PDA

View Full Version : Draft

Solus Exsequor
08-23-2015, 10:53 PM
It's all been talked about before. Individual player draft, non active members do not vote. Just to finish up the MCC wars.

UnfoldedFreedom
08-24-2015, 03:24 AM
how about no? and say we did?

Silko
08-24-2015, 05:29 AM
It's all been talked about before. Individual player draft, non active members do not vote. Just to finish up the MCC wars.

Lets be real here, this is the last mcc war. This war isn't going to end until September and I doubt anyone can honestly take another war on this game. Also there simply won't be enough time for another war before H5. So putting a poll for a draft for another mcc war is pointless other then to see where people stand for a possible push for a H5 draft. So I'll humor you and not vote on the poll but I will post that I am against it at this time.

Barry Soap
08-24-2015, 07:08 AM
Well then it's down to ending the wars for now seeing as how people are too proud to lower their skill slightly

silversleek
08-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Well then it's down to ending the wars for now seeing as how people are too proud to lower their skill slightly

wut. how would people even do that, that sounds rediculous.

Barry Soap
08-24-2015, 07:44 AM
wut. how would people even do that, that sounds rediculous.

Recruit people who aren't super high skill. I did that this week and they got destroyed every game. Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

This has been an ongoing issue for 5 weeks, skill imbalance isn't a ridiculous topic.

silversleek
08-24-2015, 07:53 AM
Recruit people who aren't super high skill. I did that this week and they got destroyed every game. Didn't think I'd have to spell that out.

This has been an ongoing issue for 5 weeks, skill imbalance isn't a ridiculous topic.

perhaps not, but the way you phrased it absolutely was. to me it Sounded like you basically wanted people to throw games so it would be more even, not just recruit more.

Barry Soap
08-24-2015, 08:00 AM
perhaps not, but the way you phrased it absolutely was. to me it Sounded like you basically wanted people to throw games so it would be more even, not just recruit more.

If BLUE cherry picks high-skilled people from matchmaking that'll make the problem worse. I recruited anyone at all knowing full well that we, as a squad, weren't going to get more wins. Apparently selflessness isn't a consistent thing amongst FC

Guzzie
08-24-2015, 09:51 AM
If BLUE cherry picks high-skilled people from matchmaking that'll make the problem worse. I recruited anyone at all knowing full well that we, as a squad, weren't going to get more wins. Apparently selflessness isn't a consistent thing amongst FC
Where exactly are you getting the idea that BLUE is only recruiting "high-skilled" people? Not sure where you are getting your information from, but I assure you that is not the case. We have been sending out messages to anyone that we match up against in MM.

Houdini
08-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Why did you make the results of who voted private?

NervyDestroyer
08-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Where exactly are you getting the idea that BLUE is only recruiting "high-skilled" people? Not sure where you are getting your information from, but I assure you that is not the case. We have been sending out messages to anyone that we match up against in MM.

How is it that Barry has been having massive amounts of success (MoH caliber work) with recruiting on his own and the entirety of BLUE can't get one fucking recruit? Are you being serious right now? Ask Barry for help, I had similar troubles and he showed me his method. It works I promise you

As for the poll, I suppose I'm technically not active in the wars atm so I won't vote. Still think the idea is dumb. It simply won't work.

Drth spartan
08-24-2015, 11:11 AM
Recruiting is the main problem

But The draft is A good Idea because the Skill gap is to great to make games fun, So with the draft some people from blue will go to red and players go from red will go to blue, giving red skilled players and Blue will have skilled players come, which should make matches even. Also just because you might get drafted to a different team, Does not mean you Cant play with your old squad just for fun, the point of fc is Fun and finding Friends to play xbox with, so just because you might no longer play together on battle night shouldn't matter you still can play with your friends.

Guzzie
08-24-2015, 11:17 AM
How is it that Barry has been having massive amounts of success (MoH caliber work) with recruiting on his own and the entirety of BLUE can't get one fucking recruit? Are you being serious right now? Ask Barry for help, I had similar troubles and he showed me his method. It works I promise you

As for the poll, I suppose I'm technically not active in the wars atm so I won't vote. Still think the idea is dumb. It simply won't work.
I beg your pardon?

First of all, no one is even mentioning Barry's ability or inability to recruit (besides you of course). Second of all, I was simply and only replying to his allegation at the fact that he seems to think that BLUE is only recruiting "high-skilled" players. I am honestly not even sure what you are replying to.

fearfulpenguin
08-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Careful drth don't wanna make any Redds mad with that post

the entirety of BLUE can't get one fucking recruit? Are you being serious right now?

Too late.....

silversleek
08-24-2015, 11:19 AM

Having been in blue the majority of my career (and rather recently too) I can confirm that is entirely true. Many of the recruiters in BLUE just send messages to all recent players. (more difficult on the xbox one, so it moved on to just the team that was played with, and not the enemies, as per my knowledge.)

fearfulpenguin
08-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Having been in blue the majority of my career (and rather recently too) I can confirm that is entirely true. Many of the people in BLUE just send messages to all recent players. (more difficult on the xbox one, so it moved on to just the team that was played with, and not the enemies, as per my knowledge.)

Indeed, this is was the way we try getting recruits while I was leader in Animus, sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't.

Nicholas Sapien
08-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Indeed, this is was the way we try getting recruits while I was leader in Animus, sometimes they work out and sometimes they don't.

easiest way to recruit

Platinum
08-24-2015, 11:40 AM
You all are putting the blame on BLUE for recruiting issues, the real blame is Barry and his silver tongue. Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words. You all need to chill though!

As for the draft, close the window!

Drth spartan
08-24-2015, 11:41 AM
I wonder Do people in fc not recruit because they don't know how, If that is the case we should create some type of training seminar so that every who thinks they cant recruit can be shown tips of how to recruit. On a side note we should probably get some DI's to set up a good Boot camp, Also We need more Head DI's or we need the assistant DI's to get trained on how to actually Process recruits.,

Barry Soap
08-24-2015, 12:04 PM
Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Sig'd

silversleek
08-24-2015, 12:04 PM
I wonder Do people in fc not recruit because they don't know how, If that is the case we should create some type of training seminar so that every who thinks they cant recruit can be shown tips of how to recruit. On a side note we should probably get some DI's to set up a good Boot camp, Also We need more Head DI's or we need the assistant DI's to get trained on how to actually Process recruits.,

Personally, I don't recruit because my matchmaking experience is usually foul and I don't want the people I get matched with to have anything to do with FC. (9/10 wouldn't even pass bootcamp)

NervyDestroyer
08-24-2015, 12:12 PM
I beg your pardon?

First of all, no one is even mentioning Barry's ability or inability to recruit (besides you of course). Second of all, I was simply and only replying to his allegation at the fact that he seems to think that BLUE is only recruiting "high-skilled" players. I am honestly not even sure what you are replying to.

That was more an attack on the allegation that recruiting is this super hard thing and that it's just too hard to accomplish. While I will agree that it is quite difficult to recruit, it's far off from being at the level described to me. There is an extremely easy method to doing that does get some recruits to join up. I was mentioning Barry as an example to prove the point that recruiting works and works well on MCC.

Too late.....

Disappointed not mad

Spartanbh
08-24-2015, 12:53 PM

HAVE YOU NOT READ ANYTHING I'VE EVER POSTED EVER IN THE ENTIRETY OF FC?!!?!?!

THIS IS SMACK-DAB STICKIED ON BLUE'S FORUMS XD: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?15436-Matchmaking-Recruitment-for-Forerunner-Conflict yet it only has 14 freaking views because people either are too lazy/don't care to read it.

(and REDD's: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?15435-Matchmaking-Recruitment-for-Forerunner-Conflict)

Drth spartan
08-24-2015, 02:29 PM

THIS IS SMACK-DAB STICKIED ON BLUE'S FORUMS XD: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?15436-Matchmaking-Recruitment-for-Forerunner-Conflict yet it only has 14 freaking views because people either are too lazy/don't care to read it.

(and REDD's: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?15435-Matchmaking-Recruitment-for-Forerunner-Conflict)

No I have never seen that before but that is what I was talking about

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mean to make anyone Angry Sorry if I did

Sir Nihlus
08-24-2015, 09:44 PM
I would have to agree that talks about army drafting this late into the MCC lifespan of wars is probably best postponed to after the release of Halo 5. At that point FC will have a clearer view of where to stand in terms of resolution talks regarding balance issues. To add onto the sub-discussion of recruitment however, having spent a good hunk of time in the Drill Department for BLUE, dealing with incoming recruits. I can confirm from experience, that the lack of recruit intakes on BLUE side was predominately down to not many people participating in the recruitment runs. I hope that has changed now though; both armies must learn to be self-sufficient in that regard, and not rely on 'squad transferring' to solve their problems. Although allegations of cherry-picking remains to be seen (I have not personally witnessed this), it can be assumed that if it was the case, it would have been at the discretion of the individual recruiting, and not reflective of the army itself as a whole. So let's not worry ourselves with something that will ultimately just be denied until death.

Res
08-24-2015, 09:52 PM
how about no? and say we did?

CAW0139
08-24-2015, 10:46 PM

The method you outlined was the exact method i was using when i tried recruiting because i read it, however i didnt even manage to find people with mics let alone with the tactical effectiveness and making call outs. I love this method, but it is selective, and lowers the number of possible recruits. That being said i still 100% support this method.

b1ackhawk40
08-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Im just here for the ride ! Whatever happens, happens.

Houdini
08-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Im just here for the ride ! Whatever happens, happens.

We need more people like you!

Silko
08-25-2015, 11:49 AM
We need more people like you!

Please be careful of what you wish for.

CAW0139
08-25-2015, 01:47 PM
The majority of the comments on this post arent even relevant to the issue, i will not vote because my opinion is split. I dont want us losing active members due to a draft, but i do want the skill imbalance fixed, i cant accurately vote on this knowing we will lose people.

Barry Soap
08-25-2015, 02:40 PM
The majority of the comments on this post arent even relevant to the issue, i will not vote because my opinion is split. I dont want us losing active members due to a draft, but i do want the skill imbalance fixed, i cant accurately vote on this knowing we will lose people.

Meh, I don't think the votes will matter because I seriously doubt a draft will happen.

Houdini
08-25-2015, 03:43 PM
Meh, I don't think the votes will matter because I seriously doubt a draft will happen.

Well based on the poll it appears that there really isn't support for a draft.