PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 9.0

Anarchy
10-25-2014, 12:51 AM
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/forerunnerconflict.png
Update 9.0
~Time for a tune up!~

After almost 2 months of a standstill after the Brotherhood assault on Ragnarok, BLUE leadership officially annexed the planet to the United Exile's territory, along with the other surrounding territories including notable outposts Haven, Exile, and Longbow. In response to the territory grab, skirmishes can be recorded all around the planetary systems affected by war, including systems recently rebuilt from previous wars years ago, including planets such as Waterworks, Warlock, Coagulation, Avalanche, Desolation, and Tombstone. To combat this unrest, Imperial soldiers have been sent to contain the planet Reach in order to maintain its military prowess. However, in maintaining this planet, the Inner Colonies have begun their unrest, allowing for the Brotherhood to insert insurgents in never before battled upon grounds such as the well known bases of Sidewinder, Infinity, and Chiron TL 34.

http://i.imgur.com/M6cEv3c.jpg
REDD Imperial Squadron "Phalanx" in a training exercise on the planet Reach

When asked about the attacks, Brotherhood Field Marshal Matthew Craig refused to comment on his army's involvement. While the ceasefire remains in effect, citizens can only hope for peace to be maintained.

Halo-ween

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs20/200H/f/2007/304/a/0/Halo_3_Halloween_by_Tropi c_Lightning.jpg

Ah yes, Halloween. A time where children run amok with chocolate stained teeth, plastic skeletons line the streets, and 4 years ago when the Living Dead playlist rounded out double exp weekend for all Halo 3 players online. This Halloween, we're bringing that magic back to life. On Halloween night, Friday October 31st, at 9PM EST, we'll be up all night bringing you community members the nostalgia, suspense, and pure joy of Halo 3 infection.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_m9LHTCQvOK0/TEovY3cdhwI/AAAAAAAAAlE/PEBXudbRIgM/s400/halo3_116235349_Full.jpg

Yes, this Halloween the zombies of Halo 3 have come, and they are determined not to be forgotten about. We'll prepare a multitude of Infection variants, maps, and games to keep you all entertained and remembering why you fell in love with Halo custom games to begin with. Everyone is welcome. From the young to the old, from the glorious REDD master race to the peasant BLUEs, we've got you covered.

Not only can you get off your ass on Destiny have fun with all of us here at FC, you can also earn some cool prizes to boot! Throughout the event, we'll be raffling off quite a few prizes to those participating. Anyone can win, and it may just be you. Prizes include:

-FC T-Shirt
-$10 XBL Gift Card
-FC Stickers

That's right, just by showing up you'll have a shot at winning your very own piece of Forerunner Conflict wardrobe for free! For every full game of infection you play, you'll earn one entry into the raffle for the FC T-Shirt. The $10 XBL Gift Card, as well as the FC Stickers, will be raffled off to random people in the lobby at random times.

Mythonian will also be making some cool website edits to promote the festivity. If you have any infection maps or gametypes you think need to be in the event, shoot me a PM!

A Good Cause

For the release of MCC, BLUE Major General Zeta Crossfire has begun to organize a Forerunner Conflict Charity livestream to kickoff the MCC madness. We'll be collecting donations through a secure system directly to the charity for those looking to donate. For this, we have chosen The Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject .org/)for our livestream charity.

This stream is expected to be a 24 hour stream, though as it stands now we only have enough streamers to make it 12 hours. This is a great way to help the community do something good and get our name out there while enjoying the game. If you're looking to help and/or stream with us, click the link below to learn more!

http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?14747-FC-MCC-Charity-Live-Stream-Sign-ups

http://media.bestofmicro.com/halo-master-chief,E-C-172884-1.jpg

Click for feels:

For the rest of you, donating is of course just an option. However this is a charity that many of us can relate to. My brother spent 4 years in Iraq, and almost 2 years at the Korean DMZ in the U.S. Army. He himself is an avid Halo fan, and when he would come back from Iraq on surprise visits we'd always get together on the same TV and split screen some solid Halo 3. When he and his brothers in arms had down time far away in Iraq, the one game his troop turned to the most to find release was Halo 3.

Since then he has struggled to find meaningful work, and has struggled even more to find the level of connection and Brotherhood he once had with his unit here in the states. With little aid, it has taken him until now, 3 years after returning to civilian life, to find a job in his trained field and fully adjust, with little to no help outside the family. Upon this stream's start, I'll be making a donation in his name.

My first teammate in Halo: Reach for Gamebattles was also a Veteran, who was severely wounded by an IED in Iraq and honorably discharged. He faced many of the same struggles and had only Halo to keep his wits about him and still has issues to this day regarding his experience. These individuals continue the fight even after they return home. For some, such as this former teammate, the physical effects are permanent. And help is not always as readily available as we'd like to think.

We even have a few U.S. soldiers in our midst here at FC. And even if you're not from the U.S., we can all sympathize with the U.K., Canadian, and Australian soldiers that take part in wars and conflicts all over the world, whether we agree with those conflicts or not. So show your support by watching. We'll even be handing out a few prizes during the stream!

Next War, and What to Expect

http://www.walkinggospel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Q-and-A.jpg

I've been getting a lot of questions recently about the next war and how it will be ran. So I thought I'd lay out some of the things we'll be doing for next war in terms of structure. Please be aware that little here is set in stone and can be changed at any time by War Council. Here's some tidbits:

-We'll be planning to begin a Beta War for the period between MCC's release, and Halo 5's multiplayer Beta. (I just now realized this could get confusing with two "Beta"s... Oh dear.) The Beta War will be a trial war on MCC (NOT Halo 5 Beta). We do one of these every new game in order to iron things out. Essentially we'll have 3-5 battle nights, similar to what you've already seen, where we'll play on random maps we choose to test the waters. We may experiment with Gametypes, setups, and the like. Whats important to note here is that your input on how this Beta War goes will determine what we change and finalize for the real thing.

-We have ideas for how the WARMAP will be structured for the first full war. However that war will most likely not be until 2015, given the Beta war and Halo 5 Beta. What we are working on is a WARMAP that functions very much the same as the past WARMAPs, but contains many, many more maps (90~).

-The wars will include all 5 games in the MCC.

-Whatever maps the armies attack, those will be the maps we play on that map's respective game. This means more than one game could be played on the same battle night. DO NOT FEAR. MCC will have controller setups that go between all 5 games, and you'll be switching between games in matchmaking anyway.

-Rotation systems will for the most part remain the same, though this is simply my guess as to what Myth and I will agree on. However we WILL be working to find a way to streamline it for minimal waiting times. Dedicated servers should make this easier.

Any other questions? Post them and I'll answer ASAP!

Oh Yes, and Also...

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/halo-spartan-assault/thumb/4/4d/SectionE.jpg/468px-SectionE.jpg

If you haven't noticed already, Mythonian and I care a lot about this community. We care a lot about its growth, its success, and your happiness as a member. Both Myth and I have donated upwards of $300 in prizes over the course of Halo 4's life to continue allowing you all to have the same great experience we had as newer members. Plenty of others have done the same, I by no means try to state we're gods here.

However, going into MCC we can't help but notice the opportunity we have as a community. A community that, thanks to the hard work of its predecessors, has become the 100~ member community it is. MCC marks the largest hype train for Halo since... well, arguably Halo 3. In 2 1/2 weeks, we're going to see the Halo community as a whole rejuvenate itself, come alive, and come together to enjoy the great franchise we've all fallen in love with.

http://geekadelphia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/halo_ramics.jpg

In about 2 weeks our opportunity begins. We'll see people young and old come to halo. We'll see nostalgia sit in for those who may not have played halo for 5+ years. We'll see playlists burst with life and activity, ranked playlists feed on the teamwork and communication of randomly connected teammates. And for Mythonian and I, as well as the other leaders in FC, we want to see the same happen to FC.

The excuses that recruiting on Halo 4 was difficult were partially justified. But with MCC we have nothing but opportunity. Other Halo clans and communities have died, gone inactive, completely been wiped off the face of the earth since Halo's decline. We, however, have remained stable. As activity comes back to MCC, we have the opportunity to become something even better than we are today. We have the potential to recruit, be active, and have limitless fun on a multitude of Halo games with a newly awoken fanbase.

https://content.halocdn.com/media/Default/games/Halo-Master-Chief-Collection/media/hmcc-media/thumbs/gamescom-2014-halo-2-anniversary-sanctuary-temple-e7d4bf001abf4a509416621d0 4f78a13-9ffa722a4431443ba1ef670ce ea8489d.jpg

But we can't do that ourselves. Oh no, not alone. Definitely not. Myth, myself, and other War Council goers are doing all we can to plan for next war, iron out the problems that we all know we have, and fix the problems that may have prevented us from growing past our current size in the past. Hell, it's 1AM and I'm writing this. It took me all day to put this all together, I started at 10AM. We want to make FC all that it can be, and we're working together (yes, between armies we are working together) to put Forerunner Conflict on the map. And keep it that way. And remove the negativity some of you may have picked up along the way in regards to FC over the course of Halo 4. To put that spark back in each and every one of you, even ourselves, so that the FC magic that kept you all here in the first place is reunited with your fancy new Xbox One controller.

We're working hard because we care. And we want you to care, too.

The atmosphere around here needs to change. The dismal "this is Halo 4, no one plays Halo 4, why FC make me play Halo 4" needs to be tuned into the excited, hard working, adventurous feeling we got when we first joined FC and had at the beginning of Halo 4, or in previous Halos we enjoyed much more. We're trying to make it happen, but it ends with you, and we need you more than you need us when it comes to growing FC. It doesn't take just simple recruitment and activity, it takes wanting to be here, wanting to contribute, and wanting to make FC something special. We can only do so much in that field...

http://www.halodestiny.net/images/news/343_industries_believe_ha lo_4.jpg

But with your help we can be that community with 300+ members. We can be two armies that are actually worth calling armies due to their immense size. We can have multitudes of diverse squads on both sides, providing new experiences every battle night. We can have the size that allows us to expand our lore and make the wars feel like real wars. We can even have bustling forums with new people signing up all the time. We can be that community that deep down I think we all want to be. But hey, it's up to you guys as members. And we've got 2 weeks to come up with an answer to that, and decide if we want to put in the labor of love. Everything you've all wanted FC to be is within our grasp, if only we get up off destiny make the effort to grab for it.

I look forward to seeing your answers in the comments below. What kind of community do you want to be, Forerunner Conflict?

Zeta Crossfire
10-25-2014, 12:55 AM
It was a book, but it was a fine book. Good update Anarchy

If your up for steaming on the 11th please contact me, we only have guys for 12 hours so far and if possible I'd like to do it for 24.

Mythonian
10-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Mythonian will also be making some cool website edits to promote the festivity.Hey! No spoilers!

Jam Cliché
10-25-2014, 01:09 AM
The spark is what we need now more than anything. Everyone's ideas are beyond great, but we need to be more than thinkers, be doers. FC has persisted longer than most other Halo communities out there. Let's show our recruits what kind of potential that gives us over anyone else.

Seerow
10-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Nice Update Anarchy! I'm definitely excited to to get to MCC. All those maps I haven't touched in years...just makes me all tingly inside.

Carpe Vexillum
10-25-2014, 02:04 AM
Gotta get that FC Pride going! )(Awesome update!)

Drth spartan
10-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Gotta get that FC Pride going! )(Awesome update!)

NervyDestroyer
10-25-2014, 10:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gQ6Ng7R.gif

Houdini
10-25-2014, 11:16 AM
So are we going to have a mini war for the Halo 5 beta too?

You mentioned 5 games in the MCC collection (Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5 Beta?)

Anarchy
10-25-2014, 11:38 AM
So are we going to have a mini war for the Halo 5 beta too?

You mentioned 5 games in the MCC collection (Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 5 Beta?)

If Halo 5 Beta has custom games, I'm sure we'll attempt to have a 2-3 week war on it. However I doubt there will be custom games in the Beta.

The 5 games I mentioned include Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, and 2 Anniversary. Apologies for the confusion.

VerbotenDonkey
10-25-2014, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AosetEayDeE

Guzzie
10-25-2014, 12:59 PM
What we need most right now, for streamers on day of of the MCC, is people willing to stream during the early hours of the day. If any of our overseas members want to take those spots, that would really help out a lot. Let Zeta know if you are interested and willing to contribute.

Silko
10-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Odds are I will be working so I don't want to sign up to stream only to have to cancel due to work. Already tried to get it off but it being Veteran's Day, can't request it. That said I will be donating in the name of several family members, most who fought in WWII and my cousin who is currently Marine. Loving the stream guys, if we do things like this I already foresee us not only reaching the numbers we had during the end of REACH but surpassing them.

Dark Remalf
10-25-2014, 07:39 PM
This is the chance to have hundreds of minions!!!!

Anarchy
10-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Odds are I will be working so I don't want to sign up to stream only to have to cancel due to work. Already tried to get it off but it being Veteran's Day, can't request it. That said I will be donating in the name of several family members, most who fought in WWII and my cousin who is currently Marine. Loving the stream guys, if we do things like this I already foresee us not only reaching the numbers we had during the end of REACH but surpassing them.

Well, end of Reach numbers were crap, but ok xD.

Barry Soap
10-25-2014, 07:59 PM
The spark is what we need now more than anything. Everyone's ideas are beyond great, but we need to be more than thinkers, be doers. FC has persisted longer than most other Halo communities out there. Let's show our recruits what kind of potential that gives us over anyone else.

Silko
10-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Well, end of Reach numbers were crap, but ok xD.

Wasn't the 5th war of reach the largest? Or am I fucking that up with another war

Anarchy
10-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Wasn't the 5th war of reach the largest? Or am I fucking that up with another war

At the end of a dying game? I mean it was better than Rev4, but the beginning of Halo 4 is when we hit our maximum size ever.

Silko
10-25-2014, 09:59 PM
At the end of a dying game? I mean it was better than Rev4, but the beginning of Halo 4 is when we hit our maximum size ever.

I always get those two times messed up. Point is I think we can beat it.

Anarchy
10-25-2014, 10:32 PM
I always get those two times messed up. Point is I think we can beat it.

Not with people like you sitting on the sidelines, we wont.

Fuzzy
10-25-2014, 10:35 PM

http://i.imgur.com/pPuiayq.gif

Silko
10-26-2014, 01:13 AM

Haven't rejoined an army yet cause I have been working and don't have a steady schedule atm. When I become a little more stable I'll rejoin.

Jam Cliché
10-26-2014, 11:22 AM
Haven't rejoined an army yet cause I have been working and don't have a steady schedule atm. When I become a little more stable I'll rejoin.

We're gonna be the best of friends in BLUE.

S+JC 4evr

Silko
10-26-2014, 01:20 PM
We're gonna be the best of friends in BLUE.

S+JC 4evr

What? you don't want me in REDD so we can have our weekly debate about attack plans?

Yehsus
10-26-2014, 04:22 PM
What? you don't want me in REDD so we can have our weekly debate about attack plans?

Literally nobody cares about those.

Silko
10-26-2014, 04:25 PM
Literally nobody cares about those.

Silko has been a bad boy

-Anarchy

Fuzzy
10-26-2014, 05:27 PM
I hate the recent censorship style of modding that I have seen the last few months from time to time. Users posts should not be meddled with unless the posts heinously break the accords in which case the post should be deleted.

I have no clue what silko posted, if his post was in violation of accords then infractions would follow, if it was not in violation then his post should not have been altered in a way to ridicule the user. The administration team should never abuse their powers for the sake of ridiculing members (even if it is silko).

Platinum
10-26-2014, 05:47 PM
Damn, this thread derailed.

Anarchy
10-26-2014, 05:53 PM
I hate the recent censorship style of modding that I have seen the last few months from time to time. Users posts should not be meddled with unless the posts heinously break the accords in which case the post should be deleted.

I have no clue what silko posted, if his post was in violation of accords then infractions would follow, if it was not in violation then his post should not have been altered in a way to ridicule the user. The administration team should never abuse their powers for the sake of ridiculing members (even if it is silko).

Nothing is being censored except things that could be perceived as direct insults. Moderating the iffy stuff without a grand showing keeps us from having to allow things that could be perceived as of low standard, without making a big deal out of it. We would never abusively alter anyone's content without good reason.

Fuzzy
10-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Nothing is being censored except things that could be perceived as direct insults. Moderating the iffy stuff without a grand showing keeps us from having to either allow things that could be perceived as of low standard, without making a big deal out of it. We would never abusively alter anyone's content without good reason.

Alright, I know it is done with good intentions. I think you are better off just deleting those posts with a short PM to the offending user that their post was deleted and the reasoning.

Silko
10-26-2014, 06:51 PM
(even if it is silko).

Hey! Believe it or not I have feelings too you know! :(

Maxdoggy
10-26-2014, 11:20 PM
This update pleases me.

My body is ready.

I need to save humanity from a seemingly unstoppable coalition of alien races in glorious 1080p/60fps.

Toast78901
10-29-2014, 01:39 PM
Damn, this thread derailed.

YOU! Where have you been?! I miss my fellow Mystery Meats >.>

b1ackhawk40
10-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the update ! Can't wait for the future of this community!