PDA

View Full Version : Another suggestional thought.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 08:37 PM
REDD NEEDS A NEW FIELD MARSHAL. Just saying. And for the record there is no disrespect in this just an open honest opinion. And I do believe this is a thread for suggestions and suggestions are a form of opinion and there is no rule stating that I am not allowed to state my opinion in one form or another. You don't like it suck my dick. End of story.

Gargoyle
08-05-2011, 09:00 PM
When you say things like suck my dick then it becomes problems KC.

Plus, what reasons do you have for a new field mushroom?

Metkil5685
08-05-2011, 09:06 PM
When you say things like suck my dick then it becomes problems KC.

Plus, what reasons do you have for a new field mushroom?

Like any new members get the mushroom.

However, he is right. We allow people to communicate their feelings and opinions openly, we just ask you do it in a respectful manner. Telling people to go suck a dick, is not a respectful way. Because of it, I am going to have to issue a warning and an infraction.

Also, would care to explain your reasoning?

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 09:12 PM
For the record I am quite aware of the rules and "accords" and there is nothing stating that I may not state my opinion as well as making the statement "you don't like it suck my dick" because that was another open suggestion so no disrespect intended. Just being an ass with a rather raunchy suggestion but still no disrespect behind it what so ever. As well as the definition of disrespect is lack of respect or courtesy and I was quite courteous by stating that openly and not just towards one person it was just an open invitation. As for saying redd needs a new FM, just that he doesn't seem completely fit to be in control of redd. From everything I've seen, heard, been told, blah blah blah in my honest opinion he is not fit for the role of a leader. Yet another opinion but still. And if this place is supposed to be treated as a real "military" style war sim then it is in my rights as an active "private or whatever the hell I am" to make an open statement towards any commanding officer within reason. The officer may not like it and it might be out of place but as all areas of military those are the rules.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 09:17 PM
However, he is right. We allow people to communicate their feelings and opinions openly, we just ask you do it in a respectful manner. Telling people to go suck a dick, is not a respectful way. Because of it, I am going to have to issue a warning and an infraction.

If this is true then may I ask why Jokers post yesterday was brought to the WC. Because I read everything he said and while it may have been out of place and what not it was still his opinion and he used cold hard facts to back up what he was saying but yet when he did that he was wrong for doing so.

Metkil5685
08-05-2011, 09:19 PM
If this is true then may I ask why Jokers post yesterday was brought to the WC. Because I read everything he said and while it may have been out of place and what not it was still his opinion and he used cold hard facts to back up what he was saying but yet when he did that he was wrong for doing so.

I'll be honest, I don't even know what was going on with that. I was busy all day yesterday and never got a chance to look at it. One of the other admins will have to comment on that.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Okay well either way it should be brought to attention that what you stated a minute ago is obviously not how things work if other people become involved. But I'm not sure if you read the statement above the quote but it does state my reasons as well as a rebuttal to the infraction.

MedeDust
08-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Joker posted a topic not to bring up the issue of the conversation in the example but to bring about a thought. He used the conversation to be able to explain his opinion and what needed to be said. The whole topic was about lower ranking members being at an unjust disadvantage when faced in a situation against a Veteran and/or HC.GhostHammer closed the topic and removed the post and said the issue was already self with.Reality is the real issue brought to the attention of the community was not dealt with rather ignored and removed from the public eye.

Navarro0507
08-05-2011, 09:25 PM
For the record I am quite aware of the rules and "accords" and there is nothing stating that I may not state my opinion as well as making the statement "you don't like it suck my dick" because that was another open suggestion so no disrespect intended. Just being an ass with a rather raunchy suggestion but still no disrespect behind it what so ever. As well as the definition of disrespect is lack of respect or courtesy and I was quite courteous by stating that openly and not just towards one person it was just an open invitation. As for saying redd needs a new FM, just that he doesn't seem completely fit to be in control of redd. From everything I've seen, heard, been told, blah blah blah in my honest opinion he is not fit for the role of a leader. Yet another opinion but still. And if this place is supposed to be treated as a real "military" style war sim then it is in my rights as an active "private or whatever the hell I am" to make an open statement towards any commanding officer within reason. The officer may not like it and it might be out of place but as all areas of military those are the rules.

The "real military" card isn't the one you want to pull here Ang3l, Comments like the one you made would have you painting rocks for two weeks... You might want to try another angle on that one...

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 09:36 PM
No that comment I made was a reality. Yes if the higher ranking officer did not like what I had to say then I would be doing some dumbshit job they wanted done but it is still something that I can address. That is also why there is such a thing as an open door policy in the military plain and simple. And to Mede it was brought to WC because supposedly joker was using the conversation that the public eye was not supposed to see. This is another reason I do not see the redd FM to be fit to lead.

And sorry met but another question. Since when is there an infraction for cussing in the military because that's about what every other word is in there. No disrespect just how words are used. This is how the actual military goes and if that's how this place is supposed to be then this is how it works.

Fiery Grave
08-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Jokers post was brought to WC because the content of the messages was deemed inappropriate... the messages and the content of them was already seen and closed by the WC and was meant to be kept from public (i don't know why) i would just drop it or come to me or cappone first please because me and capone talked with GhostHammer about it... its because joker didn't come to one of us first that this ended up happening

cCrisis
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
while i agree that this is a war sim and their needs to be someone with more power and have the ultimate decision, i do feel trying to make it like the military in how we act and how the normal individuals are treated by someone with power isn't fun for anyone who isn't a person with those powers.

i don't think ghosthammer is a bad FM but sometimes i do believe he uses powers to get his way or the highway. overall he does a great job in controlling and regulating what need's to be done to be a successful community.

i would love to see more than 1 individual being in the position as FM, so that it's not a 1 person decision and more of a community collaboration.

also the whole coldest thing is a huge misunderstanding. coldest's whole goal was to help members in FC so that they would have fun. he didn't do it the right way and pissed off a lot of people in power because of it. his intentions were good but misunderstood.

i have known coldest for 5+ years and honestly he will always put his position of power in jeopardy for what he believes in. this made a lot of people not like him and eventually cause his demise from FC.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm not saying he bad at what he is supposed to do but he does use his power and uses it to get things the way he wants. And in all reality that's not how he should be doing anything because leaders are supposed to set examples so am I supposed to follow that or should other officers follow that??

And I was just making statements on how people want to treat this like it is military based so might as well use military style regulations. Can't have the "rank" without the true rules. Not just rules someone else made for the situation.

JokerJerryA-13
08-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Personally I think most of it comes from the fact that officers here, like Ghosthammer, have been handed an impossible postion. They are being given absolute authority, and with little to no checks or balances in place for that power a flaw occurs. The current system in place creates bullies, even well intentioned one's. So while I agree, and have been trying to show people, that something needs to be done, I do not agree that the fault is in our current Field Marshal. Actually, given what he has to work with, he seems to do an ok job.

Metkil5685
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
Personally I think most of it comes from the fact that officers here, like Ghosthammer, have been handed an impossible postion. They are being given absolute authority, and with little to no checks or balances in place for that power a flaw occurs. The current system in place creates bullies, even well intentioned one's. So while I agree, and have been trying to show people, that something needs to be done, I do not agree that the fault is in our current Field Marshal. Actually, given what he has to work with, he seems to do an ok job.

Actually when it comes to Field Marshals, they have to answer to the Forerunners. The 4 of us have the authority to remove someone from command. We make sure one does not abuse his position. However your stated flaw does in fact apply to the Forerunners. There is no real check and balance system for us. Is it something we should look at? It can be.

As specifically pertaining to Ghosthammer as REDD FM, based on what he is doing in the Army he is doing a fine job and will keep his position just as well. Unless there is some evidence or event that happens that changes that. Is Ghosthammer a little rough? He might be, but that is his nature.

Gargoyle
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
can't argue with results

VerbotenDonkey
08-05-2011, 11:38 PM
can't argue with results
"These test results clearly are wrong, I don't have AIDS."

JokerJerryA-13
08-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Actually when it comes to Field Marshals, they have to answer to the Forerunners. The 4 of us have the authority to remove someone from command. We make sure one does not abuse his position. However your stated flaw does in fact apply to the Forerunners. There is no real check and balance system for us. Is it something we should look at? It can be.

With that being said, I would like to re-suggest (as the first one was deleted) that a impartial member and or commity be given a seperate set of authority. Not all powerful or anything like that. I won't try to give specifics, because there are many ways to do it, but I can give a good example:

I was brought into both FC and Broken Arrow by Coldest, mostly through a lot of begging on his part. Broken Arrow being his group clan thingy, and him being self aware enough to know he does not keep a level head, I was put in a postion simply titled "The Judge." This made it so that regardless of what happened between members of any standing, no one could be banned from the group without my approval, and whle I have never had need to use it, I have set up a proccess should I ever need to: listen to both sides equally, question things until I understand the issue 100%, and figure out if the given situation needs the banhammer or some lesser form of punishment. because of this postition that I hold, I am not an active member of BA, that way I remain impartial, regardless of who is involved.

I am not saying that that is the solution here, but there does look like a very large need for something similar.

Just my thought.

VerbotenDonkey
08-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Jerry, I know you haven't been here long, but FC is run like a Dictatorship, through the four Forerunners and the Field Marshals that create the War Council. It is that group of members that is our Supreme Court and final ruling, and they do make their rulings off of a fractional voting from all of them. Sometimes things may seem harsh, but it is their rule that is final, or else we would hinge on chaos.

JokerJerryA-13
08-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Jerry, I know you haven't been here long, but FC is run like a Dictatorship, through the four Forerunners and the Field Marshals that create the War Council. It is that group of members that is our Supreme Court and final ruling, and they do make their rulings off of a fractional voting from all of them. Sometimes things may seem harsh, but it is their rule that is final, or else we would hinge on chaos.

Have you listened to very many people lately, wouldn't you define a mainstay member such as Juggernaut quitting over drama a hint that chaos exists already? As to the rest of what you mention, I am not sugesting a change in that. I am suggesting something that keeps things in perspective a bit more. This is a war sim, things like rank and the chain of command are important with that. But what happens if you don't trust anyone in your chain of command, including the Forerunners, enough to go directly to them? In the Army we had the "Inspector General" (IG) that we could turn to when that was the case, and that was in a REAL war situation. Why not create something along those lines? I mean, anything that helps balance things out will do more to help this comunity than staying the same will.

VerbotenDonkey
08-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Unless he tells us what is bothering him, there is nothing that can be done. If people can't take up the social responsibility with talking openly maturely to the heads of this Community, there isn't much that can be done.

If you wish, make a suggestion to create something along those lines. It wouldn't hurt, but I couldn't see that position being able to overturn entire War Council decisions.

Metkil5685
08-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Also, if someone is not willing to communicate it out in the open on the public forums, you can always PM someone. I give everyone the same policy, if you have any problem what so ever, you can contact me via any method. It is my duty to serve the community and if you feel I may be bias, just remember this one thing. I was the one who gave Raz an infraction back when he was misbehaving (love ya Raz! (still no homo)).

DarkS1de Reborn
08-06-2011, 01:23 AM
How is there not any specific evidence? How bout the fact that he was belligerent towards coldest in the convo they had, then told WC that coldest was the one tossing profanities left and right and being disrespectful and all this shit when in all reality coldest was just being a dumbass retard and stating shit ghosthammer didn't know about? Or that joker just made an opinion with evidence behind it to make his point and that he was wrong for doing so because the content he used was deemed "inappropriate" and honestly why was that inappropriate?? Maybe because it made ghost look bad since everyone knew what the whole thing was about. When in fact you stated earlier that we have the right to do such things but yet since joker used a convo that wasn't supposed to be seen by public eyes (which supposedly was shown to WC but certain people have stated they haven't seen it so either those people are lying or the others are lying saying it was shown). Even Mede made a statement towards all that shit on how it was just ignored and taken from the public eye. I don't personally have a prob with ghost I just don't believe he does shit the way it should be done and that since he's the FM it's okay that he does it the way he does.

I'm not saying he doesn't do the FM part properly but what he does on the sidelines as the FM in general aren't all that great. The FM should be the overall leader to look up to other than the forerunners and if all these newer people or even the olders ones look and see what he is doing outside of the war times then what kind of message are we getting through to them? He should be setting an example and not making it so you fear that if you say something he might not like then you're in trouble or that you might get the banhammer. And that's probably why I don't care to be saying this cus to me this is a game and I don't have to be here I just enjoy playing on sundays with some of the people I know although many of them have left because of all the recent drama that's been going on some of which has been with ghost and others not.

I don't really want ghost stripped of FM so saying that redd needs a new fm was rather harsh towards him but he really should somewhat relax with everything and take a new approach to everyone and everything that goes on.

cCrisis
08-06-2011, 01:11 PM
How is there not any specific evidence? How bout the fact that he was belligerent towards coldest in the convo they had, then told WC that coldest was the one tossing profanities left and right and being disrespectful and all this shit when in all reality coldest was just being a dumbass retard and stating shit ghosthammer didn't know about? Or that joker just made an opinion with evidence behind it to make his point and that he was wrong for doing so because the content he used was deemed "inappropriate" and honestly why was that inappropriate?? Maybe because it made ghost look bad since everyone knew what the whole thing was about. When in fact you stated earlier that we have the right to do such things but yet since joker used a convo that wasn't supposed to be seen by public eyes (which supposedly was shown to WC but certain people have stated they haven't seen it so either those people are lying or the others are lying saying it was shown). Even Mede made a statement towards all that shit on how it was just ignored and taken from the public eye. I don't personally have a prob with ghost I just don't believe he does shit the way it should be done and that since he's the FM it's okay that he does it the way he does.

I'm not saying he doesn't do the FM part properly but what he does on the sidelines as the FM in general aren't all that great. The FM should be the overall leader to look up to other than the forerunners and if all these newer people or even the olders ones look and see what he is doing outside of the war times then what kind of message are we getting through to them? He should be setting an example and not making it so you fear that if you say something he might not like then you're in trouble or that you might get the banhammer. And that's probably why I don't care to be saying this cus to me this is a game and I don't have to be here I just enjoy playing on sundays with some of the people I know although many of them have left because of all the recent drama that's been going on some of which has been with ghost and others not.

I don't really want ghost stripped of FM so saying that redd needs a new fm was rather harsh towards him but he really should somewhat relax with everything and take a new approach to everyone and everything that goes on.

^^^^^^this

i would like to be able to talk to ghosthammer like he was my friend and not my boss, it kinda feels like that.

Gargoyle
08-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Ghosthammer has said this many times. He knows that he has the hardest job that they could be in this army. He is required to be like a boss in FC events. I can tell you plenty of examples when Ghost has hung out with a few other people after FC stuff is done. He really does like to have fun but he is just like me. When a community matter comes up, its community before friends list. *cough cough* my sig *cough*

RaZ Vader
08-06-2011, 03:24 PM
As a Field Marshall, when it comes to army-wide-events such as practices, battle nights, and ot any related FC event, it should feel like he is your boss. But in Custom games, he should be like your friend. I think there is some mis-understanding on how Ghost handles certain things. Maybe he doesn't have that relationship with everyone in his army. At any rate, this should be discussed within the REDD.

Ghost is doing a fantastic job leading his army.

Nocte
08-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Dark let me tell you something I looked over that entire topic you posted about Ghost and Coldest. I know you agree with Coldest's ban, however War Council has already talked to Ghost about how he is currently doing things that aren't Army related. So you can stop posting all of these walls of text about how Ghost has been acting. We know.

Crisis if want to talk to our Field Marshal like a person thats what Sergeant Major of the REDD Army Andimion is their for.

cCrisis
08-06-2011, 03:39 PM
As a Field Marshall, when it comes to army-wide-events such as practices, battle nights, and ot any related FC event, it should feel like he is your boss. But in Custom games, he should be like your friend. I think there is some mis-understanding on how Ghost handles certain things. Maybe he doesn't have that relationship with everyone in his army. At any rate, this should be discussed within the REDD.

Ghost is doing a fantastic job leading his army.

i completely agree that he needs to get certain things done when it comes to the wars but he comes off extremely harsh sometimes when the situation could he handled without it. with out a doubt he does his job great and it's not east keeping everything in line and running it correctly but his style to get his point made and to run his army is not always enjoyable to be apart of.

RaZ Vader
08-06-2011, 03:49 PM
i completely agree that he needs to get certain things done when it comes to the wars but he comes off extremely harsh sometimes when the situation could he handled without it. with out a doubt he does his job great and it's not east keeping everything in line and running it correctly but his style to get his point made and to run his army is not always enjoyable to be apart of.

AND THAT is a BIG CONCERN, hopefully he sees this. Because I want everyone to have an enjoyable experience here, and if he is taking the enjoyment out of this, then it is a major concern to me, and the other Forerunners. We are already discussing this in the WC.

Please Ghost when you read this, it is not a personal attack to you, but we are just concerned, I know I am. And I know these soldiers are not the only ones that feel this way, its just how you show yourself in an army. Yes its a simulation, but thats the point. To simulate. Not become it 24/7 You need to turn that switch off and on. Unfortunately I am not around to see if you do or do not. Just some constructive criticism ghost.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Dark let me tell you something I looked over that entire topic you posted about Ghost and Coldest. I know you agree with Coldest's ban, however War Council has already talked to Ghost about how he is currently doing things that aren't Army related. So you can stop posting all of these walls of text about how Ghost has been acting. We know.

And what topic did I start about coldest?? Every topic I've started in the past few days has been about this community as a whole. And this current one is about Ghost himself. As well as for posting about how ghost has been acting Metkill wanted specifics so I posted specifics. But you aren't entirely right about the coldest ban. I do agree and disagree with it. I disagree because he is a long time friend and all he was doing was being the nonstop say what he wants dumbass but in that same sense I agree with it because it's all he does is talk until he thinks he gets his point across and all he was doing was continuing on shit ghost hammer didn't quite understand. Like saying that ICE was disbanned. Well technically it was considering most of ICE was a group of us and I believe the only few left of the group now are me, assassin, and joker (if joker stays) other than capone, fiery, and I think black because I never see anyone else there that wants to say they are part of ICE.

But anyway I don't believe we should ever have to look up to him like a boss he should just be the person above getting things done. If we look at him like a boss then by following how he has been acting the past week then I should be running rampant down the streets blowing shit up? lol. He's a good guy just not quite handling shit the way it should be done.

Raz I agree he is doing a pretty good job leading the army its self just not certain people and areas.. But like with all things shit takes time and people change. I don't want to look at him like a boss and I possibly never will just because I don't take playing this game that seriously whether in this community or not. But I will give him the respect he is entitled as the FM and if he wants to be friends on the sidelines that won't bother me but as we all know I don't put up with any shit what so ever lol. So we shall see how this all pans out in the next few upcoming weeks. Hopefully everything goes well and I don't have to bitch XD.

cCrisis
08-06-2011, 03:58 PM
AND THAT is a BIG CONCERN, hopefully he sees this. Because I want everyone to have an enjoyable experience here, and if he is taking the enjoyment out of this, then it is a major concern to me, and the other Forerunners. We are already discussing this in the WC.

Please Ghost when you read this, it is not a personal attack to you, but we are just concerned, I know I am. And I know these soldiers are not the only ones that feel this way, its just how you show yourself in an army. Yes its a simulation, but thats the point. To simulate. Not become it 24/7 You need to turn that switch off and on. Unfortunately I am not around to see if you do or do not. Just some constructive criticism ghost.

this^^^
nothing personal at all

Nocte
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
@ Dark I respect your current concern for how Ghost is doing things punishment wise. However like I said before War Council is working on making sure Ghost is running things in a suitable fashion. He does need to loosen up on following the accords because they are guidelines to how we conduct ourselves in this community. Not marshall law.

@ Crisis I know you want to see more of Ghost as a person. However that isn his job as FM. We have the Sergrant Major of the Army rank for the purpose of being that arm to the enlisted to High Com.

To everyone else I know most of you have only seen Ghost when he has his Field Marshal hat on, but he is just like everyone else in this community. He still likes to screw around, play custom games with friends. You guys just never see that side, because he doesn't want to get to comfortable with everyone in this army. That makes demotions and army specific punishments alot harder on him. He knows his officers and that's where he stops.

cCrisis
08-06-2011, 04:39 PM
@ Dark I respect your current concern for how Ghost is doing things punishment wise. However like I said before War Council is working on making sure Ghost is running things in a suitable fashion. He does need to loosen up on following the accords because they are guidelines to how we conduct ourselves in this community. Not marshall law.

@ Crisis I know you want to see more of Ghost as a person. However that isn his job as FM. We have the Sergrant Major of the Army rank for the purpose of being that arm to the enlisted to High Com.

To everyone else I know most of you have only seen Ghost when he has his Field Marshal hat on, but he is just like everyone else in this community. He still likes to screw around, play custom games with friends. You guys just never see that side, because he doesn't want to get to comfortable with everyone in this army. That makes demotions and army specific punishments alot harder on him. He knows his officers and that's where he stops.

who are you more likely to listen to and want to help:

A boss who is harsh, extremely direct and generally unfriendly.
or
a boss who is nice, talks to you like any normal person and tries to help you and make your life easier.

being friendly first will always get you farther in what your trying to accomplish, you need to have the ability to lay down the law but using it when it is unnecessary doesn't help you or your cause.

ghosthammer has his style and it's what he uses and it works but i and many other's believe he could have a nicer and friendlier style which would work better.

i am in no way trying to bash ghosthammer or make this personal.
and at this note i am going to stop posting because i do not want another infraction, i made my suggestion and i hope it is considered.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-06-2011, 06:00 PM
All he needs to do is loosen up a little bit about everything and then all would be great in the world of REDD lol. If he could loosen up and be more friendly towards everyone then shit would run sooo much smoother because then everyone is going to want to be around and get more into things and not worry if they say something he doesn't like if he's going to jump down their throat.

Hopefully WC outcome is just that he should relax a bit and be more friendly with everyone. And honestly if he becomes a bit friendlier he can handle the sideline things a bit easier and comfortably instead of being harsh all the way though. The more relaxed and friendly he is the more people will want to work with him instead of dislike him or just try and keep away from him. Take me for example I'm a complete ass but I still have a friendly attitude about it and I try to be cool with everyone.

AND JUST SO WE'RE ALL CLEAR!!! Ghost is not a bad person!!! Just needs to be more chill.

Nocte
08-06-2011, 06:03 PM
Trust me I know what you gentlemen mean, their have been a few times I had to talk him down from just perma banning people. That is what the war council is currently speaking with him about.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Well permabans are the easiest way to get rid of annoying people lol. But so we can get off this topic on a funny note... What you like to look at homos naked?? O.o

iFurrious
08-06-2011, 07:05 PM
GhostHammer is a very calm and chill person outside of a FC Event. You get him and Totes McGotes in a party and they are spinning in a circle the whole time :). But at a FC Event he is very serious but he does this to get shit done and it gets done.

GhostHammer
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
GhostHammer is a very calm and chill person outside of a FC Event. You get him and Totes McGotes in a party and they are spinning in a circle the whole time :). But at a FC Event he is very serious but he does this to get shit done and it gets done.

Had to quote and agree I DO enjoy those circles.

Cleary people either mis-understand me, or do not know me very well. So time for MY wall of text.

I LOVE this community. Somtimes a little too much, and this is why I am how I am at most times.

Regarding My "Style" Of FM: I am VERY militaristic in terms of keeping an organised army, having a lot of structure, and in terms of my relationship with my soliders/officers. Someone said it right, I know my Officers well, and enjoy good personal relationships with them all. I know very few enlisted, and the notion that I do this to avoid issues with my feelings is correct. I do not ENJOY enforcing things strictly, but you need to please take a moment, and put yourself in my shoes.

I am a VOLUNTEER doing a DUTY. I get no compensation but the enjoyment of seeing a community grow and expand. I am in this position to do a job, and such I have a responsibility to fufill this job. I hold that notion in how I choose Officers also. Keep in mind, I put in my own time to do my job to help keep the ball going, just like everyone else who contributes, we all do our part.

If I knew everyone and was friends with everyone, it would make things much harder in terms of discipline. I have to remain objective to the issue and disregard my feelings and do my DUTY. Totes can attest to this, in an FC Event he was dicking around and I ripped him a new one, that being said, we play LOADS of customs together and share a great friendship. I know he does understand me well, and I fel maybe others do not.

In terms of my WC Business: I am first to admit I am not the greatest, nor am I perfect, nor am I always right. I have NO issues admitting to my faults, infact I do my best to fix them. That being said, am I very harsh in how I deal with things? Yes. No question there. Have I ever abused my power though? I can truly say I have NEVER done this. I have never, nor ever will go above my capabilities in this place, I have to much respect for FC. Will I soften up? Quite frankly no. I follow our accords an enforce them acordingly, that is my job, and if this is an issue for you, I urge you to do a gut check and ask yourself how it affects you. If you're not breaking the accords, then I see no reason why you'd be worried about them being enforced.

That being said, in terms of speaking to me, I have always said and encouraged people to talk to me, bring to me concerns they have, and suggest things all the time. Ask any Officer in REDD, I have said this during multiple meetings both before and after battle, and this is true for ALL community members. I have never once said the opposite on this. That being said, people nee to know the difference between blowing an idea off, and listening to it and deciding not to go with it. I may not always go with a suggestion brought to me, but that dosn't mean I don't listen and consider it.

I do feel a little under the gun here. If you did the math, I have been personally attacked (Not this thread and I thank you all for bringing your concerns about the RIGHT way for the most part) more times in the last 3 weeks than any member in FC has ever been targeted with, and I feel this to be unfair, especially as a lot of this has been over an issue I wasn't involved with to begin with. I'm going to give you the short version of what happened with the REDD HighCom switch because I feel there are a lot of misconceptions here.

1. I re-join REDD and am asked to lead a Platoon.
2. Eagle is promoted to Lt. Gen, I am asked to lea the Battalion in his stead.
3. A few members of REDD approach me with concerns regarding the REDD HC at the time, to which I direct them to Raz as he is a Forerunner and can deal with their concerns.
4. Raz informs me of what the WC is talking on regarding the REDD HC.
5. I tell Raz that I will do whatever the community needs to help shoul things go bad in any way.
6. The REDD HC leaves, Raz asks if I will take the FM slot to help get things going again.
7. I accept, and thus here we are.

Please note: Not ONCE in this entire series of events did I ask the WC for this position, nor did I set out to "get" Loco and the others. I was asked to fill a position due to my past experience in that position as the WC deemed there was no one else they saw capable of doing so. I do not plan on staying here more than this war, my job is to train new Officers/HighCom members to fill these shoes so the same people arn't always in this spot.

A lot of people have said they feel I "hate" or "don't like" guys like Loco and Andi when infact I have no personal issues with ANY of them. They have long proven their abilities, and I on a personal level can't erase all of the good with one event that happened, especially when I wasn't involved untill after. The WC and raz especially, can attest to when writing up the HoF I have stated NUMEROUS times I do not want the memory and history of the members I apparently "hate" to be tarnished by one event.

I hope that after reading this you guys will understand me a little better. As Gargoyle said, this is a Comunnity, not a friends list, and sadly, my position does not allow me to do everything that others can do. Officers can dance between the strict/fun line, but when you hit HighCom as many of you will see down the road, the game changes. YOU become responsible for RUNNING a community, and not just playing in it. It is a complicated job for anyone who steps into the role.

I have never driven a motorbike, and such, I would not go around telling motorbike riders how to ride one. That being said, please keep this in mind, the HighCom ranks, and FM especially is IMPOSSIBLE to understand untill you have sat in that chair and done it. I ask you all to keep this in mind. I'm not saying don't bring up suggestions and possible new ways to do this, but just understand Community leaders are in these positions for a reason.

I hope this clears up some understanding of myself and how I do things. As said, I'm first to admit I'm not perfect, and this is a War-Sim. Keep that in mind.

RaZ Vader
08-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Had to quote and agree I DO enjoy those circles.

Cleary people either mis-understand me, or do not know me very well. So time for MY wall of text.

I LOVE this community. Somtimes a little too much, and this is why I am how I am at most times.

Regarding My "Style" Of FM: I am VERY militaristic in terms of keeping an organised army, having a lot of structure, and in terms of my relationship with my soliders/officers. Someone said it right, I know my Officers well, and enjoy good personal relationships with them all. I know very few enlisted, and the notion that I do this to avoid issues with my feelings is correct. I do not ENJOY enforcing things strictly, but you need to please take a moment, and put yourself in my shoes.

I am a VOLUNTEER doing a DUTY. I get no compensation but the enjoyment of seeing a community grow and expand. I am in this position to do a job, and such I have a responsibility to fufill this job. I hold that notion in how I choose Officers also. Keep in mind, I put in my own time to do my job to help keep the ball going, just like everyone else who contributes, we all do our part.

If I knew everyone and was friends with everyone, it would make things much harder in terms of discipline. I have to remain objective to the issue and disregard my feelings and do my DUTY. Totes can attest to this, in an FC Event he was dicking around and I ripped him a new one, that being said, we play LOADS of customs together and share a great friendship. I know he does understand me well, and I fel maybe others do not.

In terms of my WC Business: I am first to admit I am not the greatest, nor am I perfect, nor am I always right. I have NO issues admitting to my faults, infact I do my best to fix them. That being said, am I very harsh in how I deal with things? Yes. No question there. Have I ever abused my power though? I can truly say I have NEVER done this. I have never, nor ever will go above my capabilities in this place, I have to much respect for FC. Will I soften up? Quite frankly no. I follow our accords an enforce them acordingly, that is my job, and if this is an issue for you, I urge you to do a gut check and ask yourself how it affects you. If you're not breaking the accords, then I see no reason why you'd be worried about them being enforced.

That being said, in terms of speaking to me, I have always said and encouraged people to talk to me, bring to me concerns they have, and suggest things all the time. Ask any Officer in REDD, I have said this during multiple meetings both before and after battle, and this is true for ALL community members. I have never once said the opposite on this. That being said, people nee to know the difference between blowing an idea off, and listening to it and deciding not to go with it. I may not always go with a suggestion brought to me, but that dosn't mean I don't listen and consider it.

I do feel a little under the gun here. If you did the math, I have been personally attacked (Not this thread and I thank you all for bringing your concerns about the RIGHT way for the most part) more times in the last 3 weeks than any member in FC has ever been targeted with, and I feel this to be unfair, especially as a lot of this has been over an issue I wasn't involved with to begin with. I'm going to give you the short version of what happened with the REDD HighCom switch because I feel there are a lot of misconceptions here.

1. I re-join REDD and am asked to lead a Platoon.
2. Eagle is promoted to Lt. Gen, I am asked to lea the Battalion in his stead.
3. A few members of REDD approach me with concerns regarding the REDD HC at the time, to which I direct them to Raz as he is a Forerunner and can deal with their concerns.
4. Raz informs me of what the WC is talking on regarding the REDD HC.
5. I tell Raz that I will do whatever the community needs to help shoul things go bad in any way.
6. The REDD HC leaves, Raz asks if I will take the FM slot to help get things going again.
7. I accept, and thus here we are.

Please note: Not ONCE in this entire series of events did I ask the WC for this position, nor did I set out to "get" Loco and the others. I was asked to fill a position due to my past experience in that position as the WC deemed there was no one else they saw capable of doing so. I do not plan on staying here more than this war, my job is to train new Officers/HighCom members to fill these shoes so the same people arn't always in this spot.

A lot of people have said they feel I "hate" or "don't like" guys like Loco and Andi when infact I have no personal issues with ANY of them. They have long proven their abilities, and I on a personal level can't erase all of the good with one event that happened, especially when I wasn't involved untill after. The WC and raz especially, can attest to when writing up the HoF I have stated NUMEROUS times I do not want the memory and history of the members I apparently "hate" to be tarnished by one event.

I hope that after reading this you guys will understand me a little better. As Gargoyle said, this is a Comunnity, not a friends list, and sadly, my position does not allow me to do everything that others can do. Officers can dance between the strict/fun line, but when you hit HighCom as many of you will see down the road, the game changes. YOU become responsible for RUNNING a community, and not just playing in it. It is a complicated job for anyone who steps into the role.

I have never driven a motorbike, and such, I would not go around telling motorbike riders how to ride one. That being said, please keep this in mind, the HighCom ranks, and FM especially is IMPOSSIBLE to understand untill you have sat in that chair and done it. I ask you all to keep this in mind. I'm not saying don't bring up suggestions and possible new ways to do this, but just understand Community leaders are in these positions for a reason.

I hope this clears up some understanding of myself and how I do things. As said, I'm first to admit I'm not perfect, and this is a War-Sim. Keep that in mind.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n280/atbh1/tumblr_lh1vxmKOgA1qaco1k. gif

cCrisis
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
i still think a FM council of like 3 people is a good idea. it will give you a break and allow you to enjoy the wars more, also decisions would be less opinionated and more of a collaborative of multiple views.

JokerJerryA-13
08-06-2011, 11:34 PM
KC, your going to bitch regardless of what happens... it's what you do.

Maxdoggy
08-06-2011, 11:43 PM
i still think a FM council of like 3 people is a good idea. it will give you a break and allow you to enjoy the wars more, also decisions would be less opinionated and more of a collaborative of multiple views.

That group of neutral people are called the "Forerunners". There are four of them. Lol.

VerbotenDonkey
08-06-2011, 11:44 PM
That group of neutral people are called the "Forerunners". There are four of them. Lol.

I think he means 3 Field Marshals instead of 1.

Which I dont think is necessary. Thats what Officers are for.

GhostHammer
08-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I think he means 3 Field Marshals instead of 1.

Which I dont think is necessary. Thats what Officers are for.

Perhaps I will try to help on this too.

As FM, that person does have FINAL say correct, but he should be using his HighCom and Officers.

For example, General Eagle will be re-working and creating a new training/recruitment proceedure and will be in control of that.

Colonel Scarekro has COMPLETE control over his Battalion, Eagle and I don't get involved.

Just an example we're using. High Command should be consulted on all army descisions, which will be finalized by the FM. So in a way, we do kinda have that system in place, just with different ranks.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-07-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm not going to bitch. i wasn't bitching to start with. Just stating opinions and reasons for certain points. And since I know the workings of every rank and "job" of a war sim from several other places I just wanted to bring some things up.

And as I said before me and GH have no problems with one another. And I was saying everything I did the best I could without being the ass I am and I think he got that for the most part.

As for his comment on saying how he shouldn't have everyone be his friend because that makes discipline an what not harder, really it doesn't I mean yeah you'll feel like you should be more lenient and what not but truly it should give you more of a reason to rip them a new asshole because they should fucking know better lol.

Nocte
08-07-2011, 10:57 AM
I gotta hand it to you guys, for keeping this topic on the ground. Normally a flame war would have started in such a topic.

bazongaman502
08-07-2011, 11:16 AM
"These test results clearly are wrong, I don't have AIDS."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HReySt8AMmI&feature=related

lol jk

cCrisis
08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I gotta hand it to you guys, for keeping this topic on the ground. Normally a flame war would have started in such a topic.

we all know if it turns into a flame war than the thread we are trying to discuss this suggestion would get closed and end the discussion causing our suggestion to more than likely not get heard to the fullest.

i still believe what i am trying to say is misunderstood a little bit.(not about the 3 FM thing but ghosthammer's style) i could explain much better in person if someone would like.

GhostHammer
08-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Quoted for truth. This topic here is how something should be talked about without breaking accords and flaming. VERY impressed with the quality of people posting in here, very well done by everyone. It makes me happy to see things go like this.

Reaper
08-07-2011, 11:31 PM
i haven't been in REDD long but the high ranking officers in my opinon all Earned their Ranks. i like how you use your rights but one thing you gotta learn here is that a community thrives on respect and how your showing yours to ghosthammer gives you none at all right now.

KillerGUNNY132
08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Listen, some people might not like the way Field Marshal GhostHammer does things, but I think all REDD soldiers and Officers can agree, he's got this army running VERY smoothly.

I've been apart of this community a long time and I haven't seen an army run this smoothly since Raz was leading Red back in 2008.

EriRi 1138
08-08-2011, 02:13 AM
There you have it. Fucking KillerGunny everybody. Thanks for coming out.

MedeDust
08-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Gunny?

VerbotenDonkey
08-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I've been apart of this community a long time and I haven't seen an army run this smoothly since Raz was leading Red back in 2008.

I thought Coolio did a good job. =(

Fiery Grave
08-08-2011, 11:55 AM
i haven't been in REDD long but the high ranking officers in my opinon all Earned their Ranks. i like how you use your rights but one thing you gotta learn here is that a community thrives on respect and how your showing yours to ghosthammer gives you none at all right now.

but you see these people now as they have proven themselves... though some are still questionable when they were chosen they had made little or no indication of earning it (not talking bout you s117)

I thought Coolio did a good job. =(

coolio was a great FM... he was an ass... but a loveable ass

L0rd Kanti
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
I have only one thing so say, just think about it and let it simmer for a bit. Ok? Here we go.

Kanti for president.