PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Dog Tag System

Lightning
07-31-2011, 04:29 PM
DICE has revealed new info about the dog tag system in Battlefield 3. This time around, the developer claims that the dog tags in the game will be much more customizable than in the past, and will be your "personal calling card". When you take down an enemy, these tags are going to be what your enemy sees. Since these new tags will be customizable in the stats you show off to your victims, you can let them know just how good you are with any one of the large arsenal of weapons in the game.“We have hundreds of dog tags that can be your personal calling card. Every time you kill an enemy, they see your tags. It’s your calling card – it’s your place to brag, and dynamic tags can show off how great you are with a knife, a jet, or even show off your personal play style.” said Alan Kertz in latest edition of BattleBlogAs we've seen in the gameplay videos of Battlefield 3 multiplayer, there are new brutal knife takedowns incorporated into the game. You'll need to sneak up behind your enemy to perform the "assassination", but if you do, you'll be rewarded handsomely with your opponents custom tags.

Source: xboxmb.com (http://www.xboxmb.com/)

Kuhblam
07-31-2011, 05:01 PM
I like, even though they're sorta copying the emblem system from Halo like CoD did with it's player cards.

~Kuhblam

Lightning
07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but I think in this it's more of stats on your emblem and maybe your clan tag rather than an emblem or such.

Deathhawk
07-31-2011, 05:43 PM
1243When you take down an enemy, these tags are going to be what your enemy sees.

there are new brutal knife takedowns incorporated into the game. You'll need to sneak up behind your enemy to perform the "assassination", but if you do, you'll be rewarded handsomely with your opponents custom tags. [/COLOR]
Source: xboxmb.com (http://www.xboxmb.com/)

So they ripped off the CoD playercards (which, wasn't really CoD's to begin with...)

Then went directly to Halo Reach assassinations?

Nice!

Lightning
07-31-2011, 06:11 PM
It's not an entire assassination animation, I'm sure. DICE has always had there own stuff. I pretty sure it will be great.

bazongaman502
07-31-2011, 06:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_q-ZwKKAc4

im excited for this game now... fuck Call of Duty... im glad they brought assassinations in this and the fact that they implimented the Dog tags better... im fuckin pumped for this game... idc if they take ideas from other games, they have every reason to... this is/was/always will be the Call of Duty killer that everyone talks about

Also at 5:40-6:00 are two of many assasinations

d3ad1te
07-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Its not even assassinations. It's more realistic melee, I mean when you stab a guy with a knife, YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY STAB THAT MOFO.

Its the next step in the evolution of FPS.

Lightning
07-31-2011, 07:24 PM
It might be safer to take that video down. The people who were invited to a alpha beta were to sign a agreement that now gameplay would be leaked..if the right person sees that, who know's who would get blamed.

bazongaman502
07-31-2011, 07:58 PM
It might be safer to take that video down. The people who were invited to a alpha beta were to sign a agreement that now gameplay would be leaked..if the right person sees that, who know's who would get blamed.

1) Not my video, they took their own risk
2) And? i care? Its their fault if they get caught
3) I cant get in trouble for it

Lightning
07-31-2011, 08:02 PM
1) Not my video, they took their own risk
2) And? i care? Its their fault if they get caught
3) I cant get in trouble for it

Aye, your correct. However, I'm just considering it. I wouldn't want you getting in trouble for "helping" this guy spread this information.

bazongaman502
07-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Aye, your correct. However, I'm just considering it. I wouldn't want you getting in trouble for "helping" this guy spread this information.

i cant get in trouble for it... i can guarentee that.

Only way possible is if they think i shot that video, but i didnt lol

i appreciate it that your lookin out for that tho

Lightning
07-31-2011, 08:19 PM
i cant get in trouble for it... i can guarentee that.

Only way possible is if they think i shot that video, but i didnt lol

i appreciate it that your lookin out for that tho

No problem, Blue (;. Either way nice footage.

RetRdidMunkie
07-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I like, even though they're sorta copying the emblem system from Halo like CoD did with it's player cards.

~Kuhblam

Yeah, because halo invented that /sarcasm

Nocte
07-31-2011, 11:50 PM
This game is going to be perfect in every way shape or form. If CoD can product a semi-good game every year then EA and Dice can make this game perfectly.

Hazy
08-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Dude....beautiful.

Only gripe I have is that something seems....off about the gun sounds. Some of them kinda sound like toys for some reason.

It's so minor that I honestly won't care either way but it's a bit of a pet peeve

Lightning
08-01-2011, 06:40 AM
I luvshh the graphics >:O they make me want to punch CoD.

Kuhblam
08-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, because halo invented that /sarcasm

Halo 2 is the primary game I can remember with an early emblem system. There were others, but H2 left the biggest mark.

~Kuhblam

RetRdidMunkie
08-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Halo 2 is the primary game I can remember with an early emblem system. There were others, but H2 left the biggest mark.

~Kuhblam

FUCK KOALAS! KANGAROOS ARE BETTER!!!

DogmaticAMAN
08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
No one cared when halo and COD stole Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2s loadout system :P

Battlefield 3 is gonna destroy cod :clap:

SuRroundeD By 1
09-04-2011, 04:34 PM
There are currently 34,800 unique combinations of dogtags that players can create. There is a left and right dog tag and each one is customizable.