PDA

View Full Version : vBookie betting...

Navarro0507
08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
I think we should take into consideration an incentive for betting on the "underdog" for a given battle. i.e. There is 300 vcash to being bet to for REDD to take "Whatever" map, and 3000 being bet for BLUE to take that map. I think it would be fair that if the guys who bet for REDD to win recieved some sort of multiplier for thier cash instead of just doubling down. Maybe it can be capped on X5 so that underdog betters don't end up TRUMPing the community economy. On the closer bets there would be less of a multiplier... Thoughts?

GhostHammer
08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Odds and betting in the same place? Who'd have thought!

I'm curious now why that already isn't in place, unless of course vBookie dosn't allow it...

Syfe
08-05-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm really liking the idea.

I feel that by implementing said system, it would offer any individual interested a lot more incentives; resulting in in a more sophisticated type of vCash Bookie wagering.

It would also add that "Jackpot" feel we all know and love.

I fully support this suggestion.

Great job, Captain!

Mythonian
08-05-2011, 02:21 PM
vBookie does not support:

odds based on bet amounts.
Jackpot features

vBookie does, however, allow us to determine odds before submitting the event in the first place. I considered doing the odds based on troop counts, but decided against it.

Navarro0507
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I would believe that a multiplier on the winning side wouldn't be too much work. The only thing that would be adjusted would be the payout at the end, and I'm sure the winners wouldn't mind waiting an extra day while these calculations are being made...

VerbotenDonkey
08-05-2011, 02:37 PM
They be hatin' us for our money. =(

Mythonian
08-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I would believe that a multiplier on the winning side wouldn't be too much work. The only thing that would be adjusted would be the payout at the end, and I'm sure the winners wouldn't mind waiting an extra day while these calculations are being made... If we end up with more people volunteering to help with the Statbook, then I would be fine with doing more work. Otherwise, I've got enough to do around here.

Anyway, the payouts are automatic. They would need to be adjusted manually and individually.

Navarro0507
08-05-2011, 02:44 PM
I see... that does add a layer of complication. How about making an odds adjustment on Saturday based on the betting difference, that way the payout would in turn be automatic. Either way I would be willing to volunteer to help with the vBookie. I could take care of that on a Monday or Tuesday the latest. STATtracking for the entire community wouldn't be resonable for me.

They be hatin' us for our money. =(

I'm not "hatin'" you guys for your money. I'm just trying to even the playing field on ALL fronts ECONOMY included.

cCrisis
08-05-2011, 06:36 PM
vBookie does not support:

odds based on bet amounts.
Jackpot features

vBookie does, however, allow us to determine odds before submitting the event in the first place. I considered doing the odds based on troop counts, but decided against it.

you should make the odds depending on how the war is going so far.

make the odd's dependent on the overall map control of each army. so if one army is controlling 3/4 the war map their odds are really high of winning so the pay out would be less than double. say they bet 1000 on the winning army, their payout would be 1.25x1000 instead of 1000x2 and a payout of 2.75 for the losing army bets.

currently red has 9 maps out of 22 while blue has 13 out of 22. red payout would be 22/9 while blue would be 22/13.

total number of maps available / number of maps controlled by specific army(originalbet) = payout