PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Ending

Scarekro
08-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Okay, so GhostHammer, Gargoyle, and I have been discussing what happened to Chief and we need some clarification.

Ghost says that Chief's portion of the ship is going towards to planet the Ark was built near and that he's basically going back where he was before.

I say that Chief is at some unknown location in space due to the slipspace portal collapsing.

Also, is it not possible that Chief could have time travelled? I read something about this somewhere and I could have sworn someone in FC was talking about it. Can I get some clarification on both subjects?

Maxdoggy
08-09-2011, 06:11 PM
The Chief is at some unknown location in space due to the collapse of the Portal that was created by the Ark to/from Earth.

Silko
08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm going with what Max said, and we now know what the planet looking object was in the background (for those who have completed Halo 3 on Legendary) to be a large Covy Ship pulling what is left of the Dawn towards it with a tractor beam.

Maxdoggy
08-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm going with what Max said, and we now know what the planet looking object was in the background (for those who have completed Halo 3 on Legendary) to be a large Covy Ship pulling what is left of the Dawn towards it with a tractor beam.

Definitely not. The Covenant do not have a vessel larger than High Charity.

It is most likely a Forerunner planet, or Shield World. Here's a better look at what it is via a promotional wallpaper.

Notice the "Ark-Like" qualities of the "beam" that is pulling in the last half of the ship?

Fiery Grave
08-09-2011, 06:24 PM
he is not at the ark, or the halo blast would have killed him.... he started going through the portal but it collapsed on him before he exited so he is somewhere between the ark and earth..... it is possible he time traveled... though no one knows for certain... some people have even said (though i hope jokingly) that he jot transported to the marathon universe :P

Acid
08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Time travel would ruin the series. My guess is that it's something we haven't heard of yet and is completely new to the series but yet will still tie in with everything else...

I also think the flood should come back, and they should actually be feared. Kind of like in Halo:CE.

Daaaah Whoosh
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I think the real Master Chief is just cryogenically frozen somewhere, and-

Oh, wait. That part is actually true.

Fiery Grave
08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Time travel would ruin the series. My guess is that it's something we haven't heard of yet and is completely new to the series but yet will still tie in with everything else...

I also think the flood should come back, and they should actually be feared. Kind of like in Halo:CE.the only reason we feared them in CE is cause they were unknown and a surprise and we had no fucking clue as to what was going on

bazongaman502
08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Time travel... Cheif has survived alot of impossible things... it would make sence if it was really just him protecting him drom a distance...

Kinda like in Harry Potter in the Prisoner of Azkaban when (he thought it was his dad) used the pratronis spell to save himself due to time travel... omg im a nerd

SlipperyNutt
08-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Hmmm time traveling... Remaking Combat Evolved...

Coincidence?

Synaster Wolf
08-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Isn't it clear that its either The Forerunner home planet of Ghibalb or a Forerunner Builder/Fortress ship. What other planet it the entire of the Halo Universe has those specific markings on the surface besides a Forerunner planet.

EriRi 1138
08-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I have a theory.

It's called Halo 4. lol

VerbotenDonkey
08-09-2011, 08:46 PM
I have a theory.

It's called Halo 4. lol

By the Gods, someone make this man a Prophet!

Lightning
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Definitely not. The Covenant do not have a vessel larger than High Charity.

It is most likely a Forerunner planet, or Shield World. Here's a better look at what it is via a promotional wallpaper.

Notice the "Ark-Like" qualities of the "beam" that is pulling in the last half of the ship?

^^

It is obviously a Forerunner planet. No one else in the universe had the knowledge of that kind of technology.. go watch the Halo 4 trailor again, you'll see the markings on the planet yourself. It has the "star" look with half a circle in the middle. If you go watch Halo Legends, or look up the Forerunner symbol, that is it.

EDIT: 1304
^^ Forerunner symbol(s)

Al Capone111
08-11-2011, 12:57 AM
^^

No one else in the universe had the knowledge of that kind of technology..

Wrong!

Precursors had that tech and beyond. The Forerunners feared, respected, and idolized the precursors. So the planet like object is either Forerunner or Precursor related.

As for "time travel", i highly doubt he jumped forward or backwards in time. Though he has been in cryo for some time (someone watch Legends and remind me how long exactly). But because slip space does "distort" the rules of space and time it is possible he was actually in slip space for a longer period of time than he thinks he was, especially if the blast from Halo was enough to close the portal on the Ark end, who know what other affects may have been felt while IN the portal.

Others are still convinced that it is actually Onyx. As cool as this would be, i highly doubt it is. But i have hopes for it.

Andimion
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
There is a high chance that it is Onyx and John is going to hook back up with Kelly.

There is a good chance it is just another Forerunner shield world, or even their homeworks since each of their touched worlds has a tendency to activate a defense mechanism that covers the planet in a metal technology to protect the world while sentinels rape the threat. Which could imply this world was touched by flood.

There is an extremely low chance that this is time travel, but I cant rule it out cause anything is possible.

The only thing we can do, is sit here and wait patiently. Hoping the 343 is nicer than bungie and actually feeds us what we need as a fan base.
information....

William 043 SII
08-14-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm just ready to see what it really is, we don't know what it is yet until it comes out.

Jansen5
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Actually he is drifting toward a shield world like Onyx (not Onyx itself) and in halo 4 he is being pulled into the world where his fate iz unknown

Lightning
08-14-2011, 05:38 PM
There's really endless possibilities to what this "planet" could be. Guess we'll half to find out 2012.

Closed.

Fiery Grave
08-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Actually he is drifting toward a shield world like Onyx (not Onyx itself) and in halo 4 he is being pulled into the world where his fate iz unknown

you can't be certain of this... no one can they can make the inside a planet full of candy for all we know

Acid
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
It's a world filled with cannibalistic Umpa-Lumpas!!!

Lightning
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
I never thought of that..

Al Capone111
08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
It's a world filled with cannibalistic Umpa-Lumpas!!!

Snooki?

Scarekro
08-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'd like to think he time travelled. It would give great new opportunities for the story if he went back in time to when Forerunners were still around.

But it's also possible that he's still in the present and found himself in an unexplored part of the universe with a Forerunner world waiting to be found.

So I'm hoping that the Flood will be the primary enemy in Halo 4.