PDA

View Full Version : Iran Nuclear Talks

NecroNocte
04-08-2015, 11:11 AM
What are some of your guys' stances? I sit in the middle really.

I think countries that want and have the ability to go nuclear, should. However, Iran is.. well it's Iran.

I'm still reading up on the issue, so if you have knowledge to add I suppose. Add it.

Drth spartan
04-08-2015, 11:22 AM
If Iran Had a government that Stopped turning into terrorist organizations that just want to kill everyone, Then maybe they could have nukes but since it is practically run over there by terrorists(and even if it is not the terrorists probably could get the nukes anyway) it probably would be safest if they did not.

Nicholas Sapien
04-08-2015, 11:56 AM
I could care less

Drth spartan
04-08-2015, 01:34 PM
I could care less

lol

NervyDestroyer
04-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I could care less

Quoth the Raven

bazongaman502
04-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Here is my opinion, and it will have some profanity. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The world is already fucked.

No one is happy with anyone. There are wars happening everywhere and many times by its own citizens. The US is fighting 2 wars. ISIS and the American people against the Police.

Russia, the Middle East, North Korea and China are fed up with the US. China is less likely to do anything, but they have the biggest military in the world. So they aren't someone we should be pissing off.

World War 3 is upon us. It's already started and has been going for years. World War 3 will be the end of the world. For the end to happen, all it needs is someone with a pissy attitude with nuclear power to say "fuck it" and we got a nuke going off. It will be a full train reaction. 1 will launch, then someone else will launch with retaliation, and then someone will do the exact same thing and it will all go down to every nuke flying in the air. There are already shit leaders in this world with powers they should have never had (Kim-Jong Un being a prime example). There are leaders out there that don't give a shit about it's country and just wants to be known as the guy that took someone down. We are living in the midst of a Modern Day Hitler, but it's not just 1 guy, it's many of them.

I give human life 20 years. There is no way we will all be alive 20 years from now. Prepare now you guys. Stock up and build a plan. Once everything goes to shit, no one is going to help you. It will turn into Survival of the Fittest. And even that won't last long once the radiation from the bombs start to spread through the air.

Graycochea
04-08-2015, 04:01 PM
I could care less

Ok, so you're not going to like this, but I think what you're trying to say is you couldn't care less. If you could care less, it means you care somewhat. Unless that's what you're going for, in which case disregard.

Maxdoggy
04-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Ok, so you're not going to like this, but I think what you're trying to say is you couldn't care less. If you could care less, it means you care somewhat. Unless that's what you're going for, in which case disregard.

If you didn't say that, I was going to. But then I realized that Cpt Nick is basically the forum dick nowadays and decided to not post anything, as I couldn't care less.

:death:

Silko
04-09-2015, 12:59 PM
Here is my opinion, and it will have some profanity. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The world is already fucked.

No one is happy with anyone. There are wars happening everywhere and many times by its own citizens. The US is fighting 2 wars. ISIS and the American people against the Police.

Russia, the Middle East, North Korea and China are fed up with the US. China is less likely to do anything, but they have the biggest military in the world. So they aren't someone we should be pissing off.

World War 3 is upon us. It's already started and has been going for years. World War 3 will be the end of the world. For the end to happen, all it needs is someone with a pissy attitude with nuclear power to say "fuck it" and we got a nuke going off. It will be a full train reaction. 1 will launch, then someone else will launch with retaliation, and then someone will do the exact same thing and it will all go down to every nuke flying in the air. There are already shit leaders in this world with powers they should have never had (Kim-Jong Un being a prime example). There are leaders out there that don't give a shit about it's country and just wants to be known as the guy that took someone down. We are living in the midst of a Modern Day Hitler, but it's not just 1 guy, it's many of them.

I give human life 20 years. There is no way we will all be alive 20 years from now. Prepare now you guys. Stock up and build a plan. Once everything goes to shit, no one is going to help you. It will turn into Survival of the Fittest. And even that won't last long once the radiation from the bombs start to spread through the air.

This is paranoia at it's best. Zonga I think it might be time to put the bong down for a few days. I am not being my normal smart ass self right now I am being 100% serious. There is no American civil police war, WWIII is not waiting for someone to fuck up, and despots like Kim Jong Un have always been around. While yes, many nations are not happy with the US on how it handles foreign events, but until one of those nations gets off their asses and handles it themselves they will not do a damn thing about how the US does business. There is a reason why we are the globe hegemon.

What are some of your guys' stances? I sit in the middle really.

I think countries that want and have the ability to go nuclear, should. However, Iran is.. well it's Iran.

I'm still reading up on the issue, so if you have knowledge to add I suppose. Add it.

My opinion on this is if you are a believer of DPT then this is a great step forward. I see myself as more of a defensive realist so I hope that this agreement 1) Leads to future stability in the region 2) Doesn't get bent over by congress trying to flex it's muscles to the President 3) Is actually followed Iran and if not, someone has the balls to follow through with the punishment for breaking the agreement. Yet at the same time I am very very skeptical of this and that nagging voice in the back of my head is saying there is no way this will work. Right now every day citizens have little power in this, but come November we can really show our opinion on this at the polls. I foresee this being a major talking point for the congressional elections, and some of the freshman congressmen who have been laying the rhetoric pretty thick are going to be looking for a new job come next year.

bazongaman502
04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
This is paranoia at it's best. Zonga I think it might be time to put the bong down for a few days. I am not being my normal smart ass self right now I am being 100% serious. There is no American civil police war, WWIII is not waiting for someone to fuck up, and despots like Kim Jong Un have always been around. While yes, many nations are not happy with the US on how it handles foreign events, but until one of those nations gets off their asses and handles it themselves they will not do a damn thing about how the US does business. There is a reason why we are the globe hegemon.

My opinion on this is if you are a believer of DPT then this is a great step forward. I see myself as more of a defensive realist so I hope that this agreement 1) Leads to future stability in the region 2) Doesn't get bent over by congress trying to flex it's muscles to the President 3) Is actually followed Iran and if not, someone has the balls to follow through with the punishment for breaking the agreement. Yet at the same time I am very very skeptical of this and that nagging voice in the back of my head is saying there is no way this will work. Right now every day citizens have little power in this, but come November we can really show our opinion on this at the polls. I foresee this being a major talking point for the congressional elections, and some of the freshman congressmen who have been laying the rhetoric pretty thick are going to be looking for a new job come next year.

So ISIS taking parts of Iraq and Iran isn't an issue? What about if/when ISIS takes over a nuclear plant Iran has? ISIS already has made it clear they will kill everyone that gets in their way and the United States as well as others are blocking them. Once ISIS gets control of a nuclear plant, all hell is going to break loose. I'v watched, read and heard stories from people that have witnessed this shit going down to the point that anything can happen at any moment. Was yesterdays world much safer as todays world is? No. But safety isn't getting better. It's getting worse.

And no civial war with the police in the US? Explain the recent cop killings through ambushes in the past couple months. What about the riots? You may not see it, but no where is safe.

If you feel safe, that's good on you and that is great to hear. But I'm not gonna stand idly by and not prepare for the worst that can happen at any moment.

(NOT TRYING TO FORCE MY RELIGION ON ANYONE)
In my Religion (Catholic), in the bible it says "The end of the world will come like a thief in the night and will not be expected". With todays technology, that is easily possible. Anything from an EMP bomb to a terrorist attack (which has been successful many times to go undetected).

I will still stand by with what I said. This world has 20 years left unless shit changes right now

Hell, this just popped up on my facebook:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/us-capitol-lockdown-after-shooting

MedeDust
04-11-2015, 05:03 PM
If somebody is going to launch a nuclear bomb, then they're going to launch it one way or another. With permission or without permission. Until then we can't be in a state of paranoia because then we'll never get done with the things that do matter. Like wiping out Isis.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Couldn't care less. If they make nukes, they'll probably be stupid enough to detonate one ground level, which will mainly result in fallout and have little concussive effect in comparison to a low altitude blast.

If war starts, I look forward to fight in it, where ever that might be. If not, as long as there's beer and whiskey available, then I'm happy

NecroNocte
04-11-2015, 06:18 PM
I agree with Silko. Bazonga, you realize people are now fighting ISIS over there right? It isn't as if they have free reign of everything.

I often have the discussion with people on why just cause the news shows tons of police brutality doesn't mean tons of it occurs. Stories on police brutality sells, so guess what? They write up and air a whole fuck ton of them.

Should we question why police forces are receiving military grade APC's and such? Yes, yes we should.

You can live in a state of being afraid of everything, but I've watched an episode of doomday preppers. The episode I watched they were in this rifle tower they constructed firing at targets, and the one guy got his ears fucked. He had earmuffs on, but the way the acoustics worked due to the confined internal structure of the tower amplified the gunshot. The amplification was enough that the earmuffs didn't matter.

So as he's rolling on the ground in pain, and the EMT's come. All I could think is, "good you fucking idiot. That's what you get for thinking the end of the world is right around the corner."

If the world goes to shit, it won't be fixed or saved by those who say, "I told you so. Now I'm gonna go hide in bunker."

No, if the world goes to shit, those who will fix it will be those who stand up and decide to fix it.

To Silko, I agree again xD I really think this will be an important step for the US in international relations where we don't solve it the barrel of a gun.

Silko
04-12-2015, 01:52 AM
So ISIS taking parts of Iraq and Iran isn't an issue? What about if/when ISIS takes over a nuclear plant Iran has? ISIS already has made it clear they will kill everyone that gets in their way and the United States as well as others are blocking them. Once ISIS gets control of a nuclear plant, all hell is going to break loose. I'v watched, read and heard stories from people that have witnessed this shit going down to the point that anything can happen at any moment. Was yesterdays world much safer as todays world is? No. But safety isn't getting better. It's getting worse.

And no civial war with the police in the US? Explain the recent cop killings through ambushes in the past couple months. What about the riots? You may not see it, but no where is safe.

If you feel safe, that's good on you and that is great to hear. But I'm not gonna stand idly by and not prepare for the worst that can happen at any moment.

(NOT TRYING TO FORCE MY RELIGION ON ANYONE)
In my Religion (Catholic), in the bible it says "The end of the world will come like a thief in the night and will not be expected". With todays technology, that is easily possible. Anything from an EMP bomb to a terrorist attack (which has been successful many times to go undetected).

I will still stand by with what I said. This world has 20 years left unless shit changes right now

Hell, this just popped up on my facebook:

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/us-capitol-lockdown-after-shooting

ISIS is of course an issue but you have the region wrong. ISIS is attempting to form a nation out of land taken from Iraq and Syria. Iran is apart of this conflict because Iran chooses to be. Iran is fighting ISIS mostly due to ISIS claiming to be Sunni Islamic extremest. Iran is a Shia Islamic state, this is yet another part of the Islamic civil war that has been going on for centuries. Zonga one of the reasons I know ISIS will be unsuccessful in using a nuke is the fact we invaded the middle east because we "thought" Iraq had WMDs. Now imagine what will happen if ISIS actually gets a hold of one. As for the current issue of police brutality. As Eagle said, these type of stories sell so of course we are going to hear about it. How ever these events are a very small minority in the amount of police interactions with civilians. Remember that cops are people too and they are not perfect. They fuck up just like we do. The difference is when police fuck up, the consequences are much more dire then when you or I fuck up. I will admit that maybe I feel safe it is because I have police in my family and I have a better idea then most about what they go through and the massive amount of training they receive to ensure that they enforce the law correctly and come home safe. Perhaps having police in my family also makes me a tad bias, and if that is the case then so be it.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-12-2015, 09:14 AM
I bet a bunch of kids arguing about how we should fix this problem over the internet is making ISIS shiver in their sandals.

Spattan177
04-12-2015, 09:15 AM
As for the current issue of police brutality. As Eagle said, these type of stories sell so of course we are going to hear about it. How ever these events are a very small minority in the amount of police interactions with civilians. Remember that cops are people too and they are not perfect. They fuck up just like we do. The difference is when police fuck up, the consequences are much more dire then when you or I fuck up. I will admit that maybe I feel safe it is because I have police in my family and I have a better idea then most about what they go through and the massive amount of training they receive to ensure that they enforce the law correctly and come home safe. Perhaps having police in my family also makes me a tad bias, and if that is the case then so be it.

http://files.list.co.uk/images/festivals/2012/fringe/this-arthur-s-seat-belongs-to-lionel-richie-24638-300.jpg

NecroNocte
04-12-2015, 09:33 AM
I bet a bunch of kids arguing about how we should fix this problem over the internet is making ISIS shiver in their sandals.

They fuckin' better be. I ain't fukin around m8.

bazongaman502
04-13-2015, 12:20 PM
Everyone has the right to their own opinion and I still stand by with everything I said

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Everyone has the right to their own opinion and I still stand by with everything I said

It's ok man, I'll join you in your bunker. I'll bring the booze. We sure as hell aren't spending the apocalypse sober.

Silko
04-13-2015, 02:02 PM
It's ok man, I'll join you in your bunker. I'll bring the booze. We sure as hell aren't spending the apocalypse sober.

Funk, why is your sig the Sith Code?

RENGADE 0F FUNK
04-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Funk, why is your sig the Sith Code?

Because the Dark Side is where it's at.

Spattan177
04-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Silko, .... Um... Aaaaaah... Oh dang, I got nothing. :(

Sicarioano
04-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Are we talking nuclear bombs or a reactor?

Cause as a nuclear engineer in the Navy, we've asked and just because you have a nuclear power plant doesn't mean it will make a nuclear bomb. At best the worst you can do with a plant is but some radioactive material in an area.

As for bombs, well we have several ballistic missile subs that we reign hell on them.

#HooyahSubmarines

BiGShoTTTTT
04-14-2015, 10:37 PM
Are we talking nuclear bombs or a reactor?

Cause as a nuclear engineer in the Navy, we've asked and just because you have a nuclear power plant doesn't mean it will make a nuclear bomb. At best the worst you can do with a plant is but some radioactive material in an area.

As for bombs, well we have several ballistic missile subs that we reign hell on them.

#HooyahSubmarines

Hey fellow nuclear engineer here (almost)! Although not in navy, just getting BS in college at the moment.

No, a reactor doesn't always equate with a bomb. But many reactors do create plutonium 239 as a byproduct of transmutation, which is why many people are concerned with certain countries attaining this technology. Although just because you have the plutonium, doesn't mean you have the means of processing it.