PDA

View Full Version : New Home Page Piccture

Vestige
05-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Instead of having a picture of master chief why not the FC picture thats at the bottem of the site. just a suggestion.

Metkil5685
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Instead of having a picture of master chief why not the FC picture thats at the bottem of the site. just a suggestion.

If only you knew how this skin work. That banner is not one single image. It's a combination of 4 different banner images. 2 of which need to be able to scale and repeat at any website size.

And besides, how do you know it's Master Chief?

Vestige
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
Idk fine its a saprtan xD it would also show the real image to FC not many people know it unless the scroll all the way down

Mythonian
05-31-2011, 07:43 PM
If only you knew how this skin work. That banner is not one single image. It's a combination of 4 different banner images. 2 of which need to be able to scale and repeat at any website size.

And besides, how do you know it's Master Chief?

Actually, only 3 images. :smart:

I've been meaning to fix the stacking of the images at lower widths (at min-width value, the stacking screws up and a seam appears), so when I get ready to do that, I'll see if doing something with the logo improves how it looks.

Scarekro
05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
This is actually a good idea. Maybe something similar to the welcome screen, but with several BLUEs and several REDDs going at it. It would definitely give it a little more color, and it's also what we're about. We don't run around in green/MC looking armor. XP

VerbotenDonkey
05-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Or we could fix the Banner so theres actually a REDD spartan on it >.>

Ex Zen Mute
06-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Or we could fix the Banner so theres actually a REDD spartan on it >.>
Right now the Spartan is steel.

If we do Red, we also need Blue. No biases.

Mythonian
06-01-2011, 09:58 AM
I wasn't planning on a significant change... It still needs to match the style of the site, and bright colors don't really work well...

Captain Poder
06-01-2011, 10:18 AM
because our site is dull and boring..... lol

Nocte
06-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Honestly I like the look of the site, but I bet more of our graphic artists on this site can make RED and BLUE Spartans going at it and just use a few brushes to make them look dirty and beaten and what not.

Deathhawk
06-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I just have the forums bookmarked anyway, so I don't care... but this sounds like a good idea.

VerbotenDonkey
06-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Right now the Spartan is steel.

If we do Red, we also need Blue. No biases.

I'm just saying, on the banner, that Spartan on the left is pretty blue, however there is a lack of red anywhere.

Ex Zen Mute
06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm just saying, on the banner, that Spartan on the left is pretty blue, however there is a lack of red anywhere.
That is not the Spartan, that is the blender.

VerbotenDonkey
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
That is not the Spartan, that is the blender.

Lmao I know he's not really blue, I'm just saying that there is way more blue color on the banner than there is red.