PDA

View Full Version : Conflict of Interest

Al Capone111
07-21-2011, 02:01 AM
I propose a amendment to the Accords. Article VI

I will lay out the situation for you:

Person 'Ad' in a site Admin. Person 'Mem' is a regular member.

Ad and Mem are posting in a forum on the touchy subject of ______. They both have different views on the issue. After several post back and forth they both take it to the private messages(PM). They continue to argue about ______ and neither one is willing to back down on the issue and they start to push each others buttons (both are guilty here). Several messages later both parties are cursing and insulting each other. Ad decides to suspend Mem for X-amount of time and goes on himself without punishment.

My proposal here is that in situations similar to the one above, in which both parties(one being a Admin and the other a Member) are guilty of disrespect, the following must happen:
1. The involved Admin/Mod/etc may not suspend/ban/punish the Member his or herself. As the Member could claim a conflict of interest.
2. A third party Admin/Mod/etc must be informed and ALL messages must be presented as evidence. Judgement will be rendered for both parties and a fair punishment will be distributed to both.

The purpose of this amendment is basically to say that NOBODY, be it a Forerunner, Field Marshal, Moderator, Admin, Respected Member, or Regular Member is above the Accords(Law). One would think this as common sense, but common sense isnt very common.

This could be re-worded a bit by someone, as long as the same effect is given. This is just a idea. If it is not liked, then simple say so and close the topic. Easy?

GhostHammer
07-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I agree on this and will post it in the War Council on your behalf for Forerunner Discussion as regular members can not propose an Accord Amendmant as per the Accords.

On a side note: Very good idea. Should be done to ensure no abuse of power is happening, although it's sad to think an Admin would abuse a power trusted to them by the community.

Al Capone111
07-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Should be done to ensure no abuse of power is happening, although it's sad to think an Admin would abuse a power trusted to them by the community.

Thanks. Glad to hear that. It is sad to think that. Ive seen it happen before on other sites and it sucks. But better to put it in as a safety net and stop the issue before it happens.

GhostHammer
07-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Agree completley.

Captain Poder
07-21-2011, 03:06 AM
alcapone, your red?.... when did this happen?

Coldest
07-21-2011, 03:50 AM
ICE, damn its cold in here. lol

Gargoyle
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Yep, I defintily agree with this. I think it really helps to develop some kind of checks and balances system for FC.

silversleek
07-21-2011, 12:39 PM
/agree

Nicholas Sapien
07-21-2011, 12:40 PM
damn wish I thought of that

Navarro0507
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Agreed

Vestige
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM
idk sure... Agreed even though I HAVE NO SAY.

Fiery Grave
07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
agree

Nocte
07-21-2011, 04:49 PM
I agree and Ninja your still apart of this community so you have your say.

Juggernaut9473
07-21-2011, 06:28 PM
idk sure... Agreed even though I HAVE NO SAY.

everybody has a voice, doesnt matter who you are or what rank you are, you still have a voice, that includes our regular members

Al Capone111
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Cody,

Just wondering what the status on this is?

Acid
07-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I agree with this as well. I have seen this happen before here.

Coldest
07-25-2011, 02:00 AM
status?

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 02:57 AM
War Council finds it redundant. Anytime things happen all evidence must be posted, and thus is already happens in a way. No amendmants at this time.

Coldest
07-25-2011, 03:20 AM
So thats a no? So many people just left or were kicked for this very reason, the members of this community need rights when it comes to certain leaders that clearly haven't the ability to lead in a proper manner. Threats and harassment is no way of leading.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 03:22 AM
Cleary you can't take direction from our community leaders, and are continuing to cause more issues.

As stated in the messages sent, you are now perma-banned.

Regarding the suggestion...

The Forerunners take allsuggestions seriously, and this was deliberated on a while, although as current proceedures for ban/punishments are already in place preventing the abuse of power, this is re-dundant. Remember, Forerunners have the final say on any and all matters. THEY run the community, and their descision is final.

Topic closed.