PDA

View Full Version : New Idea for FC: Squad of the week

gunr118
08-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Squad of the week would be a great addition that could help squads become closer, better and more responsible. It would be given to one squad from each army who is voted to be the best of the week, by their respected high commands. This new feature could be awarded to squads based off of amount of skirmishes held, battle performance, a squads overall respect for the community rules/ ranks etc... I think it would help motivate squads to become better as a team and would also give more depth to our FC experience. Along with squad of the week we could highlight a key player who was in each squad based off their individual accomplishments in that given week. Both of these would obviously be big honors for a squad to hold, Key player being the bigger of the two. Please give me any feedback whenever you have free time.

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I like this idea. I think we used to have a "Player Of The Week" thing like this. I did enjoy reading them.

VerbotenDonkey
08-02-2011, 12:48 AM
I don't think there are enough Squads to do this weekly >_>

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't think there are enough Squads to do this weekly >_>

Speak for yourself. We got LOADS in REDD.

VerbotenDonkey
08-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Hm, maybe. I guess I over-reacted at first. It might take two months or so to cycle through all the Squads if they managed to go one by one.

d3ad1te
08-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Do it!

ChillSquishster
08-02-2011, 01:40 AM
We use to have something like that except it for one soldier for each army per month. I think it should be more of a monthly thing tho rather than a weekly thing.

iFurrious
08-02-2011, 02:15 AM
We use to have something like that except it for one soldier for each army per month. I think it should be more of a monthly thing tho rather than a weekly thing.

I agree, maybe a squad of the month

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree, maybe a squad of the month

Perhaps we could rotate one from each army every week, thus doubling the length it could run! :D

Or even include old units from the past... Hmmm.....

Static
08-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Great idea, hope we can implement this idea into the symstem.

Scarekro
08-02-2011, 04:06 AM
Or we could rotate a "Thing of the Month" thing in and out. One month we do a "Player of the Month". The next month we do "Squad of the Month". The next month we do "Officer of the Month." Or we could mix all of that in with biweekly things.

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Me likey.

Nocte
08-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Perhaps we should just add this to the HoF? It would make sense.

Scarekro
08-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Perhaps we should just add this to the HoF? It would make sense.

That's actually exactly what I was thinking. It's a damn good idea. And we could have a ribbon or something for being inducted. Because.... ya know.... being inducted isn't enough. XP

Fuzzy
08-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Or we could rotate a "Thing of the Month" thing in and out. One month we do a "Player of the Month". The next month we do "Squad of the Month". The next month we do "Officer of the Month." Or we could mix all of that in with biweekly things.

I like this idea, we should have it called "Monthly Fame" and we have certain categories as you stated for every month. The category for the month would be announced at the start of the month and throughout the month the users are allowed to nominate the desired person/unit/thing, at the end of the month the nominations are collected and War Council picks the winner.

It should also be a sub-category within the HoF.

Syfe
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM
I like parts of these ideas, only because; only half of them would actually work.

I hope it doesn't devolve into another popularity contest, or worse; friends voting for friends.

It'd be interesting to see exactly who would do the "judging".

I don't agree with a squad leader being awarded a ribbon for running a squad.

It's his job.

Period.

An entire squad shouldn't depend on one "key" player.

A true leader already knows who his "key" players are.

What happens on the forums and what happens on the field are two separate things.

You'd have to take all factors regarding activity into consideration upon making any type of decision.

Start by looking at who actually does their job, both on the field; and off the field.

Reward properly and just.

silversleek
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Or even include old units from the past... Hmmm.....

that's a terrible idea. i don't know about anyone else, but personally i don't want to miss a chance to get into the squad of the week position because a squad that's no longer even apart of fc were better than us back when they were here in H2 or w/e. if your going to honour those squads, you should put it in a different part of the HOF.

Kuhblam
08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
More importantly, this shouldn't even be in the HoF. That honors people who have made a mark on this community. Good players are a dime a dozen in FC. More importantly, there are no squads in current era that merit any kind of HoF status, and I don't care what anyone says.

Anyways... this weekly thing should not be recorded formally in the HoF; if anyone who wins wants to make a note of winning, let them edit their signature.

~Kuhblam

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 02:08 PM
More importantly, there are no squads in current era that merit any kind of HoF status, and I don't care what anyone says.

This. Also, HoF is for people who've done lots for the Commuity, not an army.

Scarekro
08-02-2011, 02:40 PM
So HoF would be for past squads, and the "Thing of the Month" would be for current members/units.

iFurrious
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
So HoF would be for past squads, and the "Thing of the Month" would be for current members/units.

And then at the end of the year we could have a "Thing of the Year." That would be a vote and all the people, squads, etc... who won "Thing of the Month."

GhostHammer
08-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Perhaps instead of "years" we could do every war? Have a squad/unit included for each army as the war thing?

So we could feature a squad from each army for every week, and in the end have everyone vote on the end of war feature? Just a thought.

Scarekro
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Is this to be discussed in the War Council?

iFurrious
08-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Perhaps instead of "years" we could do every war? Have a squad/unit included for each army as the war thing?

So we could feature a squad from each army for every week, and in the end have everyone vote on the end of war feature? Just a thought.

Yeah at the end of each war woud be better than after the year.

sin180nyc
08-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Gentlemen,
There will be many factors for these awards. I myself believe this will be a great idea for it will bring moral up as well as make the Soldiers know that their blood and sweat meant something. I myself as and active duty soldier should know this 1st hand. here are great examples of real military awards that can be implemented on FC:

Presidential Unit Citation- Empreror's Unit Citation (Highest Unit Commendation)
Valorous Unit Award
Army Superior Unit Award -
Distinguish Service Medal

TABs: Presidential 100- "100 top-scoring military and civilian shooters in the President's Pistol and President's Rifle Matches".

Others that also can be work in with some adjustment.

Liberation Medal's (i.e Kuwait, Saudi Arabia)
Defense Medal's (i.e Korea)

Just some insight.

RaZ Vader
08-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I personally just like the simple squad of the week, or maybe even month would work.

gunr118
08-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I think the "thing of the year" for all the squads that one for the "thing of the month" is a great idea. Whether this be implemented monthly or weekly i think it would make FC a much more immersive and fun environment. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Agos3
08-02-2011, 09:20 PM
very interesting post here, not a bad idea at all

Nicholas Sapien
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Gentlemen,
There will be many factors for these awards. I myself believe this will be a great idea for it will bring moral up as well as make the Soldiers know that their blood and sweat meant something. I myself as and active duty soldier should know this 1st hand. here are great examples of real military awards that can be implemented on FC:

Presidential Unit Citation- Empreror's Unit Citation (Highest Unit Commendation)
Valorous Unit Award

TABs: Presidential 100- "100 top-scoring military and civilian shooters in the President's Pistol and President's Rifle Matches".

Just some insight.

we should listen^^^^

VerbotenDonkey
08-02-2011, 10:11 PM
If Wolf Squad gets a medal I'd be estatic.

Totes McGotes
08-02-2011, 10:33 PM
I like the idea and I hope this will work in the future or pretty soon.

UNLUCKY NUM13ER
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
I think this is a great idea, if we decide to impliment it we should take into account which squad has the most members turnout, most wins in battle, and has the best teamwork.

Navarro0507
08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Gentlemen,

Valorous Unit Award

Just some insight.

Chief SIN,

AMAZING, a bit complicated for the STAT takers but I LOVE IT! GREAT IDEA BROTHER!