PDA

View Full Version : Drafts

KMS Ahrnaiaenin
06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Greetings,

Does Vbulletin supporter a drafts feature? One of the great features I loved about phpbb is that I can save a thread/post as a draft before submitting it.

Maybe I'm the only one who is slightly picky about how my wording and phrasing is in posts, but this would be a great feature to add in if possible.

Thanks,
KMS

Mythonian
06-26-2011, 02:06 PM
vBulletin version 4.1.4 has an autosave feature that prevents content from being lost, but we currently have version 4.1.2.

There are multiple ways to achieve the effects of a draft system without vBulletin explicitly supporting it, though.
1. While typing a post, click "Preview." It will cache it until you close your browser, and you can finish it later.
2. Type it up in a message with the recipient being yourself, and you'll effectively send the message to yourself so you can finish it later.
3. Type it up on your computer in a word document or something and copy/paste it when ready to post.
4. Etc.

KMS Ahrnaiaenin
06-28-2011, 09:26 PM
Mythonian,

Thanks, believe it or not though, I am smart enough to figure out how to live without it by myself. ;)

Thanks for clarifying if this version of vBulleting had it though. Much obliged.

-- KMS