PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4

William 043 SII
06-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Just putting this out there anyone think that Bungie will be announcing the new game Halo 4? Or just another rumor started up by gamers that love the Halo series, lets hope its true but I doubt I highly doubt it.

Give me your thoughts. Thanks

Mythonian
06-06-2011, 08:33 PM
lol

Already announced and a teaser trailer shown. Link (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-halo-4/714846).

Spartanbh
06-06-2011, 09:45 PM
Bungie isn't creating anymore HALO games bud, it's now 343 Industries. Where have you been the last year? :P

Hazy
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
343 kinda made cheif look a tad bit cartoony in the trailer...that may be just me though.

Anyways looking forward to it, hope it's just not a complete trainwreck, y'know?

OzzyIzSick
06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
IM SO FUCKING PUMPED.... GIVE ME BACK MY BR BABYYY!!

ChillSquishster
06-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Not going to lie, when I saw that Halo 4 was announced I literally jumped up and started shouting for joy. I can't wait!!!

Bodaciousbaconn
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Not going to lie, when I saw that Halo 4 was announced I literally jumped up and started shouting for joy. I can't wait!!!

Almost jumped off my stairs when I heard the theme music upstairs. Had to watch the trailer.

bazongaman502
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
I TOLD ALL OF YOU!!!! but no, you guys dont listin... i get all of this info WAY before its announced lol... i even know more then they even announced at E3 lol

Bodaciousbaconn
06-06-2011, 10:28 PM
And suddenly nobody cares because ZOnga already knew. :p

Carpe Vexillum
06-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Noobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95yDEhEUl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg

Fuzzy
06-06-2011, 10:53 PM
I TOLD ALL OF YOU!!!! but no, you guys dont listin... i get all of this info WAY before its announced lol... i even know more then they even announced at E3 lol

Hipster........lol :)

boomerdude
06-06-2011, 11:21 PM
things to note
~special ammo (explosive shown for pistol (or new weapon))
~new weapon possibly (if not a pistol shown(note~ it did open strangely to add ammo))
~weapon attachments (at end MC adds suppressor type thing)
~Alien ship? possibilities~ more covies, covies enemies, forerunners, forerunners enemies (other possible answer to keep flood alive and build rings to fight them)
~it would be so cool if MC runs into jorge from reach... (u know since he lived ;P (but teleported))

Carpe Vexillum
06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Noobs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95yDEhEUl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg
duh winning

bazongaman502
06-06-2011, 11:55 PM
duh winning

i told you Carpe ;)

Scarekro
06-07-2011, 12:02 AM
The thing he attached to his magnum looked like a grenade attachment to me. ^__^

boomerdude
06-07-2011, 12:08 AM
The thing he attached to his magnum looked like a grenade attachment to me. ^__^
well considering he used some explosive ammo at first before he attached it with his pistol, the last thing that would be put on it would be a grenade launcher

bazongaman502
06-07-2011, 12:10 AM
well considering he used some explosive ammo at first before he attached it with his pistol, the last thing that would be put on it would be a grenade launcher

why does it matter???

ITS ANOTHER FUCKIN HALO!!!!! WOOT!!!

William 043 SII
06-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Well I just discovered a poster bungie released http://www.google.com/m/search?oe=UTF-8&client=safari&q=halo+4+poster&hl=en&site=images&ei=R6XtTYiRMdPJlAet4canAg&ved=0CBwQ7AkwAQ#i=2 so check it out, and yes I know 343 said they were making it but we dont know until then.

Carpe Vexillum
06-07-2011, 12:16 AM
i told you Carpe ;)
I never didn't believe you. =p

Al Capone111
06-07-2011, 12:18 AM
things to note
~new weapon possibly (if not a pistol shown(note~ it did open strangely to add ammo))
~weapon attachments (at end MC adds suppressor type thing)
~Alien ship? possibilities~ more covies, covies enemies, forerunners, forerunners enemies (other possible answer to keep flood alive and build rings to fight them)
~it would be so cool if MC runs into jorge from reach... (u know since he lived ;P (but teleported))

While he is still alive when we see the ship "blow up", he is trapped in slip space with that part of the ship. With no way to guide where he is going or easy way of getting out of it(alive atleast). Remember in First Strike when the Spartans took the Spirit transport they had to reinforce that thing so much, and it still barely held together. So the odds of Jorge ending up on the "Mystery Planet" (could be Onyx) in one piece and alive is extremely slim. Like one of the Olsen twins thin.

But new ammo types would be awesome. Even if its just explosive ammo for campaign only.

Fiery Grave
06-07-2011, 12:20 AM
things to note
~new weapon possibly (if not a pistol shown(note~ it did open strangely to add ammo)) Pretty sure its was a new weapon... it looked like a pistol but it seemed off, especially when it shot the first explosive
~weapon attachments (at end MC adds suppressor type thing) That could just be a way to reload the gun... he never did put in any more ammo after it opened up. it may not be an attachment at all
~Alien ship? possibilities~ more covies, covies enemies, forerunners, forerunners enemies (other possible answer to keep flood alive and build rings to fight them) no way its covies, three possibilities, forerunner (most likely) precursors (highly unlikely) or ancient humans (most unlikely) *for those who do not know humans once lived as equals to the forerunner, and then regressed due to horrible news*

Read bold

Carpe Vexillum
06-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Oh god the fanboydom... cant we all just be excited in silence xD

jp <333

boomerdude
06-07-2011, 12:33 AM
i'm thinking if ammo types are a possibility
~ exsplosive or grenade (awesome)
~special armor piercing rounds (for breaking through shields) (used in book if i am correct)
~helm piercing rounds (if not special armor... these used for cracking heads)
~fire rounds (catch enemy on fire)
~ vehicle rounds (can take out vehicles faster)

ON the planet onyx...... shoot we can make are own story and yes jorge is alive... =).... maybe all slip space worm hole explosion thingies go to the same place....

Fiery Grave
06-07-2011, 12:38 AM
~special armor piercing rounds (for breaking through shields) (used in book if i am correct)

ON the planet onyx...... shoot we can make are own story and yes jorge is alive... =).... maybe all slip space worm hole explosion thingies go to the same place....

special ammo would ruin halo more so than certain other elements already have... halo works base on simplicity... or at least it used to back in halo 1 & 2, halo 3 introduced deployables but i felt that was making it worse right there... then armor abilities....

also we all know Jorge is hanging out with Dr Hasley, Dr Anderson, Grey team, Private Dust & private Echos and Kelly on the SoF.... God people get your fiction right

Al Capone111
06-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Oh god the fanboydom... cant we all just be excited in silence xD

jp <333

Got a problem with the fact im a Halo fanboy? At least i admit it. I love the books. Love the games. I got Halo shirts. Problem?

Boomer, just curious, not to be mean, but did you read all the books?

Because slip-space isnt the most stable of places. And Jorge was on the part of the ship which likely didnt have the bridge (of the super carrier). But lets assume, for arguments sake, that the cruiser he was on survived the trip into slipspace. I doubt that he can successfully navigate a covenant ship without an AI on his own. While fending any covenant still onboard that were in space gear. And even more still, he doesn't know the coordinates to Onyx. Only a very select few do.

As much as i like Jorge, odds are he is dead by the time the events in Halo 4 will be taking place. Because the Human-Covenant War ends almost a year after Reach falls(end of Halo3).

Halo Timeline (http://halostory.bungie.org/halostory.timeline.html) Hasnt been updated in a good while, but still provides enough info.

Either way i look forward to it.

boomerdude
06-07-2011, 01:15 AM
i was joking about onyx.... and if you remember he has the pelican that had the transporter strapped onto the ship (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) if he tried using the ship he might be able to get somewhere... possibly a human planet and no i did not read all of the books...... i have school books to take care of first... (curse you grapes of wrath CURSE YOU!)

MedeDust
06-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Everyone dies(.)

HiiMFaTaL
06-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Honestly the only logical place he could be IS Onyx, unless they want to open up for MORE games. The reason it seems logical is because they one where making a giant machine and they would attack anything they felt was threatening to them so the ship seemed hostile and was attacked.

Maxdoggy
06-07-2011, 07:08 AM
I love CG teaser trailers. .. over a year before the game is released! Bleh.

I'll have to see how 343i handles this, because I'm not too sure anyone other than Bungie and a select few studios can handle the game with the respect it deserves.

Fiery Grave
06-07-2011, 10:19 AM
i was joking about onyx.... and if you remember he has the pelican that had the transporter strapped onto the ship (hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge) if he tried using the ship he might be able to get somewhere... possibly a human planet and no i did not read all of the books...... i have school books to take care of first... (curse you grapes of wrath CURSE YOU!)

let me quickly explain slipspace for you... slipspace is a pseudo dimension, its still technically in our dimension but does not share many physical properties with our regular dimension. Imagine space is a flat piece of paper to get a pencil across you would have to slide it across the entire length of the paper (this is travelling across space normally). Now if the piece of paper was folded on it self several times to get the pencil through to the other side you can stab through the paper and the distance it travels is a lot less allowing it to go from point A - B faster (this is theoretical as its hard to stab through folded paper) (this is slip space travel)

Honestly the only logical place he could be IS Onyx, unless they want to open up for MORE games. The reason it seems logical is because they one where making a giant machine and they would attack anything they felt was threatening to them so the ship seemed hostile and was attacked.

no its completely illogical for him to be anywhere at all, in slipspace you still need propulsion to move from one place to another, you also need a slipspace drive to exit slipspace. Now on covenant cruisers the bridge is in the middle of the ship (which is the part that was sent into slipspace) contrary to humans which have slipspace drives in the middle and the bridge at the front of the ship, and on covenant ships the slipspace drive is at the front (which didn't get transported). now the slipspace bomb was designed for a one time use and was heavily damaged to begin with so its unlikely to work again.

Second there is a 30 minute or so air supply in those suits the ship being heavily damaged would be leaking all its air. Its at least a 6 moth trip to Onyx, i doubt he would make it with the air supply available, let alone food and water.

Lastly, I almost forgot this one, Slip space has tremendous pressure in it... think of a diver going as deep as as a deep sea sub, he would be crushed by the water pressure. its the same thing and would crush him in his suit.

anything else some one needs me to confirm or disprove?

Juggernaut9473
06-07-2011, 11:40 AM
no fiery, i think you covered it all, lesson learned kiddies...if you have a question go to him ^^^^

might be funny if you guys ask enough

Al Capone111
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
let me quickly explain slipspace for you... slipspace is a pseudo dimension, its still technically in our dimension but does not share many physical properties with our regular dimension. Imagine space is a flat piece of paper to get a pencil across you would have to slide it across the entire length of the paper (this is travelling across space normally). Now if the piece of paper was folded on it self several times to get the pencil through to the other side you can stab through the paper and the distance it travels is a lot less allowing it to go from point A - B faster (this is theoretical as its hard to stab through folded paper) (this is slip space travel)

no its completely illogical for him to be anywhere at all, in slipspace you still need propulsion to move from one place to another, you also need a slipspace drive to exit slipspace. Now on covenant cruisers the bridge is in the middle of the ship (which is the part that was sent into slipspace) contrary to humans which have slipspace drives in the middle and the bridge at the front of the ship, and on covenant ships the slipspace drive is at the front (which didn't get transported). now the slipspace bomb was designed for a one time use and was heavily damaged to begin with so its unlikely to work again.

Second there is a 30 minute or so air supply in those suits the ship being heavily damaged would be leaking all its air. Its at least a 6 moth trip to Onyx, i doubt he would make it with the air supply available, let alone food and water.

Lastly, I almost forgot this one, Slip space has tremendous pressure in it... think of a diver going as deep as as a deep sea sub, he would be crushed by the water pressure. its the same thing and would crush him in his suit.

anything else some one needs me to confirm or disprove?

I think he (Fatal) was talking about John being at Onyx. But Fiery, couldn't the cruiser that Jorge and Six comadeered have survived the slipspace event, intact without killing Jorge? Because dont forget he was on the cruiser, not the super carrier.

LocoCrazy
06-07-2011, 11:44 AM
So. How bout that Skyrim game huh?

Vestige
06-07-2011, 11:47 AM
okay ninja has to step in now doesnt he? okay jorge died if he survived the chances if him having the same slipspace cords is HIGHLY unlikly the only SPARTAN to know have survied would have been Jun BUT it was told he dies defending halsey from the covies. Now if you pay attention theres some kind of thing on the planet hes landing on a forerunner thinger look at xbox.com and it shows this he isnt in space anymore. as for the pistol its some kind of charge shot at the end of a magnum so why dont we calm down before we start bluring our mouths off listen to bazonga his aunt works a microsoft in the Xbox department (correct me if im wrong). So yea... as for the studios who are making the game 343 is the story line writers and Certian Affinity is the devlopers we good?

Spartanbh
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
So. How bout that Skyrim game huh?

Yeah how about that Skyrim...gonna be pretty beast and still beat out all other games that are released in the next 5 years until a new Elder Scrolls is released...

But anyhoo, the more you guys speculate on HALO 4, the more you are going to drive yourselves crazy because most likely none of you are right or ever will be right. Just be patient and wait...and Enjoy Skyrim and Battlefield 3 until Holiday 2012 =D.

Al Capone111
06-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah how about that Skyrim...gonna be pretty beast and still beat out all other games that are released in the next 5 years until a new Elder Scrolls is released...

But anyhoo, the more you guys speculate on HALO 4, the more you are going to drive yourselves crazy because most likely none of you are right or ever will be right. Just be patient and wait...and Enjoy Skyrim and Battlefield 3 until Holiday 2012 =D.

Holiday 2012? Like 12/21/2012? Thats hella gay.

Deathhawk
06-07-2011, 12:10 PM
Okay, will/could the flood be in Halo 4? If its Forerunner, then they're in a shield world, so no flood?
But wasn't the flood also destroyed via Halo?

Firefight + Flood is the reason I ask.

Juggernaut9473
06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Firefight + Flood is the reason I ask.

we can dream...we can dream

Maxdoggy
06-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh. Oh lawd.

They really are going to milk the Halo franchise until it dies.
On the other hand, I look forward to more Halo plot.

Until I see for myself how it'll play, I can't say that I'm too excited for a non-Bungie team to take over the franchise. I like 343i, but I'm not sure if they can "pull it off".

Kuhblam
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Oh. Oh lawd.

They really are going to milk the Halo franchise until it dies.
On the other hand, I look forward to more Halo plot.

Until I see for myself how it'll play, I can't say that I'm too excited for a non-Bungie team to take over the franchise. I like 343i, but I'm not sure if they can "pull it off".

QFT.

~Kuhblam

LocoCrazy
06-07-2011, 02:16 PM
funny you typed that. I literally just said to Yeheus "They are milking the fuck outta the Halo tits".

Deathhawk
06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Of course they are! That's just good business. Don't act surprised.
It keeps our asses afloat, if you forgot. We need new Halo games to keep the wars interesting.

Fiery Grave
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I think he (Fatal) was talking about John being at Onyx. But Fiery, couldn't the cruiser that Jorge and Six comadeered have survived the slipspace event, intact without killing Jorge? Because dont forget he was on the cruiser, not the super carrier.

well it is possible it survived, but also unlikely... also he would be unable to control that ship and the chances of him find onyx is slim. Same with John being at onyx. Also Jorge would have a hard time surviving those 6 months as i doubt much of the food on the ship is edible to humans

I know i would like to find out what happened at onxy but i don't think there is going to be anything more with it. just a feeling though.

LocoCrazy
06-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Seriously, how is making another halo game even possible? Johnson is dead so there is literally no way of having a story. Unless paper-thin in the new amazing.

Fiery Grave
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Seriously, how is making another halo game even possible? Johnson is dead so there is literally no way of having a story. Unless paper-thin in the new amazing.

by having his twin brother join the fight!!! hes just like Johnson... he even took all of his memories!!!

Hazy
06-07-2011, 04:48 PM
by having his twin brother join the fight!!! hes just like Johnson... he even took all of his memories!!!
http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/5545/original/OpoQQ.jpg?1302279173

HiiMFaTaL
06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Well Jorge is most likely dead considering he didn't have a helmet on and was being sent into space basically. If anything whats gonna happen is chief is gonna have to find a way to unlock the paradise that Dr Halsey went to with the other Spartan III's while killing shit tons of coveys along the way.

Or the sentinels will just try and start re building the halo array

d3ad1te
06-07-2011, 06:01 PM

Agreed. We need Sgt. Johnson.

He knows what the ladies like

Al Capone111
06-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Unless paper-thin in the new amazing.

Obviously its worked for Call of Duty. Because the mindless drones buy a new one each year that is just a re-skin. At least with Halo they make somesort of improvements each game

zZ Dr K Zz
06-07-2011, 06:35 PM
343 Industries should just ignore everything that Halo 3 did. The gameplay mechanics were terrible and the story was horrendous.

I like to think that Halo 3 never existed.

HeavyArms
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Everyones hyping up this game really badly. The only thing I care for is the story. Which probbly wont be all that great.

Hazy
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Everyones hyping up this game really badly. The only thing I care for is the story. Which probbly wont be all that great.
In case you haven't notice that's precisely what the hype's all about XD

A lot of people are simply panicking over the fact that Master Cheif's story now lies outside the hands of Bungie. We have no idea what these guys have in mind for what Halo 4 could be.

And on that note we're just worried whether or not it would feel the same. New Art style looks prevalent, but a lot of speculations are arising over whether or not there are going to be weapon attatchment issues or more armor abilities (which, in my opinion, had a lot of potential had it not been for the fact that Bungie threw it together as fast as it could in the sloppiest fashion possible).

343i has a lot of expectations to live up to, and the community simply dosen't know what to really expect from them...

Buoy O Buoy
06-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah I just read this whole forum and saw alot of the word "unlikely". First. Anything can happen in a videogame. Second. All of these things may be unlikely, but isn't it unlikely to nearly single handedly defeated two HUMONGOUS armys including two of the most dominant races known to man at the time?

Fiery Grave
06-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah I just read this whole forum and saw alot of the word "unlikely". First. Anything can happen in a videogame. Second. All of these things may be unlikely, but isn't it unlikely to nearly single handedly defeated two HUMONGOUS armys including two of the most dominant races known to man at the time?

well we didn't defeat the covanant (the elites joined us too so that gave humans/elites the strongest fighting force in the galaxy), we nearly ended the war by killing the last corrupt prophet. and the flood was destroyed at the ark by firing halo, the only way to stop them so the best chance to stop them.

also you say humongous armies, but the human population size is second only to Unggoy. And not counting Unggoy, the covanant's total size is only slightly larger than the humans population.

i'll put it this way.... its unlikely that some one can survive a bullet to the head, and you would never expect some one to but it does happen occasionally.

also I know i am saying unlikely in the way that "he should be dead but they may do something to bring him back.... though they really shouldn't"

Kuhblam
06-08-2011, 10:15 AM
well we didn't defeat the covanant (the elites joined us too so that gave humans/elites the strongest fighting force in the galaxy), we nearly ended the war by killing the last corrupt prophet. and the flood was destroyed at the ark by firing halo, the only way to stop them so the best chance to stop them.

also you say humongous armies, but the human population size is second only to Unggoy. And not counting Unggoy, the covanant's total size is only slightly larger than the humans population.

i'll put it this way.... its unlikely that some one can survive a bullet to the head, and you would never expect some one to but it does happen occasionally.

also I know i am saying unlikely in the way that "he should be dead but they may do something to bring him back.... though they really shouldn't"

You're thinking about this too much... it's 343 with Bungie's guidance. They can do whatever they please; the canon all comes second to making money and seeing what kind of shit they can pull off. All these statistics mean nothing when they create the backstory.

~Kuhblam

Fiery Grave
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
You're thinking about this too much... it's 343 with Bungie's guidance. They can do whatever they please; the canon all comes second to making money and seeing what kind of shit they can pull off. All these statistics mean nothing when they create the backstory.

~Kuhblam

i am saying unlikely in the way that "he should be dead but they may do something to bring him back.... though they really shouldn't"

Thats why i added that

Maxdoggy
06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Halo: Anniversary to feature Halo 4 secrets. "There will be Terminals–but on a scale of ambition you might not expect." http://bit.ly/jdma8V

Kuhblam
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Halo: Anniversary to feature Halo 4 secrets. "There will be Terminals–but on a scale of ambition you might not expect." http://bit.ly/jdma8V

Noice, mate!

~Kuhblam

Maxdoggy
06-08-2011, 09:08 PM
RT @HaloWaypoint: IGN Live chats with Frank O'Connor about Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo 4. http://go.ign.com/j530y5

DeathsVestige
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I think Halo 4 will be great

Maxdoggy
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Well it appears that the first details on Halo 4 have reached the Internet thanks to a member of the Bungie Forums.

Of course there is no proof to say just how real these details are so it's your personal choice if you believe them or not, just a quick warning if it is true then it does contain spoilers.

“Halo 4 returns players to the story of the Master Chief and Cortana in the events that follow the conclusion of Halo 3. Players will experience an all new story and introduce a new roster of enemies and weapons to the Halo experience. Set against the top secret Forerunner planetoid known to ONI as Sigma 7, players will encounter a dark new foe and unravel more of the mysteries behind the forerunners and the Office of Naval Intelligence.

At the heart of Halo 4 is a stronger focus than ever before behind story telling and player choice. Players will be offered an unprecedented level of customization and a narrative experience never before seen in a first person shooter. On a technical level Halo 4 pushes the boundaries of the action genre by incorporating larger battlefields than ever before and players will experience conflicts that seamlessly span land, sea and space.

Halo 4 will expand the series trademark arsenal of weapons and vehicles beyond any other title so far. Players can expect fan favorites to return along with new additions. Halo 4 will also feature the revolutionary new Arsenal Improvisation Mechanics that allow for menu-free, creative customization of weapons and vehicles in the heat of combat. Players will take their fight to a new level by dynamically tailoring their weapons and vehicles to suit any situations or enemies.”

At the moment it seems 343 are focusing on the new and improved story and weapons system (of which the new AIM mechanic is only mysteriously alluded to) but there was some video shown that fills in some of the gaps. Halo 4 is set on a Forerunner planet that has an inner and outer surface that provides two distinct styles. The outside is very industrial and features a wide range of hostile Forerunner tech and AI. The video showed space combat here. The inside of the planetoid is hollow and is sectioned off in to many tiers/bands (almost resembling Halo rings) that feature a myriad of natural environments not only resembling earth’s but many other alien terrains. The video featured combat across a multitude of environments from space to mountains, plains and oceans. Presumably, ONI had been top secretly researching the planet for some. There are UNSC forces on the planet but they look really degraded and disorganized and it was implied that they may be divided into factions and warring with each other. At one point we see a heavily modified warthog that has had the wheels replaced two kind of anti gravity devices. At another point the Chief is clearly sprinting which possibly implies a return of armor abilities. There was no sign of the Flood or the Covenant but at the very end of the trailer the ‘dark new threat’ was hinted at. The video ends with the Chief standing at a dark cave entrance and from within can be heard some menacing gurgling and grunting. Cortana says “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time”, the Master chief then readies a new weapon that looks like a cross between a rocket launcher and a Needler and it focuses on his helmet and visor and a number of strange digital effects ripple across his visor then the videos ends."

Fiery Grave
06-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Well it appears that the first details on Halo 4 have reached the Internet thanks to a member of the Bungie Forums.

Of course there is no proof to say just how real these details are so it's your personal choice if you believe them or not, just a quick warning if it is true then it does contain spoilers.

“Halo 4 returns players to the story of the Master Chief and Cortana in the events that follow the conclusion of Halo 3. Players will experience an all new story and introduce a new roster of enemies and weapons to the Halo experience. Set against the top secret Forerunner planetoid known to ONI as Sigma 7, players will encounter a dark new foe and unravel more of the mysteries behind the forerunners and the Office of Naval Intelligence.

At the heart of Halo 4 is a stronger focus than ever before behind story telling and player choice. Players will be offered an unprecedented level of customization and a narrative experience never before seen in a first person shooter. On a technical level Halo 4 pushes the boundaries of the action genre by incorporating larger battlefields than ever before and players will experience conflicts that seamlessly span land, sea and space.

Halo 4 will expand the series trademark arsenal of weapons and vehicles beyond any other title so far. Players can expect fan favorites to return along with new additions. Halo 4 will also feature the revolutionary new Arsenal Improvisation Mechanics that allow for menu-free, creative customization of weapons and vehicles in the heat of combat. Players will take their fight to a new level by dynamically tailoring their weapons and vehicles to suit any situations or enemies.”

At the moment it seems 343 are focusing on the new and improved story and weapons system (of which the new AIM mechanic is only mysteriously alluded to) but there was some video shown that fills in some of the gaps. Halo 4 is set on a Forerunner planet that has an inner and outer surface that provides two distinct styles. The outside is very industrial and features a wide range of hostile Forerunner tech and AI. The video showed space combat here. The inside of the planetoid is hollow and is sectioned off in to many tiers/bands (almost resembling Halo rings) that feature a myriad of natural environments not only resembling earth’s but many other alien terrains. The video featured combat across a multitude of environments from space to mountains, plains and oceans. Presumably, ONI had been top secretly researching the planet for some. There are UNSC forces on the planet but they look really degraded and disorganized and it was implied that they may be divided into factions and warring with each other. At one point we see a heavily modified warthog that has had the wheels replaced two kind of anti gravity devices. At another point the Chief is clearly sprinting which possibly implies a return of armor abilities. There was no sign of the Flood or the Covenant but at the very end of the trailer the ‘dark new threat’ was hinted at. The video ends with the Chief standing at a dark cave entrance and from within can be heard some menacing gurgling and grunting. Cortana says “They’re coming back … and there’s a LOT more of them this time”, the Master chief then readies a new weapon that looks like a cross between a rocket launcher and a Needler and it focuses on his helmet and visor and a number of strange digital effects ripple across his visor then the videos ends."

i want to see said video..... but it sounds like halo 4 is going the call of duty route with weapons (customizing and choosing the weapons you want) which i will hate.... this here sounds like a horrible halo game and i hope this is not even close.... i would loose all respect for frank o'connor if he allows all this

Maxdoggy
06-09-2011, 08:59 PM
i would loose all respect for frank o'connor if he allows all this

I already have. Lol. I just don't like the fact that he alone has control over the franchise now and most of the backstory errors were on him for not doing the necessary fact-checking in the Halo Bible.

Nocte
06-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Honestly from what max is saying is that it isn't anything like call of duty customizing weapons is how a Spartan would do it. Infact go back and read the books and you'll find quite a lot of Spartans customized their weapons. Besides the maps will be massive unlike call of duty. Weren't you one of the ones saying Reach was gonna be like call of duty Fiery?

Fiery Grave
06-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Honestly from what max is saying is that it isn't anything like call of duty customizing weapons is how a Spartan would do it. Infact go back and read the books and you'll find quite a lot of Spartans customized their weapons. Besides the maps will be massive unlike call of duty. Weren't you one of the ones saying Reach was gonna be like call of duty Fiery?

this isn't story, its gameplay.... I don't want it where you can choose your exact starting weapon and everyone can have a different starting weapon.
in the story no spartans die, or there are very few casulties... in multiplayer a lot of spartans die and its no where near cannon.

Also no i wasn't saying reach was going to be like call of duty... i said it was headed slightly in that direction, but not this extreme.

Nocte
06-09-2011, 10:01 PM
This game won't ever like Call of Duty in fact no game will ever be like Call of Duty. The only reason why Call of Duty even has a bad name is because of MW2.... As for customizations it sounds great to me. I say welcome change the only thing I wished never changed was gameplay mechanics from halo 2 to halo 3.

VerbotenDonkey
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
I, for one, welcome customization. It's one of the things I love about Call of Duty. Unlike Call of Duty, Halo has shields, so everyone isnt a one shot kill, where, for the most part, the first shooter will win. I would like to customize my own weapons to set them apart from others, I think that would be unique to each player.

Hazy
06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I, for one, welcome customization. It's one of the things I love about Call of Duty. Unlike Call of Duty, Halo has shields, so everyone isnt a one shot kill, where, for the most part, the first shooter will win. I would like to customize my own weapons to set them apart from others, I think that would be unique to each player.

Yeah but I'm pretty sure almost the ENTIRE community will SCREAM "Call of Duty Re-make in sci-fi"

The point is that it's an element that isn't attributed to just CoD, and people forget that and just attribute the feature to it.

This is besides the point....as for Halo attatchments? Idk....I wonder if there would be any variety. It's also a possibility what he was holding was a Campaign-only weapon (much like the target locator here in Reach). We honestly have no speculation as to what the mechanics will be as of yet.

However what I DO care about is that I'm definitely expecting an armor ability re-vamp, and if there are attachments, I'm gunning for creativity. I want to see maybe a mini-mortar or something instead of a grenade launcher noob-tube. If both become true, make sure to brace yourselves for a HUGE community troll session.

And forerunner enemies? I would be EXTREMELY interested in how that plays out if it's true.

Well, we DO have another year or so until release. At least it wasn't like when Reach was announced two years before it's completion and just had us all waiting for what seemed like eons. We'll eventually get a feel for what's in store for the title soon enough.

MedeDust
06-10-2011, 12:13 AM
People need to step outside and look at the sky for at least 5 minutes.

Fiery Grave
06-10-2011, 09:00 AM
This game won't ever like Call of Duty in fact no game will ever be like Call of Duty. The only reason why Call of Duty even has a bad name is because of MW2.... As for customizations it sounds great to me. I say welcome change the only thing I wished never changed was gameplay mechanics from halo 2 to halo 3.

Ask people who know me, i haven't been a fan of call of duty ever, never liked the games personally.

I HATE the idea of being able to choose your starting weapons in that fashion, when they are customized to that degree.... well i hate it in call of duty some games pull it off nicely like brink where all weapons end up being balanced. But thats not halo.... if we have this it takes away very important elements of the game we call halo. I am one of the people who enjoyed the way Halo 1's multiplayer was set up, that was the best way IMO. you spawn with a certain weapon thats the same as everyone else and you fight for better weapon and the objective.

this is something i am against, we don't need weapon customization, we haven't needed it yet and things work out just fine.

ShenmueZero v2
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
1. There are alot of people who hate on call of duty soley because it seems to be the cool thing to do. Same thing happened with halo and madden.

2. There is nothing wrong with a publisher releasing a title on a yearly basis. They are in a buisiness. The main drving facter in any venture should be to make money.

3. There are people who complain about cod yet they continue to play and or buy the games. Those people cease to hold a valid arguement. You dont have to buy or play the game. You are not forced to.

4. This relates to my 1st point. People didnt have hatred towards cod untill after cod4. Why? Same reason some people hate on certain sports teams or certain shows. Its become the norm to hate anything that is mainstream. Cod 1-3 werent the mainstream selling juggernaught that the later games have become, henc the absence of hatred.

Bottom line. People are entitled to their opinions, but with one caveat. When people sit there and so ademently bash a game or anything for that matter, yet continue to support said hated product by playing or buy it, cease to have a credible opinion.

Maxdoggy
06-10-2011, 09:48 AM
this is something i am against, we don't need weapon customization, we haven't needed it yet and things work out just fine.

*cough cough* Loadouts in Reach?

OzzyIzSick
06-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Just for the love of god...Bring me back my Battle Rifle <3

Deathhawk
06-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree with fiery; Having the same starting weapon(s) for everybody makes it more fair... more like Halo.
If we can pick and customize spawning weapons it wont be balanced in Halo, the whole gameplay is/was based around picking weapons up from the maps.
The maps also need to be made specifically for this style, and larger maps aren't as supportive of this, as it will be more vehicle-oriented. Which is good for BTB players, but not MLG-Arena style.

I do implore them for trying to change things up, but we don't know the full story yet.

bazongaman502
06-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Alright i read that to my aunt and she said thats a "crock of shit" lol...

Heres exactly what she said "that idea wouldnt make sence for the Halo franchise. For one Activision would notice this kind of "customization" and would attack microsoft and 343i for "stealing ideas". Activision will look for anyway to get more money and take out the compition. Microsoft and 343i have already came out and said they will not push the limit to keep up with CoD, however they will push for the game(s) to have a "lasting appeal" to its fans. But they will not push for a full on customization from armour to weapons... however the armour customization might return."

i really want to see where you got that info and so does she, so please apply a link or something please.

(no dissrespect, im just giving information from someone who knows exactly whats going on)

Fiery Grave
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
1. There are alot of people who hate on call of duty soley because it seems to be the cool thing to do. Same thing happened with halo and madden.

2. There is nothing wrong with a publisher releasing a title on a yearly basis. They are in a buisiness. The main drving facter in any venture should be to make money.

3. There are people who complain about cod yet they continue to play and or buy the games. Those people cease to hold a valid arguement. You dont have to buy or play the game. You are not forced to.

4. This relates to my 1st point. People didnt have hatred towards cod untill after cod4. Why? Same reason some people hate on certain sports teams or certain shows. Its become the norm to hate anything that is mainstream. Cod 1-3 werent the mainstream selling juggernaught that the later games have become, henc the absence of hatred.

Bottom line. People are entitled to their opinions, but with one caveat. When people sit there and so ademently bash a game or anything for that matter, yet continue to support said hated product by playing or buy it, cease to have a credible opinion.

2. no but there is a lot wrong with just re skinning a broken game every year and saying "look its something new and exciting"

3. i bought COD4 because a large amount of people on my friends list were playing it and saying its great, i rented WaW and MW2, i bought black ops because i wanted to play zombies with certain friends. I have disliked the series from when i started playing it. i only continued to try the games because of friends playing it.... but i am the kind of person where if a game is anyway enjoyable the next one of it to come out i'd buy it right away, so just the fact i rented WaW shows my dislike of the series.

4. not as many people hated COD before 4 (there probably still were some, but they had no reason to hate it as much) because not as many people played it... and if you did play it and not like it its like "Okay now i see why its not popular" then 4 came out and was hugely popular with no new ideas added to it and slightly broken gameplay and ten your angry that so many people think its this grate game everyone should love. Thats why there is hate for it, if the games came out and were unpopular it wouldn't be a big deal because you don't get these fans saying "i LikE tHIS yOU ShOULdz toO. itZ goDlyz GaMEz" and then when you say you don't they freak out on you.... thats why people hate it.

and max loadouts are a little diffrent, but still i was never for loadouts... or that all loadouts should have the same weapons with them and only diffrent armor abilities.... unless its for invasion, then it works

Al Capone111
06-10-2011, 03:24 PM

1. Most people i know who hate CoD dont do so because it "the cool thing". I hate CoD because its overated as hell. CoD 4 was the last time we saw something new in the series. But all that was done there has been done for years on PC games. So nothing that "reinvented the FPS genre"
2. There is nothing wrong with that, unless standards fall. CoD has really let its standards fall. MW2 had horrible glitches that went months without being fixed, not to mention it is the only series with "reverse leading". As in, you aim in front of a running target (leading) you will miss, but if you aim behind them it counts as a hit. Explain that to me?
3. Didnt buy MW1 or WaW (rented and thought the MP was shit, except zombies). MW2 i rented then bought, kept for a few months then got rid of it. Black Ops i got just for the zombies and campaign (not many games are Vietnam era) But even the story wasnt that original. It was just a rip off of Fight Club at its core.
4. Never played CoD3, heard it was a let down when compared to CoD 2(which was awesome).

Deathhawk
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
1. Most people i know who hate CoD dont do so because it "the cool thing". I hate CoD because its overated as hell.
...Whats the difference?

But even the story wasnt that original. It was just a rip off of Fight Club at its core.
How?

Al Capone111
06-10-2011, 06:03 PM
How?

The whole ending of it. Where it turns out Reznov (post escape) is the main character. No different than Fight Club. Am i really the only person who figured that out?

Yehsus
06-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Anyone else disgusted by this? Halo 3 was to finish the fight. Reach was a nice Prequal, but they need to stop. Don't bleed halo dry just to make money.

Maxdoggy
06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Anyone else disgusted by this? Halo 3 was to finish the fight. Reach was a nice Prequal, but they need to stop. Don't bleed halo dry just to make money.

It's a business, and Microsoft won't let a series that still has milk in the utter go to waste. That's why we have Halo 4.

@Bazonga, this was posted on B.net in the forums and I think it was recently taken down.

Yehsus
06-11-2011, 11:49 PM
It's a business, and Microsoft won't let a series that still has milk in the utter go to waste. That's why we have Halo 4.

I'm well aware, it's just a shame. Halo is an iconic series, even for a fps. Great games are told with story, like my mass effect. While there are only 3 games to the series bioware has a whole universe they can use as a spinoff for mass effect, I just wish halo went down a similar path rather than being butchered into more sequels and having all of the chiefs accomplishments be dragged through the mud.

Who knows this may be good for halo, and I hope I am wrong.

HiiMFaTaL
06-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Yehsus is right. If the people who are making the new Halo games look at the books they have a gold mine of possible games.

Syfe
06-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Keep in mind that the events in the books, at one point; were the actual back story for the Halo universe.

Ever since the addition of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, along with Halo Legends and a couple of other novels; the events in certain books are no longer canon.

I suppose that they could draw material from some of the novels and incorporate it into the gaming side of the franchise, in the process; making certain events that should be official become canonized.

Lucasfilm LTD and the Star Wars franchise, ran into the same conundrum several years ago.

Hopefully, Bungie will get their story straight...and have it adhere to the chronological order of events that took place.

P.S. Where's Linda?

d3ad1te
06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Bungie had the right idea by finishing off MC's legacy with "Wake me when you need me". 343 should continue creating spin-offs like ODST and Reach.

MC does not need to come back, he destroyed the halo, saved earth, and finished off the covenant.

Fiery Grave
06-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Keep in mind that the events in the books, at one point; were the actual back story for the Halo universe.

Ever since the addition of Halo 3 and Halo: Reach, along with Halo Legends and a couple of other novels; the events in certain books are no longer canon.

I suppose that they could draw material from some of the novels and incorporate it into the gaming side of the franchise, in the process; making certain events that should be official become canonized.

Lucasfilm LTD and the Star Wars franchise, ran into the same conundrum several years ago.

Hopefully, Bungie will get their story straight...and have it adhere to the chronological order of events that took place.

P.S. Where's Linda?

so much wrong with this............

The books often are just as cannon as games, the games even have some cannon issues themselves that is changed in previous and later media. The games are not the main source of cannon, the halo bible is.The newer something is doesn't mean its cannon overwrites pre established cannon, its actually more likely to not be accepted as cannon (also much of halo legends is not cannon, the only parts that are considered cannon are the parts of origin II where it tells us stuff we already know about the human covie war, and the arbiters story, the rest is not considered cannon)

They could always give us the real story of reach.... the one we all want and the accurate one that stays true to the original FoR. where we play as SII in a dysfunctional state. they could always make that game. they could make more ODST games where we play ODST's on the first halo ring. They could do stuf with the project orion and the spartan 1.0's and spartan 1.5's.

we can explore so many different areas of the halovers anything for rebel factions to pre covenant contact.

Master cheifs story was written in the Halo bible as a the original trilogy made it out to be, it ended after that. but there are plenty of other stories out there in the same universe that can be told that are not and its sad that they are going to ruin a great game with this needless money grab.

also its not bungie anymore, thats the problem.... its 343 and they do not seem to care about the halo bible as much.... bungie had the general idea of the halo trillogy and its story completed before they released halo CE. they then worked on the story extensively, the halo bible is the result and although we don't get to see or read said bible its great that they had the idea to have everything decided and written down so they don't over do stuff and they don't screw it up.

AftershocK
06-12-2011, 03:36 PM
theres a halo bible? LOL

Fiery Grave
06-12-2011, 04:10 PM
theres a halo bible? LOL

yes its bungie's book that has everything about the halo universe in it. its called the halo bible but its just the absolute everything about halo book

Hazy
06-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm well aware, it's just a shame. Halo is an iconic series, even for a fps. Great games are told with story, like my mass effect. While there are only 3 games to the series bioware has a whole universe they can use as a spinoff for mass effect, I just wish halo went down a similar path rather than being butchered into more sequels and having all of the chiefs accomplishments be dragged through the mud.

Who knows this may be good for halo, and I hope I am wrong.

Essentially, this. Took the same exact words I had in my mind and wrote them down. Congratulations.

Fiery Grave
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Essentially, this. Took the same exact words I had in my mind and wrote them down. Congratulations.

its rare to see yhesus post something smart, agreeable, and not insulting of loco in the same post

Acid
06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
My face after seeing the trailer.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4858540994_2189e41bb5.jpg

William 043 SII
06-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Lol thats pretty funny Acid lovin that pic of you. :D

DeathsVestige
06-15-2011, 10:39 PM
y does it have 2 come out in 2012, YYYYY

William 043 SII
06-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Idk prob to keep us on our feet for anything new they have comming out with Halo 4, but i think its gay theyre doin that, but they better make it good with all the time they have, they can improve the graphics, guns, armor, enviroment, etc.

Silko
06-16-2011, 01:18 AM
Because Halo CE remastered would be over shadowed by Halo 4, plus with Battle Field 3 COD MW 3 it is already a very hot time to drop a game. It is smart to give people a taste of what is to come from 343 with the redone Halo CE to help lure them into Halo 4. Besides, all the extra time will give me time to get max rank on reach >=D

William 043 SII
06-16-2011, 10:06 AM
True I cant wait until this november a lot of shit is bein released.

Juggernaut9473
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
My face after seeing the trailer.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4093/4858540994_2189e41bb5.jpg

that must be what you really look like :p

Al Capone111
06-19-2011, 08:15 PM
I see a beta in the future

Juggernaut9473
06-19-2011, 09:38 PM

they better have one

bazongaman502
06-19-2011, 09:51 PM

i bet there will be, 343 even said they want the future to be user friendly... having a BETA to find the flaws or improvemnets would help out alot... Reach could have been better if it were "more open to the public"

Mithias
06-20-2011, 12:34 AM
At one point in the game Cortona says, according to what they showed at E3 "Chief...their coming back, and this time, theres ALOT more of them!" and they confirmed we met them in one of the games, I'm inclined the think thats it's the flood becuse there an extragalactic species, who knows how many other galaxies they have tried to destroy and sucseeded.

And Mythionion, Galactic civ. 2?

Fiery Grave
06-20-2011, 12:51 AM
At one point in the game Cortona says, according to what they showed at E3 "Chief...their coming back, and this time, theres ALOT more of them!" and they confirmed we met them in one of the games, I'm inclined the think thats it's the flood becuse there an extragalactic species, who knows how many other galaxies they have tried to destroy and sucseeded.

And Mythionion, Galactic civ. 2?

i don't know where they confirmed that we fought them before... I feel its just as likely its the forerunner

Mithias
06-20-2011, 01:03 AM
I way heavily on the Flood, 85 % flood 10% forerunner Rampant A.I's, 3% covenent, 2% something the forerunners met but not humans

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 01:21 AM
At one point in the game Cortona says, according to what they showed at E3 "Chief...their coming back, and this time, theres ALOT more of them!" and they confirmed we met them in one of the games

where did it say this??? cuz i havent heard any of that, and im updated on Halo news alot more often then most people

not calling you a liar or anything, i just want to see where you got this before this goes any further

Mithias
06-20-2011, 01:25 AM
My Uncle works at ?343? and he recorded the entire event, the confermation thing I checked using somputer software a few min. ago, it was editid in, but we know that cortana says "Chief...their coming back, and this time, theres ALOT more of them!"

Mithias
06-20-2011, 01:29 AM
sorry for the Dp but heres some leaked info

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 01:34 AM
My Aunt works in the Xbox division at Microsoft and she updates me everytime something gets mentioned... and this was never told to me... last i heard was that the forerunners will return however the covenant will not... also the Elites might make a return... she has yet to be proven wrong, shes updated me very well on this stuff...

now you say your Uncle works at 343... quick question... where is 343 located??? just checking (not trying to be mean, just seeing if you know)

PS: this does sound convincing, ill call my aunt tomorrow about this and read her that and see what she says... maybe she wasnt informed of this yet

Mithias
06-20-2011, 01:38 AM
I really don't, I live in Texas and I just chat with him on yahoo and facebook, but the video was heavly edidited, but that Cortana quote is accurate, my uncle hasn't failed me yet, he was one of the Bungie now 343 members and he got me into the beta by pulling some strings, too bad my internet was down through most of the Beta, aI've never met him in person, my dads side so Step, and he only me me when I was a baby at my parents wedding

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 01:45 AM
I really don't, I live in Texas and I just chat with him on yahoo and facebook, but the video was heavly edidited, but that Cortana quote is accurate, my uncle hasn't failed me yet, he was one of the Bungie now 343 members and he got me into the beta by pulling some strings, too bad my internet was down through most of the Beta, aI've never met him in person, my dads side so Step, and he only me me when I was a baby at my parents wedding

well thats cool... well im gonna mention this to her and see what she says... she may not know about it and she can see if its true or false... btw 343i is located in Redmond Washington... same with Bungie.. i know these things lol, iv been there lol

Mithias
06-20-2011, 01:46 AM
Never been out of state, I must vist him at somepoint, I hope my source(s) are reliable

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Never been out of state, I must vist him at somepoint, I hope my source(s) are reliable

its alright dude, im not calling you a liar or not (nor will i if your wrong)... finally good to see someone else here in FC is getting this info as well lol

Fiery Grave
06-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Well lets look at it this way, the flood is basically a virus and it takes over any dead body, the flood's gravemind is able to control all flood even at a great distance, and there can't be more than one gravemind at a time.

the flood being a virus/ infection makes it seem harder for there to be "more of them" considering they would have had nothing to infect after the forerunner fired the original rings and the bodies they already had would have been destroyed. the only thing that would have been left is infection forms and spore particles, and the samples stored on the rings and possibly shield worlds. this makes it hard to believe that there is more of them considering those and the fact that cortana being the smart AI that she is (even when rampant AI's are still smart they just generally think they are too good for humans (and cortana may be rampant but asking for the chiefs help because she seems to love him)) would realize that the floods numbers in the fights had before was humongous, it was basically all the covenant on high charity (which was probably close to about 3 billion who wouldn't have been able to escape) and all previously infect humans and covenant.

Okay we know there can only be one gravemind in existence at a time (not counting proto-graveminds) or else their control would conflict. we also know that graveminds share memories with ones from the past who died. So if it were the flood they wouldn't have anything more than a proto-gravemind able to control them. A proto gravemind does not execute smart, complicated plans and wouldn't necessarily be fun to fight. Also if they share memories (the the slight chance a new gravemind was formed) this grave mind would know how to deal with the chief better and the location of earth and would have went right there.

also since the gravemind can control flood across the universe with out being there the one from the previous game would have known about these flood and most likely utilized them.

Cortana has very good knowledge on what happened in the past involving forerunner, and maybe even precursor. She may be saying that the Precursors are coming back (for those who don't know the precursors were the race that created both humans and forerunner and humans and forerunner were once equal in power and tech). though i feel its unlikely to be precursor i think it might be forerunner.

no matter what it is they are probably going to fuck it up some how.

Watch it actually be a retrofitted SoF (if you don't know what SoF is you wont get it anyways) and when chief and cortana get aboard the rest of the game is running around getting parts with the other spartans for cortana and serina's plan to get home.

Mithias
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Well lets look at it this way, the flood is basically a virus and it takes over any dead body, the flood's gravemind is able to control all flood even at a great distance, and there can't be more than one gravemind at a time.

the flood being a virus/ infection makes it seem harder for there to be "more of them" considering they would have had nothing to infect after the forerunner fired the original rings and the bodies they already had would have been destroyed. the only thing that would have been left is infection forms and spore particles, and the samples stored on the rings and possibly shield worlds. this makes it hard to believe that there is more of them considering those and the fact that cortana being the smart AI that she is (even when rampant AI's are still smart they just generally think they are too good for humans (and cortana may be rampant but asking for the chiefs help because she seems to love him)) would realize that the floods numbers in the fights had before was humongous, it was basically all the covenant on high charity (which was probably close to about 3 billion who wouldn't have been able to escape) and all previously infect humans and covenant.

Okay we know there can only be one gravemind in existence at a time (not counting proto-graveminds) or else their control would conflict. we also know that graveminds share memories with ones from the past who died. So if it were the flood they wouldn't have anything more than a proto-gravemind able to control them. A proto gravemind does not execute smart, complicated plans and wouldn't necessarily be fun to fight. Also if they share memories (the the slight chance a new gravemind was formed) this grave mind would know how to deal with the chief better and the location of earth and would have went right there.

also since the gravemind can control flood across the universe with out being there the one from the previous game would have known about these flood and most likely utilized them.

Cortana has very good knowledge on what happened in the past involving forerunner, and maybe even precursor. She may be saying that the Precursors are coming back (for those who don't know the precursors were the race that created both humans and forerunner and humans and forerunner were once equal in power and tech). though i feel its unlikely to be precursor i think it might be forerunner.

no matter what it is they are probably going to fuck it up some how.

Watch it actually be a retrofitted SoF (if you don't know what SoF is you wont get it anyways) and when chief and cortana get aboard the rest of the game is running around getting parts with the other spartans for cortana and serina's plan to get home.

Well according to the books and the terminals in Halo 3, Flood are extragalactic, from another galaxie, and there is a theroized((by humans)) stage after the gravemind where it sends memebers out of the galaxie, the graveminds influnace is usally limied to one galaxy, however close galaxies might be partily controlled by one grave mind, same thing with massive galaxies, what if there is a final flood super form that is in there home galaxy that controls even the gravemonds, effictivly it's the FM and they are just Commanding Officers

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Alright i talked to my aunt today after my classes ended and read this to her... heres what she said via email (she was at work still, w=usually we talk via phone, but not this time):

"I never heard of this info, however it doesnt mean its wrong. Last knowledge i was told was that the Forerunners were making a big appearence, however not the main enemy. Also the Halo 4 storyline isn't fully finnished, however what has been done is basically finalized. Now since they said "this is a beginning of a NEW Trilogy", thats meaning there will be 3 more. So obviously Halo 4 wouldnt bring an end to MC or the main enemy...

Also no many people would want the flood to really make a return due to them being considered "annoying" and far to easy to kill... The Halo Fanbase wants a challenge, the covenant did bring a challenge at first, however people adapted and they became to easy. Bringing back former enemys wouldnt make sence unless the story never really finnished (aka Elites)... Yes the Elites did help the humans, but doesnt mean a fued still couldnt happen.

The only info that was released that i am aware of is that of what iv told you.

Hope this helped."

So apparently she wasnt informed of this or it isnt true, but she does see it as a possibility, i guess we will have to wait till more info does get released.

EDIT: She also kinda got mad at me thinking that im telling people this stuff >.< of course im not >.<

Mithias
06-20-2011, 11:39 PM
It is a "Leak", and Leaks arn't very reliable, but I like the flood, I think if they made a return from another galaxie, probably breeding the sentients from that galaxy for food and bodies, I think they'll be smarter and tougher and more adaptable then enimies in the previous games, making there return at first unloved, and I don't think they'll be a major factor till Halo 5, they might become a challenge even for vetrans such as brigiders with True Skills of 50 in Halo 3

Fiery Grave
06-21-2011, 12:12 AM
It is a "Leak", and Leaks arn't very reliable, but I like the flood, I think if they made a return from another galaxie, probably breeding the sentients from that galaxy for food and bodies, I think they'll be smarter and tougher and more adaptable then enimies in the previous games, making there return at first unloved, and I don't think they'll be a major factor till Halo 5, they might become a challenge even for vetrans such as brigiders with True Skills of 50 in Halo 3

so much bad spelling and lack of knowledge in parts too obvious to feel like i have no need to point it out....

if the flood take over other forms of life from other planets we might as well fight them... and they will never make a game so hard that its difficult on normal for those high level players.

and flood don't breed, the consume other life forms... and did you even play halo 1? go play the library on legendary by yourself... the flood can be tough...

this is how its set up for the combat structure
Covies> humans > flood > covies. (though in games its seems more like Humans> covies > flood > humans but that's because we play as Spartans) the covies have stronger individual units, but less of them, which can slaughter the slightly weaker, but slightly more numerous, humans but because there are less units for the covie when they fight the flood they still have to use all their force to kill a single unit which is way to excessive for the weakness of the flood, which have a largest numbers and overwhelm them.

humans stand in the middle, they are better at dealing with the flood than covies but can still be overwhelmed when in smaller numbers.

long story short flood can be challenging.... and if you feel the halo games were too easy play through halo 2 legendary with all difficulty multiplyer skulls on. or any one with all skulls on.

Mithias
06-21-2011, 12:25 AM
flood themselves don't breed, but a smart gravemind will keep some of every species alive to increase the army size and replace killed flood, and I've beat a;; the games on legendary.

d3ad1te
06-21-2011, 12:33 AM
DA FLOOD.

Actually my favorite adversary in any video game.

Fiery Grave
06-21-2011, 09:16 AM
flood themselves don't breed, but a smart gravemind will keep some of every species alive to increase the army size and replace killed flood, and I've beat a;; the games on legendary.
no it doesn't.... the flood consume all.... it would make sense to do that but they just consume all. You have to think the flood is supposed to be a representation of the flood that killed everything in the bible... the only thing that lived was the animals and people on Noah's ark (The Ark) the flood purge the universe and then die off leaving only those on the ark left.

also though the flood is claimed to be extra galactic we don`t know this for sure because the forerunner just believed that because they got attacked out of no where, but the flood have no means of space travel on their own so it seems odd they would have been able to attack like that. its believe that the precursors were the ones who created the flood

and honestly i find it hard to believe you beat them all on legendary, especially halo 2 and halo wars.... tell me what account did you beat them on?

and if you can beat them all on legendary solo (any one can beat them co-op) i would like to see you acquire the "monument to all your sins" achievement by the end of the week.

and can you tell me the name

of your old account?

sorry but i am very skeptical of your stories

Deathhawk
06-21-2011, 10:56 AM
and honestly i find it hard to believe you beat them all on legendary, especially halo 2 and halo wars.... tell me what account did you beat them on?
and if you can beat them all on legendary solo (any one can beat them co-op) i would like to see you acquire the "monument to all your sins" achievement by the end of the week.
That's just fiery, don't mind him.

I've beat all the games on Legendary.... Reach was easiest, imo.

HiiMFaTaL
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Flood = Zerg and thats that.

AftershocK
06-21-2011, 01:42 PM
the halo games arent hard on legendary solo....except odst that game was a bithc and a half lol

Fiery Grave
06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
truth

the halo games arent hard on legendary solo....except odst that game was a bithc and a half lol

the only one i found hard was H2, ODST was a breeze

And deathhawk I am alowed to be skeptical... he has said some things that make me doubt he played H3 very much and he would have been 4 or 5 when halo 1 came out

Mithias
06-21-2011, 08:18 PM
I didn't get halo till I was 8....6 years ago and I breezed through it after a month stuck on Heroic

d3ad1te
06-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Necromorph=Flood=Zerg=Tyr anids=Xenomorphs

Hazy
06-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Necromorph=Flood=Zerg=Tyr anids=Xenomorphs

NO!

Necromorph=Uncensored Flood.

Mithias
06-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I have proof the flood are extra-galactic, watch The Flood video on Halo Waypoint, it syas so and 343/Bungie made the video

Fiery Grave
06-23-2011, 12:39 AM
I have proof the flood are extra-galactic, watch The Flood video on Halo Waypoint, it syas so and 343/Bungie made the video

but so were forerunners and precursors... its still a very good theory that the precursors made the flood, just like they made humans and the forerunners. and we don't know if the flood even originated from another planet, all we know was that they were not always in the milky way, and then boom they appeared. so they could very well be created.

simply put that while the forerunners were tier 1 on the technological scale, precursors are tier 0 and basically god like and have the ability to create and manipulate life

Nocte
06-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Ask Andi about the flood. They are nothing more then zombies. Ancient zombies. Halo Cryptum explains the flood.

And I do believe the gravemind in a precusor. Don't quote me on that though.

Bodaciousbaconn
06-23-2011, 11:58 AM
And I do believe the gravemind in a precusor. Don't quote me on that though.

Quoted. I just recently finished Cryptum, and I also believe the Gravemind is a precursor.

Mithias
06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
but so were forerunners and precursors... its still a very good theory that the precursors made the flood, just like they made humans and the forerunners. and we don't know if the flood even originated from another planet, all we know was that they were not always in the milky way, and then boom they appeared. so they could very well be created.

simply put that while the forerunners were tier 1 on the technological scale, precursors are tier 0 and basically god like and have the ability to create and manipulate life

Ah but we still have to remember that it was the forerunners who wiped out the precourcers in a civil war, and deystroyed almost all precourcer artifacts and technology, so the same situation occured when we used the forerunner technolgy to deystroy the covenent.

The jackels are mercenaries
Elites founders/Millitary((in reach setting))
Prophets are founders/Religion
Grunts Canon fodder/main infantry
Drones areil combatents/ scouts
Engineers support units
HUnters/Scarabs((made of same creature)) most powerfull covenent units
Brutes strike force/Elite replacers AKA truths faveriots

So while the covenent, even without elites, population was greater then the humans at the start, they also only killed us off as our very exsistance said the forerunners were till alive and had not ascended.

Fiery Grave
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Ah but we still have to remember that it was the forerunners who wiped out the precourcers in a civil war, and deystroyed almost all precourcer artifacts and technology, so the same situation occured when we used the forerunner technolgy to deystroy the covenent.

The forerunner wiped out the precursors with the help of Humans, also the precursor were not very numerous they just had great technology.

The jackels are mercenaries
Elites founders/Millitary((in reach setting))
Prophets are founders/Religion
Grunts Canon fodder/main infantry
Drones areil combatents/ scouts
Engineers support units
HUnters/Scarabs((made of same creature)) most powerfull covenent units
Brutes strike force/Elite replacers AKA truths faveriots

So while the covenent, even without elites, population was greater then the humans at the start, they also only killed us off as our very exsistance said the forerunners were till alive and had not ascended.

The covenant as a whole was more numerous (pretty much solely because of grunts) but humans were the species that was most numerous (Pre war) besides grunts... their population eclipsed jackals, elites, prophets, and brutes.

the Prophets of Truth, Mercy, and Regret started the war with the humans because the monitor of the dreadnaught and the luminaries on the ships (which detected forerunner artifacts) reads humans as reclaimers (reclaiming what the forerunners left behind) which the phrophets mistook as forerunner. and if not all the forerunner went to "paradise" the covenant would crumble under the fact that they didn't transcend... basically... thats the short version

Mithias
06-23-2011, 09:47 PM
That was pretty much the long version of mine, and the Legekko were actully the mos numerous by popultion, but less then ten percent of them were used for millitary, and there are 3.5 millon per scarab

Fiery Grave
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
That was pretty much the long version of mine, and the Legekko were actully the mos numerous by popultion, but less then ten percent of them were used for millitary, and there are 3.5 millon per scarab

the lekgolo (military ones) were very numerous but to equal the power of a human several million were needed.... i did not count them either because they are just controlled they don't choose who they fight for

Mithias
06-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Actully no not really, the Legekko homeworld is rich in forerunner artifacts, so the covenent had to win through ground forces and were pushed into the defensive, but the worms feared they would glass the planet, so they came to an agreement, all worms that had damaged forerunner artifacts would be killed and the rest would be spared, and all covenent memebrs were to supply millitary forces, so the hunters and scarebs were born

Fiery Grave
06-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Actully no not really, the Legekko homeworld is rich in forerunner artifacts, so the covenent had to win through ground forces and were pushed into the defensive, but the worms feared they would glass the planet, so they came to an agreement, all worms that had damaged forerunner artifacts would be killed and the rest would be spared, and all covenent memebrs were to supply millitary forces, so the hunters and scarebs were born

again they are being controlled... if given the opportunity they wouldn't fight fore the prophets... and not all covenant are required to join military. at first it was solely elites but they slowly let other races fight when they have proven capable.

Mithias
06-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I din't count the jackels as covenent becuse they are being paid to fight and do missions, the others arn't, there paid in wepons ships and technologies

EriRi 1138
06-28-2011, 01:54 AM
I've also read Cryptum. The material that made the Flood (a greenish gas/powder substance) was found aboard an abandoned vessel that entered our galaxy from somewhere else. The human race actually accidentally developed the flood through cross breading animals with this powder; side effects included cancerous growths and cannibalism between these animals (typically dogs were used because it made them more loyal or lived longer or something sciencey.) and after years of evolution and continued cross breeding the Flood was officially hostile.

The vid from Waypoint gives you the Sparknotes version of all that :P

And i'm not sure whether or not Gravemind is a Precursor or not. Obviously Cryptum hints at it, but how would that make sense? Any Gravemind-class Flood being is simply the collected body mass of corpses or fallen Flood forms, pooled together with a shared compound mind.

So what I think is that possibly the CONSCIOUSNESS of a Precursor is dominant in it's later form as Gravemind.

But that's just IMO.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
06-29-2011, 12:43 AM
All i wanna know is... where did chief get the jet pack?

EriRi 1138
06-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Troll.

zZ Dr K Zz
06-29-2011, 02:22 AM
"Halo 4: You thought you Finished the Fight?! Well, you were fucking wrong. CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!"

I vote that as the new tagline for the game.

Maxdoggy
06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
"Halo 4: You thought you Finished the Fight?! Well, you were fucking wrong. CHECK THIS SHIT OUT!"

I vote that as the new tagline for the game.

+1 vCash for Dr K, anyone? Lmao.

XxClearSh0txX
06-29-2011, 12:13 PM

I vote that as the new tagline for the game.:Dlmao!

Juggernaut9473
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
+1 vCash for Dr K, anyone? Lmao.

agreed

William 043 SII
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Haha wow, this was posted by me a long time ago, I didnt expect to get this much feed back. I think this is the most popular thread I've seen on FC.
Kinda happy that we all still care about this game although it's made by a different company.

Fiery Grave
07-21-2011, 06:34 PM
not even close to being the most popular thread.... some have got 46+ pages

bazongaman502
07-21-2011, 06:39 PM
not even close to being the most popular thread.... some have got 46+ pages

and alot of them go off subject many times throughout it... but yes, this isnt the most popular thread... however its probably one of the only ones thats stayed on the topic throughout the whole time

d3ad1te
07-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I mean we dont know shit about Halo 4 yet. What is there to talk about?

Fiery Grave
07-21-2011, 07:33 PM
and alot of them go off subject many times throughout it... but yes, this isnt the most popular thread... however its probably one of the only ones thats stayed on the topic throughout the whole time

not some lol

I mean we dont know shit about Halo 4 yet. What is there to talk about?

exactly.... i kind of hope it never gets made

Lightning
07-21-2011, 08:31 PM
I as well ;) I have my ways.

Mithias
08-17-2011, 12:29 PM
My uncle works at 343 on the halo 4 project :)...................I will say nothing, surprise those that don't have the inside word

L0rd Kanti
08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
My uncle works at 343 on the halo 4 project :)...................I will say nothing, surprise those that don't have the inside word

pics or it didnt happen

Fiery Grave
08-17-2011, 09:11 PM
pics or it didnt happen

i agree, we have like 6 people here saying that they are getting this info... but if your family was really telling you this stuff it would be a breach of their security contract and they could be fired and fined lots of money

OzzyIzSick
08-17-2011, 09:20 PM
They're all liars.... Only i have inside information.

Scarekro
08-17-2011, 11:56 PM

You just reminded me of something.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA4tG4OGI8k

Fiery Grave
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
lol that was hilarious,

Lightning
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Not sure what to say :/

Lol.