PDA

View Full Version : My Own Forerunner Conflict Story Saga

PhoenixPrime
04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Alright guys, I've decided to throw in my talent in writing for you all. I'm going to be writing a Forerunner Conflict story. It will take place during the Reach wars, and will eventually expand into a wider galactic conflict.

Here's the plot:

The REDD is fighting a losing war. Daily, there are colonies lost to the Brotherhood, and daily the Empire loses more and more good men. There is no stopping the Brotherhood. They have legions of enhanced super soldiers, the Spartans. While the REDD have their own super soldiers left over from the Human-Covenant war, they are simply outnumbered and outclassed by the more advanced versions of MJOLNIR that the Brotherhood has built. Many REDD Spartans remember what it was like to fight the Covenant, and they can no longer tell the difference between the Covenant tactics and that of the Brotherhood. Whenever an Imperial planet is lost, it is burned. The population is scattered to Brotherhood worlds to work in camps to fuel their war machine.

However, neither side is without corruption. The Emperor of the Empire is a man of darkness, who pushes the REDD beyond its capability. He lies to the population, and rounds up whole groups of people to fuel his own war effort. The Empire is corrupting from the inside out. Nevertheless, the war must go on.

The REDD and BLUE fight night and day on the planet Reach. For many, this planet will signify a new age in humanity's evolution, as a jumping point for repopulating the galaxy. Each side has their own SPARTAN army, equipped with the standard Mark IV armor. However, there is a secret war that is waged... A new level of fighting that neither side acknowledges, but both supports.

There is a new breed of warrior born on the battlefields of this "Forerunner Conflict"

Deep beneath Reach, something has been discovered... New technologies of war long forgotten, but soon harvested. The best SPARTAN soldiers, members of "kill squads" are being recruited for a new combat program. There is an arms race between both nations, which will decide the future of the war. If the Empire can create enough super-suits with the aid of Forerunner technology, they can topple the Brotherhood leadership and end their war effort. If the Brotherhood creates a better suit, then the final defeat of the Empire will be assured. Millions of lives hang in the balance, whole governments will be challenged, and the final battle may come down to just a few good men.

Elements of my story:

Suits that include special abilities, so that they are beyond that of an ordinary MJOLNIR suit.

Soldiers who are trained beyond that of a typical soldier

REDD Perspective first, though that may change as the story goes on.

Leaders who are corrupt, on both sides.

A web of deception that the soldiers must unearth if they are to finish the war.

So tell me your opinions, and fill out the form if you want your own name/character in my story

Forum Name

Character Name

Ability you want your character's armor to have.

Character personality

Feel free to post whatever you want on here. I'm going to try writing tonight, so start posting those characters!

RetRdidMunkie
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Forum Name: RetRdidMunkie

Character Name: Chris Bryan

Ability you want your character's armor to have.: Invis

Character personality: Aggressive because he's haunted by things that happened to him. Not easy to approach but loyal to those he cares about.

PhoenixPrime
04-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Alright Munkey, your character is in. I'm already writing a good bit for the plot. The more characters the merrier.

Yehsus
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Forum Name Yehsus

Character Name Tim Carpenter

Ability you want your character's armor to have. Active Camo

Character personality: Gruff rifleman, front line officer. Be a minor officer (IE Lieutenant), with covenant contraband energy sword as a secondary weapon.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
So if it is REDD perspective first, Can I still submit a character?

HellSpawn 101
04-25-2011, 10:17 PM
Forum Name HellSpawn

Character name:Corey Kmiec

Ability you want your character to have Predator mode heightens all senses, reflexes faster, hunting instincts kick in. Great deal of stress to body after each use.

character personality: Man of few words, Hated by few respected by all

PhoenixPrime
04-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Yehsus, your character is also added.

Yes, you can still submit a character. If you want him to be in the REDD Unit, or as a BLUE character, state that.

Btw guys, you don't have to use armor abilities that are in Reach. You can definitely get creative. Having the ability to emit an electromagnetic pulse, or to hack computers with your suit, or something cool like that. Or having a separate personality in your suit that takes over under times of great stress, that unlocks the hidden potential within the suit. There's tons of options. But yes, you could potentially have a suit that has the same power as someone else, within reason. The Forerunner Tech can work miracles, and this is definitely going to be more than just your regular FC Piece, I want an original twist on it.

AftershocK
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Forum Name: AftershocK

Character Name: Jeff Dasilva

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Auto Aim

Character personality: Laid back, respectable, speaks mostly with his sniper rifle

Andimion
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Forum name: Andimion
Character name: "Andimion" Real name classified

Armor ability:
Code Name "Ghost"
-Invisible to Radar
-Ever lasting Active Camo
Combined with a natural stealth, and dead silence. Its like he's not even there.

Personality: Mostly social, friendly and caring for his allies. In rare occasions becomes entirely quiet, like he's not even there. Uncorrupt and high sense of moral. A ladies man and can be very arrogant at times.

Has a tendency to black out in battle scenarios and have a boost in battle ability.

Has an affair with his sniper rifle. Wont leave the barracks with out her..

Also, having the ability he has with stealth. He is equiped with a 7 inch combat knife for the silent kill. He a back up 5 inch blade attached to his TACSOFTCASE on his back waist.

EriRi 1138
04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Forum name: EriRi 1138
Story Name: Eric Richter
Suit Ability: telekinesis. Can control the movement of matter, including people, inanimate objects, earth, buildings (to a degree) etc. All matter. That also means if I wanted to I could fire my unassembled sniper rifle at you from behind a wall and nail you in the forehead. ;)
Under imense pressure I can do more epic things etc
Personality: patient, cool headed, respectful, loyal to friends, a good soldier and in Loco's squad ;)

LocoCrazy
04-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Forum Name: Loco-Ma' fuckin-Crazy

Character Name: Col. Shevchenko

Armor Abilitaahh: Strength enhancement.

Character personality: Wearing the EOD helm complete with GUNGNIR shoulder armour, Multi-Threat chest armour and 12 gauge shell’s on both wrists. He prides himself on his near perfect close quarter’s skills both with a weapon and without. He is menacingly calm but is quick to anger and will do anything within his power to get what he wants to please his emperor and his nation. Sev is known to talk BLUE soldiers into joining the Royal Empire using propaganda and facts. Overall he is a committed soldier and would rather take his own life then be captured by the Brotherhood scum.

signature moves : choke slam & curb stomp
Signature weapon: Titanium grapple Spear (Think of Scorpions' Spear from Mortal Kombat "Get over here!")

ThatRussianBear
04-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Forum Name ThatRussianBear

Character Name Allan Harrison

Ability you want your character's armor to have. Invisibility

Character personality Smart but funny and fools around somewhat

ChillSquishster
04-26-2011, 12:24 AM
BLUE Character

Forum Name: ChillSquishster

Character Name: Victor

Ability: Invisible to radar, increase to senses and reflexes. Major increase in leg muscles and endurance allowing him to sprint for longer distances.

Character: Victor doesnt socialize much within the army, he has a few close friends he trusts and talks to but not much. To him you have to earn his trust first before you can become his friend. He prefers close quarters fighting more than anything else. Keeps his shotgun and security knife on his shoulder for any circumstance but does just as well with his fist. But as brutal as he can be he can also be stealthy. Enjoys sneaking around the flanks of the battlefield to take out enemy snipers when they think they are safe.

Hazy
04-26-2011, 12:40 AM
Forum Name: XxpiercexX

Character Name: He's called Sam by his colleagues, but no one really knows his real name. No one really knows why he keeps his name a secret, either.

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Neurotoxin-saturated bullets. Contains severe hallucinogens that can last in the bloodstream for weeks, and are injected straight into enemy bloodstreams with each shot he makes.

Character personality: Extremely warm-hearted, but only to his allies. Despite his honest and open nature he still manages to put out a mysterious air to him. He has a habit of switching between his alter ego, which can be extremely cold and calculated at points, when he enters battles. With either personality, he still loves to play with his opponent's heads, which shows in his suit ability. When given the opportunity, he's been known to drag on his battles as to only let the neurotoxins seep in more, just so he can laugh at them attempting to decipher whether the gun in their hand is a man-eating-snake or not.

NOTE: Of course I'm going to be in the BLUE perspective, but I'm going to end up forgetting that this story is here later, so I might as well post it now while I remember that this place exists.

XXXEDITXXX: If it's possible, keep the age at 15 in the story. Thought it might be interesting to have a little (for those that watch Bleach) Captain Hitsugaya thing going on with one of the Blue squads.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I'm going to have to explain all of your abilities in my universe. Most of them, if not all, are derived from your armor.

Andimion, I approve your character. Your character's armor is powered by a Forerunner artifact. This artifact is the original one that the Covenant used to create their own active camo technology. However, the Forerunners had a perfected version, the Covenant did not. The artifact has its own power supply, which your suit taps into. It can stay in active camouflage for an indefinite amount of time, and will disguise all of your heat and energy signatures. Your suit also comes equipped with pulse-sound dampeners. These dampeners use small pulses to disrupt any sound the suit makes, whether by contact or interaction. These pulses also cause all motion detectors to go haywire, as it interferes with their detection tools. Motion detectors will show several targets at once. The technology is not perfect however, and has been known to give massive energy signatures at random. A risk the Empire is willing to take.

Eri, I approve your character. Here is how his ability is explained. Using the Forerunner tech that uses energy to manipulate objects, Eri's armor is powered by an artifact found in the Ark's Library before it was destroyed in the Human-Covenant war. While this allows him to manipulate objects with his armor, it does cause a massive energy spike. Any orbital ship will pick up and detect such energy use. Motion detectors, however, can actually break if too near when Eric uses his armor's energy reserves. The larger an object, the shorter the amount of time Eric can sustain the manipulation. Most of the time, he can only move objects for less than a minute, and even less when moving massive objects. He may receive a major upgrade in the story however. You'll just have to read.

Aftershock, I've approved your character. Your character has had full integration of his nervous system with his armor's AI. Half of his brain has been dedicated to housing the AI's greater functions. As a result, the two have a symbiotic relationship, each coordinating flawlessly with each other. When Jeff identifies a target, his AI will automatically do all calculations required for a successful shot. The AI then has full control of Jeff's arms and hands and whatever else is required for the shot, and fires. The transition between Jeff and the AI is without delay, and usually instantaneous, with Jeff not being consciously aware of the change. However, this sort of integration has led to him being unable to leave his armor, a small sacrifice he's willing to accept, for near 100 percent accuracy and reflexes beyond that of any REDD Spartan.

Loco, your character is approved. Your armor is powered by a Forerunner energy source, and made of material far more dense than the other Spartans. Due to the massive energy that the artifact affords, your armor can push itself beyond the limits of ordinary MJOLNIR armor. However, it comes at a cost. The endurance required to perform such powerful feats is high, and the use of the armor's energy supply is draining to the wearer. Therefore, you can only use your overdrive in a short amount of time, and must require a good amount of rest afterward. The strain on your body is quadruple that of ordinary combat conditions. When using your armor's ability, your energy expulsion will spike and most orbital scanners will be able to detect it if it is prolonged. However, your character's armor will also provide a powerful resistance to most weapons. Your energy shielding is lifted when using the armor's full power supply, as there is not technology available to have the shields maintain shape under such extremes. Perhaps something that can be obtained during the progression of the story?

ChillSquisher: Your character is approved. Your armor is unique. The UNSC has discovered some of the makeup of Forerunner combat skins. Your visor is made up of the material found in a Forerunner combat skin, which allows sharper resolution, and much more powerful visual scans. Your eyesight in your armor is unparalleled. Along with that, the inner layer of your armor is fitted with a powerful nano-bot suit, which increases your armor's response to threats. Your armor is made up of detection-resistant material. This causes your armor's resistance to weaponry to be less, but it allows your to be undetected by enemy scanning, and does not rely on experimental power sources.

Russian: I don't appove your character simply because everyone wants their character to have invisibility. Chill's is the last character I make who has armor that emphasizes stealth. I encourage you to figure something else out that would be really cool. I like the idea of an armor that can manipulate electricity, so he could cause other people's armors to go haywire.

LocoCrazy
04-26-2011, 02:12 AM
Agreed. lets hop off of the Invisibility dick and suck something GUUUD!

Andimion
04-26-2011, 02:13 AM
I like your additions. I cant wait for you to start writing the story..

d3ad1te
04-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Forum Name: d3ad1te

Character Name: Deckard, friends call him Deck.

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Increased agility and speed, can manipulate his shields(protecting whatever side of his body he wants), but he wears light armor.

Character personality: Sarcastic yet deeply believes in honor on the battlefield. Proficient with all weapons but favors the DMR.

ThatRussianBear
04-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Ok just change my abillity to the eletric thing you said please :D
Can't wait for full story

Mi Boys Dinner
04-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Forum Name: The last Dinnerian

Character Name: Steel Justice

Ability you want your character's armor to have: A Dinnerian power that allows the user to create a mini nuke without causing the wearer any damage or aftereffects

Character personality: A racist attitude, he seems to have a problem with anyone who clashes against his personality. Usually a silent person, but when he talks, it's either about something serious, a slight joke, or about being personally offended. He regrets hurting someone he once cared about, and is secretly afraid to get close to another person. His signature weapon is a M1911, which is fueled by Dinnerian powers passed from generation to generation.

Fyi, Dinnerian is a royal blood line that predates Forerunners. Some Dinnerians have been known to possess certain powers......

inb4 character is hated upon.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Deadite, your character is approved. Your armor is made up of ultralight Forerunner metal found in the armor shells of the monitors. Your armor features an AI that is Foreunner in origin. Found in the ruins of Danta, on Reach, your AI has modified your suit your character's personality. Your character's speed is unmatched by any, except perhaps that of Loco's character when he activates the overdrive function of his armor. Your armor, however, has not physical drawbacks. You can keep your speed up for as long as you want, given that you have the stamina to maintain it. Your character's reflexes are vastly improved. The AI in your armor has increased the yield of your shielding technology, and can manipulate your armor's shielding based on your command. While you do not have a full AI-Body fusion like Aftershock's character, your character and his AI work as partners. Your character is part of the main squad.

Delta Squad:

Eri
Loco
Andimion
Aftershock

Omega Squad:
Yehsus
Hellspawn
Munkey
Deadite

(As a side note, I've also added that Chill's armor allows him near limit-less endurance. This means he can run, at full combat stress, with a full combat load, almost indefinitely. His armor also afford other bonuses, that the story will reveal. Hellspawns armor ability is based on an experimental augmentation technique that Forerunners apparently used. It has animalistic side-effects, yet undoubtedly effective. He loses control during these times, but can definitely punch a hole through an enemy line.)

Those are the two squads that will be on REDD.

As for the BLUE

Big Bad Guy: Steel Justice

His character is the scariest one of all. He has a device used to power whole Installations, which he can harness to create considerably powerful nuclear explosions. It converts matter to super-dense material, and then causes it to reach critical mass. However, he cannot move while using this power, and it does come at a great cost of his own sanity and stamina. Over time, his sanity has slowly been eroded by the use of this power. He is the butcher of many worlds, having great strategic genius, and no qualms about massacre.

Leader of the Blue Spartans: Sam

While I couldn't justify having him at 15, I can justify his armor's power. His armor is outfitted with an array of combat disruption. He can disrupt enemy HUD's, and has wrist-mounted grenade launchers. These grenades are outfitted with smoke emitters, and an atmospheric agent that can cause massive hallucinations, fever, and eventually... cardiac arrest. The grenades are outfitted with an energy disruptor, made from Forerunner energy manipulation techniques. His armor is designed to manipulate opponents, causing them to see things that are not there, to hide behind smoke, to be undetectable. He has no strength enhancement, but he's formidable in close quarters. All his blades and bullets are outfitted with the same neurotoxin. He is known as the Deceiver in the ranks.

BLUE BRAVO SQUAD:

Russian
Chill

So I still need two BLUE characters. I could make them up, and I just might do that. However, keep submitting characters and I'll find a plotline for them.

Also, be aware that the REDD soldiers, as powerful as they seem, are going to start off completely outmatched by the BLUE. This is because in the story, BLUE has many more Spartans, and much more control of Reach. The REDD squad is a secret kept from them, but that doesn't mean it won't be a long road ahead of them. The BLUE will almost always be a step ahead, an upgrade beyond, and much more numerous than the REDD. Yet, it is in the greatest fires that the best heroes are tested.

Nocte
04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Forum Name: EOD EAGLE

Character Name: Major Alex "Eagle" Mers

Ability: Alex's armor is the Spartan III SPI Variant with major upgrades. One upgrade is a self rapid healing organism that is infused within the armor plates. The organism replaces any AI that can be used in the suit, because the organism builds a relationship with the wearer of the suit of armor. The armor itself keeps the weakened SPI shielding system. Because the organism is self-intelligent it has an ability to camouflage itself by turning the armor specific colors based on it's surrounding. (Camouflage system is user activated, and only works in woodland environments)

How the Organism works: Anything hits the armor the organism rapidly repairs itself. With the organism being infused with the armor, it means that the armor itself gets repaired. Of course the organism can only take so much damage before it fully breaks down and the armor becomes useless until the organism can repair all of the wounds. It works much like a shielding system, accept with a relationship with the organism it is more willing to take more damage before it gives.

The organism can also harden making the armor impenetrable for a short period of time, but afterwards the organism has to rejuvenate meaning the armor is weakened. The organism can also lower it's temperature making the wearer invisible to thermal detectors. The suit is still in it's beginning stages so long-term problems are not known.

Character personality: After Alex lost his entire Company of ODST's he began the strong silent type. Only talking when necessary, or to his suit. He claims that the suit is the last remnant of his Company because he had his armor since he was given his Company. He served as a tactical sniper. He was given the nickname "Eagle" by his Company because on a sniping mission he covered his entire Company's mission in the back of a Pelican with his custom SRS 99. His weapons of choice are his rifle and his MA5K. He has never talked of his past before being the Commanding Officer or his Company.

While Sniping is his profession, he is more well known for being in the trenches with his men. He also uses throwing knives, three of which are on his left shoulder as well as a short sword strapped to his back. His side arm is a M6C/SOCOM. He is a fearless leader, but always fought side by side with him men.

Back Story on the Company: Major Mers had been sent on a near suicide mission to assault a major Brotherhood forward bases on one of the Arcadian moons. They planted the charges and as they we were leaving the Company had been split by BLUE forces. Mers's second in Command, Captain Huges pulled the rest of the Company to their rally point with Mers only having a squad with him they were readying the hanger to use the BLUE Pelicans to escape the moon. Captain Huges unknowing led the entire company into a trap. The BLUE's had planted charges in the room that Huges and the rest of the Company went into. Mers and the last squad were pinned in the hanger and his soldiers gave their lives so he could get off of the moon. He made a promise to his men to leave and get revenge on them. He took the Pelican out and blew the entire base. He still carries the dog tags of the last squad of his Company on him at all times.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Forum Name: Bodaciousbaconn

Character Name: Lance Corporal Jacob "Bacon" Hogg

Armor Ability: God this is harder than it seems. I've been staring at my computer screen for like 30 minutes...

Jacob's armor has a small needle in the back of his neck armor. At any given moment, Jacob can activate it to plunge the needle into his neck and release a nuro-toxin into his bloodstream. The effects of this newly developed nuro-toxin are still....underinvestigate d. The toxin causes extreme moments of clarity and adrenaline. (Think driving a 2011 Camaro with 850 Horsepower 150 miles per hour down a deserted Arizona highway with no-one in sight for 500 miles.)

Character Personality: Ever since Jacob was in the Basic on his home planet of Earth, people have made fun of his last name Hogg. Until one fateful day when he met a Staff Sergeant in who came up with the genius nickname of "Bacon". Jacob has embraced his last name ever since.

In Jacob's Spartan training group, He had 3 instructors. 2 were both ex-Professional American Football players. One was a descendent of a Shaolin Monk, meaning he was one of the most Peaceful people you would ever meet, unless he was required to or forced to fight. Jacob was by far the favorite of this Instructor and was taught the ways of relaxation and meditation. One of Jacob's group major rewards was to be able to pick teams and play the game that is American Football.

Jacob stands at 6'5" and is, basically, built like a Semi-Truck. And that was before the physical augmentation. Despite his physical apperance, Jacob is one of the most peaceful people you would ever meet. Unless you happened to be in combat and on the opposing side. He is constantly listening to Stellar 6, a desendant of 1990's rap, or Lunit 3, a desendent of Rock n' Roll.

Jacob's signature weapon is his trusty MA5B ICWS and he thinks his best advantage is 60 rounds in one clip. Oh, and Jacob carries a sword. Not that ceremonial shit that the Marines of Old used, Jacob carried a fucking Claymore made of indestructable medal that can cut through the strongest substances.

On a special combat mission which consisted of Jacob and his peaceful instructor, they were instructed to infiltrate a enemy ship and blow it to smitherens. His instructor's suit was punctured and was not able to leave the artificial gravity of the ship. He handed Jacob his dogtags and stayed behind to sacrifice himself for the mission. This still haunts Jacob to this very day.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 02:03 PM
EOD, idk if I like the idea of an organic being infused with the armor, and granting you all of those abilities. While I give you points for creativity, do you mind bringing it closer to home and adding a Forerunner element to it. If you don't want to, I can certainly do so. :)

Can't wait for you to finish bacon.

LocoCrazy
04-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Armor Ability: (Will finish in just a second. Have to go finish my garden planting. Yeah. I'm badass)

Only a man could admit that.

Nocte
04-26-2011, 02:09 PM
EOD, idk if I like the idea of an organic being infused with the armor, and granting you all of those abilities. While I give you points for creativity, do you mind bringing it closer to home and adding a Forerunner element to it. If you don't want to, I can certainly do so.

Fine instead of being organic have the suit, has an AI controlling the armor that is infused with Forerunner nano-bots that repair the armor when damaged. With no other abilities :'(

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I want all the suits of armor to be MJOLNIR-based, though modular. Would that suffice? SPI suits cannot use the shielding that MJOLNIR affords, along with the strength and speed and reflex enhancements too. That's one reason why I want MJOLNIR armor instead of SPI.

Nocte
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I want all the suits of armor to be MJOLNIR-based, though modular. Would that suffice? SPI suits cannot use the shielding that MJOLNIR affords, along with the strength and speed and reflex enhancements too. That's one reason why I want MJOLNIR armor instead of SPI.

First Bungie takes my SPI armor for Reach and now you!

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Well, at least I have my reasoning based in functionality, right?

Your character will be approved, but I might have to put him on a BLUE squad. Unless I have enough REDD guys to make ANOTHER REDD squad.

Andimion
04-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Get more Blue guys involved, because the way it looks right now.. Your story has a flaw.. Red SERIOUSLY out numbers Blue. Good Game.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Well, my story isn't including just you guys. I have my own characters to create you know, and we all know that BLUE is the one winning the war in at the beginning of the story. They have much more powerful armors initially, and are more numerous. The REDD's are going to have to do something drastic if they want to change the outcome of the war.

gato
04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Forum Name: Acer

Character Name: Ekaj Ttucro

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Super strength, duh.

Character personality: Born with one too many chromosomes, this lean-mean-fighting-machine is one of the nicest, slowest, people the armies ever seen.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Acer,I don't approve your character simply based on the fact that you want him to have Down Syndrome...

WTF!?

LocoCrazy
04-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I seriously doubt a little rebellion (without Jedi) could taken down an Empire. But I'll play your game Trebeck.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 03:06 PM
The idea is that it's more than just a rebellion. The BLUE has more Forerunner technology than the REDD. All of the Outer Colonies that were left after the Human-Covenant war seceded from the Empire. They conquered a good portion of the Inner Colonies, and that's why we landed on Reach. Reach is a bastion of Forerunner tech, and is related to the Halo network, which folks still haven't found since the Ark got blown up. I mean, the rebellion has a guy who is a mobile nuke-launcher, just to name one. But hey, that's the cool part of the story right? It's no fun without a struggle.

LocoCrazy
04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
mobile nuke-launcher you say? I kill 10 of those for breakfast.

RetRdidMunkie
04-26-2011, 04:03 PM

Btw guys, you don't have to use armor abilities that are in Reach. You can definitely get creative. Having the ability to emit an electromagnetic pulse, or to hack computers with your suit, or something cool like that. Or having a separate personality in your suit that takes over under times of great stress, that unlocks the hidden potential within the suit. There's tons of options. But yes, you could potentially have a suit that has the same power as someone else, within reason. The Forerunner Tech can work miracles, and this is definitely going to be more than just your regular FC Piece, I want an original twist on it.

Oh, welll in that case, can I release a thick smoke from my armor that blinds and chokes the enemy?

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah Munkey, I'll say your armor can create thick white smoke/fog. However, it doesn't choke people. It wouldn't make sense with the MJOLNIR air-tight suits.

And Loco... Yep, you do. Your character doesn't though. :'(

Nocte
04-26-2011, 04:30 PM
I shit nukes. You can add that too ^.^

d3ad1te
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
The idea is that it's more than just a rebellion. The BLUE has more Forerunner technology than the REDD. All of the Outer Colonies that were left after the Human-Covenant war seceded from the Empire. They conquered a good portion of the Inner Colonies, and that's why we landed on Reach. Reach is a bastion of Forerunner tech, and is related to the Halo network, which folks still haven't found since the Ark got blown up. I mean, the rebellion has a guy who is a mobile nuke-launcher, just to name one. But hey, that's the cool part of the story right? It's no fun without a struggle.

Especially since REDD and BLUE have technically been fighting since our Halo 3 Wars. I think REDD needs more of a backstory because an Emperor taking control after the UNSC is pretty far-fetched.

Could be like a highly demoralized UNSC devastation from the Humie/Covie war seek a new leader, A new leader makes many promises(like most dictators) and then assumes control... So the UNSC split was not a sudden event but a drawn out one.

LocoCrazy
04-26-2011, 05:21 PM
that was the back-story I had in mind when i "invented" the emperor idea.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Especially since REDD and BLUE have technically been fighting since our Halo 3 Wars. I think REDD needs more of a backstory because an Emperor taking control after the UNSC is pretty far-fetched.

Could be like a highly demoralized UNSC devastation from the Humie/Covie war seek a new leader, A new leader makes many promises(like most dictators) and then assumes control... So the UNSC split was not a sudden event but a drawn out one.

That's the general idea. After the war, the UNSC began to rebuild. However, it focused on the Inner Colonies first, and hardly any funding went to the Outer Colonies. What was left of them left the UNSC. When the rebellion emerged with military strength, seeking to claim the riches of the Inner Colonies, one man rose up in the UNSC, claiming to be able to organize the battered military the UNSC had, and to fight back against the rebels. He was given great powers, and with those powers he disbanded the entire legislative body. He turned the UNSC into an even bigger war machine than it was before, and with that war machine he forged the Empire. Yet, the rebellion was still winning. Whenever they would conquer a new planet, the would pillage and burn it, like the Covenant. Their leader was a shrewd man with tactical prowess unmatched. The technology the rebellion was using was greater than that of the Empire, and the Empire could not figure out how the rebellion had amassed such a military. That is a mystery to this day. However, it matters very little, as the war rages on. The Empire has determined that Forerunner technology may be the only way to gain an edge against the rebellion, now unified under the BLUE moniker. The arms race continues.

(Btw, I'm posting the first installment tonight. Look for the title: Forerunner Conflict: The Ruins of Reach

Mi Boys Dinner
04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
the rebellion has a guy who is a mobile nuke-launcher, just to name one.

Dinnerian powers activate!

You guys should have known that Dinner was going to use a bomb-like attack. *cough cough* Dinner Bombs *cough cough*

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Dinnerian powers activate!

You guys should have known that Dinner was going to use a bomb-like attack. *cough cough* Dinner Bombs *cough cough*

Well, I'm still iffy about the Dinnerian thing. I might use it, I might not, but it won't make a major plot appearance til a good bit of the story has passed.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I JUST FINISHED MY ENTRY GUIS!!!

Kuhblam
04-26-2011, 08:34 PM
I need to update my own story... lol.

~Kuhblam

Maxdoggy
04-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I need to update my own story... lol.

~Kuhblam

This. Lol.

I wish you good luck, sir Angel. It'll be fun! :P

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Be watching tonight. The first installment is going to be up.

Fuzzy
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Forum Name: Fuzzy

Character Name: Sarge, Fuzz (His real name is Greg but since no one knows his last name and only a few among his squad knows his first name they refer to him as Sarge or Fuzz, he also finds it disrespectfully to do otherwise)

Ability you want your character's armor to have: When in battle enemy motion trackers Fuzzes up so that it is useless such as a radar jammer but worse, this ability gained him his nickname among his squad. Fuzz is a Rifleman; favoring Battle and Marksman rifles and short range snipers. Fuzzy also has the ability to emit static bolts throughout his weaponry so when ammunition is fired after impacting the enemy it will follow with a deadly zap that can kill the target and occasionally surrounding personal. Scientists believe that the static can be used in other ways but none have been found yet.

Character personality: Fuzz is a calm, serious and patient soldier. He is always caring about his squad sometimes putting himself in troubling positions for their safety. When in battle he is quite chatty, calling out enemy positions and strategies but off the battlefield he can be found alone stargazing possibly due to a bad past or memory noone knows.

Extra: Sergeant of his hand picked squad, specifying in stealth and quick engagement battles.

I like your plot it looks awsome so far, cant wait to see more. Good Luck! :D

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Good job on your character Fuzz. I'm going to say that your armor can convert the chemical makeup of the standard rounds used in human ballistic weaponry (Not plasma or needlers or spikers), and creates a metallic round that can store an electric charge. Super-effective against standard shielding, though it causes the range of the rounds to be lessened somewhat. However, that doesn't mean you can't simply use regular rounds. It does take some time to transform the ammo you use, however.

I won't be able to make a squad leader, as that has already been chosen for the BLUE guys. Doesn't mean your guy can't become a squad leader in the future ;)

VerbotenDonkey
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
EDIT: I see that Munkie has taken the idea for smoke, I was thinking today in class about having an armor ability that either creates some sort of weather impairment, such as smoke or a blinding light, or even funnier, and I know it isnt meant to be a humorous story but this gives you opportunity incase you want to be creative, its a randomizer armor ability that everytime he activates the Forerunner energy, it randomly creates a power.

Forum Name: VerbotenDonkey

Character Name: Lucius Black

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Either of the ideas mentioned above.

Character personality: Lucius maintains his focus on the field being a natural born leader and does not say anything that is unneccessary. Off the field, Lucius is mellow and kind to those he knows, albiet he keeps a bit to himself.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Verboten, I'm going to say that he has an artifact that can temporarily take on the properties of other Forerunner artifacts/devices. This only works on those who have Forerunner artifacts powering their armors. Using metal and whatever from Forerunners isn't actually an artifact, so it won't count.

At random, his artifact can actually take on the properties of those it has previously copied, so it could come in handy. You'll be part of a BLUE squad (Sorry, but your armor ability is very powerful, and the REDD's need a squad to match their own power.)

VerbotenDonkey
04-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Sweet, that is really awesome! So I'm like Omega from RvB then? Except with Armor Abilities.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Something like Omega, yes. However, using your power has severe drawbacks on your body, similar to the wear and tear that Loco's power does to his body.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-27-2011, 12:22 AM
Only a man could admit that.

No doubt loco. My garden is now beautiful.

But on a more serious note, I feel left out by WSxAngel for not posting something about my character:(

Mi Boys Dinner
04-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Well, I'm still iffy about the Dinnerian thing. I might use it, I might not, but it won't make a major plot appearance til a good bit of the story has passed.

Understood.

LocoCrazy
04-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Something like Omega, yes. However, using your power has severe drawbacks on your body, similar to the wear and tear that Loco's power does to his body.

Wear and tear baby. Thats how I got these guns *lifts sleeve up*.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Wear and tear baby. Thats how I got these guns *lifts sleeve up*.

*whispers to Donkey*

he actually got them from gardening...

ChillSquishster
04-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Just curious, did you post up the first part or not yet? cause you said you were going to last night and when I checked today I didn't see it

Hazy
04-27-2011, 10:56 AM
SUPER EXITED FACE TO SEE IT! DO IT NOWWWWW *Stomps feet in a sort of two year old tantrum*

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
I wasn't able to. I had to write a research paper, so that got priority of the story. I'm finishing it up today, so I hope to have the story up by tonight. Be looking for it.

If it doesn't go up tonight, I'll definitely have time for it tomorrow.

Hazy
04-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Stupid papers and their....paper-ness? Idk, but seriously teachers have really bad timing with reports.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I agree. Can't wait for the story. The only thing is I don't know if my character is approved....

LocoCrazy
04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Red, a word of advice from Loco, If you screw this up I'll cut your fuckin head off.

No pressure.

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Loco! That wasn't advice!!!

And I don't think I'll screw it up.

LocoCrazy
04-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Loco! That wasn't advice!!!

Exactly.

ChillSquishster
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Armor Ability: God this is harder than it seems. I've been staring at my computer screen for like 30 minutes...

Jacob's armor has a small needle in the back of his neck armor. At any given moment, Jacob can activate it to plunge the needle into his neck and release a nuro-toxin into his bloodstream. The effects of this newly developed nuro-toxin are still....underinvestigate d. The toxin causes extreme moments of clarity and adrenaline. (Think driving a 2011 Camaro with 850 Horsepower 150 miles per hour down a deserted Arizona highway with no-one in sight for 500 miles.)

Character Personality: Ever since Jacob was in the Basic on his home planet of Earth, people have made fun of his last name Hogg. Until one fateful day when he met a Staff Sergeant in who came up with the genius nickname of "Bacon". Jacob has embraced his last name ever since.

In Jacob's Spartan training group, He had 3 instructors. 2 were both ex-Professional American Football players. One was a descendent of a Shaolin Monk, meaning he was one of the most Peaceful people you would ever meet, unless he was required to or forced to fight. Jacob was by far the favorite of this Instructor and was taught the ways of relaxation and meditation. One of Jacob's group major rewards was to be able to pick teams and play the game that is American Football.

Jacob stands at 6'5" and is, basically, built like a Semi-Truck. And that was before the physical augmentation. Despite his physical apperance, Jacob is one of the most peaceful people you would ever meet. Unless you happened to be in combat and on the opposing side. He is constantly listening to Stellar 6, a desendant of 1990's rap, or Lunit 3, a desendent of Rock n' Roll.

Jacob's signature weapon is his trusty MA5B ICWS and he thinks his best advantage is 60 rounds in one clip. Oh, and Jacob carries a sword. Not that ceremonial shit that the Marines of Old used, Jacob carried a fucking Claymore made of indestructable medal that can cut through the strongest substances.

On a special combat mission which consisted of Jacob and his peaceful instructor, they were instructed to infiltrate a enemy ship and blow it to smitherens. His instructor's suit was punctured and was not able to leave the artificial gravity of the ship. He handed Jacob his dogtags and stayed behind to sacrifice himself for the mission. This still haunts Jacob to this very day.

This is bacon's character for I assume BLUE. just thought Id post this up cause he is wondering if you approved it yet or not

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Bacon, I really don't think I can approve a character who's armor is designed without a Forerunner device, and since I've already designed a suit of armor that emphasizes speed and reflexes, I can't quite justify having your armor do the exact same thing unless you can think of a good twist I can add to it.

(Just to clarify: While I've given some armor that doesn't have Forerunner stuff on it, it is rare, and I'm not likely to do it again.)

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2011, 08:29 PM
(Excuse the double-post)

But, I would still like to include your character based on his personality. Is there any power or ability you would like to have that could be Forerunner-based?

Fuzzy
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Looking forward to your first installment, this shall be good.

PhoenixPrime
04-27-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm finishing it up right now. It's focused entirely on Delta squad, but Omega will be picked up in the next one. And the BLUE squad will be the ones that Delta will eventually face off against. Most of the first installment is back story, some character development, and the first operation the Empire has against the Brotherhood on Reach.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Angel, personally, I think I should just let you go buck-wild with my characters armor ability. I really cannot for my life think of a solid armor ability, So if you want, you can pick and choose what you want it to be.

Lets see...... Telekinesis, used. Super Strength, used. Stealth, worn out to hell. Actually, If someone has not used it yet, Perhaps a Pulse Blast that repels enemies that are in close proximity to my character? That right there is like 30 minutes of straight thinking. Oh, Oh, Oh, Maybe having the ability to create a Half-Sentient Hologram? Maybe not a hologram, more of a temporary clone? Or maybe(to go way overboard) Enhanced Vision, like X-Ray for 25 meters?

Like I said, any of these are good if you think them to be, Angel. If not, My brain is dry of ideas:death:

P.S. I like the Pulse Blast:)

PhoenixPrime
04-28-2011, 01:01 AM
I like the pulse blast too. I'll say your armor has the ability to use pulse waves similar to that used on the gondolas on H2. It's powered by a a pulse-generator, though not particularly an artifact, so you'll have less random bursts of energy. The waves require a lot charging after they're used, so they can't be used all the time. It'll be cool to write with them though.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
Okay!!! I actually was able to think of something! :thumbs up: and I love your Intro

And, in case you didn't already know, My character is for BLUE.

Nicholas Sapien
04-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Forum Name: XxCptNICK94xX

Character Name: Nicholas Sapien or OVERLORD

Ability you want your character's armor to have: whatever you think fits for my personality

Character personality: High Ranking BLUE IE General? Its pretty much dead on serious and plans most Strategies for BLUE. Arrogant, Agressive, And loyal.

if you want me to change my personality just reply and I'll do it shortly

laser-lancer1
04-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Character name: Will Kinsey

Forum Name: laser-lancer1

Armor abilities: This character has energy blasters mounted on his palms, along with energy shields projected from the forearms. These equipments are powered by a forerunner energy generator, but may not be used at the same time. If used too long or vigorously the suit will need to recharge. Unfortunately, The massive amount of energy that is constantly flowing through the suit makes him visible to most scanners and sensors.

Personality:Arrogant/Cocky

Juggernaut9473
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
if you still need someone for blue ill throw me in there =P

Forum Name: Juggernaut9473

Character Name: "Juggernaut"

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Lockdown-When activated armor and shields become stronger, but at a reduced mobility

Character personality: He was a test subject from the empire, deemed a failure. He doesnt remember anything since the empire wiped his memory, only the grueling experiments. All he wants is to know what his life was like before he was taken by he REDD, and he wont let anything stop him, even if it costs him his life.

silversleek
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Forum Name: silversleek 01

Character Name: Damian willows

Ability you want your character's armor to have: Teleportation. (see restrictions)

AA Restrictions:
1.The forerunner tech that powers the teleportation must teleport to a specially designed pad, which can be set up at nearby bases.
2. Anyone in contact with me can also be teleported.
3. There's a massive energy spike as i teleport
4. The farther i teleport, and the more people i teleport, the more energy i use.
4A. average "safe" teleport distance is a maximum of ten miles.
5. Too much strain from a far, or big group teleport will shut my armor down.
5A. i can teleport two people (including myself) a maximum of 5 miles before armor damage/shutdown
5B. I can teleport three people, including myself, a maximum of 2 miles
5C. i can teleport four people, including myself, just over half a mile
5D. any group larger than 4 people, will require an additional power boost from an outside source, or must be very short range.

Character personality:light-hearted out of combat, serious even cocky in combat

role: scout, sniper, saboteur, assassin

preferably put me in a blue unit, i'm still a blue patriot, even if i fly the colour red.

PhoenixPrime
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Laser-Lancer and Silversleek's characters are approved.

Laser's character will have purple armor, and Silver's will have solid black armor.