PDA

View Full Version : Halo Reach 1V1 Tourney Summer '11

Coldest
07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
It's that special time of year again when we all find coal in our stockings.... wait, no, let me start over. Oh nevermind. :sweat:

ICE is hosting a 1V1 tourney for all you crazy kids of FC. All members from both armies...even you green blooded bastards...are invited to show up and pit your skills up against your fellow soldiers in arms. Start time will be Sunday July 3rd @ 7PM East

Rules:
All who wish to participate must sign up, in this thread, by 6:30 PM East, Sunday July 3rd, 2011.

All maps must be 4v4 style maps, No BTB or Invasion style BS. Players that are to battle are allowed to decide what they would like to play on. If they can't be gentlemen, I will decide for them..*cough*cough* Zealot*cough*cough*

There will be no Loser bracket, but...If a loser would like a best 2 out of 3, Okie Dokie. The winner MUST accept the loser's challenge. The winner will be allowed to decide which map to fight on for the next one, to two matches depending.

Matches will be either FC Conflict, MLG, Bungie's Slayer Pro gametypes. No exceptions. Players are allowed to decide by themselves what they would like to use. If again, they are not gentlemen, I will decide for them.. cough*cough* MLG*cough*cough*

All members remember your rules and regs, I don't want to hear any crying,trash talk, or tea-bagging BS. And I hope to see some VCash won from this thing.. I need those forum pros to help me out on that front though=D

Edit: just in case of an odd number of brackets, a losers bracket will be added in the final rounds to promote fairness. This system will not be for first round losers.

bazongaman502
07-01-2011, 06:45 PM
i want to, but wont be able to make it due to work... id love for this to be pushed to tuseday night or something, but thats up to you guys

Captain Poder
07-01-2011, 06:53 PM
sign me up, if i dont make it.... it is because July 3rd is my birthday

Fuzzy
07-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Count me in!

cCrisis
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
count me in

silversleek
07-01-2011, 08:36 PM
It's that special time of year again when we all find coal in our stockings.... wait, no, let me start over. Oh nevermind. :sweat:

ICE is hosting a 1V1 tourney for all you crazy kids of FC. All members from both armies...even you green blooded bastards...are invited to show up and pit your skills up against your fellow soldiers in arms. Start time will be Sunday July 3rd @ 7PM East

Rules:
All who wish to participate must sign up, in this thread, by 6:30 PM East, Sunday July 3rd, 2011.

All maps must be 4v4 style maps, No BTB or Invasion style BS. Players that are to battle are allowed to decide what they would like to play on. If they can't be gentlemen, I will decide for them..*cough*cough* Zealot*cough*cough*

There will be no Loser bracket, but...If a loser would like a best 2 out of 3, Okie Dokie. The winner MUST accept the loser's challenge. The winner will be allowed to decide which map to fight on for the next one, to two matches depending.

Matches will be either FC Conflict, MLG, Bungie's Slayer Pro gametypes. No exceptions. Players are allowed to decide by themselves what they would like to use. If again, they are not gentlemen, I will decide for them.. cough*cough* MLG*cough*cough*

All members remember your rules and regs, I don't want to hear any crying,trash talk, or tea-bagging BS. And I hope to see some VCash won from this thing.. I need those forum pros to help me out on that front though=D

i win,i mean... i'm in, sorry.

Maxdoggy
07-01-2011, 08:45 PM
I'll join up, Coldest.

It'll be fun! For science!

Coldest
07-01-2011, 08:47 PM
hurray for science :)

VerbotenDonkey
07-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I would but I have work =/

Ex Zen Mute
07-01-2011, 11:14 PM
I'll sign. Hope I don't forget.

Yehsus
07-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I need the practice. I'll sign for now, might not show for it though.

I'm already representing OcR in a 1v1 GGN torny. #7 seed out of 120+ people? Awww yeaaaaa ego boost.

OzzyIzSick
07-01-2011, 11:47 PM
I need practice too, MatchMaking isnt helping me get back into halo... Cant garuntee ill be there it is Canada day weekend after all.

Maxwell65
07-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Haha Im interested!!!

Guzzie
07-02-2011, 10:44 PM
i'll play

Maxwell65
07-02-2011, 11:06 PM
letss gooooo!!!

Coldest
07-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Hello FC Soldiers, thanks for all the sign-ups. I have all your names and will be getting social security...woops<.< Neways, I will be starting a lobby at 6pm east to get things started. Make sure to look and see who you know in this thing so you can navigate your way on over. If you find yourself lost in the masses on Halo, send me a msg. and Ill send you an invite. Oh, and Maxwell65, please get into a bootcamp before you enter in, I will only be allowing privates and a above to this thing...If you need help with that, I'm sure we can get some Blue guys somewhere to take care of you.

Good luck to everyone,
Peace

iFurrious
07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Wish I could come but I am going to a party tomorrow.

Mr Funktastiiic
07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Sign me up

Coldest
07-03-2011, 11:54 AM
hmmm, things are looking nice and even when it comes to R.E.D.D. and B.L.U.E. Good stuff!

Anybody out there want to make some bets, Id like too. I just hope I don't lose my shirt^_^

silversleek
07-03-2011, 12:00 PM
who's vs who? can you show us the tree?

for example

X-----|
|----|
Y-----| |
|----
Z-----| |
|----|
N-----|

ect.

....awwww my tree doesn't work. angreh face.

Coldest
07-03-2011, 12:07 PM
i cant, sorry. But when It is all said and done, there will be a pretty little grafic made showing you all the owie gooie goodness in a full bracket breakdown. ;)

DarkS1de Reborn
07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll Fight. My 1v1 shit is rusty but I'm sure I can take just about everyone that signed up. I'll just play like ash and hide in a corner XD

Deathhawk
07-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I'll do it
I'm actually decent at Reach now so I may go somewhere.

Coldest
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
looks like a little moar R.E.D.D. than B.L.U.E. now. Come on BLUE, lets go. Your my boy BLUE!

Carpe Vexillum
07-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Cant. Sorry.

silversleek
07-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll Fight. My 1v1 shit is rusty but I'm sure I can take just about everyone that signed up. I'll just play like ash and hide in a corner XD

it is the best strategy for 1v1s. stealth ftw.

XxClearSh0txX
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Am I too late?

silversleek
07-03-2011, 07:10 PM
i officially hate that remake of the pit. every single damn weapon was moved and i had no idea what was what...or where it was. gargh. anyways, GG(s).

Andimion
07-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Thats fucking awesome, the one things that I would do awesome at and its during Canada weekend. -_-' I didnt see this until now..

Coldest
07-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Good games guys, I hope it was enjoyable to all who participated. There were a couple no shows which made the bracket hurt a little bit, but we were able to move forward without any real problems.
Since the brackets were jumbled, A graphics pic on the layout is simply not possible, so instead here are the soldiers that made it all the way through till one was left standing:

-Round 1-

-Fuzzy - NighT iz Clutch - Captain Poder - Deathhawk - Silversleek - DrkAng3l Reborn - Maxdoggy - -Ozzy Iz Sick - Maxwell65 - cCrisis - Yehsus - Guzzie - Ash m Cairo - Clear Orange Zero-

-Round 2-

-Fuzzy - cCrisis - Maxdoggy - DrkAng3l Reborn - Guzzie - Ash M Cairo-

-Round 3-

-Guzzie - Maxdoggy - Fuzzy-

And on the final battle, using MLG settings on Asylum, we had from B.L.U.E: FuzzyStorms. His opponent, from the opposing army R.E.D.D. was Guzziestyle. In what some think could be a precusor to the upcoming war*giggity*, Guzziestyle brought home the gold and won FC's Summer 2011 1v1 Tourney.

Congrats to Guzzie, and congrats to all who participated. If anybody wants to challenge FC's 1v1 champ, you know who too get ahold of.

peace,
Cold

OzzyIzSick
07-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Congrats Guzzie! :)

ahaha, Yeah thats what i was thinking too Andi :P

Captain Poder
07-04-2011, 12:05 AM
i challenge Guzzie, ill be home tomarrow by 7pm MST.... i didnt play because it was my birthday and i chose family over gaming :)

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 12:28 AM
what happened to Max in round 3??? did he just dissapear??? it should have been Fuzzy vs Guzzie... loser faces Max, winner of that takes on Winner of the match between Fuzzy vs Guzzie... if i was there, some of you would have been wrecked lol

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 12:34 AM
for all of you wondering, this is how the final rounds of the bracket went.

guzzie played max and /I(ccrisis) played fuzzy

guzzie beat max and fuzzy beat me

guzzie and fuzzy played and guzzie won

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 12:36 AM
for all of you wondering, this is how the final rounds of the bracket went.

guzzie played max and /I(ccrisis) played fuzzy

guzzie beat max and fuzzy beat me

guzzie and fuzzy played and guzzie won

(dont take this offencivly) but why did you play... you werent in Round 3

EDIT: If you were, then why were only 2 people eliminated out of 3 games?

MedeDust
07-04-2011, 12:44 AM
is ICE gone yet? =O

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 12:47 AM
coldest messed up. i should have been in round 3. dark angel was knocked out by max in a earlier round.

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 12:58 AM
@Mede: ICE is on REDD now

@cCrisis: then that bracket was messed up, means someone whent into the third round without having to play in round 2... thats why there should be a loser bracket if theres uneven amount of players

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 01:06 AM
some people didn't show up so some free wins where given.

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 01:09 AM
some people didn't show up so some free wins where given.

thats not right though, thats extreamly unfair to others

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 01:17 AM
you can ask coldest for the whole bracket.

i know that the final 4 of the bracket looked like me vs. fuzzy and guzzie vs. max, then guzzie and fuzzy played and guzzie won.

VerbotenDonkey
07-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Wish I coulda been there, much better than work. Four people walked out and quit today lol.

Congrats Guzzie.

Andimion
07-04-2011, 02:13 AM
I have a out standing 1v1 challenge with Guzzie.

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 02:22 AM
I have a out standing 1v1 challenge with Guzzie.

we all kinda do lol... i even do

Mr Funktastiiic
07-04-2011, 08:15 AM
That kinda sucked, i was online and waiting for an invite to play and i never got any so i wasted my time when i could of been asleep.

Andimion
07-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Mine was literally arranged before this tourny between me and him. Lol

Ex Zen Mute
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
That kinda sucked, i was online and waiting for an invite to play and i never got any so i wasted my time when i could of been asleep.
I am calling bull.

You joined the game when Coldest was setting up and you left to play matchmaking.

Fuzzy
07-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Guzzie is good guys dont underestimate him, he clearly knows what he is doing in 1v1's. Unless you want to get embaressed dont challenge him.

Ex Zen Mute
07-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Guzzie is good guys dont underestimate him, he clearly knows what he is doing in 1v1's. Unless you want to get embaressed dont challenge him.
I know where his strong points are. Sniper rifles.
And a little on explosives. He can be out DMR'd.

Mr Funktastiiic
07-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Yeah i joined and i was expecting an invite when it was starting i needed a warm up so i went matchmaking :(

bazongaman502
07-04-2011, 01:21 PM
I know where his strong points are. Sniper rifles.
And a little on explosives. He can be out DMR'd.

exactly, all you have to do is find their strength and keep it away from them.. its not hard to do, you just have to know what your gonna do with it and when it spawns back

Ex Zen Mute
07-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Yeah i joined and i was expecting an invite when it was starting i needed a warm up so i went matchmaking :(
You are a big boy aren't you?
No one has to hold your hand for this do they?

You are a sad little boy. Go to bed.

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 03:02 PM
exactly, all you have to do is find their strength and keep it away from them.. its not hard to do, you just have to know what your gonna do with it and when it spawns back

dont underestimate his dmr. i play with him on a daily basis and his dmr is just as deadly as him sniper.

and i highly doubt anyone in fc can beat guzzie(try to prove me wrong)

Ex Zen Mute
07-04-2011, 03:06 PM
dont underestimate his dmr. i play with him on a daily basis and his dmr is just as deadly as him sniper.

I don't do that bad. His sniper kills me 1v1 when I am at any distance though.

VerbotenDonkey
07-04-2011, 03:08 PM

If anyone can do it, it'll be Andy.

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
im sure they will play, but i doubt he wins.

VerbotenDonkey
07-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Hubris was many a man's downfall.

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Hubris was many a man's downfall.

its not hubris, guzzie isn't saying anything.

i would be surprised if there's anyone in fc who can beat him.

quote me if you want

OzzyIzSick
07-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Anyone can beat anyone. Its not about that, its about consistency. That's why you play more than one game (Like how the top two players/teams play a best out of 7 series). This tournament unfortunately wasn't built up properly; however this is a community event so it doesn't matter.

Congrats to Guzzie for earning first place, and good job to the other participants. :)

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Anyone can beat anyone. Its not about that, its about consistency. That's why you play more than one game (Like how the top two players/teams play a best out of 7 series). This tournament unfortunately wasn't built up properly; however this is a community event so it doesn't matter.

Congrats to Guzzie for earning first place, and good job to the other participants. :)

the loser of the first map had the choice to make it a best 2 out of 3.

OzzyIzSick
07-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Why would there be a choice? Doesnt it just make sense to have a best of 3 or more?

Coldest
07-04-2011, 05:10 PM
hey guys, im glad there is moar interst in this. ill do my best to hold a couple a year for ya, but not during war time...which im sure is to be coming in the not too distant future. As for the tourney, everyone who made it towards the final rounds know that it was a pretty fun time, and yes Guzzie was the clear winner. Night, im sorry you didn't make it, i sent a couple invites to you. Everyone must remember that when I say something starts at a specific time, thats it. you have to be there...If your a few minutes late its cool, but not 30. Hopefully next time, the bracket system can be in full swing with even a loser bracket. but people need to be sure to show up on time and be there for as long as needed, If not I work with what I have to make sure it gets done, even if it gets a lil sloppy. Like I said, there was a clear winner, and we all agree to the results. After the next war, we'll take a few weeks and do it again. Just to let you guys know, There are Vcash rewards, and all the finalist received some today. See you soon on the field guys.

peace

OzzyIzSick
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Good job holding this up Cold :).

cCrisis
07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Why would there be a choice? Doesnt it just make sense to have a best of 3 or more?

it was basically a best 2 out of 3 or if you knew you were going to lose and didnt want to play you could just quit.

my game vs. fuzzy went best 2 out of 3

Yehsus
07-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for setting this up Coldest, pretty solid turn up.

I regret not showing up for something I committed to, next time you decide to do something like this I'll try a little harder.

Congrats to guzzie or whoever you are.