PDA

View Full Version : SPARTAN I Program?

Scarekro
07-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Can somebody back me up on this because a few others don't seem to believe me?

My argument:

The SPARTAN I Program, AKA ORION Project, was aimed at countering insurgency operations. Like the SPARTAN II and III Programs, the members were given biochemical augmentations. When the program was shut down, the soldiers with those augmentations were said to have "Boren's Syndrome", which was simply a cover up. Avery Johnson was a member of the SPARTAN I program and those augmentations are the reason he was immune to the Flood.

Their argument:

The SPARTAN Is were those from ancient Greece and Boren's Syndrome is caused by radiation from Covenant weapons.

I'm only posting this to prove a point. Am I right or am I wrong?

VerbotenDonkey
07-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Borens Syndrome was given off by Plasma, thats how Johnson got it.

Silko
07-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Wrong: In Fall of Reach Dr. Halsey tells the Spartans II that they are based off the Spartans of Greece and in fact on the very first day of Spartan II boot camp they showed the to be Spartans a video of the famous 300 at the Battle of Thermopylae. As for Johnson, he received Boren's Syndrome by useing a large crate full of Plasma nades to kill a large amount of covies. The radiation changed his DNA, causing him to be immune to the infection spores of the Flood

If Johnson was ever to be a Spartan, it is most likely that he a possible choice out of 300 other children, only 150 children where picked and about half of that even survived the training

Bodaciousbaconn
07-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I do believe reading something somewhere that the radiation from the large crate of plasma grenades were a cover-up for Johnson's Semi-Successful Augmentations.

Fiery Grave
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
actually he is right.... in Contact harvest and the ILoveBees site prove it.... check it out.

http://ilovebees.com/ (this was done by the same people who did the ODST audio files)

Jhonson was the last known active Spartan I but several were non active but alive, Project orion wasn't originally a "spartan" program but a lot of the research went into the Spartan program so Halsey named it spartan II instead of just Spartan. her journal that came with Reach limited also tell a bit about this.

the only thing that he said that was wrong was the SIII's were no made to counter insurgents but were designed to fight the covenant. everything else he said was correct

Jonhsons training wasn't done from a child like the real spartans, and was completely volunteer, but they were given augmentations... tough not as potent as SII's they still had some sever side effects that they couldn't let the public know about so all that were fit for duty were sent back out into the field.

there are even spartan 1.1's (children of spartan 1's) which have a large amount of the augmentation their parents had but with nearly no side effects

GhostHammer
07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
actually he is right.... in Contact harvest and the ILoveBees site prove it.... check it out.

http://ilovebees.com/ (this was done by the same people who did the ODST audio files)

Jhonson was the last known active Spartan I but several were non active but alive, Project orion wasn't originally a "spartan" program but a lot of the research went into the Spartan program so Halsey named it spartan II instead of just Spartan. her journal that came with Reach limited also tell a bit about this.

the only thing that he said that was wrong was the SIII's were no made to counter insurgents but were designed to fight the covenant. everything else he said was correct

Jonhsons training wasn't done from a child like the real spartans, and was completely volunteer, but they were given augmentations... tough not as potent as SII's they still had some sever side effects that they couldn't let the public know about so all that were fit for duty were sent back out into the field.

there are even spartan 1.1's (children of spartan 1's) which have a large amount of the augmentation their parents had but with nearly no side effects

^This

Spartan I was never the project's name, it was Orion, other noteable Orion members include Mendez. Borne's syndrome is caused by excessive plasma exposure, but this was the official cover story for Johnson's Orion augmentations.

Juggernaut9473
07-18-2011, 10:14 PM
i knew fiery would save this topic

Scarekro
07-18-2011, 10:23 PM
So I think I win.

Juggernaut9473
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
yes you do trevor

Silko
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
what? I have read Contact Harvest and I never saw a thing about any Spartan program. The only augments that Johnson received where standard issue to the UNSC and UNMC. These included and not limited to a control cluster implanted at the back of the neck that was meant to up link solders to their HUDs and act as a built in radio so solders on the field can covertly communicate with other solders and Command

Fiery Grave
07-18-2011, 10:47 PM
what? I have read Contact Harvest and I never saw a thing about any Spartan program. The only augments that Johnson received where standard issue to the UNSC and UNMC. These included and not limited to a control cluster implanted at the back of the neck that was meant to up link solders to their HUDs and act as a built in radio so solders on the field can covertly communicate with other solders and Command

maybe it wasn't in contact harvest... haven't read that one in a while. but it is stated several places.

And Although Orion was its original name it did late become officially called Spartan I. and it has many more members than SII, but less than SIII. in order of combat strength of individuals it goes SII>SIII>SI but thats mostly because of the lack of potency of the augments used on SI's... SI's were better trained that SIII's and had a lot more experience.

Andimion
07-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Trevor, you know my word is near fact.

You are correct.

Any information about the Halo universe please ask myself or Fiery. We both know it all. I might know more than him. ;) Im almost certain I do actually.. lolz <3

Fiery Grave
07-18-2011, 11:33 PM
This is a quote from joe staten
writer for halo

"Joe-Halo As long as we're counting Spartan 1s... I'd have to go with Avery Johnson!"

Scarekro
07-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Trevor, you know my word is near fact.

You are correct.

Any information about the Halo universe please ask myself or Fiery. We both know it all. I might know more than him. ;) Im almost certain I do actually.. lolz <3

It's funny, because I actually told them to get you into the party so you could back me up. Haha.

Coldest
07-19-2011, 04:54 AM
why is it an american game is being stolen by these canadians? lol j/k, you guys do know your shit on this stuff.

Nicholas Sapien
07-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Your right bro don't let anyone else tell you different