PDA

View Full Version : Help with gamertag?

King Dustvayne
07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
My apologies for making this so long, you do not have to read the whole thing:

So lately I have been really... Unhappy with my current gamertag for a few reasons. Its a good gamertag and all but it just doesn't represent who I am anymore and I want my gamertag to do just that. Show the world who I am. So, after many long hours of tedious research (probably about 10 minutes) I found something that I feel fits me fairly well. My family is originally from Norway and the vikings so I wanted to give homage to my ancestors basically so I searched for the biggest baddest thing in the viking mythology (in my opinion) which ended up being Fenris/Fenrir. Unfortunately, that is fairly popular so I needed to add something else to it. That I have been thinking on for quite a while now and just figured out what I want to follow Fenris. Living in Washington it is very rainy in certain area's and I have always loved the rain. So here I am thinking of something to use in my gamertag as I look out the window at the rain when it hits me to use rain in the gamertag, but I am creative so I took it a step further. That is where I need help. I want the advice of my peers to see what they think sounds coolest to them so that I might be able to progress in my life and move on from the old into the new.

Thank you for your time and suggestions if you give any - Rusty

P.S. I made the poll way to long so votes after Thursday the 14th won't matter. Sorry, for the inconvenience.

Daaaah Whoosh
07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
What exactly is a Fenris?

VerbotenDonkey
07-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Fenris Reign = Reign of the Vikings! xP

King Dustvayne
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenrir

Fenris/Fenrir was one of Loki's children. A monstrous wolf that bit the arm off of Tyr, and kills Odin (the All father, the top god basically) during Ragnarok (which is basically the end of the world, aka the final destiny of the gods)

Fuzzy
07-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I like Fenris Rain because it is related to storms and my gamertag is FuzzyStormz, but why not change your gamertag to something related to Rusty.

King Dustvayne
07-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I like Fenris Rain because it is related to storms and my gamertag is FuzzyStormz, but why not change your gamertag to something related to Rusty.I like Rusty, but it was a nickname I was given while I played t ball so I feel like I have grown out of it kinda. I don't want something childish lol

Andimion
07-13-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm happy, someone else whom shares a liking for Norse.

King Dustvayne
07-13-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm happy, someone else whom shares a liking for Norse. Norse, of course! Such a rich culture came from the vikings and such. Not to mention they found America first... :)

Andimion
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
I ran a squad in this community straight from the lore of the Norse. I also had another squad kicked out who trie the same thing. =P

Scarekro
07-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I have Viking ancestors, so this is pretty badass in my opinion. I like "Rayne" because it looks cool. ^__^

Syfe
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Fact: The Vikings did not find North America "first".

There were Native North Americans here long before the Norsemen landed.

Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks, bud.

P.S. I went with Reign...

EriRi 1138
07-13-2011, 01:15 PM
I chose 'Reign' simply because it evokes power and control, and thus; awesomeness.

That way you can almost look at is as 'Fenris' Reign'

RaZ Vader
07-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Syfe=Syfe

King Dustvayne
07-13-2011, 02:04 PM
I ran a squad in this community straight from the lore of the Norse. I also had another squad kicked out who trie the same thing. =P Too bad that squad isn't still up. I would try to join it in a heart beat.

edIT: If I got your permission Andi, could I try and run a squad from Norse lore? That would be awesome :D

Vestige
07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I have a fireteam called Fireteam Winter child. "Winters child" came from a song called "Starcrossed" By Sirenia. Sirenia is a band from Norway. I love Norse mytholagy and the Vikings were the first to find what was later to be founded as Kanada or then even later "Canada".

I love history and Im a nerd yes.

Choca Cola
07-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a fireteam called Fireteam Winter child. "Winters child" came from a song called "Starcrossed" By Sirenia. Sirenia is a band from Norway. I love Norse mytholagy and the Vikings were the first to find what was later to be founded as Kanada or then even later "Canada".

I love history and Im a nerd yes.
You may love history but your not a nerd, and if you are you're the most BA nerd ever! and im related to Vikings as well.

King Dustvayne
07-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Very nice squad name, and history is a very interesting subject. Without history we could never learn from our mistakes to make a better future. Everyone has a little viking blood in them in one way or another. That is one of the many reasons why vikings rock.

Vestige
07-13-2011, 06:44 PM
That is really true when I first read the norse storys I was hooked I asked my teacher for his book and read alot of them one of my favs is when Loki's final punishment was when he was tied up in a cave and a snake above him dripped acid form its fangs into his eyes, His wife had to hold a bowl above him to stop but when she had to empty it he would suffer. Since he is a half god his eyes heal. I also like the story about the start of time and of course Ragranok (fucking spelling)

King Dustvayne
07-13-2011, 07:00 PM
That is really true when I first read the norse storys I was hooked I asked my teacher for his book and read alot of them...Do you remember the name of the book? I could use some good reading.

Vestige
07-13-2011, 08:18 PM
No I wish I knew cause I would reread it alot lol.

King Dustvayne
07-14-2011, 01:19 PM
So as of right now, the poll is unofficially closed (I made it too long on accident). I am grateful to all who voted and gave suggestions.

Thank you all for your help -Rusty

bazongaman502
07-14-2011, 03:59 PM
ferris bueller??