PDA

View Full Version : Navy SEAL Team 6 tragedy...

Spartanbh
08-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm really, really sad to hear about the 31 special operations and Navy SEAL soldiers who were shot down by the Taliban today (or yesterday?)...Most of the soldiers were from Navy SEAL Team 6, which were the ones that operated the assassination of Osama Bin Laden. Here's the story:

http://www.freep.com/article/20110806/NEWS07/110806005/Helicopter-crash-kills-31-U-S-troops-most-were-members-Navy-SEAL-Team-6?odyssey=nav|head

Maxdoggy
08-06-2011, 02:38 PM
That's such a horrible loss of life. :(

We can't thank our troops enough for what they are doing around the world, putting their lives at risk for all of us...

Silko
08-06-2011, 02:44 PM
Its a sad day that any brave solder losses thier lives, but when great Heros such as the Navy SEALs are lost as well. What makes this worse is that these brave men died from a rocket that we gave them. This rocket was most likely shot from a Stinger, which we gave to the Taleban in order to shoot down Russian Hides.

Spartanbh
08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah....this is so disappointing to read...fuck the Taliban.

RaZ Vader
08-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I saw this earlier today, I really got pissed off.

Silko
08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Just voicing my opinion here I DO NOT want to turn this into a flame war. That said I truly believe we need to get the fuck out of the middle east a hell of a lot sooner then 2014, and that will only happen if Obama gets reelected. If the Republicans get the white house back, I greatly doubt they will follow through with the plan Obama has set up for our withdraw.

Synaster Wolf
08-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Just voicing my opinion here I DO NOT want to turn this into a flame war. That said I truly believe we need to get the fuck out of the middle east a hell of a lot sooner then 2014, and that will only happen if Obama gets reelected. If the Republicans get the white house back, I greatly doubt they will follow through with the plan Obama has set up for our withdraw.

I personally dislike both parties I have my own point of view, But back to the OP, This is a very tragic event but they sure did go out with a bang, taking down the most wanted man in the world does seem like quite an accomplishment they have my condolences, god speed.

gato
08-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Truuuuuth.

GhostHammer
08-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Hell I'm Canadian and this pisses me off. Always had immense respect for those who serve for my country, and alongside as allies.

Truly mad to see this.

Mi Boys Dinner
08-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I truly can't thank our troops enough for fighting so that we can sleep soundly through the night. A terrible loss of life.

Coming from a long family history of war fighters.

God bless Peace. Not just America, but everyone of those sons and daughters who fight for world peace.

Dinner out.

MedeDust
08-06-2011, 10:18 PM
If we pull out were only opening up more room for them to work and if we let that happen the thousands of men that gave their lives, all of that will be in vain. We wanted to pull out of iraq, we didn't, we captured sadam. We've been wanting to pull out of Afghanistan, we didn't, we killed Osama. We want to end the taliban we can't pull out.

Silko
08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
I personally dislike both parties I have my own point of view, But back to the OP, This is a very tragic event but they sure did go out with a bang, taking down the most wanted man in the world does seem like quite an accomplishment they have my condolences, god speed.

It was said that the members of SEAL team 6 that killed Osama where not on this Heli, but ether way its a sad day

JigokuNoNinja15
08-07-2011, 12:00 AM
If we pull out were only opening up more room for them to work and if we let that happen the thousands of men that gave their lives, all of that will be in vain. We wanted to pull out of iraq, we didn't, we captured sadam. We've been wanting to pull out of Afghanistan, we didn't, we killed Osama. We want to end the taliban we can't pull out.
Just saying, Vietnam should be a model for this. Staying there will not do the US good. The thousands of soldiers would not die in vain because their honor is already with us. I'd rather have the troops home than fight in a war like this where you dont know where your enemy is half of the time and you fight in the desert. And one of the reasons I plan on voting for Obama next year is the fact that he understands that this war is costing more money and American lives than its really worth.

Silko
08-07-2011, 02:24 AM
What Ninja said, we can't win this "war" because you can't win a war when the indigenous people do not want us there. The only way to win when you are in a war like that is to go to genocide and I don't see that happening. We got get out of there for the lives of our brave men and women and for the future of our economy

killerjacknife
08-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Their Soldiers they do this for a living they put there lives on the line for us. And why are there Still in Afghanistan We got what we wanted

Vestige
08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
And Oswald really kills Kennedy?...

killerjacknife
08-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't ask me. Ask the government

Puba
08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Its a sad day that any brave solder losses thier lives, but when great Heros such as the Navy SEALs are lost as well. What makes this worse is that these brave men died from a rocket that we gave them. This rocket was most likely shot from a Stinger, which we gave to the Taleban in order to shoot down Russian Hides. it couldn't have are copters have a electironic device that doesnt let any american made weapon lock on to are copters

Syfe
08-27-2011, 12:12 PM
The CH-47 "Chinook" is not exactly an assault craft.

It is used primarily for logistics, artillery placement, vehicle transport, etc.

The fact that thirty serviceman, lost their lives in one of these; means that it shouldn't be happening again.

A prayer goes out to all of their families...

Puba
08-27-2011, 07:35 PM
The CH-47 "Chinook" is not exactly an assault craft.

It is used primarily for logistics, artillery placement, vehicle transport, etc.

The fact that thirty serviceman, lost their lives in one of these; means that it shouldn't be happening again.

A prayer goes out to all of their families... agreed brother

SuRroundeD By 1
09-05-2011, 09:32 PM
it couldn't have are copters have a electironic device that doesnt let any american made weapon lock on to are copters

From memory, the chopper got hit with a rocket propelled grenade from an RPG-7.

Later an American airstrike would ELIMINATE all members of the crew that shot down that heli. So we got our half payback.