PDA

View Full Version : No more "Babies"

RaZ Vader
06-29-2011, 12:04 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/FrenchFryGuy515/crying-baby.jpg

1. Any person(s) under the age of 15 will not be allowed to join in the Forerunner Conflict community. A person must be 15 years of age or older in order to qualify for the registration process.

You read that? Its now official. So what does this mean? SIMPLE:

• ALL RECRUITS from now until the end of FC must be at least the AGE of 15 in order to join our community.
• BUT.. What if I am currently younger then 15? GULP Well you are lucky, this will not affect you. If you are younger then 15, you are allowed to remain in our community, since this rule was not enforced upon you joining

Pretty easy to understand. All recruiters make sure you ask their DATE OF BIRTH, and not their age.. and just do some simple math to see how old they are, if you have any doubt on their age.

~RAZ!

Nocte
06-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Math? Oh shit.....

VerbotenDonkey
06-29-2011, 12:09 AM
I think this is a bit over the top ... I mean I joined when I was 14, I was certainly stable.

RaZ Vader
06-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I think this is a bit over the top ... I mean I joined when I was 14, I was certainly stable.

But you were one of a very few who can be.

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
yay we have eliminated the "Squeak Factor"

VerbotenDonkey
06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm just stating that you may be losing a lot of potential. Yeah, you may be at the age 13 as well, but I understand that being a bit more immature age. However 13-14 are more heightened on the maturity list. Theyre also the more interested ones at the thought of war-sims. But its not my place to argue, I suppose.

Just curious, any reason this rule is coming about? Any incidents?

RaZ Vader
06-29-2011, 12:15 AM
I'm just stating that you may be losing a lot of potential. Yeah, you may be at the age 13 as well, but I understand that being a bit more immature age. However 13-14 are more heightened on the maturity list. Theyre also the more interested ones at the thought of war-sims. But its not my place to argue, I suppose.

Just curious, any reason this rule is coming about? Any incidents?

Well, there will always be people who agree and disagree, The council voted on this (majority) We all feel that it will help our image a great deal. Although I myself have came across mature 13 and 14 year olds, but very seldom. But to answer your question, no incidences that I am aware of occurred to conspire this decision.

Nocte
06-29-2011, 12:23 AM
iUncontrollable in REDD is a fine example. He was 13 and thought he was better then the entire community.... His voice also annoyed the piss out of everyone.

EriRi 1138
06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
I say lower it to 14. But that's as far as it should go.

Link2Halo
06-29-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm lucky I dodged this by 2 weeks or Id had to have waited for two more years to join.

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Link2Halo..... why were you at the blue officer meeting tonight? in the future its only Warrent Officers and above

in my time as a gamer, i have lead 7000 person clans when i was only 13( yes my voice was still deep and people didnt believe my age) , but usually i find 13-14 yr olds to be ignorant and very prideful( in the wrong way) and it makes my skin crawl when ever they talk because it feels like nails to a chalkboard

the starting age for XBL is 13, they wont even let you sign up your son unless he is 13 or above.... so in the words of chuck norris " get off my level"

RENGADE 0F FUNK
06-29-2011, 12:50 AM
*throws hat into the air and hugs random person next to him*

I...I love you raz.

(no homo)

GhostHammer
06-29-2011, 12:54 AM

I was 13! :D

Well, there will always be people who agree and disagree, The council voted on this (majority) We all feel that it will help our image a great deal. Although I myself have came across mature 13 and 14 year olds, but very seldom. But to answer your question, no incidences that I am aware of occurred to conspire this decision.

Me! I was one of those mature 13's!

*throws hat into the air and hugs random person next to him*

I...I love you raz.

(no homo)

Thanks for the hug! My hats gone too!

Spartanbh
06-29-2011, 12:56 AM
You guys have to understand some of the goals of this community is to give ourselves a good image, which shows that we are mature and have mature people here. Sure, there are smart, mature 13 and 14 year olds, but they are RARE to come by, extremely rare actually. Also, squeaky voices piss a lot of people off, regardless of how smart and mature they may be. It's better to not risk getting any more immature little pricks in the community.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
06-29-2011, 12:57 AM
I was 13! :D

Thanks for the hug! My hats gone too!

Any time, Cody.

And yea lets face it sure.. we may find some mature youngins. but for the most part... they're all squeaking trolls.

Hell, i got invited into a party of squeakers today with matching emblems claiming they were a t-bag clan... yea, thats the age I DEFINITELY want representing FC

Gargoyle
06-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Wait, Poder have you ever been a squeaker?

bazongaman502
06-29-2011, 01:22 AM
how about in order to "qualify" in joining younger then the age of 15, either high com or the forerunners must agree to it by populat vote.. cuz im not gonna lie, theres some people out there younger then 15 that are good players and fun to play with... they shouldnt just be shund out due to just their age, it should be many other things as well

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 01:28 AM
I came out of the Womb with a mustache and the voice of barry white

Yeah, i was a squeaker when i was 8..... i didnt have a mic for the first two years of my XBL career, i bought a mic around mid 2005 and freaked people out when i talked they couldnt believe that i had a deep voice at age 11.... i soon got the nickname The Pedobear because of my pedifile like characteristics.
there ya have it, the story of poder

KillerGUNNY132
06-29-2011, 05:34 AM
I dont know if I 100 percent agree with this.

I mean I joined RvBR when I was 12 years of age and I was fine. I lead a Battalion when I was 14. Hell, I was fucking Field Marshall at 15.

Instead of enforcing an age limit, you should make sure they are mature enough. Talk with them a bit, or even judge that on how they handle the bootcamp.

I feel like the goal of this community RIGHT NOW is to further it and garner some sort of attention. We've been this underground War-Sim/Gaming Community for too long. Its about time we put ourselves on the map. And I feel restricting people based on their age would hinder any kind of progress.

But maybe that's just me.

Link2Halo
06-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Sry that was my bro who doesnt understand that or he is just stubborn. So yes I understand my place at this time, I hope you dont have mixed thoughts about it.

RetRdidMunkie
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Lol. I read the title, and I was like "BUT I ONLY HAD ONE!!!" and ran to tell juggs... then I read the post and felt like an idiot. Lol.

Yehsus
06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
We should just go all the way and make it 18+.

But this is a good start.

Juggernaut9473
06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Lol. I read the title, and I was like "BUT I ONLY HAD ONE!!!" and ran to tell juggs... then I read the post and felt like an idiot. Lol.

lawl munkie

Deathhawk
06-29-2011, 12:14 PM
lol

...and I don't think I agree with this, I think 14+ would be the right decision.
I joined when I was 13 and was only immature during non-fc stuff.

We shouldn't limit everyone, that could cancel out some really great potential.
A "mature" 13/14yr old who is still accepted into the wars would know they have an opportunity, and most wouldn't blow it.

13/14 year olds also make great soldiers, they have more time because they aren't in HS yet.

If you really want to make this website known, I have some ideas... Make me the PR guy.

Vestige
06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
18+ is fucking redonklous...

silversleek
06-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Math? Oh shit.....

this. i refuse to do math. if they aren't squeakers, and aren't immature dicks, i don't care about there age, i'll send em to bootcamp.

GAMEHEEL
06-29-2011, 12:48 PM
I think 15 is fair that is a very mature age there is some potential here to be seen in this change........
I personally think 14 wouldn't have been bad but 15 is okay with me

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 12:49 PM
it is required, if your not willing to do the unpleasentries of being an officer than you shouldnt be one. it isnt for you to judge wiether you send them off to bootcamp.... if they arent 15 they dont join, period.

EDIT: This is directed at silversleek

VerbotenDonkey
06-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I dont know if I 100 percent agree with this.

I mean I joined RvBR when I was 12 years of age and I was fine. I lead a Battalion when I was 14. Hell, I was fucking Field Marshall at 15.

Instead of enforcing an age limit, you should make sure they are mature enough. Talk with them a bit, or even judge that on how they handle the bootcamp.

I feel like the goal of this community RIGHT NOW is to further it and garner some sort of attention. We've been this underground War-Sim/Gaming Community for too long. Its about time we put ourselves on the map. And I feel restricting people based on their age would hinder any kind of progress.

But maybe that's just me.

I'm agreeing with Gunny here. What we need isn't an age limit, it's a maturity limit. I know just as many older kids who are more ignorant.

When they're younger, it also gives them more experience in the community so that when they do turn "15" they are capable to handle Officer positions and gives them more time in the community before they get more responsibilities in life as they go down the road.

Juggernaut9473
06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm agreeing with Gunny here. What we need isn't an age limit, it's a maturity limit. I know just as many older kids who are more ignorant.

When they're younger, it also gives them more experience in the community so that when they do turn "15" they are capable to handle Officer positions and gives them more time in the community before they get more responsibilities in life as they go down the road.

i agree with donkey and gunny

silversleek
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
it is required, if your not willing to do the unpleasentries of being an officer than you shouldnt be one. it isnt for you to judge wiether you send them off to bootcamp.... if they arent 15 they dont join, period.

EDIT: This is directed at silversleek

alright since it's required, i'll ask, but i still refuse to do math. urgh. my head hurts just thinking about doing math.:wacky:

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 02:12 PM
its not like the math is algebra its simple subtraction skills

Deathhawk
06-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Don't be a baby. If your joking; know that no one appreciates "joke whining".

Especially about not being lazy.

Captain Poder
06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Don't be a baby. If your joking; know that no one appreciates "joke whining".

Especially about not being lazy.

:party:

Silko
06-29-2011, 05:33 PM
uh oh, LOL I just saw this thread and I looked at the time stamp, and it predates some of the bootcamps I did last night and some of the guys I bootcamped at not 15 yet....

MedeDust
06-29-2011, 05:37 PM
Great then you get to deliver the good news :)

Silko
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Great then you get to deliver the good news :)

Is that a serious post or a joking post? I haven't made anyone cry over Xbox live in over 6 months so I want to know if that is a green light.

MedeDust
06-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Take it however you want ;) Just know that if they annoy me theyll end up gone anyways.

Silko
06-29-2011, 05:46 PM
LOL fine, I'll keep the hound on the chain for now. I am sure they will be fine. I'm sure if they are not meant to be part of this community it will show and they can be dealt with by their officers and or a pissed off MedeDust x_x

OzzyIzSick
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
But i like it when 13 year olds think they're the shit and then get stomped on :( ...

All kidding aside, i agree with Gunny.

silversleek
06-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Is that a serious post or a joking post? I haven't made anyone cry over Xbox live in over 6 months so I want to know if that is a green light.

lol. >=D

Buoy O Buoy
06-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm with this except I think the age limit should be 14

Captain Poder
06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
i would have it 18+ because that is the age that this game specifies but im good with 15

Deathhawk
06-30-2011, 01:41 PM
i would have it 18+ because that is the age that this game specifies but im good with 15
The way I see it, you have to be 15 to be in the community (and all it entails)
doesn't mean you HAVE to fight lol

Loopholes!

GAMEHEEL
06-30-2011, 02:11 PM
everyone is going to have to get over it the limit is 15+ said official and done with

Vestige
06-30-2011, 02:13 PM

Actually the rating "M" is 17+

Deathhawk
06-30-2011, 02:16 PM
everyone is going to have to get over it the limit is 15+ said official and done with

Actually....

Always different sides of the coin. Both sides make compelling arguments. Although we made a decision, it is always up for a small change or discussion. Donkey, your a valued member of FC, always have been and always will. I'll consider this poll, and maybe we can work something out

Syfe
07-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I'll keep it simple.

In regards to Age Limit versus Maturity...

1. Have new prospects go to the FC website and enroll in our community; like usual.

2. New members then undergo a small "questionnaire" designed to test their maturity level. Five(5) questions maybe?

3. If they meet our criteria, a Forerunner would then advise them (PM or VM) to choose a faction; at which point they may enlist in the army of their choosing.

4. The chosen faction can then administer a proper Boot Camp to the individual without any doubts or concerns.

5. Done!

If an individual is problematic or immature, it would be detected way before they become part of our community; saving us all a lot of unnecessary headaches.

Just a thought.

Thanks, fellas.

bazongaman502
07-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Syfe is actually onto something, a questionair before they finnish signing up would help, however alot of people lie on those to make themselfs seem better (iv done it, we've all done it).. however its better then nothing

Navarro0507
07-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm with Syfe on this... as per Bazongaman though: that being said if they are going to lie on the questionarre now you are looking at an integrity issue.... I believe at that point it's Commander's descresion if he decides to accept the recruit as is... Either way the questionarre isn't a qualifyer, it's a filter... Once you tell the recruit about it half of 'em will back off from the word go... Most likely the ones intimidated by questions...

But hell I'm just an FNG... What do I know?

Deathhawk
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Make the questionnaire so that when people are increasing their attributes, it should become obvious. Make it 15 questions, have some effectively pointless questions that wouldn't actually matter to get in to the community, for instance, skill level. We can see their K/D. We can tell if they are being honest.

GAMEHEEL
07-01-2011, 02:29 PM
well if they lie jusy kick them out........
if they say they hav total respect and they're 99.9% mature and thAre not......
then kick them out or some other suitable punishment

Maxdoggy
07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
If recruits are at a threshold age of 14 years old, and people believe them to be mature enough, then a review by the Field Marshal of the destination Army could be enacted to determine whether or not they deserve to be in their army and the Forerunner Conflict.

Thoughts?

VerbotenDonkey
07-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Agreed Maxdoggy. Unless a Forerunner viewing is necessary as well?

Syfe
07-01-2011, 03:26 PM
"...and people believe them to be mature enough..." -Maxdoggy

Some people will believe.
Some people will disagree.

This will only lead us back to square one.

Furthermore, it would still not guarantee that the individual would meet the FC Community standards that are already in place.

The "problem" would actually grow exponentially worse as time went by if this were to be implemented.

I've suggested a means by which to counter and possibly eliminate our current dilemna.

Jexer
07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I see that we are trying to fix a problem that will only come back to bit us in the butt in the future. We are trying to screen the prospects that will be joining FC now and in the future. Although that I do agree with Syfe in his post, we all have forgotten that the ones that are too young to join were born into this technological era of video gaming.

I am sure that we can all agree that there will always be that one youngster that is not mature enough to play along side of us on the field. Then again there are some players that are already in FC that should take some classes from the younger recruits when it comes to maturity.

Will this poll really help us out? Will these "babies" really be the ones to hinder us in the war?

Grant them a chance and put them on a probationary status. Give them an opportunity; some of these kids could be the ones to save you from across the field with a well established strategic location and enough bullets in their sniper or DMR.

Lets not worry too much about their age. On the cntrary, lets take into consideration their talent and what they bring onto the field. It is easier to mold a younger mind, rather than having to teach an old dog new tricks.

Choca Cola
07-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Like you I am 13 but also like the the field of battle is where I'll show my skill but not backed up by a DMR but an AR.

Nocte
07-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I see that we are trying to fix a problem that will only come back to bit us in the butt in the future.

I am sure that we can all agree that there will always be that one youngster that is not mature enough to play along side of us on the field. Then again there are some players that are already in FC that should take some classes from the younger recruits when it comes to maturity.

Will this poll really help us out? Will these "babies" really be the ones to hinder us in the war?

Grant them a chance and put them on a probationary status. Give them an opportunity; some of these kids could be the ones to save you from across the field with a well established strategic location and enough bullets in their sniper or DMR.

Lets not worry too much about their age. On the cntrary, lets take into consideration their talent and what they bring onto the field. It is easier to mold a younger mind, rather than having to teach an old dog new tricks.

If we stop the problem now then it can't come back unless WC decides to change the rule.

It isn't just "one" young member that isn't mature enough, it's "very many".

This poll isn't suppose to hinder anything in any war. This poll is suppose to clean the community.

See your thinking that we are removing them because of skill, which is not the case.

From this I think your trying to say from a young age we can teach them to play better. Which once again skill is and never will be the reason for the age limit.

The age limit is to stop problems from arising from younger members who think they are the shit.

FC has age barriers in the fabrics of each war. From Axis vs Allies vets to RvBR vets to the first FC vets. They were raised in a different era, many of them were the 90's kids. While many of the kids today were raised in the 2000's. With every generation of younger kids they just get more and more disrespectful. They are taught to be selfish and not give a shit, because American parents have no fucking backbone now a days and have no fucking clue how to lay down the god damn law.

These younger kids won't care to listen to anyone or anything because they were never taught respect. An online community cannot teach respect.

If you really want to have younger kids in this community get them to give us their parents numbers so we can have a talkin to on how to teach their damn kids respect. Otherwise the age limit is perfect.

Jexer
07-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Hasty Generalization! You cannot say all because that is not the case. If you would of taken a moment to soak up what I was trying to say, you would of seen that you do not only teach kids how to play but you also teach them how to play well with the older kids. You totally took my view out of context even though you tried to break it down sentence by sentence. Read it again with a clear and unbiased mind and you will see that I meant nothing bad. On the contrary all I was saying was give them a chance. You would be suprised to find out that not all kids are rude, only those that try to fit in without realizing that in reality they are the ones looking bad.

I appreciate your feedback Eagle. With your response it taught me that I should also be a little more careful with how things are said. I heard a good saying here in FC " I also am looking out for the little ones"...Syfe

I too though that instead of just slamming the door in their faces we should see who they really are first.Remember that respect is given to those individuals that were able to extend their hands first. If it makes you feel better , then lets stick to the questionnaire. It will give us a better understanding of the future FC's. With just 5 simple questions it would help us determine the character or nature of the applicant.

Nocte
07-01-2011, 05:05 PM
This age limit isn't for the war and battle-nights rather the community in general. They have already been chances in the past when we had and unofficial age limit. However it looks like we will just run them through a test.

Carpe Vexillum
07-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Syfe has a point, you could put them through a trial run before they are full members. Have them play a few games with our members and then we can vote on wether or not to let the said person in question. In fact I think it would be good if we did all members this way. Just sayin' it works for another site im on for halo =} but I understand simplicity and I am also for just cut and dry no. =p

Coldest
07-01-2011, 05:18 PM
I just hope that the officers of this community understand that we need mature people here.. not numbers. I've seen it a million times before, you see guys up and coming in the leadership ranks going out getting every single recruit they can find regarless of age, or skill. Where are those recruits now? 99% were just a big waste of time. If you want to be a leader here, and have that respect that you so desire, take a tip from me: Get to now your recruits. Ask them questions about stuff other than FC. Try to be their friend for heaven's sake. Then, after hours of talking and playing together, if you feel they belong..Great! If not, don't be mean..but do what ever you feel you have too. BE NICE!Nobody around here cares if you get 20 recruits, but if you have 10, well mannered, highly organized "friends"... people will take notice. Do your research, its your JOB!

Syfe
07-01-2011, 05:19 PM
We still need a solution...

FC Recruit Questionnaire?

bazongaman502
07-01-2011, 05:22 PM
i think if we do this questionair, it should also go to current members as well... we should see who's mature in the current community as well...

To answer syfe's question above... im for it

Nocte
07-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Make the questionnaire so that when people are increasing their attributes, it should become obvious. Make it 15 questions, have some effectively pointless questions that wouldn't actually matter to get in to the community, for instance, skill level. We can see their K/D. We can tell if they are being honest.

It should consist of situations such as being insulted repeatedly. Questions that test ones reaction. Then in bootcamp have the DI insult that member and see what he or she does. Not useless questions that don't mean anything that is pointless and doesn't filter the problem.

Deathhawk
07-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Then in bootcamp have the DI insult that member and see what he or she does. Not useless questions that don't mean anything that is pointless and doesn't filter the problem.
That would certainly show that we're mature. And teach them how to behave.

It's not useless, it wouldn't be a basic principal (like, can you follow orders)
You don't have to have skill to be in the community. They don't know that.
If they lie, and say they're s0uper-MLG-pr0 just so we accept them, then that's a negative point.

It's a superficial question that is used as a character test.

Nocte
07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Well it was an example hell it would make more sense to do it in a matchmaking game honestly. Either extreme tests need to be performed because we have a lot of assholes in this community. My first week here Funk was bombarding me with insults and I just let everything roll right off my back.

Now insulting wouldn't be going as far as stomping on the recruits self esteem, rather just small annoying insults. Like Munkie calling me Meg. It starts to piss you off after hearing. Shut up Meg for the 10th time in an hour. If they can let things like that roll off and understand it's a joke then they pass.

You can ask about their skill, but alot of people who are mature lie in this community so really lying isn't much of something to look at.

You can test their leadership qualities as well by giving them a scenario in which a leader must make the correct choice.

You can even do something along the lines of testing to see if they can handle separating personal problems from their job.

Captain Poder
07-01-2011, 06:59 PM
this isnt really a big deal

Nocte
07-01-2011, 07:19 PM

Look at it this way recruits are FC's food source, without them FC would die off slowly. So we need to make sure FC gets healthy recruits so it can grow up big and strong. Where as eating McDonalds type recruits makes FC fat lazy shitty and more prone to death.

GhostHammer
07-01-2011, 07:41 PM
I just hope that the officers of this community understand that we need mature people here.. not numbers. I've seen it a million times before, you see guys up and coming in the leadership ranks going out getting every single recruit they can find regarless of age, or skill. Where are those recruits now? 99% were just a big waste of time. If you want to be a leader here, and have that respect that you so desire, take a tip from me: Get to now your recruits. Ask them questions about stuff other than FC. Try to be their friend for heaven's sake. Then, after hours of talking and playing together, if you feel they belong..Great! If not, don't be mean..but do what ever you feel you have too. BE NICE!Nobody around here cares if you get 20 recruits, but if you have 10, well mannered, highly organized "friends"... people will take notice. Do your research, its your JOB!

DING DING DING! WINNER! If anyone here can judge a person's full character by talking to them for 5 mins, I'm flat out calling you a fucking liar. You need time to get to know how someone is and behaves. Coldest, wow, well said.

It should consist of situations such as being insulted repeatedly. Questions that test ones reaction. Then in bootcamp have the DI insult that member and see what he or she does. Not useless questions that don't mean anything that is pointless and doesn't filter the problem.

Why do you think I treat recruits in my bootcamp like dirt? After long enough at the same level as shit they start to appreciate it when they are given respect and treated like a human again, makes them realise how much they appreciate being treated well and in return they do the same.

Course it is, recruitment is crucial in keeping the community a community. We need fresh members to keep new blood flowing with ideas nevermind help fill our army rosters.

Coldest
07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
^^^ *wipes nose*..sniff sniff... thankyouz man =D

JokerJerryA-13
07-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Giving an age limit in order to raise the maturity level (or keep it where it is) is a good idea, but is also flawed. The issue is that age in no way equals maturity. What may be better in the long run is an age limit on gaining and keeping rank, with an attached probation period. Could also add a seperate disapline comity that is made up of impartial members. Keep in mind that most members of FC are still teenagers, and yes I am making an assumption with that, but those of us that are older (like grandpa Coldest) find that a lot of the 18 year olds here are immature, and it keeps going along that same line throughout life.
Just saying that rather than blame the age, we should look at fixing the problem by teaching, encouraging and requiering responsible behavier.

sorry, lots of bad spelling

DarkS1de Reborn
07-02-2011, 09:52 PM
You also have to take into affect that there are many, many people out there who are above the age of 21 who can still be considered quite immature. Age is not a factor in a real sense for "maturity" but a persons background and upbringing. You can't just expect someone whether they be 14 or 40 to act the way you want just because they have a bigger number (age) sitting next to who they are. There are many people as well in this community that are above the said age that act more immature than some 12-15 year olds do. Take Coldest for example XD but all kidding aside age has nothing to do with maturity. It all depends on the person themselves and how they were raised and/or taught.

Syfe
07-02-2011, 10:01 PM
We would be teaching, encouraging, and requiring responsible behavior; by simply asking new community prospects to take part in the proposed FC Recruit Questionnaire.

With this requirement in place, we would be able to more successfully determine who exactly; would be worth teaching and encouraging.

Furthermore, it would give us insight as to if an individual would be capable of responsible behavior.

It should be obvious by now that when it comes to recruiting, you should always use your better judgement; as to who you want to bring into our community.

That being said, regardless of which faction you represent; any and all Officers should already be enforcing a similar approach towards recruiting.

Regarding the FC Recruit Questionnaire, the exact amount and nature of the questions; would be decided upon by the Forerunners.

Should the Forerunners choose to involve the High Command from both factions; it would be at their discretion.

The FC Recruit Questionnaire would not only help in weeding out the undesireable, but it would it would also grant all current and future members; the security of knowing that they're joining a mature community.

A community that honors fun and respect above all else.

The FC Recruit Questionnaire is a necessary requisite designed to ensure that it stays that way...

Acid
07-03-2011, 09:21 AM
"ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES!!!"
"WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT!!!"

(TF2 Reference)

Syfe
07-04-2011, 02:38 AM
FC Recruit Questionnaire

All those in favor...

Captain Poder
07-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Nay, its not necessary

Jexer
07-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Syfe, I am in for the questionnaire.

Great idea!

MONOTOYA BOYZ419
07-04-2011, 09:24 PM
i agree to the age of 15.

Daaaah Whoosh
07-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I just have to ask, doesn't everyone lie about their age on xbox live? I know I didn't, but a lot of people say they're eighteen so they can download mature-rated demos and stuff. With that in mind, how can you know for sure if someone is being truthful about their age when they know you're not going to let them join if they're too young?

And I don't think the problem is with age anyway. Remember what happened to ShineBlind, where he thought he was better than everyone else? Age had nothing to do with it, but he was definitely not the kind of person FC needed.

Navarro0507
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm for the questionarre....

Nocte
07-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Daaaaaa Wooosh I can figure out any recruits age if I think their lying. Every single squeaker I've recruited has eventually told me they are 13 when they said they are 14.

As for the questionnaire I fully support the idea.

Scarekro
07-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Daaaaaa Wooosh I can figure out any recruits age if I think their lying. Every single squeaker I've recruited has eventually told me they are 13 when they said they are 14.

As for the questionnaire I fully support the idea.

You can't use their voice to determine age. Look at Beiber: he's seventeen but sounds twelve.

There's even people such as myself who have always sounded older. I had people telling me I sounded eighteen when I was fourteen.

Brian
07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Well if it keeps everyone at a more stable structure overall, I don't see why not. However I believe the math part is a bit over the top for our poor recruiters. They seek out and harvest what they can find doing the best they can, but now they must add and subtract? *shudder*

Funny aside, I'd say 14 is arguable though, considering you can count on somewhat more shaped and mature people at younger ages. I suppose that could be evaluated during boot camp, see if they're mature enough or not, maybe even check that Adam's Apple.

Fuzzy
07-05-2011, 11:25 PM
You can't use their voice to determine age. Look at Beiber: he's seventeen but sounds twelve.

There's even people such as myself who have always sounded older. I had people telling me I sounded eighteen when I was fourteen.

And you have people like Captain Poder who was born with a deeper voice than all our parents.

Navarro0507
07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
So if we are done dancing around the subject how 'bout bringing it to a close? I believe there's been enough pointless banter on who has Proffesor X powers and how they could tell who is what age... The question at hand is if there is going to be a questionarre implemented to the recruitment process... Who is for it? Who is not? and unless there is some NEW insight on this subject it's probably best for it to be kept to yourself at this point...

Questionarre for the recruits YES or NO?
I say yes and am willing to be the first to take the questionarre being that I fall in as a "recruit" ...

Brian
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
The Questionnaire works.

Link2Halo
07-07-2011, 12:01 AM
A questionare would be great Im in Ill even do it if no one else will do it.

GhostHammer
07-07-2011, 12:18 AM
My only concern with it is that people lie. Especially young people.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
07-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Lol why are you guys still discussing this?

Kuhblam
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Agreed. The War Council has already made it's decision. If you are wondering about anything, I direct you to the graphics below...

~Kuhblam

----

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mgtojt.jpg