PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns

d3ad1te
06-23-2011, 06:45 PM
What is a Campaign? Basically it would be like a regular war, just with its own back-story/plot.( and they would probably run a few weeks shorter than an actual war)

1. We could have many of the talented writers on these forums come-up with several campaign ideas.

2. I(and other artists) could create trailers for these campaigns, detailing the conflict/plot.

3. A talented GFX artists could create a custom battle map and the community could create forged maps tailored for each campaign.

Examples.

War-time Campaigns
The BLUE army finds a Halo Array, REDD rushes to stop them from harvesting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Play on maps that include the Halo.

Peace-Time Campaigns
An uneasy alliance is made between REDD and BLUE as they try and stop an infection from killing the entire human population. Basically just a Infection campaign to keep people occupied during peacetime.

Think its a great idea to keep people interested in FC and even advance our own backstory. Not to mention a lot of the fan-fiction our forum-mates are writing would actually be about real battles in the war.(plus machinimas)

silversleek
06-23-2011, 06:52 PM
What is a Campaign? Basically it would be like a regular war, just with its own back-story/plot.( and they would probably run a few weeks shorter than an actual war)

1. We could have many of the talented writers on these forums come-up with several campaign ideas.

2. I(and other artists) could create trailers for these campaigns, detailing the conflict/plot.

3. A talented GFX artists could create a custom battle map and the community could create forged maps tailored for each campaign.

Examples.

War-time Campaigns
The BLUE army finds a Halo Array, REDD rushes to stop them from harvesting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Play on maps that include the Halo.

Peace-Time Campaigns
An uneasy alliance is made between REDD and BLUE as they try and stop an infection from killing the entire human population. Basically just a Infection campaign to keep people occupied during peacetime.

Think its a great idea to keep people interested in FC and even advance our own backstory. Not to mention a lot of the fan-fiction our forum-mates are writing would actually be about real battles in the war.(plus machinimas)

i like the campaign/mini war idea. it would give a chance for some good invasion gameplay.

Vestige
06-23-2011, 06:55 PM
It would work I could help write the story was going to in in my story "Reaching X-Ray" how these wars started (well my own way I guess)

Fiery Grave
06-23-2011, 07:05 PM
the only problem i see with it is that often times HC and higher groups use peace time too change things and work on fixing things... if they have to manage another set of battles on top of that it could be a bit harder

GhostHammer
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I was thinking somthing similar as of late.

We all talk about the "Risk" feeling of the battle map, and I had thought maybe the Forerunners could have a bunch of secret missions that an army would be assigned at random during a war. Completion of thismission could give them extra credits, troops, etc and thus could also impact what maps become more important, thus a direct route to the capital may not be as beneficial.

Just a thought. Do love the in war stuff, outside of the war would be awesome but as Eagle said it could be tough to adjust/fix stuff while doing this at the same time.

Nocte
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Honestly I love the idea, they wouldn't be so much as actual battle-nights rather a few pre-selected squads fight for control of the maps. Then from the outcome FC writers can get a detailed report and write about it.

GhostHammer
06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Honestly I love the idea, they wouldn't be so much as actual battle-nights rather a few pre-selected squads fight for control of the maps. Then from the outcome FC writers can get a detailed report and write about it.

This would also give meaning to squads about their histories and well known battles, lus allows for "special forces" on certain campaign objectives.

VerbotenDonkey
06-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Yes, I've always been wanting to impliment actually meaning into some of the War battles instead of just like slayer. Doesnt have the same war-sim feel to it as say, actually forged objectives might.

Deadite, you should totally forge some maps like that like Battlefield Halo, only FC Halo xD

d3ad1te
06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
the only problem i see with it is that often times HC and higher groups use peace time too change things and work on fixing things... if they have to manage another set of battles on top of that it could be a bit harder

It wouldn't be on-top of battle nights, it would replace them. Its very similar concept to what we have now just more story involved.

And in peace-time non HC members would be able to participate in more story driven battles(aka an infection campaign or FC Olympics haha)

This would also give meaning to squads about their histories and well known battles, lus allows for "special forces" on certain campaign objectives.

Exactly. A better written history of FC, we just need dedicated writers(which we have) and I would personally create videos for them.(we have more video editors as-well).

It'd be awesome to see people talking about a vicious Halo Array campaign from 2011.(or in FC years 2611)

zZ Dr K Zz
06-24-2011, 01:15 AM
This is interesting. I can try to write a mock story about both armies and the main reasons why they fight and why they fight in certain gametypes. Not sure when I will be able to write it, but it won't be too long.

d3ad1te
06-24-2011, 01:23 AM
This is interesting. I can try to write a mock story about both armies and the main reasons why they fight and why they fight in certain gametypes. Not sure when I will be able to write it, but it won't be too long.
We should keep what fiction we have now, I know stories like The Fires of Heaven and The Ruins of Reach were worked very hard on. We should try and come up with Campaign ideas and why each army would be driven to takeover lets say... A Forerunner Shield World or a Halo Array.

Then once the story is laid out... forgers from our community would create maps(maybe with the people who created the idea for the campaign).

After I(or someone else) would create a trailer for the campaign. We would release it when every-thing is ready.

So basically instead of "wars" we would have "campaigns" heh

GhostHammer
06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
xactly. A better written history of FC, we just need dedicated writers(which we have) and I would personally create videos for them.(we have more video editors as-well).

I'd be willing to write for this!

Nocte
06-24-2011, 03:01 AM
I would be willing to write aswell.

zZ Dr K Zz
06-24-2011, 03:35 AM
We should keep what fiction we have now, I know stories like The Fires of Heaven and The Ruins of Reach were worked very hard on. We should try and come up with Campaign ideas and why each army would be driven to takeover lets say... A Forerunner Shield World or a Halo Array.

Then once the story is laid out... forgers from our community would create maps(maybe with the people who created the idea for the campaign).

After I(or someone else) would create a trailer for the campaign. We would release it when every-thing is ready.

So basically instead of "wars" we would have "campaigns" heh
I see now.

But we should also write it so that it affects the war after that.

Say we write about how Redd and Blue are fighting for a Halo Array as you said and say that Blue ends up winning and capturing it. That Array will need to be incorporated into the next Campaign (War) in some way (mostly a cosmetic way).

And if that does happen we could have it where Redd is fighting on Blues capital map (if that happens) and the Array can be built in or around the map.

I'm just spitballing here though.

d3ad1te
06-24-2011, 03:37 AM
The "war" is the Forerunner Conflict. Sooo instead of individual "wars" we have "campaigns".

GhostHammer
06-24-2011, 08:09 AM
What deadite is saying is that the "War" is the entire thing, the campaigns become what an army "wins".

If I'm understanding this right?

Kuhblam
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
Just dropping in to say something real quick: If you write any fiction, please keep it in the context of the story that I have provided. As Deadite said, I've worked very hard on that and am still working on it behind the scenes although nothing has come out of it in awhile.

On a side-note, great idea!

~Kuhblam

d3ad1te
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
What deadite is saying is that the "War" is the entire thing, the campaigns become what an army "wins".

Exactly!

I believe it just makes more sense this way, and it's more fun. Adding in these elements will immerse soldiers in the FC universe. Infact you guys already had your first campaign, The second battle of Reach.

Not to mention I will try and edit up a sic intro video to the first few campaigns! then maybe carpe or someone else would like to make a few. WE could switch on and off or create multiple ones for the same campaign.

Juggernaut9473
06-24-2011, 12:27 PM
this sounds like a great idea

Nicholas Sapien
06-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Best Idea EVER
But will be on battle night or it will be a separate day and in doing these campaigns they have some turnout in the war?

d3ad1te
06-24-2011, 12:43 PM

This

Say we write about how Redd and Blue are fighting for a Halo Array as you said and say that Blue ends up winning and capturing it. That Array will need to be incorporated into the next Campaign (War) in some way (mostly a cosmetic way).

And if that does happen we could have it where Redd is fighting on Blues capital map (if that happens) and the Array can be built in or around the map.

And this! Good idea Dr. K

Link2Halo
06-29-2011, 09:15 AM

Examples.

War-time Campaigns

Peace-Time Campaigns

I think that its a great idea, it would add a whole new layer of depth for the community, and for people to show off their talents some more than they could have.

d3ad1te
06-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Hopefully we can implement this.

aG TryHardNinja
06-30-2011, 05:56 AM
I'm up for this man seem pretty cool also will keep many people occupied ;)

Kuhblam
06-30-2011, 06:26 PM
This sounds rather good. You have my sponsorship in the HC/WC for implementation. When I get home, I'll put it up for discussion with the rest of the brass.

~Kuhblam

Link2Halo
07-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I think this would be great maybe these campaigns could be apart of some prize or bonus thing that the winning army would use in the next war or maybe vCash

Puba
08-06-2011, 05:23 PM
great idea i think that would be cool fully support it