PDA

View Full Version : Some Quick Maintenance

Mythonian
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I'll be messing with the site's code a bit over the rest of the day. I'm trying to improve the compatibility of the site, especially with IE.

Nothing huge will be done to prevent usability, so I don't plan to shutdown the site.

However, small inconsistancies and bugs may appear during this time. This includes: Background colors, images, text properties, alignments, and small other bugs may appear.

If you spot any of these bugs, please make a post in this thread about it. Include as many specific details as you can.

Thank you,
Mythonian

Andimion
05-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Viewing my own profile there is a semi-white background and apparently the option to change the colour?

Nocte
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
In the Home Screen the images that are our avatars over lap the newest posts being made.

LocoCrazy
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Illicit Efflux is back?

Nocte
05-18-2011, 01:04 PM
For the blogs, the bars that house the names of who typed replies are pushed to far to the right.

Maxdoggy
05-18-2011, 01:13 PM
The FC Stats at the bottom of the forum page are stacked oddly. (Firefox)

HeavyArms
05-18-2011, 01:32 PM
ALL IS WELL COMANDER!

Nocte
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Oh and I'm using Google Chrome.

Vestige
05-18-2011, 04:46 PM
In the enlistment office dinosaur has two ranks recuit and private firstclass x.x

Mythonian
05-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Okay, the major compatibility work is done. Now I'll get to work on troubleshooting the bugs out.

Viewing my own profile there is a semi-white background and apparently the option to change the colour?
Bug acknowledged. Recreated in both Firefox/Aurora and IE. Unattempted else.

Please don't try to change the color yet. Once the bugs are clear, customizing profiles will be encouraged.

In the Home Screen the images that are our avatars over lap the newest posts being made.
Bug acknowledged. Recreated in Firefox/Aurora and Chrome. Unattempted else.

For the blogs, the bars that house the names of who typed replies are pushed to far to the right.
Bug acknowledged. Recreated in Firefox/Aurora and Chrome. Unattempted else.

The FC Stats at the bottom of the forum page are stacked oddly. (Firefox)
I'm not able to recreate it into Firefox/Aurora. Please provide screenshot.

In the enlistment office dinosaur has two ranks recuit and private firstclass x.x
Fixed, but that isn't a bug to be reported here.

Keep the bugs coming!

MedeDust
05-18-2011, 06:28 PM
I need some ice cream and a new xbox live gold membership.

Oh and a haircut would be nice too.

Mythonian
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
I need some ice cream and a new xbox live gold membership.

Oh and a haircut would be nice too.

Coming right up*, good sir!
*Allow 6 to 80 years for delivery. Contents may vary. MythCorp and Skynet, Inc. are neither liable for any damage or loss of delivery, nor of any dismemberment or death as a result of opening the delivery. Be prepared to find a dead pig in the container instead of desired contents. For express delivery within 2 business days, please sell your soul and provide appropriate credit card, social security, and other personal information.

Vestige
05-18-2011, 09:50 PM
HAHAHAHAAH I LAWLD SO HARD!^

Mythonian
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Well, a recruit found and reported a bug to me. Apparently when you weren't signed in and tried to register, this is what you got:
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/RegisterError.png
(Seriously, that was the entire page that showed up--absolutely nothing but the login thing and the footer).

I fixed it, so that works now.

I'm gonna be working on the other issues when I get a chance. Once that is done, I'll work on improving general usability of the site (the customizability of the profiles is one).

MedeDust
05-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Coming right up*, good sir!
*Allow 6 to 80 years for delivery. Contents may vary. MythCorp and Skynet, Inc. are neither liable for any damage or loss of delivery, nor of any dismemberment or death as a result of opening the delivery. Be prepared to find a dead pig in the container instead of desired contents. For express delivery within 2 business days, please sell your soul and provide appropriate credit card, social security, and other personal information.

I left my soul at my friend's house :(

Juggernaut9473
05-19-2011, 12:53 AM
still semi white background on profiles and also the choices for like sending messages or adding friends arent there visually

Triple Double
05-19-2011, 05:18 AM
Yeah home page was hard to see but I just highlighted it and figured it out eventually. Changed all the colors and now it's all good. Using Chrome. Like the customization. :D

Vestige
05-19-2011, 12:09 PM
still semi white background on profiles and also the choices for like sending messages or adding friends arent there visually

Its cause your able to coustomize it just fiddle with it thats what I did

myth theres a bug were theres no picture for the coustomize button ;)

Kuhblam
05-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Hmm... when I try to log in from the home page, my username is typed in gray as if it doesn't appear. I finish typing my password, and then it refers me to a log-in attempt page where it works just fine.

On the main forum page, the statistics (i.e. who is logged in, etc.) are stacked up on top of one another and stretched out from the usual manner.

~Kuhblam

Mythonian
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
the choices for like sending messages or adding friends arent there visually

Acknowledged.

myth theres a bug were theres no picture for the coustomize button http://fcwars.net/forums/images/smilies/wink%20%281%29.gif

Please specify.

Hmm... when I try to log in from the home page, my username is typed in gray as if it doesn't appear. I finish typing my password, and then it refers me to a log-in attempt page where it works just fine.

Fixed. I'll work on returning the "Remember me" checkbox when I get a chance.

On the main forum page, the statistics (i.e. who is logged in, etc.) are stacked up on top of one another and stretched out from the usual manner.

Already acknowledged. Only seems to be IE and Chrome, as it doesn't happen in Firefox/Aurora.

Keep 'em coming!

Mythonian
05-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Okay, your profiles should, by default, no longer have the bright background and invisible text.

Feel free to customize it as you see fit. If you see something wrong with the default settings that you thing should be adjusted, say so here.

Mythonian
05-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Stats at the bottom of the forum page are fixed, at least for Firefox/Aurora and Chrome. If anyone has another browser which displays it with bugs, please say so.

Moving on to the blog comments and the recent posts/blogs on the Home page.

Anyone find any other bugs?

Vestige
05-19-2011, 11:38 PM
IE still does it~
-EDIT- nvm

LocoCrazy
05-20-2011, 06:40 AM
I found a bug.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/WUEcamMan/?action=view&current=wtfISthisSHIT.jpg

Ex Zen Mute
05-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I found a bug.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/WUEcamMan/?action=view&current=wtfISthisSHIT.jpg
Loco is now Forever Alone.

Facebook does that too. Along with many forums.

Vestige
05-20-2011, 11:49 AM
its a rediricting page trust me I see it as well loco

Mythonian
05-20-2011, 11:54 AM

Primary issue fixed for IE. Still troubleshooting aesthetics.

Working on:

Scarekro
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
When I try to sign in after being signed out (computer shut off), it says the whole "Welcome" message, but then it says I'm still not signed in when it takes me back to the forums. I had to click on "click here to redirect" or whatever. I dunno if that's your doing or not, but that's never happened to me before.

Mythonian
05-20-2011, 07:19 PM
When I try to sign in after being signed out (computer shut off), it says the whole "Welcome" message, but then it says I'm still not signed in when it takes me back to the forums. I had to click on "click here to redirect" or whatever. I dunno if that's your doing or not, but that's never happened to me before.

I'm pretty sure that it is a result of the lacking "remember me" checkbox or something. I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting it.

Maxdoggy
05-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Coolness, the statistics at the bottom of the page are fixed!

Also, I'm back from the Big Apple!
*Also, I have tons of homework. :'(