PDA

View Full Version : Respect works both ways

JokerJerryA-13
08-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Edited: Convo WC Material; redirected to the WC.

Gargoyle
08-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you Jerry for throwing the first punch to a probable flame war....>.<

JokerJerryA-13
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
A flame war is not my intention here. I am showing a flaw in the system that I believe needs to be addressed. There is no reason that this should turn into something ugly when it can be used to make adjustments.

Gargoyle
08-04-2011, 03:55 PM
May I ask for more information then? You left out huge parts.

JokerJerryA-13
08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
The back story is not important, and is not my place to say more than I did on it. I use it as an example because that conversation thread fits what I wanted to show... that rank can be, and is often, abused. It should not be about who your friends are, but about the qualities you have. Punishmentsfor officers should be worse than that of soldiers because so much more is expected of them.

Navarro0507
08-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Joker,

Honestly you tread on thin ICE with this thread. I completely agree with the fact that RESPECT works both ways. Myself being a retired soldier I learned early on that you get more out of your men by respecting them and taking care of them, than out of using the rank on your collar like a pedestal to stand on. Now here I am as on Officer, and the one thing I could say is that an Officer must conduct themselves in a way very differently that any enlisted. In fact they must carry themselves in a manor the emanates professionalism and respect. If an Officer can't do that he shouldn't be one! I can guarantee that none of the men currently serving under my command have ever felt disrespected by me in any way. I am sorry you have had to deal with this "situation". But then again how far was the officer in question pushed before these communications started. It sounds like the person in question's patience had run out. But this isn't a Court Room thread so the conversation isn't what's being discussed here.

POINT BEING: RESPECT DOES WORK BOTH WAYS, and Officers have a RESPONSIBILITY to emanate respect AT ALL TIMES even when their patience on a subject has run thin.

d3ad1te
08-04-2011, 04:15 PM
The back story is not important, and is not my place to say more than I did on it. I use it as an example because that conversation thread fits what I wanted to show... that rank can be, and is often, abused. It should not be about who your friends are, but about the qualities you have. Punishmentsfor officers should be worse than that of soldiers because so much more is expected of them.

Your sir are a very smart man.

There is a very big problem here.

Gargoyle
08-04-2011, 04:18 PM
The back story is actually important here because if this is about what (or who) Im thinking of, that it does become important.

Fiery Grave
08-04-2011, 04:19 PM
this is true... but i can tell exactly who this conversation is between and about... its true that there may have been a slight amount of too much aggression on one side but its also clear that the other side was not getting the point either in this example and after telling him several times that he cannot just do what the he wants he keeps insisting that he will.... that was the problem.... and this person is known to anger people easily.

JokerJerryA-13
But then again how far was the officer in question pushed before these communications started. It sounds like the person in question's patience had run out.

Thats a good point, in so much that it really shouldn't matter. If a manager at a company were to blow up like that, they could and probobly would be sued and fired. In the military they would be sanctioned in some way, but here it is becoming the norm.

Thank you for brining that point up, as I was hoping someone would ask that.

GhostHammer
Thread is closed pending delete. WC choices are final and are between those involved. Whoever has dealt with the issue has it finalized, there is a reason the WC forums are not visible to the regular members.

Closed.