PDA

View Full Version : HoF

Twitch
07-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I had an Idea about Hall of Fame for FC.

There would be two kinds of Hall of Fames (HoF). One would be Squad Hall of Fame. The other Individual Hall of Fame.

Squad Hall of Fame:

Consists of some of the most respected and dominate squads that have fought or are still fighting in FC today. A nomination thread should be held where people can nominate squads.

Individual Hall of Fame:

Consists of some of the respected members of FC. Some of FC's successful Squad Leaders, Col., General's. etc.,
A Nomination Thread should be held where people can nominate themselves and others in the Ind HoF.

Note; Even though some people do not have a good reputation in FC they can still make it into the Individual HoF due to what they have done successfully. Ex: Did helpfull things around the Army or FC. Created a squad and was successful and respected for it. Became a LTG and did big things. Became a Forerunner and has done a lot to help the community as a whole.

All Nominations will be Looked at By WC and Decisions will be made by them.

Just a Suggestion I thought I would throw out there.

~Twitch

P.S.
The Forerunners are the final Decision Makers on Who goes in. Nominations and Votes are done by the Community.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Love the idea, but I see WAAAAAAYYYYYYY to much BS and fights over this. I really do. If this was to be implamented, nominations by all, but final choices on who enters by War Counil. I just got a bad feeling of what this could start.

Twitch
07-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Yeah the Forerunners are the final Deciders on Who goes in. Just Nominations and Votes are done by the Community.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM
I'd support this nominations were posted in a closed topic. No need for Polls/Votes as WC decides, anyone can nominate a person/unit. STRESS the closed topic. I really see lots of arguments and fights possibly coming out of this.

Twitch
07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
alright let me adjust the rules.

Twitch
07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Updated*

Fiery Grave
07-25-2011, 04:15 PM
there are some no brainers too, things like black heart for a squad and people like Mededust Mythonian Microjupiter coolio maybe Kuhblam, and last but not least (and really not last this is just off the top of my head) Raz

Twitch
07-25-2011, 04:26 PM
There are no brainers but they still have to go through the acceptance of the WC

Navarro0507
07-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I think another angle that should be added is that no one can nominate themselves or a unit they served with in order to keep it civil.

Twitch
07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
They are allowed mainly because If they served in a squad from 3 years ago...and only WC has heard of it and None of the new guys know them or the squad to nominate...You are allowed to nominate yourself or squad...But just be sure you actually did something because the WC can say no.

Navarro0507
07-25-2011, 04:33 PM
I could see your point, but the vanity of nominating yourself for something seems a bit petty... If someone was around for it I believe that they would nominate the squads or soldiers in question regardless...

Static
07-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Gread idea, but what like Ghost said, it would probably cause to many problems.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 04:49 PM
I agree on not nominating yourself. Players in sports don't nominate themselve for the HoF, their actions speak louder than their words.

If someone thinks they should be in the HoF I see no reason why they couldn't speak to someone asking for a nomination.

Edit: For the "no brainers" I think if it was to happen, the WC would create a "Base List" of who is in the Hall Of Fame as well as an outlined standard people/units must meet.

Scarekro
07-25-2011, 05:07 PM
It's a good idea, but I agree that it would start too much shit. People would be like "Oh, why aren't I in there? I single handedly won the war. Blahblahblah. Rabblerabblerabble."

Spartanbh
07-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Actually not a bad idea at all...What I would do is like how the actual Hall of Fame things run...by having a council of select few people (retired and active) vote in members...there will always be disagreements, but thats how HoFs work. Every year I wait for the NHL to induct Tom Barrasso and Pavel Bure to the Hockey Hall of Fame but it hasn't happened yet...people can deal with that though. Here is an example of how I would run that:

There would have to already be a foundation set up of people in the past and distant past that had huge influence already have shoo-ins (Micro, Snackman, Blackdragonn, etc..)...but after we get through those people, then we can start with the old-new generation and new generation...it could work.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
I'll alert the WC on this and get them a little more into the talk here. I think it may be workable, only concern being the drama that may happen.

Mr Funktastiiic
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Why not just have a wall of fame for the people who do the best in the wars aswell? like the person with most kills and assists?

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Why not just have a wall of fame for the people who do the best in the wars aswell? like the person with most kills and assists?

That's more an army thing. HoF Twitch is reffering to is for the community, good stats dont do anything for the community, plus we're not about skill here.

Spartanbh
07-25-2011, 05:29 PM
I'll alert the WC on this and get them a little more into the talk here. I think it may be workable, only concern being the drama that may happen.
There shouldn't be any drama...especially if you have the "best" brains deciding who deserves to be in it. If people are offended then tough shit, it'll just motivate them to do better. In the end, people that were very liked and the people that were disliked are going to be in the HoF.

Another cool idea to add to it could be that each inductee has a neat profile that's made by one of the graphic artists here. Kind of like a statue thing with the description of all the major accomplishments and influence that the inductee had. Example:

Raz (Has a graphic thing of a statue that is his Spartan in front of the FC logo, and the statue has a plaque that reads):

Join Date, End Date (for those that have one) Founder of FC Community, previous ranks held..., and then maybe a little bio that's 1-2 paragraphs with all the major accomplishments that he did.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Not a bad idea at all Spartan. I'll add that into the WC topic.

Nocte
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
If it gets to dramatic then we can stuff their damns mouths, we are all of age here where things should be handled maturely. If people start to bitch because people don't think they should be their. Well there is a reason, personal feelings should not be used when deciding those who are going to be in the FC HoF. If people bitch, well thats to bad.

This is to be an honorable notion to those who deserve it, so act honorable. It's just like the Medal of Honor, the only people who are to receive are members who go above and beyond what they are asked to do, or in doing their job so well they help this community alot.

KillerGUNNY132
07-25-2011, 05:50 PM
I've actually thought about this idea before, but the concern that always came up was that it would be SO easy to start bullshit. Egos would clash with other Egos and it would be a big mess.

But if the WC finds a way to mediate that somehow, then I'm all for it.

GhostHammer
07-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Currently being discussed by the WC. Stay tuned for updates...

Twitch
07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
You also can't forget the Squad HoF. Squads like Phenoix from H3. And Squads Like Dark Rain and Zulu. And Possibly Beyond Reality...Although 3 of them are the new generation squads you need your base from back in the H2 and H3 days...

But yes I agree to the WC doing everything. I just like to see players being acknowledged for their accomplishments. And I also like your Idea of a short Bio of the Player/Person.

And if everyone acts mature about it I'm sure it will go fine...If people feel they should be there and aren't then they apparently didn't do enough to be put there.

GhostHammer
07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Updates: Looks like this will be put into action. Adjustments are happening and pendin WC votes. Stay tuned for the HoF to open.

bazongaman502
07-26-2011, 02:44 PM
i like the idea... heres a few things id add/change:

-Inductions happen after every WAR.
-People who get placed in the HoF should type a small acceptence speech (thats what they do in sports anyways... but its usualy verbal)
-(for the Squad Area) That shouldnt really matter, except that squad had to of been disperced or retired (and has no return possible) to be inducted... Also shouldnt have only been about what there squad only did, it should also be what the squad did for other squads.

otherwise its a great idea, id love to be there on day, but alot of work will need to be done...

Spartanbh
07-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I'll help out with this if you guys want it...obviously I've been around awhile and I've known a lot of the people that have come through here that have had major impacts.

Kuhblam
07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
This is being discussed in the WC... however, the idea is being modified. Stay tuned.

~Kuhblam

Spartanbh
07-26-2011, 10:08 PM
"stay tuned"? What is this, a TV News Channel? :P

Twitch
07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
What about it is being modified?

Twitch
07-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Any Update?

Mythonian
07-28-2011, 05:33 PM
No.

RENGADE 0F FUNK
07-31-2011, 09:07 AM
Just wanna say, in this Hall Of Fame you should have a list of all Field Marshals and their estimated terms for both REDD and BLUE.