PDA

View Full Version : Hockey!

HeavyArms
08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
Seeing as we dont have many topics in here that arent about football or basketball. How bout we talk about a real sport? Hockey.

Who here plays? What do you play? Do you watch? Who do you pull for?

I play Goalie, which is one hard thing to play. Flipping around like crazy to get the puck away. Jeeze man.

I also watch and pull for the Cane, and Tim Thomas and Chara.

Spartanbh
08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Lol there are like 5 people in this whole community that actually care about the only sport really worth watching. I play Dek hockey and I am (usually) a winger...I wanna learn how to skate really badly though. Hockey is my life and I want my dream job to be an NHL scout...no matter what it takes.

Anyhoo, I'm a die-hard Pittsburgh Penguins fan (as we all should know by now). I watch pretty much every single game that I can and I normally go to about 20+ a year (season ticket holder here)! My brother and I have a mission to go to every hockey arena in the NHL lol...so far I've been to Pittsburgh (obviously), Columbus, Philly, and Florida (to both teams). Next on the list are the obvious: Washington, Buffalo, both NY teams, and NJ.

Top 5 favorite teams:
Pittsburgh Penguins
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Kings
Boston Bruins
Tampa Bay Lighting (and Toronto Maple Leafs)

Teams I HATE:
Philadelphia Flyers
Washington Capitals
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators

Favorite players:
On Pens (aside from the obvious Sidney Crosby): Tyler Kennedy, Jordan Staal, Zbynek Michalek, Chris Kunitz
Around rest of the NHL: Dustin Brown, Pavel Datsyuk, Tim Thomas, Zdeno Chara, Zach Parise, Jonathan Towes, Patrick Kane, Dustin Byfuglien, Mark Recchi (even though he retired =[ ), Ryan Kesler, Bobby Ryan, Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, Marty St. Louis, Steve Stamkos, Nick Lidstrom, and Anze Kopitar...to name a few lol.

Acid
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer(The real football)

I actually want to go to a Hockey game. I have yet to do so.

Maxdoggy
08-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Detroit Red Wings all the way!!

(I'm from 40 minutes north of Detroit so it makes sense - lol).

HockeyTown FTW!

HeavyArms
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Chara and Thomas are beast. I wish I had half of Thomas's skill man. Ive only gone to one Canes game cause I dont have money. But when I join the airforce that wont be a problem. Lol, I want to get full Goalie gear that Cam Ward has. This be my dream.

Fuzzy
08-02-2011, 11:26 PM
I am a huge Hockey fan but I am Canadian so that doesn't say much.

I play Center or Right-Wing in Ice Hockey. My favorite team is Ottawa Senators because they are the local team but they tend to suck in the past years.

Spartanbh
08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Ewwww Ottawa XD...luckily i won't have to worry about them for a few years because of how bad their depth is lol. Their prospects aren't very good aside from select few...they pretty much need to revamp their ENTIRE team.

Fuzzy
08-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Ewwww Ottawa XD...luckily i won't have to worry about them for a few years because of how bad their depth is lol. Their prospects aren't very good aside from select few...they pretty much need to revamp their ENTIRE team.

I know my team sucks. It is really demoralizing having a team that one year can get into the Stanley Cup Finals than the following years be one of the worst teams. I have to cheer for them though as they are my local team and I cant give up on them for being bad.

Maxdoggy
08-02-2011, 11:45 PM
The Red Wings have the best veterans in the league. Hands down.

That's just how we skate. :P

Spartanbh
08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
I love the Red Wings organization and they have some of the classiest players...I just hate their fan base. But Pavel Datsyuk is by far one of my favorite players of all time...there is no player in the league that has the hands that he does...and Lidstrom is the Gold Standard for defensemen. Zetterberg is a pretty cool guy too lol. Just a classy organization all together.

HeavyArms
08-03-2011, 08:55 AM
From what I've seen, the Red Wing fans are like Eagle fans. Loud and annoying.

Maxdoggy
08-03-2011, 10:50 AM
From what I've seen, the Red Wing fans are like Eagle fans. Loud and annoying.

Keep in mind that everyone that has access to alcohol tends to be loud and annoying. The people of HockeyTown are definitely passionate about their hockey, that's for sure. :P

Spartanbh
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Using the term "passionate" is a bad excuse lol, cause thats the same why Flyer Fans and Habs fans describe themselves, when in reality it's just being obnoxious and sometimes even dangerous.

Pens fans (for the most part) are very respectable towards other fans...sure we may boo certain people, but we don't spit, throw stuff, or constantly slander the other fans that walk in like Flyers and Habs fans do. We just respect the game of hockey and realize that we aren't the ones on the ice, so we shouldn't be starting the fights lol.

HeavyArms
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM
This is true haha.

HellSpawn 101
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
ive been a penguins fan every since i started watching hockey but now i got to make room for my jets since there back in town

Spartanbh
08-03-2011, 01:50 PM
I really want the Jets to do good this year...But they are just still so weak up front. They need to get some scoring depth, because Byfuglien and Enstrom can't carry the team every game. They really need Kane and Burmistrov to step it up this year.

HellSpawn 101
08-03-2011, 03:40 PM
you're bang on they are week down centre i still see the jets only getting as far as 8th still in the basement. the east is going to be tough from all the improvements teams have made even buffalo and florida look good from the moves they have made through FA/Trade

Agos3
09-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Lets Go Blackhawks!!!!!