PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Quota

silversleek
08-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Idea: each squad has to recruit at least x number of new people per month (low number, 1-3 is fine) or they can't play the following battlenights. If they catch up, then they can continue playing. This way, all of the clueless recruits aren't all shoved off into the same squad of other clueless recruits, and we can have a more consistent recruits to veteran player ratio to play with. As well as being a solution to god squads without having to break anyone up unfairly.

Houdini
08-25-2015, 08:39 PM
I really like this.

Instead of banning people from playing on battle night if they can't keep up on recruitment, it might make more sense to give squads some sort of advantage in game. (e.g. +10 kills/recruit in a conflict match).

I'm not strongly opposed to preventing people from playing if they aren't recruiting successfully, but I think this might have more support if we reached some sort of middle ground.

Barry Soap
08-25-2015, 08:47 PM
It's a good idea but I can't support it seeing as how I'm the only one recruiting for Equinox :( don't wanna be tied down here by a quota

VerbotenDonkey
08-25-2015, 09:22 PM
While an interesting idea, not everyone is a recruiter. This would lead to a sloppy look at FC as people scramble to try to recruit whoever they can just so their squad can play in a battle night. Also, some Squads do better with a specific amount of people in them, if their forced to expand it might be against what they want as a Squad.

Houdini
08-25-2015, 09:32 PM
While an interesting idea, not everyone is a recruiter. This would lead to a sloppy look at FC as people scramble to try to recruit whoever they can just so their squad can play in a battle night. Also, some Squads do better with a specific amount of people in them, if their forced to expand it might be against what they want as a Squad.

Some sort of upper limit might be a good addition to the idea. If a squad has x players attending a battle night (maybe 12, 2 6v6 teams, 3 4v4 teams) they are exempt from the recruitment quota because that squad is already big enough.

silversleek
08-26-2015, 02:41 AM
I really like this.

Instead of banning people from playing on battle night if they can't keep up on recruitment, it might make more sense to give squads some sort of advantage in game. (e.g. +10 kills/recruit in a conflict match).

I'm not strongly opposed to preventing people from playing if they aren't recruiting successfully, but I think this might have more support if we reached some sort of middle ground.

It's just a rough idea right now, inspired from anarchy. it's open to change.

Some sort of upper limit might be a good addition to the idea. If a squad has x players attending a battle night (maybe 12, 2 6v6 teams, 3 4v4 teams) they are exempt from the recruitment quota because that squad is already big enough.

I like it, Because it is kind of fair that we can only recruit so much. Theoretically there's an upper limit to how many people we can recruit.

BrightShadow NL
08-26-2015, 03:39 AM
Sounds good to me (if I'm allowed to join this discussion). The only issue you then have is: can you handle all the new recruits you will get? I don't know how many squads you have, but this means that each squad needs to do one bootcamp each week. I mean if you are having troubles with organizing the bootcamps, won't it be better to solve that problem first?

I get that this idea is one for the future, so maybe then the bootcamp issues will already be solved. And if so, it's maybe be an idea of recruiting 1 member per squad each week. Have strict days set up for bootcamp, for example:

Looking for the new member: Monday through Wednesday
Setting up and do bootcamp: Thursday through Saturday
War: Sunday

Just an idea.

silversleek
08-26-2015, 06:36 AM
The only issue you then have is: can you handle all the new recruits you will get?

That, I don't know about. We are rather low on qualified DI's...

b1ackhawk40
08-31-2015, 08:57 AM
We can always have everyone recruit one person each month and then our community shall be big again.

Solus Exsequor
08-31-2015, 09:41 AM
I'm not sure on this

Drth spartan
08-31-2015, 01:25 PM
That, I don't know about. We are rather low on qualified DI's...

Who is In the DI's? they should look for some players in fc they think should become DI's,

CAW0139
08-31-2015, 01:52 PM
I like this idea. That being said TECHNICALLY i am a qualified DI, but i've never done a bootcamp since i havent had a chance to get in touch with very many recruits since we aren't bringing many in. I think we would be better off improving both. Training DI's as new recruits come through.

Barry Soap
08-31-2015, 03:54 PM
Who is In the DI's? they should look for some players in fc they think should become DI's,

been there, done that. No takers.

silversleek
08-31-2015, 03:55 PM

Red has two, maybe three DI's according to the DI list (which hasn't been updated in awhile) and my own knowledge. AFAIK, lilith, barry, and maybe cruelrage if he's still here? not 100% sure on that so don't quote me on it.

I like this idea. That being said TECHNICALLY i am a qualified DI, but i've never done a bootcamp since i havent had a chance to get in touch with very many recruits since we aren't bringing many in. I think we would be better off improving both. Training DI's as new recruits come through.

Same, TECHNICALLY, I'm a qualified DI. I don't have confidence in my ability to complete a bootcamp accurately though.

Drth spartan
08-31-2015, 04:41 PM
Maybe you guys should Go through A training program as a refresher, you could also bring some new DI's in with that program

Also with Halo 5 you Have a chance to Do the unified bootcamp's

Barry Soap
08-31-2015, 04:51 PM
Maybe you guys should Go through A training program as a refresher, you could also bring some new DI's in with that program

Also with Halo 5 you Have a chance to Do the unified bootcamp's

been there, done that. No takers.

I've asked people, and nobody wanted to become a DI.

Drth spartan
08-31-2015, 04:59 PM
I've asked people, and nobody wanted to become a DI.

If they are going to be unified you can talk to everyone from FC instead of just one army

Sir Nihlus
08-31-2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I can vouch for the notion that there isn't really a huge interest for DIs. Myself, Nervy and Barry went down that road a lot, and we either got people who said they would do it, but in the end don't, or just simply no takers. As much as I loved my work as a Head DI, it really does seem like a niche role that only appeals to the minority due to having to keep up with recruits and the paper work, which is necessary paper work I'll add; in order to keep records up to date which isn't even a demanding part of the role, I would argue.

EDIT: Having designed the two systems that both armies use (BIS and REIS respectively), the paper work that DIs do is largely filling out an online report which automatically goes into a database. Takes about 5 minutes max.