PDA

View Full Version : PSN is fucked

RaZ Vader
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
For once being a PS3 User and supported their free network, I am glad I got out of there when I did. However, me and every other old PSN user still has credit card information.

I just got off the Phone with Sony Support, and they tell me that even they cannot get into their own network. These hackers got them by the balls. I am pretty scared that my Financial Information will be stolen. Thank You sony for doing a piss poor job protecting my financial information, I see a future of many lawsuits for you. If you do not know the severity on what is going on. Check these out.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2384366,00.asp

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/04/sony-admits-utter-psn-failure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2011/04/27/exp.mxp.playstation.hacke rs.hln.html

Nocte
04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I actually find it funny, because if this ever happens to Microsoft they would crush the hacker in a second and then fuck his life up. People who always told me PSN was so much better then XBL, can now kiss my Halo playing ass.

ChillSquishster
04-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Well the bad news about all this is now I can't play my PS3 online, which I only did when I wanted a break from xbox 360.
But, the good news is because of all this I just won $20. Had I bet with one of my friends a while ago and it was to see which of the two systems, xbox 360 or PS3, would eventually get hacked first. I said PS3 so now i win. :)

Nocte
04-27-2011, 12:45 PM
It doesn't even matter about the "money for protection" excuse that they make. Sony sells on a much wider market then Microsoft does. Sony has computers, TVs, Play Station, handhelds, cell phones, and sounds systems. Microsoft has an operating system, Xbox, and XBL.

Bodaciousbaconn
04-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't think its funny that RaZ may have his financial information stolen....

Nocte
04-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't think its funny that RaZ may have his financial information stolen....

Ya, but in the off shoot, and a lawsuit. He could make money.

Maxdoggy
04-27-2011, 01:08 PM
If you had looked on our homepage - fcwars.net/forums - you would have had all the details already via @GamerDirt. xD

However, my Dad has an account on PSN and his credit card info is probably stolen as well. This just sucks and that should have never happened.

Apparently you don't want to piss off the hacking and modding community. (0.o)

Sony = Failsauce

Nocte
04-27-2011, 01:19 PM
If you had looked on our homepage - fcwars.net/forums - you would have had all the details already via @GamerDirt. xD

However, my Dad has an account on PSN and his credit card info is probably stolen as well. This just sucks and that should have never happened.

Apparently you don't want to piss off the hacking and modding community. (0.o)

Sony = Failsauce

Well Sony doesn't actually market on any type of computer software. aka they don't know dick about what just happened to them, so all they can do is sit their with their heads up their ass and run around flailing their arms.

Andimion
04-27-2011, 01:42 PM
You don't know much about Microsoft do you Alex. Microsoft has there hand in ever kind of modern tech out there.

This is also THE biggest reason why xbox is better than ps3... you cant hack microsoft..

LocoCrazy
04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Sorry to break every bodies Microsoft fanboy bubble but they have been hacked on many occasions, they re just amazing at making you forget by shoving something else immeditly in your face. Hotmail have been hacked, their consoles have been hacked, their computers/hardware//software, and...oh wait thats all they have...

Anyways This hacker, Geohots, he did this to teach Sony a lesson pretty much saying "Look, this is possible and anybody skilled enough can do it. Give me a job at Sony so can show you guys how this words and make it preventable". I dont know the entire story but thats the base of it I believe.

zZ Dr K Zz
04-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Do you guys really feel safer paying for a $60 service?

Microsoft will be tough to hack, but it is not impossible. So calm down with the bullshit that "XBL is superior or Microsoft is unhackable."

There a lot of people out there that are in a really tough situation with their personal information being stolen as well as their credit card numbers. It's not really the time to brag about how the 360 will always be better then the PS3 or any other bullshit.

Carpe Vexillum
04-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Haven't see it yet though DK. I wouldn't put my 'card info' into a 'free service'. But hey I wish those people, especially if it includes one of FC's members best of luck.

Nocte
04-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I never said you can't hack Microsoft, that would be ignorant. How ever it won't be in a fuck over like it is for PSN, because as I said before Andi Microsoft sells products and for computers. They know their shit.

Andimion
04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I wasnt belittling the fact that there are some very unfortunet people out there right now. Not even close. I was just fondling with my faith in Microsoft on keeping my information safe. Not to mention I have my own personal security system set up to prevent anything of the sort from happening.

My heart goes out to those people with financial information that might be at risk. But hey, guess what. If your info is at risk, and someone fucks your shit up. The bright side is you can file a huge fucking lawsuit and rip the pants off them for emotional trauma as well as every dime they have. Why worry?

Mi Boys Dinner
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
So glad that I didn't set up an account yet.

Maxdoggy
04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Correction, Sony does make software.

Sony Vegas, anyone? Lol.

However, a class action lawsuit has already been filed.
Also, don't play MW2.
Check the Twitter feed for more info.

Spartanbh
04-27-2011, 06:41 PM
This is why Wii is the best online console. Who would honestly want to fuck with Nintendo? Nintendo has never done anything bad to anyone, ever. And there really isn't any hardcore competitiveness online to provoke it. Yeah, there may not be a lot of online games and nowhere near as fun or intense as the other big two systems, but it's still probably the safest, they got pretty much all of Japan (even more than Sony does) protecting their consoles.

Andimion
04-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Wii has that thing about them. While xbox and Ps battle it out in their console war. Wii sits there comfortably with their clients. They said so themselves. They have no interest in competing ( they also dont even need to. They created my fav fucking games ) with the console wars.

I respect Nintendo, they were making games while xbox and ps were in diapers. GG

XxClearSh0txX
04-27-2011, 07:08 PM
This is why Wii is the best online console. Who would honestly want to fuck with Nintendo? Nintendo has never done anything bad to anyone, ever. And there really isn't any hardcore competitiveness online to provoke it. Yeah, there may not be a lot of online games and nowhere near as fun or intense as the other big two systems, but it's still probably the safest, they got pretty much all of Japan (even more than Sony does) protecting their consoles.Wait. Stop the presses.

Wii has online?

Carpe Vexillum
04-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Yes but how many of those games where actually good out of all of them that they made, only a select few that people remember? And don't forget Nintendo's fuck ups ;3 like Virtual boy. I also don't believe that Nintendo should get credit for being on the market first, its like the dumbasses who post FIRSTT!!!! in every comment, it proves nothing. The point is Nintendo Wii cant be compared with the other two consoles, because they are not in for the same goal. They will never agree because they aren't meant to.

Andimion
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
You must be knew. Lol Clear, I play pokemon with kids in japan on my ds..is it so hard to believe wii is online?

Mi Boys Dinner
04-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Wait. Stop the presses.

Wii has online?

And don't forget Nintendo's fuck ups ;3 like Virtual boy.

Fuck you, Dinner has one of those.

You must be knew. Lol Clear, I play pokemon with kids in japan on my ds..is it so hard to believe wii is online?

Another pokemon player is among us. :3

http://trololololololololololo.c om/ <- Xbox players reaction to Playstation players.

HeavyArms
04-27-2011, 08:16 PM
This is why Wii is the best online console. Who would honestly want to fuck with Nintendo? Nintendo has never done anything bad to anyone, ever. And there really isn't any hardcore competitiveness online to provoke it. Yeah, there may not be a lot of online games and nowhere near as fun or intense as the other big two systems, but it's still probably the safest, they got pretty much all of Japan (even more than Sony does) protecting their consoles.

I love you.

Also you trash Nintendo for being first by comparing them to idiots who post first. Really? If it wasnt for Nintendo half of this shit we have in the gaming world now wouldnt be here. Golden Eye for the N64 was and still is one of the best FPS's I've ever played. I've never had a problem with Nintendo, unlike MS and PSN. I've never had a Nintendo system fail like the others have.

LocoCrazy
04-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Wait. Stop the presses.

Wii has online?

Win.

Mi Boys Dinner
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
You know you love it.

Kuhblam
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Sony can eat shit and die.

~Kuhblam

bazongaman502
04-27-2011, 09:04 PM
PS3

P: Piece
-of-
S: Shit
-version-

jk, anyways, its sad to see this shit happen... I hope Sony figures something out fast... Hope all PS3 users stay safe and this passes by fast and with no more problems....

360 Owner: "So a 360 seems pretty good right about now hu???"
PS3 Owner: "-.-"
360 Owner: "The 360 sales this month are going up... any say???"
PS3 Owner: "God of War"
360 Owner: "online play"
PS3 Owner: *purchases a 360*
360 Owner: "Purchasing an Xbox 360: $200, Purchasing Halo Reach: $40, telling a PS3 owner that they still dont have online access???: Priceless... for everything else theres Xbox Live"

HeavyArms
04-27-2011, 09:18 PM
You know you love it.

WIN1

ThatRussianBear
04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Don't worry, it's just 4 chan getting back at almost sony sueing the guy who hacked their ps3 to play homebrew

Ex Zen Mute
04-27-2011, 09:39 PM
There is a reason you have to pay MS for XBL...
>_>

Guess one of the reasons why?

VerbotenDonkey
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM

This just made my night xDDD Thank you Spartan.

Hazy
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Nintendo atm is like that one kid who sits in the backround and watches quietly while two bullies fistfight each other, laughing hysterically.

Hmmmmmm makes you think if that's what they had in mind all along? Like they're just waiting for xbox & ps3 to nuke each other out, and while all the gamers are left wondering what's next, they'll come along like:

"Well! If you guys want we can play some metroid multiplayer? Sound good?"

And we'll be like...

:D

HeavyArms
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
All I know is, I'll always have a nintendo.

Spartanbh
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
I still have my N64 and play it to this day, having Mario Kart 64 contests and Super Smash Bros. Anyhoo...this has gotten a little off topic...but still...Nintendo's Integrity > all other systems ever. Anyone that shit talks Nintendo doesn't deserve to own a game system.

LocoCrazy
04-28-2011, 12:10 AM
I never fully realized the amount of fanboyness in here.

Mi Boys Dinner
04-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Still have Batman, Zelda 2 (gold version), Wrestlemania, Mario/Duck Hunt, and Jeopardy (the 20th anniversary edition) on the NES.

Point is, that each console has something that makes it unique.

Xbox has the Halo franchise. (Probably more stuff, but that's the big one)
Playstation has Infamous, Killzone, and dlcs that are exclusive for Ps3.
Nintendo has Smash Brothers, Zelda, and most of the characters that we grew up with.

What I'm trying to say is that each console has strengths and weaknesses. It's not fair to compare each one and mock another console for just one thing.

HGinCT
04-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Nintendo is not in too fantastic shape, there sales are WAAAAAAY down from last year and the 3DS did not sell nearly as much as Nintendo originally planned. there' profits were down 66% from last year (close to a billion dollars) and the 3DS was expected to sell 4 million units (3.6 of those were actually sold).

Along with the PSN down, gaming is currently in a lot of trouble.

the annual fee for Xbox is there mostly for DLC support and for Microsoft to purchase the rights to exclusive DLC which in turn sells more DLC on XBL. Why do you think RBN (Rock Band Network) has 4 months ahead on the Xbox instead of the PS3 (part of it is due to XNA's user friendliness and allowing the community to contribute to the DLC count)

Al Capone111
04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Sony really needs to get on this. Otherwise people are going to follow the American dream and sue them.

I myself am worried about my info being taken.

But whoever is the mastermind behind the hacking, i have to give them credit for the task they have done. If anything, Sony should find this person(s) and hire them to work on their security. Because they obviously know something the boys at Sony dont.

Hazy
04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Dude that guy would have NO friends there if that were the case XD

Everyone would essentially hate him for almost making every single one of them lose their jobs XD

Vestige
04-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Well with the PSN, I told my friends who have it we pay for hack provention and updates..... look what happened.

Nocte
04-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I still have my N64 and play it to this day, having Mario Kart 64 contests and Super Smash Bros. Anyhoo...this has gotten a little off topic...but still...Nintendo's Integrity > all other systems ever. Anyone that shit talks Nintendo doesn't deserve to own a game system.

Facts are facts. We were all raised on a Nintendo System.

LocoCrazy
04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
not me. mine was Sega Genesis. Then N64

Mi Boys Dinner
04-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Dinner was raised on the double vision consoles.

Hazy
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Lawlz....I just remembered that I learned to read by playing a Sesame Street video game on the ps2.....

bazongaman502
05-01-2011, 05:38 AM
apparently the CEO of Sony held a press conference regarding the PSN being down:

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articl eId=281474979279350

Im not gonna go into detail, but apparently things are better then what was feard... and with benifits...

So overal, Sony's CEO said that they will slowly bring things back up and running in a slow state... first will be movies (such as netflix or whatever PSN uses), then online Chatting, and then Online multiplayer...

Sadly this can take longer, he did state though that the PSN will be back up and functioning... within this month (hey look a new month just began)... so you PS3 lovers might still be down for sometime :( (happy face if your a 360 person like me)...

Also they did say they believe the "Credit Card Info" was never breached, BUT you should check it everyonce in a while to be sure nothing goes wrong...

Although i personally hate PS3... scratch that... Sony in general (they have fucked me over soooooo many times), i do hope its faithful members are still safe in a physical/mentaly/finacial state...

More updates to come later :)

*check my signiture for a fun story between a PS3 fan and a 360 fan*

LocoCrazy
05-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Funny thing about your story. its 100% bias.

Loco, out.

Yehsus
05-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Loco is jelly

Nocte
05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Funny thing about your story. its 100% bias.

Loco, out.

Your argument is invalid, because your a PS3 fan.

MedeDust
05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Well they do make pretty good tvs I'll give them that

Mi Boys Dinner
05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Your argument is invalid, because your a PS3 fan.

Well with that logic, everyone's argument is invalid. :D

LocoCrazy
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Dinner wins logic.

Mi Boys Dinner
05-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Dinner wins logic.

*divides by zero*

OH SH--

XxClearSh0txX
05-03-2011, 06:15 PM
You must be knew. Lol Clear, I play pokemon with kids in japan on my ds..is it so hard to believe wii is online?I've had my Wii since it was released, and I had no idea it had online. I knew the DS did, but never Wii.

Wow. Just... Wow. I learned something new.

Does Smash Bros have online?

Maxdoggy
05-03-2011, 10:34 PM
OMGeezus yes Smash Bros has online. Lolfail, Clear. :P

Granted, it's ridiculously stupid to set up online on the Wii, but it is possible.

Mi Boys Dinner
05-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Oh God, SSBB is god awful to play online.

Unless I spam my tornado spin.

Carpe Vexillum
05-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Memknight Spin spam is teh win for all battles ;3