PDA

View Full Version : Suggestional thinking

DarkS1de Reborn
07-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Ya know all this drama crap that goes on is really starting to bother me.... It seems to me that NO ONE in this clan thingy doesn't really do anything but contradict and act hypocritically to what one another says... I mean everyone talks about respect and all this other bullshit but yet NO ONE follows any of it. Respect isn't just given because you're a superior officer or you have some sort of rank blah blah blah. This is a video game that we play and this is a community that plays said video game in a war simulation play style and in all reality it's not. we battle on sundays for control of maps congrats you've got a battle down. The rank system. Completely ridiculous. Yes it is set for showing who has a sense of "power" NO it is set to show who has more RESPONSIBILITY. There is no damn reason for anyone to show anyone respect just because they are higher up on a chain because 1. You are NOT part of a true army of any kind and have no formal training in a sense that you should just be handed respect because you think you're someone or because everyone else should believe you are somebody. 2. Respect is EARNED not given! Now there is a reason to show respect to one another just because that is the sensible thing to do since we are supposed to be acting as a COMMUNITY which let's see by definition means (A group of people living together in one place.) Sure doesn't look like were doing that all to well considering all I've ever seen is everyone get pissy and start shit over nothing or talk about nothing but who they are and how much power they have or blah blah blah. Just because you have "power" doesn't mean you can just throw it around. But anyway no one really shows anyone respect half the damn time and I see it ALL the time and yet I see some people do it and it's like okay whatever then others do it and they automatically get shit on for it. You can't just favor one person over another no matter who they are or you're just being a total bitch about every situation. But anyway the point is everyone should show EVERYONE respect just for the simple fact that we are supposed to be a community not just because of this imaginary bullshit ranks. HC should show even the lowest person respect and same goes for them it works all the way up the ladder and back down. As well onto this is that ANYONE has say to everything in a true community because that's how they work shit just can't be selectively said just because someone is higher than another. Everybody can voice their opinion and should have no repercussions because that's how the world works in a place like this it's not just someone can't say shit because you say so. We as human beings have that right sorry sad but true and if you don't like what that person has to say to damn bad that's how it works and there's no reason to get butthurt about any of it. I've been around here a small while and I've seen a lot of shit to where if I was still big into this stuff and this was my group that not a damn person would still be here because this shit would be done because some people let shit get way out of hand and some take shit way to far. Another thing that gets to me is that some people think it's okay to threaten others about being in here or if they say something someone doesn't like then their told to watch it or they're gone.. I mean really??? What kind of threat is that?? You're going to get banned for a short period or permabanned out of a group on a game??? It's a damn GAME. There are other so called "communities" out there and really it's just Sunday custom games I'm pretty sure they can continue on one way or another for that person. So why threaten that like someone truly cares like this place is their life? I'm sure people do care and don't ever want to leave this place and absolutely love it here and I don't blame them because things like this can be great specially for people who don't have many friends that play halo and what not but come on... Anyway I've stated my opinion and think that all said should really be taken into consideration just for the simple fact that every single damn person in this "community" is EQUAL not by rank so to say but as a damn person in general because there's not a damn person here that is any better than anyone else for any damn reason that's just a plain and simple fact of life so why don't we start acting that way?

And just an fyi for any of you who think telling me that I will be warned for this or anything along those lines or saying that this is disrespectful you are dead wrong and if so you really need a lesson on what respect truly means and is for that matter. And just in case anyone tries to start up with the threats or the hollow you will be kicked out stuff congrats on trying because I'll gladly quit before anyone can say anything about banning or kicking me out just sayin lol.

This post was sent out to a few others before being posted so they know NOTHING was changed.

And another thing. RESPECT XD

Fiery Grave
07-31-2011, 02:40 PM
maybe less use of the word damn but it does make a lot of sense

GhostHammer
07-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Is true on most levels, but that being said, this is a War Sim Community, and such respect is to be given to superior Officers.

DarkS1de Reborn
07-31-2011, 02:57 PM
This is a "War sim" in some peoples minds but in all reality it is nowhere near similar. I mean ya have your military based ranks (kinda) and your boot camps and what not but there is so much more than just that. This is just a battle sim more so than anything with imaginary ranks. Just because people have a rank does not mean they deserve anymore respect than the next person because this is also considered a community. A person is a person and we should all share respect just for the simple fact that without it we get nowhere and we should respect one another as the community that we are supposed to be the rank should have nothing to do with it other than show who has more responsibility and leadership. Should you respect higher ups? Yes to an extent but if they don't respect you then why the hell should you have to give it back? This is a fun game to play formed within a war sim COMMUNITY. This is not a job and that's all the military is. We are not fighting for our gamer freedom we are just battling as a group (rpg) against one another for fun and there are ranks established by responsibility and leadership nothing more nothing less so no1 at all should take it seriously as if we were in a military base community which is what a true war sim would be because there's no point in taking it seriously because it would suck all the butt fuckin fun outta even wanting to play ya know. I mean ghost I know who you are (indirectly) and here's a legit question for you. Why should I just up and show you respect just because you are higher up than me for whatever reason? What have you done for me that shows me you deserve my respect other than being part of the community ya know? And the same way around for you towards me. It just comes down to that I should respect you as a person in this community and you should do the same because without it we would get no where what so freaking ever lol. So my point to get across is that we should all just respect each other not because of rank but because we won't get anywhere without it and as people

And damn it Fiery I like the damn word damn lol.

Fiery Grave
07-31-2011, 03:03 PM
he is just saying that because some one is higher rank doesn't give them the right to demand respect from someone who is lower while not giving respect at the same time.... am i right?

DarkS1de Reborn
07-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Damn straight. Now I could understand if this truly was military based and we had all the real protocol and what not on how that would be different but since we are just a simulated community it should all be a give and take relationship style thing between everyone. Everybody should have the same amount of respect for one another unless there a reasons presented that shows that person should no longer be shown a certain amount of respect. Like say ghost I walked up to you like I do with Mythonian and just called you a fat ass lol. If that pissed you off even me joking should I have any respect from you? Maybe a little like just enough for us to work together as "war buddies" so to say and get shit done but other than that no sir now if I was dead seriously calling you fat then I should get no respect what so ever just for being a complete ass to you but that would be directly to you and no1 else. So more like a give and take system. Like me I respect EVERYONE until they give me a reason not to. But it just boils down to that everyone should give and receive respect no matter who they are in this community unless there is just a damn good reason why one person shouldn't show that person respect. Now that doesn't mean go off your rocker and just start blasting one another with dis respectful shit and telling one another to do this or that it should still be kept civil but with in your own minds there should be a boundary of some sort saying this fucker doesn't deserve or get my respect because of blank and leave it at that and try to work together or as a community to just get the ball going.

GhostHammer
07-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Here's how this place works.

Everyone gets a basic, standard level of respect. This is even between all members regardless of rank or position.

Then there is a level of respect regarding the War Sim, where it is given to superior Officers. They should be respecting you as much as you respect them, however their rank is superior, and their orders are to be carried out, as long as they do not break the accords and they are not abusing powers.

Scarekro
07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
You should consider making paragraphs because I'm not even gonna begin to start reading that one block of text. From what I've read, you don't like this community or what we do. And that's about all I can get out of it. Something about respect and something about it just being a game. Yes, this is just a game but a lot of us quite like the role playing. And that's why we give respect to the higher ranks. Because it doesn't matter if you like your superiors on a personal level. You still need to respect them and follow orders. In official FC events anyways.

ShenmueZero v2
07-31-2011, 03:15 PM
There is so much truth in what kc is saying, that there is no point in argunig against it. With that said, there is so much imaturity in fc that someone is, bound to take offense to it and bitch.

DarkS1de Reborn
07-31-2011, 03:25 PM
I know very well how this place works and how war sims work because I have led my own and all that jazz. And I know from personal experience and seeing it going on through this place as well that there should just be one level of respect. Yes you should do what superiors want to an extent at least on battle nights but there should just be one flat level of respect all around.

And that block of text was one continuos run on paragraph. It needed no breaks. And at no point did I even remotely come close to saying or insinuating I don't like this place. Otherwise I wouldn't have stayed here as long as I have and for most of you who don't know I have been here much longer than since jan 2011 lol. That's just around the time I came back again for the hell of it. And because poeple kept bitching to come back.

Fiery Grave
07-31-2011, 03:27 PM
cody you say that it this does happen often where a higher ranking person thinks he is better than some one lower because he has this imaginary rank, it happens a lot more with new guys who get promoted too quickly to learn what its like to be in the lower rung ranks and they suddenly have all this "power" and start becoming egotistical and assholes

Look at me, i have been here 3 years now, there are under 10 people here who have been here longer than me and are still active in battles, only in the last war have i actually gotten a squad (though i did have a squad of inactive members once in the never ending war but because no one could ever make battles it had to be disbanded and that last like a month not even) to lead on my own, this is the highest rank i have been in FC, but some new people (this more happened in blue army last war and i left shortly after it started) and they tried telling me how i should be running things even though i have been here 3 years and do understand thing way better than they would for being here two months... but because they had a higher rank they thought they knew more and could boss me (and alcapone) around and tell us how to run our squad.... which was doing great last war on its own

Kuhblam
07-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Here's how this place works.

Everyone gets a basic, standard level of respect. This is even between all members regardless of rank or position.

Then there is a level of respect regarding the War Sim, where it is given to superior Officers. They should be respecting you as much as you respect them, however their rank is superior, and their orders are to be carried out, as long as they do not break the accords and they are not abusing powers.

Correct.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what I see here is simply a rant with some good advice.

To everyone: We will honestly never know if you respect your immediate CO or not unless you straight tell us. Maybe we can suspect your true feelings by ascertaining how you talk about so-and-so, but we're not inside your head. I won't know, Raz won't know, etc. All we ask is that you obey your immediate CO and their COs so long as their orders are not ridiculous fluff. If you have a problem with a leader's style, then there are about fifteen billion others around to voice your concerns to.

~Kuhblam

GhostHammer
07-31-2011, 03:31 PM
cody you say that it this does happen often where a higher ranking person thinks he is better than some one lower because he has this imaginary rank, it happens a lot more with new guys who get promoted too quickly to learn what its like to be in the lower rung ranks and they suddenly have all this "power" and start becoming egotistical and assholes

I dont disagree on that, which is why there is a lot of WC convoersation about ensuring this dosn't happen.

All I can say is the systems in place are in place whether you agree with them or not, and they're not going to change anytime soon.

Gargoyle
07-31-2011, 03:44 PM
This is the way I see it plain as possible: People at higher ranks have usually done something to get it. I don't really say that you have to respect the person, but respect the rank. And thats only really on fc events.

silversleek
07-31-2011, 03:50 PM
You should consider making paragraphs because I'm not even gonna begin to start reading that one block of text.

^