PDA

View Full Version : Retirement...

Nocte
07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
No, no I'm not retiring I just want to express my opinions towards some of the members who have been here under a year. You aren't really retiring. You have to have a long career to retire and a few months in this community isnt a long career to this community. I feel that it is almost mocking to those who have retired after 2 or more years of service here. So please no more retirements from us newer guys. None of us have even earned the right to retire.

Feel free to discuss, because their isn't very interesting conversation on these forums anymore.

bazongaman502
07-23-2011, 10:33 PM
so i dont have the right to retire?? so i have to stay in this community as my life falls apart??? yeah ok.. ill get right on that

Mr Funktastiiic
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
I dont think thats what eagles trying to say bazongaman, i think hes trying to say those who havnt been apart of FC for a long time and leave arnt retiring there just leaving... i think

Nocte
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
No you just retire right now, you take extended leave:p or you just say your leaving

Night is spot on!

bazongaman502
07-23-2011, 10:45 PM
No you just retire right now, you take extended leave:p or you just say your leaving

thats the thing eagle.. im not leaving... im leaving BLUE (doesnt mean im joining REDD)... I have other things to worry about and FC isnt one of them.. i wish it was... I didnt think "retirement" had an age... i want to be part of this community, not like a fart some fatass left in class... i love this community alot and the same for most of the memebrs (very homo).

It hurts me walking away, thats why im just going to the sidelinds... im not saying "Fuck FC, im out of here"... ill never say that, i love FC... ALOT.. and if you knew me better you would know that... Carpe can vouch for that... i quit a clan that i could have made money from just to stay with FC and have fun... however the fun is gone, i was losing the fun starting in March. I did so much that it drained the fun out... sitting on the sidelinds can bring the fun back

EDIT: When you leave, you dont come back and lose what you fought for... when you retire, you can come back and still have everything you fought for.. i fought for alot

Vestige
07-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Idk why this was posted cause when one says he retiring... YOU KNOW WHAT HE MEANS BY his post Kaybithanks

Nocte
07-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Bazonga your getting my point. When I see someone like Eriri post he is retiring it means something, he has put years of work into FC and deserves to RETIRE. Where as you or I have not even matched the work he has done with both of our time here combine. He can retire, me and you can't. We can leave, but we cant retire. At least not now, to me I feel that only veterans can retire.

bazongaman502
07-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Bazonga your getting my point. When I see someone like Eriri post he is retiring it means something, he has put years of work into FC and deserves to RETIRE. Where as you or I have not even matched the work he has done with both of our time here combine. He can retire, me and you can't. We can leave, but we cant retire. At least not now, to me I feel that only veterans can retire.

so, everything iv done doesnt matter? oh ok.. i guess it doesnt let alone what i started became what half of BLUE is today, the MoH doesnt mean anything, and the BLUE victory doesnt mean anything? fine... ill just go get my profile fully deleted.. thanks for the heads up...

best of luck in the future

and im being dead serious Eagle.. best of luck

Vestige
07-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Thread closed~

Scarekro
07-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Didn't I literally JUST bring up the difference between "retiring" and "quitting"? Haha. THIS THREAD WAS MY IDEA! I CALL H4X!!!!! But seriously...

Some of the people that have only been here a few months say they're retiring. And I don't get it. It's like the diference between "murder" and "assassination":

A common man can be murdered, but a person of great importance is assassinated. These newer people aren't retiring. They're quitting. That's fine. People quit their jobs everyday. You guys are quitting your armies and continuing a career within FC. That's fine. But you're not retiring. That's my two cents on the matter and I mean absolutely NO disrespect by saying that.

GhostHammer
07-23-2011, 11:09 PM
No need to close this thread. It is a vlid topic of discussion. Everyone needs to calm down.

My personal thoughts on the issue...

If you join a job, and work a couple years, and have to leave, you leave. If you work through many years and finish your duties with a respected trakc record, most people retire. I'm with Eagle, on this, but when it comes down to it, if someone has a reason to leave, whatever it may be, they can call it whatever they want, not everyone has to agree with how they call it.

All in all, I hope whatever is causing you to leave turns out well, you always have family here.

Nocte
07-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Thread open. Bazonga you need to cool your jets, stop getting hyped up for nothing. I never said what you have done doesn't matter. Im saying that members who are "retiring" aren't actually retiring, if you walked into a job for say a month. You won't retire from that job you will quit. Now if you hold a job for 60 years you will retire and you deserve the right to retire.

Same goes for FC if you haven't earned veteran status (being active for at least 2 years) then you can't retire. You quit/leave to come back and picked up where you left off.

bazongaman502
07-23-2011, 11:15 PM
thats exactly what i was kinda going to Ghost.. i love fc and hate the thought that im walking away from it.. thats why im just stepping to the side... im not quitting my army, i still want to help them, but in my position i cant...

Quiting/leaving: leaving on horrible terms or negitive reasons.

Retiring: Stepping down to the point where your proud of what you've done and accomplished what you needed, but needs to end.

I stand at retirement, sure theres more i can do. Thats why im NOT leaving

GhostHammer
07-23-2011, 11:18 PM
thats exactly what i was kinda going to Ghost.. i love fc and hate the thought that im walking away from it.. thats why im just stepping to the side... im not quitting my army, i still want to help them, but in my position i cant...

Retiring: Stepping down to the point where your proud of what you've done and accomplished what you needed, but needs to end.

I stand at retirement, sure theres more i can do. Thats why im NOT leaving

I'm a firm believer in putting in work and time. Personally, I would describe your leaving as an unfortunent situation causing Blue to lose a valuable member, and you are honorably stepping down. Eri or Kuhblam for example, I would call retiring from REDD.

Either way, different words, same thing, life > FC and you're doing what you have to do. Keep in touch, let us know, we're all here for you brother.

Scarekro
07-23-2011, 11:19 PM

Actually, quitting is defined as "to stop, cease, discontinue; to depart from, leave; to give up or resign, let go, relinquish". So you're quitting. Horrible terms and negative reasons have nothing to do with it. I feel like you're taking this thread personally. And you shouldn't. Because this is a whole lot bigger than just you.

bazongaman502
07-23-2011, 11:20 PM
good bye

Nocte
07-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Actually, quitting is defined as "to stop, cease, discontinue; to depart from, leave; to give up or resign, let go, relinquish". So you're quitting. Horrible terms and negative reasons have nothing to do with it. I feel like you're taking this thread personally. And you shouldn't. Because this is a whole lot bigger than just you.

Agreed.

Acid
07-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Didn't I literally JUST bring up the difference between "retiring" and "quitting"? Haha. THIS THREAD WAS MY IDEA! I CALL H4X!!!!! But seriously...

Some of the people that have only been here a few months say they're retiring. And I don't get it. It's like the diference between "murder" and "assassination":

A common man can be murdered, but a person of great importance is assassinated. These newer people aren't retiring. They're quitting. That's fine. People quit their jobs everyday. You guys are quitting your armies and continuing a career within FC. That's fine. But you're not retiring. That's my two cents on the matter and I mean absolutely NO disrespect by saying that.
This is the best way of putting it.

KillerGUNNY132
07-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it here. I think "Taking a break" is a better way to put his "Retirement".

He stated that he is leaving because its no longer fun for him along with some real life complications that he feels are restricting him from fulfilling his duty to his Army. He also stated at the end of his "Speech" that he would maybe come back and fight in an army one day. I think all of this constitutes more as a "Break" more than a "Retirement".

Nicholas Sapien
07-23-2011, 11:57 PM
wow haha
It's just word play damn

silversleek
07-23-2011, 11:58 PM

a common man can be assassinated and a person of great importance can also be murdered. it simply implies a different type of killing. just like newer people can retire and stay on the sidelines of fc and help support it, while a veteran can flat out leave and never look at fc again. leaving and retiring are two different things, and i say they don't apply only due to age.

Hazy
07-24-2011, 12:53 AM
a common man can be assassinated and a person of great importance can also be murdered. it simply implies a different type of killing. just like newer people can retire and stay on the sidelines of fc and help support it, while a veteran can flat out leave and never look at fc again. leaving and retiring are two different things, and i say they don't apply only due to age.

That's a more philosophical way of putting it.

I'm with silver and zonga, I think that we're looking at the two terms in the wrong way. It should have nothing to do with age or length of time they've been here, it should do with levels of contribution.

Any person can just do one thing and "leave" and disregard FC entirely (His name escapes me at this point, but I've heard that one of the redd "retirees" deleted his account entirely. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry to open old wounds)

However if you "retire", you just kinda respectfully step back for a while. As if a kind of passing of the torch.

The two terms have the same kind of definition but convey very different atmospheres one imagines of the event.

It's like the difference between bullets....and explosive bullets. Both kill the man....but with explosive rounds you want to make sure he explodes into every tiny bit he can count while his innards are exposed to daylight.

They're both bullets, but they convey different "intentions" or in this case "levels of death-ification....thing"

MedeDust
07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
You guys make me laugh.

Fiery Grave
07-24-2011, 01:35 AM
i am with eagle.... really its the same thing as with the newer members who have higher ranks than older members and then thinking they are some super boss....

examples...
ex 1. you been here two weeks and you want to leave (even for personal reasons) you wouldn't say that person has retired you would say that person didn't stay.
ex 2. you have been here 5-6 months you need to leave even with the intention of coming back... your leaving you've been here you have done things but now your leaving (and that includes leaving your army only)
ex 3. you have been here 1 - 1.5 years. you may have been in a war and a half (especially right now since it took so long for that one war to end) when you need to go your stepping down
ex. 4. you have been here 2-3 years (and played in at least 3 wars or so) if you leave with no intention of coming back you can say your retiring, if you just need to leave for personal reasons but want to come back your still stepping down
ex.5 you have been here 4+ years... you have probably played about 5 wars (at least) you have done lots for the community and are just done.... chances are you wont come back you can retire because your done with it your passing torches on to people with experience if you do come back chances are you will start at the bottom again and stay there for a while and just enjoy playing and not worry about politics.... thats still retirement....

bazonga since you seem to be taking this very personally i am aiming this next part at you.... your not retiring you leaving or stepping down right now... I also take offence to you saying that you made half of what blue is today.... you probably don't even understand what makes blue BLUE, you haven't been here long enough to experience it. BLUE is what it is because of the foundation of what old leaders like coolio, loco, and mythonian (even though myth is new he is still one of the great leaders) and I know you don't know who coolio is and I doubt you even know anything about loco's personality even though he was a BIG force in this community the entire time her was here.... half the nicknames and phrases we use come from that guy.

last war I created ICE squad in blue, it was my own Squad that i created completely, not inherited from another person, I choose members i set out goals and ideas on the way i wanted the squad to run, and although i had to leave in the middle of the last war the foundation of what i wanted ICE to be still carried through to the next two leaders who I am grateful for keeping the vision of the squad alive... my leadership ideals were very evident in continuing the squad. Now from the battles I had played in... and from what i hear other say... ICE was the best squad in blue (at the time, which made me proud) now that means we were played in battles that mattered most and the ones that ultimately decided whether we won the battle night or not... now following that line of logic :
Blue wins war
> Blue won most battle nights
> Blue wins battle night
> ICE wins the deciding matches of a majority of battle nights
> ICE is the best blue squad
> I created ICE
There fore I won for BLUE

now i know i didn't... blue as a whole pulled together to win that war but what i am trying to show is that although you played in battle nights and you may have won some matches... or even every match.... doesn't mean blue won because of you, you just won for Blue as a whole....

the way you stated your accomplishments made it sound like because of you we won, which is in no way true, you helped but it doesn't mean it was all on you.

and if you meant it in the way i am hoping you meant it, that you were a part of the winning army for one war, that means nothing at all... i have been on the victorious side of every war i have fought in (on both red and blue) besides one.... and thats about 4 wars i have hit my 3 year mark here and being on teh winning side means nothing to most people even if you were field marshal at the time. so pleas be more careful and realistic in your view of your self importance

thats my thoughts on the matter right now

OzzyIzSick
07-24-2011, 01:58 AM
I agree with Eagle fully. However, what you have done here makes a difference.

Somehow i got Purple Ribbon. And RaZ im sure, put alot of thought before giving it to me. So obviously theres more to being a "special person" in the community than just time. but im back for a short while to help REDD out because of everyone leaving after me.

bazongaman502
07-24-2011, 02:49 AM
i am with eagle.... really its the same thing as with the newer members who have higher ranks than older members and then thinking they are some super boss....

examples...
ex 1. you been here two weeks and you want to leave (even for personal reasons) you wouldn't say that person has retired you would say that person didn't stay.
ex 2. you have been here 5-6 months you need to leave even with the intention of coming back... your leaving you've been here you have done things but now your leaving (and that includes leaving your army only)
ex 3. you have been here 1 - 1.5 years. you may have been in a war and a half (especially right now since it took so long for that one war to end) when you need to go your stepping down
ex. 4. you have been here 2-3 years (and played in at least 3 wars or so) if you leave with no intention of coming back you can say your retiring, if you just need to leave for personal reasons but want to come back your still stepping down
ex.5 you have been here 4+ years... you have probably played about 5 wars (at least) you have done lots for the community and are just done.... chances are you wont come back you can retire because your done with it your passing torches on to people with experience if you do come back chances are you will start at the bottom again and stay there for a while and just enjoy playing and not worry about politics.... thats still retirement....

bazonga since you seem to be taking this very personally i am aiming this next part at you.... your not retiring you leaving or stepping down right now... I also take offence to you saying that you made half of what blue is today.... you probably don't even understand what makes blue BLUE, you haven't been here long enough to experience it. BLUE is what it is because of the foundation of what old leaders like coolio, loco, and mythonian (even though myth is new he is still one of the great leaders) and I know you don't know who coolio is and I doubt you even know anything about loco's personality even though he was a BIG force in this community the entire time her was here.... half the nicknames and phrases we use come from that guy.

last war I created ICE squad in blue, it was my own Squad that i created completely, not inherited from another person, I choose members i set out goals and ideas on the way i wanted the squad to run, and although i had to leave in the middle of the last war the foundation of what i wanted ICE to be still carried through to the next two leaders who I am grateful for keeping the vision of the squad alive... my leadership ideals were very evident in continuing the squad. Now from the battles I had played in... and from what i hear other say... ICE was the best squad in blue (at the time, which made me proud) now that means we were played in battles that mattered most and the ones that ultimately decided whether we won the battle night or not... now following that line of logic :
Blue wins war
> Blue won most battle nights
> Blue wins battle night
> ICE wins the deciding matches of a majority of battle nights
> ICE is the best blue squad
> I created ICE
There fore I won for BLUE

now i know i didn't... blue as a whole pulled together to win that war but what i am trying to show is that although you played in battle nights and you may have won some matches... or even every match.... doesn't mean blue won because of you, you just won for Blue as a whole....

the way you stated your accomplishments made it sound like because of you we won, which is in no way true, you helped but it doesn't mean it was all on you.

and if you meant it in the way i am hoping you meant it, that you were a part of the winning army for one war, that means nothing at all... i have been on the victorious side of every war i have fought in (on both red and blue) besides one.... and thats about 4 wars i have hit my 3 year mark here and being on teh winning side means nothing to most people even if you were field marshal at the time. so pleas be more careful and realistic in your view of your self importance

thats my thoughts on the matter right now

never said that and you know i didnt... i never said BLUE won because of me.. what i ment is that Half of what BLUE is right now is because of me... i created a Platoon, which grew to a company... which turned into the only battallion... if i dodnt follow through with my role, we could have fallen hard on our asses.

ICE was a great squad, i had the honor to have them in The Marines for a short time, but they were removed due to issues with the original marines and ICE... ICE was then moved to their own personal area (then they went REDD)... I was honored to hear ShemnueZero come to me saying "I know you could use another squad, i think i can help." and he did.

Im not taking all of the credit, just a small portion... BLUE stepped up all together and im DAMN proud of them... We were doing horrible when last WAR started but we turned around and got REDD backed into a corner... BLUE Army grew up and blossomned into a great Army...

Last WAR was fun... cracking jokes at each other even against lobbies... i even remember Andi at one point while we were deciding what game play we wanted to play and he heard us say "we will not play Hill 30" so he yelled to Myth "THEY SAID HILL 30!!!!"... sadly i know that fun will be gone. People are getting to serious and strict...

I would of loved to have more fun, but with my personal life taking over its getting really hard... once i get it organized i might come back, but im getting at the age that if i fall a little bit behind, im fucked for life... i have to get back on track and even further ahead.

I was never trying to say "look at me, im better then everyone"... what i was trying to say was "take a look at what i have done, however no more can be accomplished by me much longer due to personal issues"...

(not saying you did or anyone did) but dont place words in my mouth... i know what im talking about

Coldest
07-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Peace dude, life is WAY moar important to deal with than some forum. Nobody is going to take those ribbons from you man; and you will always have a place somewhere on a team if a you find some time on a sunday nite during a war....which is what some people seem to forget this place is really all about ;)

Hazy
07-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Peace dude, life is WAY moar important to deal with than some forum. Nobody is going to take those ribbons from you man; and you will always have a place somewhere on a team if a you find some time on a sunday nite during a war....which is what some people seem to forget this place is really all about ;)

Why can't I thumbs this up???????

Stupid FC and it's non-facebook-ness-ocity-thing....

Coldest
07-24-2011, 04:50 AM
shhhh, be quiet hazy...everyone is asleep and we don't need any1 knowing that I actually know what I'm talking about. lolololol

Hazy
07-24-2011, 04:53 AM
shhhh, be quiet hazy...everyone is asleep and we don't need any1 knowing that I actually know what I'm talking about. lolololol

Sleep?

Too mainstream.

GAMEHEEL
07-24-2011, 04:55 AM
What are we talkin' about????
Lately peple have been takin' thingz a little 2 seriously......
Itz so tense around the forums.......

Coldest
07-24-2011, 04:57 AM

Hazy
07-24-2011, 04:57 AM
Something about how you need a reputation for a long ass time on this site if you want to "retire" instead of "leave"

Yes this does apparently matter...

Also, sick propaganda Coldest.

GAMEHEEL
07-24-2011, 04:59 AM
Okay clear on that *i need to shut up* or they mite come.......
and I dont want to ruin the suprise.......
;)

Hazy
07-24-2011, 05:01 AM
You all saw nothing...

Coldest
07-24-2011, 05:04 AM

GAMEHEEL
07-24-2011, 05:12 AM
Sshhhhhhhhhhhh...........

gato
07-24-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm not going to read the entire thread, so if anyone said this, I apologize. Retiring is not after a year of doing ANYTHING. It does NOT matter if it's a Halo group or a job. You're quitting. Not retiring. Or in Eagles post (the one of the 4 I read) you're on "extended leave."

VerbotenDonkey
07-24-2011, 09:32 AM
I have to say, what is the point of this thread? Just seems like another thread to help start a flame war. Words are words. In my opinion, anyone having helped an Army or the community in /any/ way, maybe even just to lend a rifle for a few battles, deserves to have the official "right" to retire. They helped. Quitting is only used, like someone said above me, if they leave in hostile terms.

RaZ Vader
07-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey, good point donkey.

CLOSED