View Full Version : FC Update 9.1

Mythonian
11-07-2014, 12:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKb8U8R4A7M
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/forerunnerconflict.png
Update 9.1

One Small Step for FC, One Giant Leap for Halo Fans

Planting the Flag

As is customary every time we enter a new era, we change the subtitle for our community. This time, there are 7 choices to choose from, so choose whichever one you like best from the poll above. Options are listed alphabetically.

Forerunner Conflict: Escalation -

"Noun. An increase in the intensity or seriousness of something; an intensification." Escalation would reflect how MCC is taking things to a new level with 4 games in one. It's also the name of a Halo comic.

Forerunner Conflict: Legends -

Remaking the Legend (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9-Wk_R3SPw). All of the older Halo games were legends and are some of the best games ever made, and now we get all of them at once.

Forerunner Conflict: New Dawn -

On the horizon right now we see MCC, and it is bright and amazing. In six months, we'll have something even newer on the horizon, Halo 5, which is hopefully even brighter and more amazing.
Removed when we went to the Top 3 choices.

Forerunner Conflict: Recollection -

Everyone has heard the stories from the good ol' days in Halo 2 and Halo 3 where the veterans speak of epic Waterworks battles and incredible Valhalla games. Now we get to relive them.

Forerunner Conflict: Retaliation -

When FC was founded, we weren't called Forerunner Conflict. We were Red vs Blue: Retaliation at the time, and MCC gives us an opportunity to give a nod back at our founding.

Forerunner Conflict: Salvation -

MCC is doing nearly everything right and can be the beginning of a new golden age in Halo. Fuck yeah.

Forerunner Conflict: Strikes Back... Again -

Not sure why this was even suggested, but when we narrowed the list down from 22 possibilities, this one edged in somehow.
Removed from the poll for quality-control purposes. Complain to your local HC.

Choose wisely, as this name will represent the community for the next year to come.

A Final Hurrah for 360

For the last 7 years, FC has been using the Xbox 360. Now, we are finally switching to the next generation, but before we do we are holding one final major event: a full-fledged Mock Battle Night between REDD and BLUE.

This Sunday, the armies will face off against each other on Halo: Reach. It will kick off at 6:00 PM EST like usual.

Squads that show up will be matched against opponents from the opposite army for a match using the official FC settings and FC maps that we had back then. Winning isn't necessarily the goal, but come prepared for some awesome matches.

For those who aren't going to be getting Xbox Ones, join us for one last hurrah before we ditch the system for awhile. For those who only have Xbox Ones and got rid of their 360s, sit tight and enjoy the MCC hype, and make sure you read until the end of the Update.

The Next Step

Once MCC is upon us, everyone is going to be reliving history and having some fun times doing campaign and matchmaking. We're going to let everyone do so for awhile before we start any official events and such. After that, we will be starting up a Beta War for five weeks to test out ideas and get feedback and things, which we will use to make sure our actual war will be as awesome as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-SOKBrNjug

Below is a general schedule for the Beta War. Exact details may change, and the specific maps we play on will be decided after launch (suggestions are welcome).

Nov. 23rd: First day of the Beta War. Halo 2 Anniversary.
Nov. 30th: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.
Dec. 7th: One map from Halo 2 Classic, one map from Halo 3.
Dec. 14th: One map from Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, one map from Halo 4.
Dec. 21st: Final day of the Beta War. We'll use this to test anything specific we think we need to, so until then we're leaving this day undecided.

Throughout the entire Beta War, we will be testing gametype settings, maps, battle formats, etc., so that we can see what works and what doesn't, and work out any kinks before the main war. The feedback you guys give us will be crucial to making the actual war a success, and we'll be giving you guys every opportunity to let us know your opinions on MCC!

Streaming for Charity

The Forerunner Conflict MCC-Launch-Day 24-Hour Livestream for Charity is looking good so far, although some specifics have changed. A full announcement about the event and details will be posted tomorrow, but here's a brief summary:

Instead of the Wounded Warriors Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject .org/), we will be donating to the Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org/) charity. Both are great causes and you should still donate to both, but the livestream will focus on Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org/) because it's a little easier to donate since they accept PayPal.

http://puu.sh/cGjVc/d54b2ae3fc.jpg (http://www.extra-life.org/)

We have a Forerunner Conflict Team (http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=dono rDrive.team&teamID=20436) and you can use that to donate to the cause. We have a current goal of $1000, but whether we reach it or not the money still goes to the charity to help support a children's hospital.

Periodically during the stream, we'll be giving out prizes. Shirts, Xbox Live Gift Cards, Stickers, etc., so be involved for chances to win FC merchandise!

The livesteam will start on Tuesday, Nov. 11th, at Noon EST (12:00 PM EST). It will last for 24 hours until the following day at noon, and it's possible we may even extend it for awhile if we get streamers interested. Be there, play MCC with us during those 24 hours, and donate to Extra Life (http://www.extra-life.org/)!

Other Happenings

Forum Cleanup: A few days ago, Anarchy changed the forums around a bit. Reorganizing several subforums, removing unused ones, and archiving a lot of threads and topics. If you're confused about the changed, trying to find something that got moved, etc., check out the full announcement here (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?14786-Website-Reorganization-11-03-2014).

Site Graphics: We are currently working on some gradual improvements to the graphics on the site, including the welcome image, the banner, rank images, etc., and will be rolling these out between now and Christmas. We'll mention them later when they happen, but be on the lookout for some changes and improvements in how things look. If you're a graphics artist and want to pitch in to help, send me a PM or message me on Skype and we'll talk.

WC Meeting: Tomorrow, the War Council is meeting together to decide some things about the Beta War and, more importantly, the main war after that. We'll be waiting for awhile before announcing anything, but plans are already underway for the future, and so far it looks pretty epic. The war is gonna be awesome!

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag Giveaway

Congrats, you made it through the update! You can you enter for a chance to win a giveaway of AC4 for Xbox One! It will be raffled off tomorrow, 11/7/14, at Noon EST (12:00 PM EST). If you miss it, sorry but better luck next time!

http://puu.sh/cGlKI/bd8f6ea554.jpg

You can only enter if (1) you own an Xbox One and (2) you do NOT already have the game on any system.

To enter, click here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ybueB569p-rq5nWZww98sTt_VK2n8oajmxZ LFmmgEAI/edit?usp=sharing) and then add your name to the list.

The winner of the raffle will be announced tomorrow. Good luck, and may the RNG (http://i.imgur.com/FKLfl7l.png) be ever in your favor.

Spread the word about Sunday Battles!

~Mythonian :cyborg:

Zeta Crossfire
11-07-2014, 12:57 AM
The reason we are switching from Wounded Warrior to Extra life is because Wounded Warrior only accepts donations via debit or credit card. For the interest of making everything as legit as possible and leaving no room for someone to run off with your money we switched it to Extra Life which holds onto the money on their side after the donation has been made. I want to keep this a thing so eventually we might be able to do wounded warrior, but I wanted to guarantee no one was stealing your money, and that the money was going to where it should so for our first attempt at this I wanted to play it safe.

Sorry that we changed it at the last minute, but dammit think of the children! LITTLE KIDS WITH CANCER ARE SAD AND WE CAN MAKE THEM LESS SO!

Maxdoggy
11-07-2014, 12:57 AM
FC: Strikes Back... Again may or may not have been made up by our favorite Jew-that's-currently-in-Italy, the creator of Hill 30 himself, SpartanBH.

It may or may not also be the best name ever for the new wars. Srsly. xD

Jam Cliché
11-07-2014, 01:08 AM
No Reformation?

Maxdoggy
11-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Strikes Back... Again is the new "LINE".

Thank you based BH for your naming skillz. Praise be to the Jew!

Fuzzy
11-07-2014, 01:26 AM
Strikes Back... Again is the new "LINE".

Thank you based BH for your naming skillz. Praise be to the Jew!

WHY DIDN'T YOU VOTE IT YOU HERETIC!

Silko
11-07-2014, 01:26 AM
No Reformation?

No. God no. Enough with the damn R names!!

Vote for Strikes Back again! Do not let the memory of the Line die out! VOTE THE LINE! VOTE STRIKES BACK AGAIN!!

Really looking to the next war!

Maxdoggy
11-07-2014, 01:27 AM

Vote for Strikes Back again! Do not let the memory of the Line die out! VOTE THE LINE! VOTE STRIKES BACK AGAIN!!

Really looking to the next war!

TBH it actually makes the most sense to have an "R" name one last time as the MCC is a summation of all the times we had "R" subtitles. :P

And to Fuzzy b/c I knew it would win so I wanted to vote for the one I like the most OTHER than that one.

Fuzzy
11-07-2014, 01:30 AM
And to Fuzzy b/c I knew it would win so I wanted to vote for the one I like the most OTHER than that one.

Don't you want to be part of history? The Line is Striking back again and it is leaving its mark for years this time.

ArchAngelLloyd
11-07-2014, 02:28 AM

I agree So Vote Legends its what the Chief would want ;). Beside's the last time I checked Master Chief wasent from a Galaxy FAR FAR away

VerbotenDonkey
11-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Honestly, not a fan of any of the names >.>

Spartanbh
11-07-2014, 07:52 AM
As hilarious as Strikes Back...Again is, I don't think it's the best option for a new name of FC for legitimacy reasons XD

Anarchy
11-07-2014, 12:22 PM
Myth, did you learn nothing from "the line"?

Silko
11-07-2014, 12:55 PM
Myth, did you learn nothing from "the line"?

ALL HAIL THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrone King
11-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I voted for Escalation. Seems to suit the current state and time of Halo

Barry Soap
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I voted for Escalation. Seems to suit the current state and time of Halo

Finally a justification

Silko
11-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Finally a justification

You know Myth put justifications for each of the choices in the update right? L2R

Anarchy
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Congrats to the winner of AC4:

http://i.imgur.com/bKWdbDT.png?1

NervyDestroyer
11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
We aren't seriously considering "Strikes back... Again" are we? It'd look extremely stupid

Spartanbh
11-07-2014, 06:51 PM
We aren't seriously considering "Strikes back... Again" are we? It'd look extremely stupid

Plus we didn't even have a Strike Back part 1

Barry Soap
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
You know Myth put justifications for each of the choices in the update right? L2R

It was a comparison to of all of the other replies. Learn to respect.

Drth spartan
11-07-2014, 07:31 PM
It should be salvation because Halo Mcc is forerunner conflicts salvation :p

Fuzzy
11-07-2014, 07:41 PM
It should be salvation because Halo Mcc is forerunner conflicts salvation :p

Forerunner Conflict Salvation Army? I do not think so!!!

FORERUNNER CONFLICT STRIKES BACK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartanbh
11-07-2014, 07:44 PM
I think if we removed the "...Again" part it would be a much more legitimate name XD

Fuzzy
11-07-2014, 09:21 PM
RIP Strikes Again :(

Mythonian
11-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Due to quality control reasons, "Strikes Back... Again" has been removed from the poll. If you want to change your vote to one of the remaining options, say something below.

Blackhawk570
11-07-2014, 09:32 PM
i WOULD LIKE TO

NervyDestroyer
11-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Due to quality control reasons, "Strikes Back... Again" has been removed from the poll. If you want to change your vote to one of the remaining options, say something below.

THANK YOU

VerbotenDonkey
11-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Never forget.

No matter what the name becomes, we all know that Strikes Again is the true FC name.

Maxdoggy
11-08-2014, 12:21 AM
By the way if you vote for "Recollection" it's pronounced more like "wreck-o-lek-shun" and not "ree-collection". :thumbsup:

Drth spartan
11-08-2014, 01:00 AM
did someone steel the name new dawn from the star wars episode 7 rumor

also I just had a thought you should make this a vbooke so we can bet vcash on what will be the choice :P

Silko
11-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Never forget.

No matter what the name becomes, we all know that Strikes Again is the true FC name.

Just as The Line is the true winner of every FC poll

Harry
11-08-2014, 03:36 AM
New Dawn, Baby!!!!

W3z4b1
11-08-2014, 10:26 AM
New Dawn, Baby!!!!

Maxdoggy
11-08-2014, 10:54 AM
My opinion: The new FC name should, like most previous subtitles, relate to or accurately depict the current state of Halo.

With Halo 5 ahead, I think a title like Escalation or New Dawn would better fit Halo 5 (the next time we change our subtitle). So even though those names may sound cool, I don't think they're good right now.

Recollection, Retaliation (for a good ol' FC throwback), or Legends should be chosen.

Drth spartan
11-08-2014, 12:36 PM
so maybe it should have been Fc redemption

Silko
11-08-2014, 12:59 PM
My opinion: The new FC name should, like most previous subtitles, relate to or accurately depict the current state of Halo.

With Halo 5 ahead, I think a title like Escalation or New Dawn would better fit Halo 5 (the next time we change our subtitle). So even though those names may sound cool, I don't think they're good right now.

Recollection, Retaliation (for a good ol' FC throwback), or Legends should be chosen.

Could always just keep the name. We are talking one year until H5. Don't really need a name change in one year.

Spartanbh
11-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Make sure to spread the news of the Charity event everyone! Especially on social media!

WolfPack23
11-08-2014, 09:14 PM
I believe legends work best because of the H2 anniversary, New Dawn should be for H5

Blackhawk570
11-08-2014, 11:29 PM
FC: Maxdoggy Gaming

RENGADE 0F FUNK
11-09-2014, 03:03 AM
7 years... I just got Eri, Loco, and Killergunny to say "ooooh my godddd" after reading that.

God we're old.

Harry
11-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Forerunner Conflict: Forerunner Conflict

I would like to change my vote to Recollection.

Maxdoggy
11-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Poll narrowed down to three choices. If you had voted for a now-removed option, please revote above.

If you would like to change your vote beyond that, please post below. Thanks!

-FC Management

Mythonian
11-09-2014, 11:59 AM
We are now down to the Top 3 choices! Anyone who voted for New Dawn, Retaliation, or Salvation will find that they can revote if they wish!

EDIT: Max hath beaten me.

Maxdoggy
11-09-2014, 12:06 PM
EDIT: Max hath beaten me.

Let it be known on the 9th day of the 11th month in the year 2014, Maxdoggy beat Mythonian.

#RecollectionHype

Silko
11-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Let it be known on the 9th day of the 11th month in the year 2014, Maxdoggy beat Mythonian.

#RecollectionHype

Must.... resist.... 9/11.... Illuminati..... joke.....

Maxdoggy
11-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Must.... resist.... 9/11.... Illuminati..... joke.....
Bad, silko! Bad! Besides that joke only works if you're not from MERICUH where we do Month/Date/Year.

Lol its James
11-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Bad, silko! Bad! Besides that joke only works if you're not from MERICUH where we do Month/Date/Year.

Did you know this is the first year in 666 years that Halloween landed on Friday the thirteenth....

#TOSPOOKY4ME

GAMExSOLID
11-09-2014, 09:45 PM
The reason we are switching from Wounded Warrior to Extra life is because Wounded Warrior only accepts donations via debit or credit card. For the interest of making everything as legit as possible and leaving no room for someone to run off with your money we switched it to Extra Life which holds onto the money on their side after the donation has been made. I want to keep this a thing so eventually we might be able to do wounded warrior, but I wanted to guarantee no one was stealing your money, and that the money was going to where it should so for our first attempt at this I wanted to play it safe.

Sorry that we changed it at the last minute, but dammit think of the children! LITTLE KIDS WITH CANCER ARE SAD AND WE CAN MAKE THEM LESS SO!

I like it Zeta

KazuhLLL
11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I changed my vote from Escalation to Legends.

Maxdoggy
11-09-2014, 11:18 PM
I changed my vote from Escalation to Legends.

Escalation is more fitting to H5 anyway. Good choice to move away - though you could have made a better choice in choosing Recollection. :P

Lol its James
11-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Escalation is more fitting to H5 anyway. Good choice to move away - though you could have made a better choice in choosing Recollection. :P

Nah, Legends is so much better. Master Chief, Seargant Johnson, Miranda Keys, all legends. ARBY IS ONE TOO

KazuhLLL
11-09-2014, 11:32 PM

I only chose Escalation because it was the closest to beating SB...A :P

But yeah I figured Legends for MCC and Escalation for H5 if we need a name change for that. I just don't like the sound of Recollection.

Maxdoggy
11-09-2014, 11:33 PM
I only chose Escalation because it was the closest to beating SB...A :P

But yeah I figured Legends for MCC and Escalation for H5 if we need a name change for that. I just don't like the sound of Recollection.

Remember it's "wreck-o-lek-shun" and not "ree-collection"! xD

KazuhLLL
11-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Remember it's "wreck-o-lek-shun" and not "ree-collection"! xD

I know, it just sounds lame to me ;P

Drth spartan
11-10-2014, 12:28 AM
I am happy with any of these names they all fit for FC

Mythonian
11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
6 hours remain until the poll closes. Right now, Legends is leading by 5 votes over Escalation and Recollection.

Maxdoggy
11-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Poll closed!

The new title for the Forerunner Conflict moving in to the Master Chief Collection shall now be...

Forerunner Conflict: Legends

PS there have been a total of 69 unique users that have visited this thread. xD

Legendary Nova
11-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Forerunner Conflict: Legends

:bigpanda: