PDA

View Full Version : Bill S.978 (BULLSHIT US GOVT)

II Recanz II
07-02-2011, 03:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hytigOSjJxc

What the fuuuuuuuuucccckkkkk.

EDIT: Example of what this bill means; Metkil's lets play of Amnesia: The Dark Descent would be considered illegal and he would face severe repercussions.

MedeDust
07-02-2011, 03:43 AM
Lets not play anymore and watch them crash and burn.

II Recanz II
07-02-2011, 03:46 AM
Lets not play anymore and watch them crash and burn.

Or we could all upload a gameplay video onto youtube. Id love to see the US Government jail us for that.

bazongaman502
07-02-2011, 03:54 AM
it wont pass... trust me, it will fuck many business up hella bad... basically the bill is saying (were gonna shut down certin buisnesses without actually going streight to them)... but it wont pass, it might come close though, but wont pass

II Recanz II
07-02-2011, 03:58 AM
If it does however, the following would be have to be forcefully removed from the internet:

-Video Game Gameplay
-Scenes from a movie
-Scenes from a TV Show
-Music
-Movie Trailers
-Game Trailers
-Show Trailers
-Music Videos
-Web Series's (IE: Rooster Teeth)

bazongaman502
07-02-2011, 04:44 AM
If it does however, the following would be have to be forcefully removed from the internet:

-Scenes from a movie
-Scenes from a TV Show
-Music
-Movie Trailers
-Game Trailers
-Show Trailers
-Music Videos

(i deleted the ones that dont have its Rights owners bitching...) all of the current listed are bitching, but if this bill were to pass, it will fuck them up hardcore... not just a little... but alot. And they know it, however they think they can solve it, but they cant, it eventually comes down to samples on the internet... also i read further into it, not only will youtube and other places get fucked, but ITunes can also (they have sample videos and music avalible, that would bring an infraction into that bill... sure they will have the rights, but still they can get in trouble for it)

LocoCrazy
07-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Let the riots begin.

silversleek
07-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Let the riots begin.

this. the best parts of the internet would be shut down. i'm pretty sure like half of the internet would disappear.

/obvious overestimation

Deathhawk
07-02-2011, 01:46 PM

-Video Game Gameplay
-Scenes from a movie
-Scenes from a TV Show
-Music
-Movie Trailers
-Game Trailers
-Show Trailers
-Music Videos
Well, Rooster Teeth specifically wouldn't because they have rights.

I can't imagine such a skullfuck actually happening, so I don't think it'll pass, but I signed the petition

silversleek
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
if it would pass, they would just be lucky i don't live in america. i would rip every senator that looked in it's direction without complaint in half. not that it will.

KillerGUNNY132
07-02-2011, 04:25 PM
It wont pass.

EriRi 1138
07-02-2011, 04:26 PM
It wont pass.

qft

Kuhblam
07-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Fuck the power. And yeah, I third the above.

~Kuhblam

Juggernaut9473
07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I SAY NAY

Ex Zen Mute
07-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Surprised HG isn't posting anything on this.

He is putting all his FCs on Rockband on YouTube.
They will have to all be deleted if this bill passes.

Ex Zen Mute
07-02-2011, 08:43 PM

-Video Game Gameplay
-Scenes from a movie
-Scenes from a TV Show
-Music
-Movie Trailers
-Game Trailers
-Show Trailers
-Music Videos
This would include anime.