PDA

View Full Version : FC update 9.15

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 03:41 AM
http://www.fcwars.net/node/images/forerunnerconflict.png
Update 9.15 (Mini-Update)

One Small Step for FC, One Smaller Step for Halo Fans

Beta War

This is a mini-update for you Forerunner Conflicters (is that a thing?) who are wondering how the hell FC and our planned beta war fit into all of this server madness.

In a battle of coin flips, robotic sexual innuendos, and incredible physiques, Mythonian and I have reorganized the beta war in a way that works around MCC's issues in a way that both eases us into the war, while trying to avoid other such... things. Here's how the beta war looks about now:

Nov. 23rd: Halo 2 Anniversary (1 Map Pre-Beta War)
Nov. 30th: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Dec. 7th: Halo 2 Classic
Dec. 14th: Halo 2 Anniversary
Dec. 21st: One map from Halo 3, One map from Halo 4. Halo 4 map may be replaced if we need to test something in another game.

The first Battle Night of the beta war will be Sunday, November 23rd, at 8PM EST and will consist of one map.

http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/halo-master-chief-collection_twitter-banner.jpg

8PM EST, why? One map, why?

Well...
As for the time, it's because 343, in partnership with ESL, is hosting weekly "cups", which are essentially online tournaments you and a potential team of 4 can compete in, just like the pros, for points towards the overall "Champions League". Yeah, yeah, whatever, right? Either you already knew that, or you don't give a damn.

Well they chose a weekly day for this... That weekly day happens to be Sunday.
Oh yeah. Ouch.

Thankfully the "cup" starts at 2PM EST. Unfortunately it's first date is November 23rd, the first day of our beta war. So to avoid possible time conflict and to measure how long these things will take, we're cutting the first battle night in half and making it later, and one map. This also gives us ample time to ease ourselves into the groove of things. Like a perfectly made appetizer to prepare you for the meal that awaits. We can iron out wrinkles and get a feel for running Battle Nights when the stakes aren't so high. If the ESL/HCL "cup" goes past 6PM EST... Well... You can guess, but we'll cross that bridge later if we have to.

So when deciding what map to play next Sunday, Mythonian and I decided to flip a coin. Heads, Lockdown. Tails, Stonetown (Zanzibar). The results can be seen below:

http://puu.sh/cSK9t/e13fe4ae5f.jpg
...Yeah we didn't know what that meant either. So we flipped again, this time with 'MURICA MONEY:

http://puu.sh/cSKaQ/8a12cd888d.jpg

EDIT: TO CLARIFY. The time change is just us only playing the 2nd map of a normal battle night to ease into things. We are in no way changing the map count or time of normal battle nights, and the following Sunday battles will be their same normal time assuming things don't interfere.

We'll be playing Lockdown. Keep in touch with your army leadership to prepare, and lets do this war right. We'll be making gametypes that are fairly vanilla, with BR starts and the standard 15 minute time limit. We'll be testing these gametypes, so don't expect gametype choice regardless of army. For future maps, Mythonian and I will be picking maps out of a hat each picking one map per week with our army.

Shiny Poll You Got Der...

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/10/halo_2.jpg

If you look above, you can see a poll we'd love you to vote in to help decide where we take the WARMAP for the first war. Though it's a bit away, we want to get opinion early to plan. Currently our options for making the WARMAP and the maps that go on it are:

-Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games (WARMAP stays about the same size)
-Remove some unpopular maps from the WARMAP and replace them with H2A forged maps (WARMAP stays same size)
-Include every map on the WARMAP on all 5 games THEN add H2A forged maps on top of that. (Bit larger WARMAP, not as large as you'd think)

That being said, we love using community made forge maps. If we decide to use forged maps this first war, feel free to build and submit maps to us. Though we love taking FC made maps, we do only put the best maps on the WARMAP we can, so make sure it's polished!

Our Name Is...

To keep it short, Forerunner Conflict: Legends has won the vote for our new name. Expect website graphic swag to go along with it. This will be our subtitle for the remainder of the MCC wars.

As always, any issues or questions, contact myself, Mythonian, or the War Council member of your choice.

GAMExSOLID
11-16-2014, 07:04 AM
1ST! Dig it fellas.

Barry Soap
11-16-2014, 08:49 AM
......8PM EST? Really

Silko
11-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Holy balls! I'll actually be able to attend!

Houdini
11-16-2014, 10:22 AM
......8PM EST? Really

The only thing that can kill FC is if 343i takes our time slot...

Maxdoggy
11-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Where's the voting option for just "remove unpopular maps to make the warmap smaller"? lol

Sir Nihlus
11-16-2014, 11:39 AM
8PM EST...really? Why change the usual time for Battle Nights for an ESL cup? This reschedule most probably only suits a minority of hyper-competitive members of FC anyway?

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 01:02 PM
8PM EST...really? Why change the usual time for Battle Nights for an ESL cup? This reschedule most probably only suits a minority of hyper-competitive members of FC anyway?

That minority is much larger than, well, you, Barry, and a few others. Either way, all this does for one day is cut the battle night in half for manageability so we can guage where we're at. The battle night will end at the same time.

As I said, I doubt there will be a time conflict, but we're being safe. The first battle night is being simple cut in half to make sure we don't have any time conflicts that can screw us over, and ruin a first battle night and many recruits' experience in FC. We've had first battle nights fail in the past and it has scared away recruits and limited our growth before.

All other battle nights in the beta war are scheduled for the normal 6PM EST time.

Sir Nihlus
11-16-2014, 01:16 PM
That minority is much larger than, well, you, Barry, and a few others. Either way, all this does for one day is cut the battle night in half for manageability so we can guage where we're at. The battle night will end at the same time.

As I said, I doubt there will be a time conflict, but we're being safe. The first battle night is being simple cut in half to make sure we don't have any time conflicts that can screw us over, and ruin a first battle night and many recruits' experience in FC. We've had first battle nights fail in the past and it has scared away recruits and limited our growth before.

All other battle nights in the beta war are scheduled for the normal 6PM EST time.

For the record, I was actually on about the hyper-competitive minority, not the British member minority that you seemed to have pointed out. Anyway now that you explained why the change occurred, it makes sense.

Silko
11-16-2014, 02:50 PM
For the record, I was actually on about the hyper-competitive minority, not the British member minority that you seemed to have pointed out. Anyway now that you explained why the change occurred, it makes sense.

He was pointing out that the minority you are talking about is larger then what you may believe and is using another minority in order to show a comparison. As for the highly competitive group, it has gotten larger over the break as people get ready for the war.

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2014, 03:01 PM
Who gets to decide which maps are 'unpopular'? Also how many maps are across all the games?

Silko
11-16-2014, 03:05 PM
Who gets to decide which maps are 'unpopular'? Also how many maps are across all the games?

I'm sure some are just given. Cause Fuck Snow Bound.

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2014, 03:06 PM
I'm sure some are just given. Cause Fuck Snow Bound.

See, now I'm a fan of Snowbound. In FC1, I had several epic games on the map and I really enjoy it.

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 03:33 PM

No clue, probably just pick-off between High Commands as in past wars.

There are around 110 maps.

NervyDestroyer
11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
No clue, probably just pick-off between High Commands as in past wars.

There are around 110 maps.

So 10 people get to pick what maps 150+ people play on?

Why not a poll? And can they not all be flipping 4v4s? I'm sick of those

Zeta Crossfire
11-16-2014, 05:32 PM
1 Map sucks

8 PM EST sucks

Bad call, who gives a fuck about this ESL cup, don't screw over our British members by pushing it back, and show up to only play one map? Not cool.

2 maps, 4v4 and 6v6 (or 8v8 works as well)

Maxdoggy
11-16-2014, 05:38 PM

As far as I know the forums do not support more than 20 options per poll.
Does anyone know if this is possible in a Google Doc or something?

Houdini
11-16-2014, 05:47 PM
As far as I know the forums do not support more than 20 options per poll.
Does anyone know if this is possible in a Google Doc or something?

Google Docs can probably do anything.

Or Myth should just make this feature. If the war map was integrated with the website, that would be super cool.

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2014, 05:50 PM
1 Map sucks

8 PM EST sucks

Bad call, who gives a fuck about this ESL cup, don't screw over our British members by pushing it back, and show up to only play one map? Not cool.

2 maps, 4v4 and 6v6 (or 8v8 works as well)

agreed
what is the ESL cup anyway?

Silko
11-16-2014, 05:59 PM

I fail to see why HC picking the maps is suddenly an issue now. Yes we have never had this many map options before but the armies elected thier fms so clearly they trust thier decision making. Peeps need to calm down and that is saying something as I'm the one of all people saying it

Zeta Crossfire
11-16-2014, 06:01 PM
I'd rather see this canceled then participating in this Half assed event because some squads want to participate in the ESL. Do it correctly or don't do it at all.

NervyDestroyer
11-16-2014, 06:05 PM
I fail to see why HC picking the maps is suddenly an issue now. Yes we have never had this many map options before but the armies elected thier fms so clearly they trust thier decision making. Peeps need to calm down and that is saying something as I'm the one of all people saying it

Just want to see bigger maps. Don't want a bunch of 4v4s littering the damn WARMAP. While there isn't anything wrong with 4v4s, I enjoy massive battles better. I realize making a big poll would be difficult so I prob jumped the gun a bit

Also Zeta's right, who cares?

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Would enjoy seeing larger maps as well.

Breezy
11-16-2014, 06:23 PM
This is my opinion: Since Nov, 23rd is 343i competitive cup and our first beta war, we should just hold it off until more information is leaked out. Yes, some squads will participate inside the cup, but who knows how many will show up that night? Might be a short battlenight, nobody knows of right now. If people don't show, they don't show, but doesn't mean we should start it off at 8 PM EST because of a competition cup. A poll should be made if the battle night should happen or not.

Zeta Crossfire
11-16-2014, 06:25 PM
This is my opinion: Since Nov, 23rd is 343i competitive cup and our first beta war, we should just hold it off until more information is leaked out. Yes, some squads will participate inside the cup, but who knows how many will show up that night? Might be a short battlenight, nobody knows of right now. If people don't show, they don't show, but doesn't mean we should start it off at 8 PM EST because of a competition cup. But hey, my choices don't matter in any cases. A poll should be made if the battle night should happen or not.

You are a general Raptor, your voice DOES carry weight. Remember that

Jam Cliché
11-16-2014, 06:29 PM
You want to ensure a better turnout for the first battle night by only playing one map and cutting it later in the evening? That makes no sense.

Also, I've got at least 5 people who are negatively impacted by an 8 PM EST start time in my Squad alone.

Breezy
11-16-2014, 06:29 PM
You are a general Raptor, your voice DOES carry weight. Remember that
Tell that to the REDD army

Jam Cliché
11-16-2014, 06:31 PM
You are a general an FC member Raptor, your voice DOES carry weight. Remember that

FTFY

Wut???

Guzzie
11-16-2014, 06:38 PM
We should start battles at the regular time and do 2 maps like we have done as always. Though I recommend we do smaller maps, to avoid complications due to poor matchmaking and custom game conditions; we won't really know until we see what this update on wednesday does to fix those issue. Regardless, we should stick to 4v4s or 6v6s.

I honestly had no idea about this ESL playlist until it was brought up to me last night. Do I plan do play on it? yes I do, but I don't see a problem with taking a break at 6pm EST to play on battles for a few hours, as neither should any member of red army. You are a part of the community, you need to prioritize. This is a Beta war, we should probably get as much input from everyone as possible.

Also, think of hour European members. Do you really expect them to stay on until 1 am to play a few games? We should probably rethink this decision tbh.

Guzzie
11-16-2014, 06:46 PM
wut???

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM
We should probably rethink this decision tbh.

So was this decision not talked about in the War Council?

Guzzie
11-16-2014, 07:18 PM
So was this decision not talked about in the War Council?
It was mostly decided on by both FMs. Anarchy seemed very adamant about canceling the battles all together but myth wanted to proceed as normal. I am sure they just came to a compromise by meeting half way.

NervyDestroyer
11-16-2014, 07:31 PM
This is some closed door shit. I'm sorry, but if this "decision" wasn't with the consent of the entire war council, there is a problem. Also the majority of people want regular times, for the love of God the ESL starts at 2pm EST. Really? Let's push it back yeah that makes sense because screw our UK members. Forgot competition was above our sense of community.

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2014, 07:41 PM
This is some closed door shit. I'm sorry, but if this "decision" wasn't with the consent of the entire war council, there is a problem. Also the majority of people want regular times, for the love of God the ESL starts at 2pm EST. Really? Let's push it back yeah that makes sense because screw our UK members. Forgot competition was above our sense of community.

lol love when you rage

Also Raptor, how the hell does your voice not mean nothing as General(second in command) of the REDD army? is it because of anarchy or soldiers of red are disregarding you?

Guzzie you are a bad kid

Also War council has always decided what maps should be on the warmap, so I know they know whats best.

The ESL cup should have no effect on the battlenight anyway

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Think of it this way:

The "change", which isn't a change at all, does NOT change our battle night structure, times, or anything. None.

Generally Battle Nights run from around 6p-10p. Split that in half, and you've got the times each map run at. We're doing the latter one. Zero actual change in the Battle Night structure, we're simply easing ourselves into things after the colossal failure that is known as MCC's launch. It does not change the bounds of which battle nights run through, nor does it change what we do or who we are. It is not a change. Let me repeat this: It is not a change. If it interferes with anyone's plans, schedule, etc, then the normal full battle night would have as well.

Please remember that this is a beta war. A war for preparing and testing things for the actual wars. No, we aren't "testing" a new time or a change. But half of that preparation comes from you guys, the other largest half goes on Myth and I's shoulders. As you can see, getting people into games in MCC is a struggle. A huge one. In the event that Wednesday's "fix" is lackluster or doesn't solve the issue outright, Myth and I will be spending 2 hours dealing with the system to get you guys into games as is. In the past, for example Halo 4's beta war start, we had unexpected turnouts, unexpected issues, and overall a very POOR battle night experience. It was a beta war after all, but over that time we saw problems, and lost a LOT, a LOT of members because we were unprepared and went gung-ho into doing our thing without respect to the changes of the new game and what was going on around us. By the time the first war had hit, our numbers had cut in half and we provided a very lackluster battle night system that carried over to, well, the end of Halo 4. We're doing one map to prevent this first event from having issues that can't be solved on the spot. From giving you guys a poor experience. From scaring away newer members. Something we know we can better manage before going straight into the big thing. And with that, giving squad leaders a small taste of setting up their own games before they're thrown into it as well.

When it comes to whether we start at 6PM and end early, or start late and end at the same time, working around an event that 343 is sanctioning is a no-brainer. Seriously, look at you guys, you're like piranhas. This is a goddamn online community. We're situating a time, that is WITHIN our normal timeslot, but positioning it so we minimize the chances of overlap with another event, and so many of you are hostile over people like that even existing in the community. Chances are it won't last until 6PM EST. But if it does, would you really be "OK" with our battle nights just going to hell to put a middle finger to people who want to be a part of such an event?

You guys are all going chicken little, the sky is falling, cutthroat piranha at the two of us who are sinking a LOT of time into improving this place and preparing the right way rather than just jumping into things. This changes nothing. There is plenty other to do beyond the 1~ hour you wont be fighting a battle night. But for our sake, we cannot go into this unprepared and ignoring what's going on around us. We cannot. We aren't going to be the leaders that release a broken system because you want your game a week early.

Be calm. Be collective. Jesus.

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2014, 07:47 PM
so the sky isn't falling?

oh thank god

Zeta Crossfire
11-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Think of it this way:

The "change", which isn't a change at all, does NOT change our battle night structure, times, or anything. None.

Generally Battle Nights run from around 6p-10p. Split that in half, and you've got the times each map run at. We're doing the latter one. Zero actual change in the Battle Night structure, we're simply easing ourselves into things after the colossal failure that is known as MCC's launch. It does not change the bounds of which battle nights run through, nor does it change what we do or who we are. It is not a change. Let me repeat this: It is not a change. If it interferes with anyone's plans, schedule, etc, then the normal full battle night would have as well.

Please remember that this is a beta war. A war for preparing and testing things for the actual wars. No, we aren't "testing" a new time or a change. But half of that preparation comes from you guys, the other largest half goes on Myth and I's shoulders. As you can see, getting people into games in MCC is a struggle. A huge one. In the event that Wednesday's "fix" is lackluster or doesn't solve the issue outright, Myth and I will be spending 2 hours dealing with the system to get you guys into games as is. In the past, for example Halo 4's beta war start, we had unexpected turnouts, unexpected issues, and overall a very POOR battle night experience. It was a beta war after all, but over that time we saw problems, and lost a LOT, a LOT of members because we were unprepared and went gung-ho into doing our thing without respect to the changes of the new game and what was going on around us. By the time the first war had hit, our numbers had cut in half and we provided a very lackluster battle night system that carried over to, well, the end of Halo 4. We're doing one map to prevent this first event from having issues that can't be solved on the spot. From giving you guys a poor experience. From scaring away newer members. Something we know we can better manage before going straight into the big thing. And with that, giving squad leaders a small taste of setting up their own games before they're thrown into it as well.

When it comes to whether we start at 6PM and end early, or start late and end at the same time, working around an event that 343 is sanctioning is a no-brainer. Seriously, look at you guys, you're like piranhas. This is a goddamn online community. We're situating a time, that is WITHIN our normal timeslot, but positioning it so we minimize the chances of overlap with another event, and so many of you are hostile over people like that even existing in the community. Chances are it won't last until 6PM EST. But if it does, would you really be "OK" with our battle nights just going to hell to put a middle finger to people who want to be a part of such an event?

You guys are all going chicken little, the sky is falling, cutthroat piranha at the two of us who are sinking a LOT of time into improving this place and preparing the right way rather than just jumping into things. This changes nothing. There is plenty other to do beyond the 1~ hour you wont be fighting a battle night. But for our sake, we cannot go into this unprepared and ignoring what's going on around us. We cannot. We aren't going to be the leaders that release a broken system because you want your game a week early.

I might not be seeing it but I can't find a reason why we aren't hosting it at the regular time.

Houdini
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Would enjoy seeing larger maps as well.

Jam Cliché
11-16-2014, 07:52 PM
I advise others to not go as as well

No.

I might disagree with changing the time, but I won't stand by and let us give our new members the collective impression that we are THAT disorganized.

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm sure Myth our lord and savior will get us out of this mess

All Hail Myth!

Wolf Demon Lee
11-16-2014, 07:54 PM
What made the FMs think pushing battlenight back to 8 EST was okay, with us having a reasonable number of active members (REDD and BLUE) overseas that are already a little pressed to attend? Furthermore, in the last war I failed to notice battlenights cancelled over an event. I didn't even see times changed for an event.

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 07:59 PM
What made the FMs think pushing battlenight back to 8 EST was okay, with us having a reasonable number of active members (REDD and BLUE) overseas that are already a little pressed to attend? Furthermore, in the last war I failed to notice battlenights cancelled over an event. I didn't even see times changed for an event.

Once again, not a fundamental change in time. Battle nights will always run between 6-10ESTish. We're sticking to that, just doing the later half in preparation, for ONE night, for a variety of reasons.

We are in no way trying to alienate anyone. If you want to talk about it come to me, Myth, any leader. However certain conversations going on in this thread are not productive whatsoever.

EDIT: TO CLARIFY. The time change is just us only playing the 2nd map of a normal battle night to ease into things. We are in no way changing the map count or time of normal battle nights, and the following Sunday battles will be their same normal time assuming things don't interfere.

Jam Cliché
11-16-2014, 08:58 PM
This thread is unlocked.

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 09:00 PM
This thread is unlocked.

This Jam is a lie.

Jam Cliché
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
This Jam is a lie.

It's true. I'm actually a trope, not a cliché.

Anarchy
11-16-2014, 09:02 PM
It's true. I'm actually a trope, not a cliché.

Dude I love crepes.

VerbotenDonkey
11-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Y'all posting in a non-locked thread.

Fuzzy
11-16-2014, 10:00 PM

I still want to know what this is all about???!?!?!???????????

Drth spartan
11-16-2014, 10:18 PM
Why only the three choices ?

Silko
11-16-2014, 10:23 PM

Can you have a bigger Sig? God damn

Nicholas Sapien
11-16-2014, 11:23 PM
Can you have a bigger Sig? God damn

lol don't tempt him

Yehsus
11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Think of it this way:

Marry me.

Blackhawk570
11-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Maxdoggy Gaming

Silko
11-21-2014, 03:32 AM
So can we get an update on what WC is thinking for battle times? Been a while since we got an update on the discussion.

Harry
11-21-2014, 04:21 AM
IMO, it should be the same time as it has always been. But then again, it is only a beta-war. $0.02

Drth spartan
12-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Where is the War map or is there one for us to look at

Mythonian
12-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Where is the War map or is there one for us to look at

No warmap until the main war.

VerbotenDonkey
12-05-2014, 03:08 PM
No warmap until the main war.

Where's the battle results? :C

Nicholas Sapien
12-05-2014, 05:57 PM
In the immortal words of Darkwhip:

NO

lol you just got darkwhipped

Graycochea
12-05-2014, 06:50 PM
We should make a darkwhip meme.

Barry Soap
12-06-2014, 05:13 PM
We should make a darkwhip meme.

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/NervyDestroyer/Darkwhipmeme_zps553c4fb8. jpg

Anarchy
12-06-2014, 05:53 PM
http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a595/NervyDestroyer/Darkwhipmeme_zps553c4fb8. jpg
http://www.mccormick.com/-/media/Recipe%20Photos/McCormick/Main%20Dishes/787x426/Montreal%20Peppered%20Ste ak.ashx

NervyDestroyer
12-06-2014, 07:03 PM
http://www.mccormick.com/-/media/Recipe%20Photos/McCormick/Main%20Dishes/787x426/Montreal%20Peppered%20Ste ak.ashx

What does that even mean?

fearfulpenguin
12-06-2014, 07:09 PM

LOL, Good times man!! Good times!!

- - - Updated - - -

What does that even mean?

It means anarchy likes his meat dark ;)

W3z4b1
12-06-2014, 10:18 PM

Jam Cliché
12-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Anarchy knows what's at steak here.