PDA

View Full Version : Montage Contest Voting

Carpe Vexillum
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Alright everybody the day you have been waiting for!

Remember the rules of fair voting, (this isn't a popularity contest) this contest was to test and see how well we each could make a montage in a month. Five days to cast your vote! =]

Deadite's Yehsus Montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPDR0S6mQMY

Carpe's Triple Double Montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjhcjKcp5LI

Fuzzy
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Good job, both of you!

bazongaman502
05-11-2011, 10:14 PM
its pretty close... Deadite has a cool intro, but Carpe had better clips.. kinda got tired of seeing an overkill :/

my vote goes to carpe

Juggernaut9473
05-11-2011, 10:24 PM
nice job Deadite and Carpe

Vestige
05-11-2011, 10:31 PM
love carpes iv seen dead's before vote goes to carpe and trip Gj both groups though! -btw whats the song u used carpe?-

Yehsus
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Obviously not going to vote since mine would be biased =)

Well done both Deadite and Carpe, you guys should make this an annual thing. Maybe next time get some more editors on this, I like the idea.

As for the comment above me...who gets tired of seeing overkills? I mean really....unless of course your averaging 4 a game, I can see the repetition getting to you.

Carpe Vexillum
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Having the same thing over and over is not ground for a good montage <3 thats what hes getting at.

bazongaman502
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Obviously not going to vote since mine would be biased =)

Well done both Deadite and Carpe, you guys should make this an annual thing. Maybe next time get some more editors on this, I like the idea.

As for the comment above me...who gets tired of seeing overkills? I mean really....unless of course your averaging 4 a game, I can see the repetition getting to you.

its not that, its just the fact that i like to see a variety of medals and kills not the same amount back to back to back... the kills were great, dont get me wrong, but i would of liked to see a variety of everything... and i dont average 4 kills a game, not even close to that

just look at my sig

Yehsus
05-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Fair enough, everyone's got their opinions. We'll just have a gentleman's disagreement.

OzzyIzSick
05-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Yehsus is just godly...

bazongaman502
05-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Fair enough, everyone's got their opinions. We'll just have a gentleman's disagreement.

deal, *gives a friendly nodd and walks away*

LocoCrazy
05-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I got a boner for Yehsus.

Yehsus asked me to comment ...so I did.

Yehsus
05-11-2011, 11:27 PM
I got a boner for Yehsus.

Yehsus asked me to comment ...so I did.

Bonerific. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63DcavvQ6c

HeavyArms
05-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Yehsus go pro already. God. :P

HH PeRKaLaToR
05-12-2011, 12:06 AM
=">=D pretty beast montages nice editing guys!!! :clap:

Triple Double
05-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I like's Carpe's editing job, effects and transitions along with the music. I felt that the music went well with the gameplay. I voted based off who I thought did a better montage, not on the gameplay. The poll is for who can make better montage, not better gameplay, least the way I read it. I like Carpe's better. Nothing against Deadlite. I like his as well, I like all montages :D, but that's just IMO.

MedeDust
05-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Clips are blehhhh. just saying

Carpe Vexillum
05-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Seniority triumphs again.

Triple Double
05-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Clips are blehhhh. just saying

Thank you so much Mede. Geeze. Let's see your stuff :D Considering this was on short notice for me (I had 2 weeks to get him clips while having to work 6 days a week) I think I did a decent job getting him something to work with.

Buoy O Buoy
05-13-2011, 11:05 PM
haha trip dub is beast with no-scopes, yehsus is beast with ninja assassinations... I don't know if you guys are in the same squad... but you should be... you would dominate

Twitch
05-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Lol still waiting on mine :)

Triple Double
05-13-2011, 11:32 PM
@Beatbox we want to know what you thought about these though. Smh lol

@Buoy o Buoy Thx :D we're currently in different armies.

Twitch
05-13-2011, 11:33 PM
They were both alright...I think they could have been better given they were given only like what was it a month...I think if they had alittle longer and planned it out more they would have done better...But they did more than what i could have done so...Yea they were good

Carpe Vexillum
05-14-2011, 12:08 AM
They were both alright...I think they could have been better given they were given only like what was it a month...I think if they had alittle longer and planned it out more they would have done better...But they did more than what i could have done so...Yea they were good

Your gonna get nothing with that attitude <3 ;3

Twitch
05-14-2011, 12:11 AM
<3 I love you Carpe

Carpe Vexillum
05-14-2011, 12:12 AM
<3 I love you Carpe

thats more like it <3 lul jk I want to get my new comp before I try yours because I want to to actually be something worth while.

Twitch
05-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Take your time man...I won't be back on till probably when school starts back up :/

Maxdoggy
05-14-2011, 11:12 AM
The only thing I can say that was bad about both of these videos was no HD (which is understandable to an extent).

Both were greatly edited and shot. Seriously.
It was a tough choice to make. Lol. (Why can't I vote for both?! lmao)

Yehsus
05-14-2011, 07:31 PM
The only thing I can say that was bad about both of these videos was no HD (which is understandable to an extent).

Both were greatly edited and shot. Seriously.
It was a tough choice to make. Lol. (Why can't I vote for both?! lmao)

No balls. Pick a side, and grow a backbone!

Vestige
05-14-2011, 08:31 PM
o.O haha okay I have great clips a song and no editor to make my montage winner should help me xD

Carpe Vexillum
05-14-2011, 11:29 PM
@ Yehsus Or spend time researching what makes a good montage and make an educated decision on your tastes and what you found.

@ Ninja No one likes you though. lol jk, well regardless if I win or lose I will help you, because well, I know my shit just as well if not more than anyone in this place (I'm lazy though, I threw this piece of crap together in 12 hours, it'll help having you do work and me yelling at you to get shit done, because i tend not to listen to myself) ;3

Yehsus
05-14-2011, 11:39 PM
**sigh**

Could you be any lamer Carpe?

Carpe Vexillum
05-14-2011, 11:44 PM
**sigh**

Could you be any lamer Carpe?

Yes actually.

If you want to vote fairly thats the way. Not popularity/seniority/butt buddy 'lameness'.

Triple Double
05-15-2011, 12:00 AM
Ouch. Piece of crap!?

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Ouch. Piece of crap!?

The video not your clips, don't get butt hurt xD <3

Triple Double
05-15-2011, 01:31 AM
I can't help it :( lol. I want you to show me what programs etc you use to edit sometime if possible. I would like to learn how to make my own.

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 01:43 AM
I can't help it :( lol. I want you to show me what programs etc you use to edit sometime if possible. I would like to learn how to make my own.

if you've got 1000 bucks to drop on programs sure =]

d3ad1te
05-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Pssh who pays for editing programs.

Adobe Creative Suite CS4 is what I use to use.(I actually paid for this program) reformatted my laptop so now I got nothing. Luckily my buddy is giving me CS5 but I have to get a desktop if I want to do any serious editing. Can't do shit with a laptop, Ae/Pr crashes all the time. The only program that works well is photo-shop cs4 so I picked up digital art.

I started editing using windows movie maker, then pinnacle, CS3, CS4, and now CS5.5. Just work your way up through the programs Triple Double(You can find anything FREE online, just gotta know where to look). Also online tutorials are very helpful when you get into more advanced programs like After Effects. When watching TV and movies pay attention to what type of shots and cuts are used. You can teach yourself cinematography and editing quite easily these days.(lookup rule of thirds and shot composition) Most don't like to give away their secrets in the film industry, so just pay extra attention to detail.

Get an editing program, and just keep editing. I've created probably hundreds of machinimas that I never released, just trying out different effects and shots. A lot of people get discouraged when they first start creating machinima's (or anything video for that matter) because of the harsh criticism. Thats hard to avoid on the internet so I would advise keeping your very first videos to yourself or at-least prepare yourself(because somebody will completely tear apart your "work of art")

Check out thedigitalset.com (http://thedigitalset.com/) or use firelight studios to get advice or help.

Yehsus
05-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Yes actually.

If you want to vote fairly thats the way. Not popularity/seniority/butt buddy 'lameness'.

The irony in that statement is ridiculous. The fact that you didn't seem to realize it as you typed it out is straight hilarious. I'm starting to think you might just be the biggest tool in FC (I know, it's not me anymore!) due to the fact you can't seem to handle the slightest bit of criticism or people messing with you. It's amusing. I hope you stick around with FC alot longer, because you just became my verbal biatch.

Congratulations! Now go get butt hurt after reading this quasi-offensive rant.

Triple Double
05-15-2011, 04:16 PM
Thx d3ad1te :)

C'mon guys.

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 04:46 PM
The irony in that statement is ridiculous. The fact that you didn't seem to realize it as you typed it out is straight hilarious. I'm starting to think you might just be the biggest tool in FC (I know, it's not me anymore!) due to the fact you can't seem to handle the slightest bit of criticism or people messing with you. It's amusing. I hope you stick around with FC alot longer, because you just became my verbal biatch.

Congratulations! Now go get butt hurt after reading this quasi-offensive rant.

Oh my did I make you mad? Keep messing with me. I've bent over backwards for this community with what I do and all I get is being looked down on and people like you, I don't mind being criticized as long as its constructive and no I do not like being messed with thats just who I am so get off my dick. I would appreciate if this disrespectful irritation would be dealt with properly before he continues his little temper tantrum. I've never had the feeling of needing to defend myself from low grade critics before this site. At least not for every idea and thread I post. Its getting on my nerves, I'm starting to think there are no decent level headed people in this place. (besides the obvious few)

The simple fact that you posted what you did shows irresponsibility and incompetence.

Grow up.

Vestige
05-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I could easily make my own but it wouldnt be the greatest xD

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 04:52 PM
I could easily make my own but it wouldnt be the greatest xD
You'd do great! Everyone starts off bad, but you just need practice =]

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Pssh who pays for editing programs.

Adobe Creative Suite CS4 is what I use to use.(I actually paid for this program) reformatted my laptop so now I got nothing. Luckily my buddy is giving me CS5 but I have to get a desktop if I want to do any serious editing. Can't do shit with a laptop, Ae/Pr crashes all the time. The only program that works well is photo-shop cs4 so I picked up digital art.

I started editing using windows movie maker, then pinnacle, CS3, CS4, and now CS5.5. Just work your way up through the programs Triple Double(You can find anything FREE online, just gotta know where to look). Also online tutorials are very helpful when you get into more advanced programs like After Effects. When watching TV and movies pay attention to what type of shots and cuts are used. You can teach yourself cinematography and editing quite easily these days.(lookup rule of thirds and shot composition) Most don't like to give away their secrets in the film industry, so just pay extra attention to detail.

Get an editing program, and just keep editing. I've created probably hundreds of machinimas that I never released, just trying out different effects and shots. A lot of people get discouraged when they first start creating machinima's (or anything video for that matter) because of the harsh criticism. Thats hard to avoid on the internet so I would advise keeping your very first videos to yourself or at-least prepare yourself(because somebody will completely tear apart your "work of art")

Check out thedigitalset.com (http://thedigitalset.com/) or use firelight studios to get advice or help.

<--- This is epically spot on =}

Vestige
05-15-2011, 07:13 PM
meh trust me i suck at making videos D:

d3ad1te
05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Ahahah did Yehsus get banned for that post? If so that is the most ridiculous ban I have ever seen.

EDIT:
Yep it is... Pretty pathetic to ban somebody for that ONE post which was MILDLY offensive. Jesus Christo if you guys were this strict in boot-camps and with your armies these wars wouldn't be so fucked up.

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Ahahah did Yehsus get banned for that post? If so that is the most ridiculous ban I have ever seen.

EDIT:
Yep it is... Pretty pathetic to ban somebody for that ONE post which was MILDLY offensive. Jesus Christo if you guys were this strict in boot-camps and with your armies these wars wouldn't be so fucked up.

Haha, well after the site was just down for respect you'd think lashing out at someone for saying something logical would be down on the list.

And I found it very offensive, there wasn't vulgarity but reading between the lines, it was not very cool =p

II Recanz II
05-15-2011, 08:00 PM

I have no idea what you people are bickering about, and i really could care less, but THIS IS THE POST OF THE FUCKING CENTURY!

That is all. :)

d3ad1te
05-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Nothing but the truth.

Carpe Vexillum
05-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Nothing but the truth.

Reminds me of that crappy movie made a couple years ago lol =p

d3ad1te
05-16-2011, 12:36 AM
You can't handle the truth!

Kuhblam
05-16-2011, 06:39 PM
You know, I was walking down the street when I passed a few good men the other day.

~Kuhblam

zZ Dr K Zz
05-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Just watched these, both were good, but not without their faults.

Deadite's Montage:

It had a smooth intro that showed who was in the montage and it fitted well with the music. The rest of the motage was good, the clips were fine, I honestly don't care what type of clips are in a montage. Although, those annoying "ninja assassinations" or whatever they're called shouldn't be in there. I never saw why someone thought they were amazing enough to be put into a montage as they're equivalent in "awesomeness" to getting an overkill with three guests standing still.

I did enjoy the color of this montage, the colors in the game seemed more vibrant and much more relaxing on the eyes. It was mainly blurry, but I think that was because of the quality of the video and not entirely on blur added in.

Music was a nice choice as well.

Carpe's Montage:

Not a smooth intro as deadites, but it was simple. I do believe that the intro should build up with the song or music that you choose to use such as how a song builds up and then gets into it. The clips were good as well, but same as above, those "ninja" kills are annoying to see almost as much when someone melee's the air after sticking someone across map.

I hated watching this montage, it was tough to look at for more than a few seconds. I'm not sure if it was the aspect ratio which is 4:3 while Deadite's was 16:10 (widescreen) or if it was the editing that was used. The overall look of the montage created a tunnel vision effect that made it tough to look at. With this montage it was also blurry, but much more noticeable with the slightly faded corners of the clips in the montage. Then again that probably has to do with the quality of the video.

The music was good, but only when they stopped singing. The editing with outside shots and timing really picked up when they stopped singing and worked well with the music.

Final Verdict:
I vote Deadite's to be the best one out of the two (even though I can't actually add to the poll).

His was easier to watch and had a great intro that built up with the music and got right into the action. All in all an enjoyable experience throughout.

Both were great though!

I doubt anybody will read this, but whatever.

Carpe Vexillum
05-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Your opinion has been tallied.

21-16 the public knows what they like. Good game sir. See you next time <3 (Like when we both get better recording equipment =p)

*This Thread Can Be Closed*

Vestige
05-19-2011, 11:42 AM
carpe I have a challange for you do you wish me to post it?

Carpe Vexillum
05-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Sure Ninja.

Hazy
05-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Just watched these, both were good, but not without their faults.

Deadite's Montage:

It had a smooth intro that showed who was in the montage and it fitted well with the music. The rest of the motage was good, the clips were fine, I honestly don't care what type of clips are in a montage. Although, those annoying "ninja assassinations" or whatever they're called shouldn't be in there. I never saw why someone thought they were amazing enough to be put into a montage as they're equivalent in "awesomeness" to getting an overkill with three guests standing still.

I did enjoy the color of this montage, the colors in the game seemed more vibrant and much more relaxing on the eyes. It was mainly blurry, but I think that was because of the quality of the video and not entirely on blur added in.

Music was a nice choice as well.

Carpe's Montage:

Not a smooth intro as deadites, but it was simple. I do believe that the intro should build up with the song or music that you choose to use such as how a song builds up and then gets into it. The clips were good as well, but same as above, those "ninja" kills are annoying to see almost as much when someone melee's the air after sticking someone across map.

I hated watching this montage, it was tough to look at for more than a few seconds. I'm not sure if it was the aspect ratio which is 4:3 while Deadite's was 16:10 (widescreen) or if it was the editing that was used. The overall look of the montage created a tunnel vision effect that made it tough to look at. With this montage it was also blurry, but much more noticeable with the slightly faded corners of the clips in the montage. Then again that probably has to do with the quality of the video.

The music was good, but only when they stopped singing. The editing with outside shots and timing really picked up when they stopped singing and worked well with the music.

Final Verdict:
I vote Deadite's to be the best one out of the two (even though I can't actually add to the poll).

His was easier to watch and had a great intro that built up with the music and got right into the action. All in all an enjoyable experience throughout.

Both were great though!

I doubt anybody will read this, but whatever.

But....I read it...

*Kiss-Ass!*

d3ad1te
05-20-2011, 02:51 PM
You can't handle the truth!

Carpe Vexillum
05-20-2011, 05:13 PM
What will it take to kill this thread, honestly =p

Twitch
05-23-2011, 08:59 PM
lol :)

Triple Double
05-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Thread lives on Carpe :) is he still here?!