PDA

View Full Version : War-Bonds/Maybe a new ribbon aswell?

Nocte
07-05-2011, 04:31 PM
It seems that we are always looking for ways to spend vCash. Well I happen to have one, they are called war-bonds. You invest money in your Army and then get an interest rate on how big the bond is that you are giving. For intense you give 500 vCash you will get a small interest rate of about .8 %. You give 5000 vCash you get a larger interest rate of 2.2% now at the end of the war depending on whether you won or not you get that money back.

If you lose the war then you don't get any money back, of course it seems like a rip off. That you could lose a lot of money if you invest a lot of money, but all of that money means more abilities for your Army to purchase. Meaning one step closer to your Army winning the war.

Buoy O Buoy
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
That sounds like a really good idea, If I could get a hold of some vCash I would invest in this.

Captain Poder
07-05-2011, 05:10 PM
the reason for no returns if you lose:

1. when a war is fought and won by an army(in RL), the opposing army goes into national debt and isnt able to pay off the bonds that were made for their war effort and they spiral into an economic recession.

GhostHammer
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm all for this if FR sits down and gets into how it would affect armies with winning/losing a war. It needs to be hashed out and put into the accords.

This is an AWESOME idea to keep regular members feeling like they're doing more than just fighting on a sunday night. This is a wicked idea!

Nicholas Sapien
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
I am XxCptNICK94xX and I approve this message

Deathhawk
07-05-2011, 11:29 PM
What about us investors/neutrals?
Can we buy stocks for an army we aren't in?

Also, is it _5 more per day? week?

Can you withdraw a war-bond (obviously not right before an army loses, but, within, two-weeks of your inital deposit?

laxspartan007
07-06-2011, 12:14 AM
that is a good question, is it _% each day, week, month, or just overall untill the war ends?

Nocte
07-06-2011, 01:03 AM
The interest would be added per week. All bonds can only be added on Sunday and yes neutral members can put their money into an Army.

To pull bonds out it takes 3 weeks. You say you want to pull the vCash out and 3 weeks later you get it.

Static
07-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Really good idea! I support it. If you need any help or anything with developing the idea, message me up on the fourms.

Deathhawk
07-06-2011, 01:10 PM
The interest would be added per week. All bonds can only be added on Sunday and yes neutral members can put their money into an Army.

To pull bonds out it takes 3 weeks. You say you want to pull the vCash out and 3 weeks later you get it.

Right, but could a blue soldier buy bonds for Red and vice versa?

Navarro0507
07-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Right, but could a blue soldier buy bonds for Red and vice versa?

TREASON!!! Nuetrals should invest wherever they like but investing in the opposite army should be Treason!

Nocte
07-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes investing in the other Army is not aloud as what soldier puts money towards the enemy?

Spartanbh
07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I like the part where Eagle pretty much stole (most of) the idea from Syfe and just added a few modifications and renamed it without giving any credit to Syfe for the original idea of the Patriot Ribbon. :P

II Recanz II
07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
I like the part where Eagle pretty much stole (most) the idea from Syfe and just added a few modifications and renamed it without giving any credit to Syfe for the original idea of the Patriot Ribbon. :P

lulz

Andimion
07-06-2011, 02:01 PM
^ I noticed this as well.

Navarro0507
07-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I like the part where Eagle pretty much stole (most of) the idea from Syfe and just added a few modifications and renamed it without giving any credit to Syfe for the original idea of the Patriot Ribbon. :P
... I don't have enough rank on my collar to call that one, but I'm glad that it was called out...

Spartanbh
07-07-2011, 12:25 AM
gotta give credit where credit is due :P

RENGADE 0F FUNK
07-07-2011, 03:21 AM
It seems that we are always looking for ways to spend vCash. Well I happen to have one, they are called war-bonds. You invest money in your Army and then get an interest rate on how big the bond is that you are giving. For intense you give 500 vCash you will get a small interest rate of about .8 %. You give 5000 vCash you get a larger interest rate of 2.2% now at the end of the war depending on whether you won or not you get that money back.

If you lose the war then you don't get any money back, of course it seems like a rip off. That you could lose a lot of money if you invest a lot of money, but all of that money means more abilities for your Army to purchase. Meaning one step closer to your Army winning the war.

Good idea, Syfe.

Btw ima invest in Blue bonds then sell them on the black market to the neutrals and become a stock broker from hell

Nocte
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Syfe's idea sparked mine. Mine is basically the Wikipedia article on WWII war bonds haha

Honestly I didn't even think of Syfe because when I'm on my iPhone I think and post. So thank you Syfe for sparking my idea :p

Besides his Ribbon coincides with my war bonds idea....