PDA

View Full Version : FC Cast

silversleek
03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
so, twitch can pick up party chat now. We can have a team cast some of our games, which would make them better for youtube and promotion of FC. Idea is in the rough stages, but it'll also give neutrals a way to participate in battles.

Legendary Nova
03-12-2016, 01:03 AM
I like the idea but the only thing I can see as a problem with this would be that if you're in neutral, chances are you won't/can't go to BN. Same thing goes with people who are in an army. I don't know if you'd be able to find someone willing to talk about the matches rather than play in them.

silversleek
03-12-2016, 05:57 AM
Personally, i would be willing to do it, though i am already in an army.

W3z4b1
03-12-2016, 12:42 PM
I'm not entirely sure what this idea is actually lol, but I think it's good?

So with party chat being a thing in twitch streams, are you suggesting that you have a dude spectate with a team of 4/6/8 and narrate the game on a stream?

silversleek
03-12-2016, 12:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure what this idea is actually lol, but I think it's good?

So with party chat being a thing in twitch streams, are you suggesting that you have a dude spectate with a team of 4/6/8 and narrate the game on a stream?

well, spectate with AT MOST one or two other people, but yeah, basically. i'm more or less just tossing this in from the co-op chat where someone brought it up, and it seemed popular

W3z4b1
03-12-2016, 01:48 PM
Aw okay, but won't the spectator be too far behind for it to make sense for viewers? The players will be talking about the game 3 minutes ahead of the specator's view right? Or is that spectate rule only in Matchmaking.

Nicholas Sapien
03-12-2016, 02:49 PM
sounds fun

silversleek
03-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Aw okay, but won't the spectator be too far behind for it to make sense for viewers? The players will be talking about the game 3 minutes ahead of the specator's view right? Or is that spectate rule only in Matchmaking.

well, that's assuming the people casting are in the game, and not also spectating. If we're looking at using the audio from players, that's missing the point entirely, there'll just be callouts and stuff, no real "casting" so to speak. and it's ~20 seconds difference, i think.

W3z4b1
03-12-2016, 06:16 PM
Ooooooooooooooooh, see I assumed that since this suggestion came up after party chat twitch update, I immediately thought of like a group playing/commenting. So it'd be like 2 people going over games afterwards? Obviously I don't know what casting is lmfao. I'll just stop.

Either way I like the idea, I just wanted to understand what it was exactly. Derp.