PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see new gametypes/customs incorporated into the war?

Nicholas Sapien
07-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Examples: race, speed runs, tactics, etc.

If you have an idea for a new gametype/custom, you can post it below.

*Note: Everything will go through War Council to see if it can be added into our gametypes*

Legendary Nova
07-21-2015, 07:55 PM
I want tactics for the sole reason that I haven't played it yet and it looks awesome! xD

Seriously though, SWAT could be cool if that was a Conflict variant and I really do like the look of tactics.

Now races sound interesting... I'd like to see what everyone else thinks about that one though.

Houdini
07-21-2015, 08:10 PM
I think for the vast majority of new gametypes we would have significant issues getting map compatibility.

You can't play Race on Warlord, etc.

SWAT would be nice. Fiesta would be nice. Speed runs would require a different warmap. Race would require a different warmap.

If people are really down for changes of this magnitude, I think there are other things that should take priority.

That said, please add Fiesta. Fiesta is so much fun.

fearfulpenguin
07-21-2015, 08:16 PM
That said, please add Fiesta. Fiesta is so much fun.

Please and thank you. The day Husky raid makes it to an official battle night is the day I will fully come back to fc and do anything I can to help :D

NervyDestroyer
07-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Lots in my squad would like to see SWAT added to the lineup. Can we please add it?

Solus Exsequor
07-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Swat, fiesta and husky raid. Yes, all the yes. This is the positive way to evolve.

Fiesta Swat too

Tactics is a big yes from me completely

silversleek
07-21-2015, 08:27 PM
I've never played this "tactics" that so many are praising, but variaty is always good. If nobody likes them, you'll be able to tell because they'll never be played lol.

Mos Deaf
07-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Well, this is a neat post. First off, I vote the following:

SWAT (Slayer)
SWATgun CTF (multi-flag)
Fiesta (Slayer)
Incursion (H2A's version of Invasion)

Now, can someone please link me to this Tactics I still have no idea what it's about?

VerbotenDonkey
07-21-2015, 09:43 PM
LARP gametype pls

Ominous Solace
07-21-2015, 09:53 PM

SWAT (Slayer)
SWATgun CTF (multi-flag)
Fiesta (Slayer)

Now, can someone please link me to this Tactics I still have no idea what it's about?

Guzzie
07-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Keep the game type suggestions coming!

Houdini
07-21-2015, 10:10 PM

SWAT (Slayer)
SWATgun CTF (multi-flag)
Fiesta (Slayer)
Incursion (H2A's version of Invasion)

Why limit Fiesta to just slayer? Fiesta everything! Fiesta Extraction! Fiesta Flag! Fiesta Fiesta!

Maxdoggy
07-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Why limit Fiesta to just slayer? Fiesta everything! Fiesta Extraction! Fiesta Flag! Fiesta Fiesta!

Fiesta Tacos.

Solus Exsequor
07-22-2015, 11:59 AM
I think for once nearly all of us are I'm agreement here

Mos Deaf
07-22-2015, 07:41 PM
I think for once nearly all of us are I'm agreement here

Wait no shit shit shit WHERE'S THE DAMN DRAMA GUYS

Just kidding. I have a community boner right now because of this.

Silko
07-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Well seeing as it is the last war of MCC, might as well have a party! Fiesta everybody!

UnfoldedFreedom
07-22-2015, 07:52 PM
I was in a community in reach and the 5 game-types were

Slayer
Obj
Swat
Snipers
Mlg

Something for everyone

If were gunna add all these casual game-types can we at-least have one no radar game type as well? give and take deal plox

Houdini
07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
I was in a community in reach and the 5 game-types were

Slayer
Obj
Swat
Snipers
Mlg

Something for everyone

If were gunna add all these casual game-types can we at-least have one no radar game type as well? give and take deal plox

How about Fiesta Conflict with No Radar?

Nicholas Sapien
07-22-2015, 09:14 PM
I'll cast my vote for husky raid and monster trucks

Solus Exsequor
07-22-2015, 09:18 PM
Adjust it mid war, call a war council meeting to adjust the gametypes. Do it for next Sunday and we are all good. SWAT won't take long to make neither will Fiesta. A few husky raid maps can be added in place of other maps.

Get on this fast before the hype dies down

Guzzie
07-22-2015, 09:40 PM
War Council is currently working on a system that will implement some of these gametypes along side the main event gametypes. More details to come soon. In the mean while, keep the suggestions coming.

Ominous Solace
07-22-2015, 10:49 PM
SWAT (Slayer) - I Support This
SWATgun CTF (multi-flag) - I Support This
Incursion (H2A's version of Invasion) - I support this

If we were to added these games, then I could only want these, because I don't think Fiesta would be good for what we are looking for at the moment.

Houdini
07-22-2015, 11:53 PM
If we were to added these games, then I could only want these, because I don't think Fiesta would be good for what we are looking for at the moment.

What a party pooper. How is Fiesta ever not what we are looking for?

Legendary Nova
07-23-2015, 01:17 AM

Nicholas Sapien
07-23-2015, 01:40 AM

It's okay, there is more voices than just his in the War Council.

Solus Exsequor
07-23-2015, 06:47 AM
Looks like a case of a majority's favouring anyway. However many yes votes to one no so far

fearfulpenguin
07-23-2015, 08:54 AM

People who hate fiesta just hate life in general man

Barry Soap
07-23-2015, 08:57 AM
I don't know if just adding plain gametypes into the war such as Fiesta - which is completely random as it is (literally), is the best possible idea we can muster. I think there should maybe be a slight addition to the idea.

Before I suggest this, I'm just using this idea as a placeholder and I may/may not be completely serious.

But what if regular gametypes counted as 1 win, while a more relaxed gametype counted as a half win? Don't know how well that would work though. :/

Houdini
07-23-2015, 09:52 AM
People who hate fiesta just hate life in general man
The truth!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if just adding plain gametypes into the war such as Fiesta - which is completely random as it is (literally), is the best possible idea we can muster. I think there should maybe be a slight addition to the idea.

Before I suggest this, I'm just using this idea as a placeholder and I may/may not be completely serious.

But what if regular gametypes counted as 1 win, while a more relaxed gametype counted as a half win? Don't know how well that would work though. :/

Can you explain why adding plain gametypes are not the best possible idea? We don't give a half-point win for Ricochet why would we give a half point for SWAT or Fiesta Conflict?

Barry Soap
07-23-2015, 12:42 PM
The truth!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you explain why adding plain gametypes are not the best possible idea? We don't give a half-point win for Ricochet why would we give a half point for SWAT or Fiesta Conflict?

As I said, those gametypes are completely random. I'm not completely opposed to them, but we go from a 'slightly competitive community' to a 'lol let's have shits and gigs one game but try harder the next'.

Also with the complaints we get from some of the normal gametypes, imagine the complete frustration if a mega-skilled squad loses to an underdog squad because of Fiesta. I can forsee a thread being locked about it.

NervyDestroyer
07-23-2015, 01:17 PM
There is nothing wrong with adding SWAT. SWAT is super fun. Fiesta, I can kind of see a problem with. Guzzie was toying with a "Satellite" idea for the WARMAP. Maybe we could use that to add Fiesta. Like an almost one time only thing.

Seriously, if SWAT isn't a normal gametype, I'm gonna be pissed. I have to force myself to enjoy a game of Conflict and Liberation against some supersquad. If you're all meaning to tell me that you can't play a couple rounds of SWAT when I put up with that other shit, then that's just being ridiculous

fearfulpenguin
07-23-2015, 03:37 PM
I have to force myself to enjoy a game of Conflict and Liberation against some supersquad.

So you are telling them that having a game where only one headshot kills will make the game more enjoyable if you are still going against a supersquad

If you're all meaning to tell me that you can't play a couple rounds of Fiesta when I put up with that other shit, then that's just being ridiculous

There I fixed that minor spelling error you had ;)

NervyDestroyer
07-23-2015, 04:25 PM
There I fixed that minor spelling error you had ;)

Shoot, spelling is hard sometimes

Maxdoggy
07-23-2015, 04:49 PM
Tiebreakers should be Fiesta Ricochet.

Houdini
07-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Tiebreakers should be Fiesta Ricochet.

YES PLEASE!

If only we could mod the standard gametypes and have every game type turn into Fiesta Ricochet during the last 60 seconds.

Nicholas Sapien
07-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Alright, I have written down the suggestions.

Does anyone have anymore gametypes they want to share before we start debating on which ones we'll be using?

Nicholas Sapien
07-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback

The poll is closed, WC will have meeting on it sometime this week so we can change this upcoming Battlenight

Seems like the majority is on board for some new gametypes to be added to Battlenight.