PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 3.6

Mythonian
06-20-2011, 01:37 AM
FC Update 3.6

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/BLUE%20Update%20Pics/cp_spoiler.png

In this Update...

Standing Out
How About a Little Competition?
vCash Store Revamping
Declassified Intel

Profile Customizations, a Guide!

Recently, it has been enabled for everyone to customize their profiles! However, it is somewhat complicated, and you may want to give up before even giving it a shot... So, here is a brief how-to of what most of it means.

If you already know what you're doing, skip the rest of this section.

To customize, just go to your profile (link near the top of the page, under your name), and you'll see a row of buttons above your information; the first button says "customize."

Click it.

A lot of options appear, and if you aren't prepared you'll have no idea what to mess with and what to leave alone.

I'm not going to go through each and every one, since most are obvious.

However, be aware:

Module: The link near the top of the active module, which is by default Visitor Messaging.
Inactive Modules: The other links that go to the other modules, excluding the active one. Includes the left sidebar.
Buttons: Should be obvious.
Content: The areas where most of the information in the modules is put. For example, the actual message send in the Visitor Messages is included in the Content section.
Header: the title area for the content. For example, where the name, timestamp, etc. for the visitor messages is located.

Once you make any changes, click "Save" at the top. Depending on your screen resolution, it might appear to "freeze" after that. It is a bug I've been working on. For the moment, just refresh the page (F5) or navigate away and it will work fine.

If you have detailed questions or concerns about anything, feel free to contact me.

Time To Show Your Creativity!

Are you a master at customizing your profile yet? Good, because we're going to see who can do it best!

Everyone is being encouraged to give some effort to making a unique, efficient, and fluid profile that looks good and shows their individuality.

We will be giving prizes for the winners, as follows:
1st Place: 2,000 vCash
2nd Place: 1,000 vCash
3rd Place: 500 vCash
Participation: 100 vCash
We want everyone to participate, so you'll get 100 vCash just for entering the contest and doing anything to your profile.

The War Council will judge entrants and decide upon the top 5 profiles. Then, the community will vote on it to decide the final outcome! Judging will begin next Sunday, June 26.

As an example of what you can do for your profiles, check mine out (http://fcwars.net/forums/member.php?9-Mythonian). Don't worry though, I won't be entering the contest. ^_^

To enter the contest post in this thread (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?2403-Profile-Customization-Contest).

Also, be sure that yours is original! I look forward to a lot of very unique and aesthetically pleasing profiles! Here is something to give you a bit of a "mind-blast!"

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/129735693475.gif

vCash, Now Worth Something!

For awhile, vCash hasn't been worth much. Well, we've come up with a few more ideas to add to the store that might let you guys use it to have a bit of fun, or add some flare to your posts.

The new vCash Store (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?1314-VCash-Store):

Army Credits: 100 vCash for 10 Credits - Transfer your vCash into actual army credits that can help your army turn the tide of war!
Sig Sabotage: 500 vCash per 12 hours - Take control of someone's signature and make it include anything you wish! May be restricted by an Admin to prevent excessive or inappropriate use.
Avatar Sabotage: 500 vCash per 12 hours - Same as above, but affects the avatar instead.
Colored User Title: 1,000 vCash - Adds a color to a single line of the user title. Must have already bought a Custom User Title.
Custom User Title: 2,000 vCash - Allows the user title above their avatar/ribbons to be customized to anything appropriate that fits within a single line.
Extra User Title: 2,000 vCash - Adds a second line to the user title, which may be customized. Must have already bought a Custom User Title. Maximum of 4 lines.

Be sure to contact a Forerunner to make a purchase!

The Accords, Version 2.0

This is what you've all been waiting for! We've been officially working on these Accords since the beginning of May, and in about a month and a half we've got a finished product.

> > > > LINK < < < < (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?2390-The-FC-Accords-2.0)

I heavily suggest you guys read through it from the beginning again. We changed a LOT of it from the old Accords. Basically, it was rewritten from scratch, each and every Article.

I'll leave you wish this: Have you ever wondered what would happen if Skynet got angry? Well, this is what happened the last time someone angered the Robot!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/129376475922.gif

...And now you know why Atlantis doesn't exist anymore. They angered Skynet.

{lol. I couldn't resist it when I found that gif...}

~Forerunner Mythonian

bazongaman502
06-20-2011, 02:19 AM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/129735693475.gif

mind=blowen... and apparently his mouth >.<

I'll leave you wish this: Have you ever wondered what would happen if Skynet got angry? Well, this is what happened the last time someone angered the Robot!

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/lawl/129376475922.gif

...And now you know why Atlantis doesn't exist anymore. They angered Skynet.

{lol. I couldn't help it}

Damn lol

Captain Poder
06-20-2011, 02:39 AM
<Mythbot><COMMAND> activate dropkick function to uneccessary protocols within infected system</COMMAND>

LocoCrazy
06-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Sig Sabotauge underway. Yehsus and Kuhblam. look the fuck out!

Kuhblam
06-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Sig Sabotauge underway. Yehsus and Kuhblam. look the fuck out!

Challenge accepted, mortal.

~Kuhblam

silversleek
06-20-2011, 09:41 AM
4.10 of the new accords, "Every week, 10 reinforcements per map you control are placed on your Capital map. These troops will be placed every Monday and cannot be moved until the next week."

seems a bit pointless. sure, the new troops can't be moved untill the next week, but wouldn't it be possible to just move a different squad on your capital map? for example: you have 50, then get 10 more on a monday for 60. You can't move the new ten, but couldn't you move an old squad from that map bringing you down to 50 again?

sorry if i'm not being that clear. i'm not the best with explanations.

Mythonian
06-20-2011, 10:14 AM
4.10 of the new accords, "Every week, 10 reinforcements per map you control are placed on your Capital map. These troops will be placed every Monday and cannot be moved until the next week."

seems a bit pointless. sure, the new troops can't be moved untill the next week, but wouldn't it be possible to just move a different squad on your capital map? for example: you have 50, then get 10 more on a monday for 60. You can't move the new ten, but couldn't you move an old squad from that map bringing you down to 50 again?

sorry if i'm not being that clear. i'm not the best with explanations.

Nice to see someone actually read it in detail!

You get 10 reinforcements for every map you control. If your army has 9 maps, you get 90 reinforcements.

They are placed when the Attack Plans are posted, meaning that the Field Marshals made their plans and submitted them to the Battle Map Coordinator before those troops were placed on the Capital, and couldn't move them.

Here is an example of how it would work out (Capital starts with 100 troops, says III:2.1):

NOTE: I'm pretending that you start with 10 maps.

Week 1

Moves 50 troops from Capital to other map
100 troops spawn on the Capital.

Week 2

Moves 100 troops from Capital to other map
100 troops spawn on Capital.

etc.

You'll always be moving the troops from the previous week out of your Capital, except that more troops will be spawned to defend your Capital just in case.

silversleek
06-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Nice to see someone actually read it in detail!

You get 10 reinforcements for every map you control. If your army has 9 maps, you get 90 reinforcements.

They are placed when the Attack Plans are posted, meaning that the Field Marshals made their plans and submitted them to the Battle Map Coordinator before those troops were placed on the Capital, and couldn't move them.

Here is an example of how it would work out (Capital starts with 100 troops, says III:2.1):

NOTE: I'm pretending that you start with 10 maps.

Week 1

Moves 50 troops from Capital to other map
100 troops spawn on the Capital.

Week 2

Moves 100 troops from Capital to other map
100 troops spawn on Capital.

etc.

You'll always be moving the troops from the previous week out of your Capital, except that more troops will be spawned to defend your Capital just in case.

ooooohhh i see. thanks.

RetRdidMunkie
06-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Fuckin with sigs and avatars could cause problems....

...I know for a fact I'd get mad as fuck if anyone fucked with my sigs.....

...Even if it was ok'd by HC...

Juggernaut9473
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
but see munkie, not one single person in this community is dumb enough to fuck with you

Andimion
06-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Hmmm... This will be interesting..

Mythonian
06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I just realized that I forgot to make a signup thread for the contest.

If you want to enter the Profile Customization Contest for a chance to win some vCash and a shoutout in the next news post, post in this thread (http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?2403-Profile-Customization-Contest)!

Mythonian
06-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Once you make any changes, click "Save" at the top. Depending on your screen resolution, it might appear to "freeze" after that. It is a bug I've been working on. For the moment, just refresh the page (F5) or navigate away and it will work fine.

This should now be fixed. If anyone is still having issues trying to save, revert, or anything else, just let me know.