PDA

View Full Version : Halo 5 weapon rankings

silversleek
02-08-2016, 12:54 AM
as a small exercise i decided to give ranks to the weapons and vehicles in halo 5 warzone. these ranks will be based primarily around warzone as i play much more of it than arena. The ranks are based upon time to kill, versatility, technical specifications, etc. the rankings are:

F Ranking weapons: weapons which are complete garbage that i wouldn't even pick up off the ground.

D Ranking weapons: weapons with very limited utility, they're good in their own fields, and usually worth picking up, but aren't quite as good as the above grades. you have to plan to use them.

C Ranking weapons: The average weapon, is all around solid. hold their own in most cases.

B Ranking weapons: Above average weapons, lower tier power weapons that can demolish unprepared players, but can be played around.

A Ranking weapons: Upper tier power weapons. these guns attract attention, and can be game changers.

S Ranking weapons: Extremely powerful weapons, if used properly can force an enemy team to have to completely change their strategy to avoid or eliminate the threat.

F Ranked weapons:

Rain of oblivion
plasma turret

D Ranked weapons:

Fuel rod
Pool of radiance
talon of the lost
rocket pod turret
storm rifle
splinter turret

C Ranked weapons:

boltshot
Carbine
energy sword
Light of Urs
Light rifle
Barbed lance
needler
plasma caster
Plasma pistol
Spitfire
void's tear
railgun
ONI rocket pod turret
SAW
scattershot
loathsome thing
didact's signet
shotgun
suppressor
chaingun turret
ONI chaingun turret

B Ranked weapons:

Twin jewels of maethrillian
Closed fist
Open hand
ravening sliver
Vorpal Talon
hydra
typhon
incineration cannon
River of light
dying star
hailstorm
scourge of fire
white scar
appetite for destruction
Lawgiver
end game

A Ranked weapons:

Beam rifle
Sword of the faithful
Krith's left hand
Binary rifle
Retina of the mind's eye
Gauss turret
ONI gauss turret
echidna
heartseeker
arclight
rocket launcher
ad victorium
spnkr EM
spnkr rocket launcher
high five
spnkr EX
oathsworn
sniper rifle
end of the line
arrow of time
spartan laser
selene's lance

S Ranked weapons:

Blood of suban
Prophets bane
whispered truth
whiplash
spnkr prime
the answer
Blaze of glory
nornfang

Disagree with a ranking? post below! grenade weren't included as you can't spawn with them (except for abilities, which aren't technically weapons.) However, i consider all grenades and loadout weapons to be C class

silversleek
02-08-2016, 01:01 AM
F Ranked vehicles:

All mongeese variety's
All scout hogs except the ONI variant

D Ranked vehicles:

ghost
ONI scouthogs
normal warthog

C Ranked vehicles:

banshee
sword ghost
All gungoose variants
All rocket hog variants except ONI
woodland, urban, corp, tundra warthogs

B Ranked vehicles:

sword banshee
All non ONI gauss hogs
wraith
sword wraith

A Ranked vehicles:

ultra ghost
ONI gauss hog
All mantis variants
ONI rocket hog
All tank variants except ONI
ONI warthog
ultra wraith

S Ranked vehicles:

ultra banshee
Phaeton
ONI tank

VerbotenDonkey
02-08-2016, 01:06 AM
Wat. Splinter Turret is absolutely ridiculous. I disagree hard with an F rating.

Breezy
02-08-2016, 02:54 AM
Wat. Splinter Turret is absolutely ridiculous. I disagree hard with an F rating.

I believe he means his own opinion on the weapons he doesn't like, but I do agree that the splinter turret is of great use. Better than a F rating in my opinion.

silversleek
02-08-2016, 03:26 AM
i find the splinter turret useless really, miss a shot and you're dead, and more often than not, you're dead before your second shot connects anyways. basically, if anyone sees you, you're dead. if you're lucky you get one kill. i've never used, or seen it used, to any great effect.

W3z4b1
02-08-2016, 09:49 AM

This is in warzone, it's not quite the same as on anitfreeze lol.

Warzone it's only used for camping in a base and only has like 10 shots, still I'd put it up a rank or two.

EDIT: WAIT I DIDN'T NOTICE THE HYDRA AS A B RANK WHAT NO I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT SHIT DOWN TO F RANK SCUM

imo of course :3

silversleek
02-08-2016, 12:25 PM
EDIT: WAIT I DIDN'T NOTICE THE HYDRA AS A B RANK WHAT NO I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT SHIT DOWN TO F RANK SCUM

imo of course :3

really? F rank? damn. It ain't that bad.

well, by popular demand i'll move the splinter turret up to D rank, but i can't see it being above that no matter the circumstance so that's the highest i'm willing to bump it.

Dark Remalf
02-08-2016, 12:49 PM
rare plasma pistol with some vortext thing is RANK S BITCH! :D

imo...of course...

silversleek
02-08-2016, 01:08 PM
rare plasma pistol with some vortext thing is RANK S BITCH! :D

imo...of course...

oh, don't get me wrong, it's super fun to use and has a major surprise factor, but it's rather hard to actually get kills with, especially after the first when people know to save their thrusters.

VerbotenDonkey
02-08-2016, 02:56 PM
well, by popular demand i'll move the splinter turret up to D rank, but i can't see it being above that no matter the circumstance so that's the highest i'm willing to bump it.

You can ask Wes, everytime we play AntiFreeze in Arena I top our scoreboard with only the Splinter Turret. It's so under-rated.

W3z4b1
02-08-2016, 03:05 PM
You can ask Wes, everytime we play AntiFreeze in Arena I top our scoreboard with only the Splinter Turret. It's so under-rated.

That, and also the fact he won't shut up about it, are both true.

Hydra for me was one of the more difficult commedations to try and master :P I havn't used all the rarer weapons, but I agree with most of the rest of the list. Gungeese have the ability to merc on oni hogs if your rider has an answer on the back.

Metkil5685
02-08-2016, 09:24 PM
Hydras are a weird weapon, but once you figure them out, they are quite awesome. They key thing to remember with them, never fire them without a lock. They are practically useless. That is the most common thing I see when people have issues with them. They try to use it like a grenade launcher or rocket launcher. The other thing to remember is that the Hydra holds it's lock for a long time. One cheeky thing you can do is lock onto someone, after the lock aim straight up into a clearing (like the sky) and watch those rockets bend around the chest high cover they ducked behind.

Hydras are also only effective in an ambush type situation. If you are actively engaging someone, the Hydra becomes a wet noodle. All this being said, the B rating is very fair and I won't argue against that.