PDA

View Full Version : PSA: A Reminder

Kuhblam
08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Respect does indeed go both ways.

However, when I see people preaching about it, I don't see them give any in return.

I see fights bordering on flaming, people threatening one another if they give their opinions. The superiority complex that arises with a rank has gone out the roof at all levels, and sometimes I'm ashamed that I stayed out of all those resignations to try and keep helping this place.

There were times when this didn't happen. COs set a good example for their men, and that good behavior carried over to their men. When the time came, they were able to put on a mature state of mind. When they needed to, however, they were able to joke with their men and act like normal people would around friends. Respect was mutually shared between both armies; officers did not insult Generals, veterans did not act so hostile to newer members, etc.

I'm not going to make this post endlessly long. I'm not here to threaten you with punishment, or to talk to you on government and economics. Contrary to my blog, I bring you a different message... a reminder of how you should act. Consider it a suggestion.

Be the bigger man.

Let your verbal opponent have the last word. Suck it up when you're pissed about something. Let your actions be the means to get your points across, and you will succeed in what you want accomplished.

This is my challenge to you. Each and everyone of you.

That is all.

~Kuhblam