2014, 01:58 PM
You act like there's going to be nothing to do during peacetime xp.

We act like there is more fun things to do during war time than peacetime. What good are pirates when we can't instigate rebellion and plunder villages?

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 02:06 PM
We act like there is more fun things to do during war time than peacetime. What good are pirates when we can't instigate rebellion and plunder villages?

Peacetime is the perfect time for rebellion.

VerbotenDonkey
09-01-2014, 02:07 PM

We're here for the booty. Theres no booty to be had during peacetime. We need blood and plunder!

Houdini
09-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Peacetime is the perfect time for rebellion.

But who can we rebel against if we are all at peace?

- - - Updated - - -

We're here for the booty. Theres no booty to be had during peacetime. We need blood and plunder!

We can't have vBookie to earn any vCash during peacetime. No vCash no booty.

Zeta Crossfire
09-01-2014, 02:20 PM
But who can we rebel against if we are all at peace?

The War Council

Houdini
09-01-2014, 02:21 PM
The War Council
:minigun:

Dos Eggys
09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
TO WAAAAAR!

VerbotenDonkey
09-01-2014, 02:32 PM
TO WAAAAAR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opykS-JrXhc

Silko
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM

I know my popcorn and I are having more fun during peace time then war time

Mythonian
09-01-2014, 05:23 PM
I know my popcorn and I are having more fun during peace time then war time

That's because you hardly ever showed up during wartime... lol

Silko
09-01-2014, 08:04 PM
That's because you hardly ever showed up during wartime... lol

Working sucks dog

Blackhawk570
09-01-2014, 08:44 PM
This was an idea thrown around my reign and I was totally down for it. Squads are suppose to be a close unit that become friends so no matter where you went essentially you still had friends with your squads. Plus you are bond to be with some previous mates from before. This idea isn't a bad idea at all. I would want people to actually think and consider this before responding with an uneducated answer.

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 08:45 PM
This was an idea thrown around my reign and I was totally down for it. Squads are suppose to be a close unit that become friends so no matter where you went essentially you still had friends with your squads. Plus you are bond to be with some previous mates from before. This idea isn't a bad idea at all. I would want people to actually think and consider this before responding with an uneducated answer.

Can't tell if trolling or

Lol its James
09-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Can't tell if trolling or

Definitly a troll

Silko
09-01-2014, 11:06 PM

I'm shocked I didn't get one for just posting in the same thread as someone who did

VerbotenDonkey
09-01-2014, 11:08 PM
I'm shocked I didn't get one for just posting in the same thread as someone who did

Talking back to Anarchy? Enjoy your 2 week.

Silko
09-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Talking back to Anarchy? Enjoy your 2 week.

meh (http://theamountoffucksigive.com/)

Anarchy
09-01-2014, 11:45 PM

Infraction.

Please do not comment on other people's infractions. It can be perceived in many ways.

loljk

JamiDJ
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM
i honestly think the reason squads are loyal to thier respective army is more than just color.

its about the time/effort placed into the army, about the lore we create around ourselves regarding the respective army. lets not forget our roots.

Houdini
09-02-2014, 09:14 PM
i honestly think the reason squads are loyal to thier respective army is more than just color.

its about the time/effort placed into the army, about the lore we create around ourselves regarding the respective army. lets not forget our roots.

I feel like community balance and general fun for all squads should take precedence over lore.

VerbotenDonkey
09-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I feel like community balance and general fun for all squads should take precedence over lore.

RIP REDWATCH. :c

Nicholas Sapien
09-03-2014, 06:25 PM

lol no, I am loyal to blue
you can switch everyone from red to blue and vice versa and I would still be a Blue

MatureZoom Zoom
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
lol no, I am loyal to blue
you can switch everyone from red to blue and vice versa and I would still be a Blue

He wasn't questioning loyalty... He was explaining -why- one would feel the way you do. Which is great. I feel the same about Redd.

Darkwhip
10-02-2014, 08:06 PM
NO