PDA

View Full Version : Carpe's Challenge :: Contest

Carpe Vexillum
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
WELCOME, enter if you dare!

I pose a challenge to the users of this site, and don't worry there is a grand prize at the end of the road.

This contest starts tomorrow and lasts for two weeks.

Within this time you have certain tasks you need to complete.

Tasks ::

* Create a sign in forge that says "Forerunner Conflict" (This will be judged on how cool it looks.)

*** Write a motivational speech for your army.

**** Take a screenshot in a Halo Reach Map, not using any objects or structures, only lights and shield doors. (Judged on creativity and how cool it looks.)

***** In the Halo Classic Playlist win on the map based on Rat Race. (Yes it is part of the challenge to know.)

All files will be sent to me, at my Gamer Tag - Carpe Vexillum. The Forge Map, Screenshot, and the Two Films will be put in your file share. Those who wish to compete will reply to this post simply saying you want to enter.

There can only be one, and in the end I will select the best portfolio to be the winner. They will receive a video compilation of their no scope and win on Rat Race.

But the main prize is...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b394/kairian/Halo_Combat_Evolved_Anniv ersary_wallpaper.png

That's right the winner will receive a PRE-ORDERED copy of Halo CE Anniversary. Which means you will also get the gamestop code for the avatar item and extra skull. All which will be mailed to you free of charge.

Good luck, your going to need it!

Fuzzy
08-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Lots of difficult tasks but if someone succeeds in all spectrum's than they will have a nice prize at the end. Nice contest Carpe, I will see to attempting these.

silversleek
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
i'd do it, but i'm a bit pre-occupied atm. also, that 360 no scope looks like a bit*h.

Blackhawk570
08-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I will pay you $60 if you let me win the contest

GAMEHEEL
08-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I will pay you $60 if you let me win the contest
If you give me 8000 Microsoft Points I won't try in the contest, and you will likely win.

Synaster Wolf
08-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Im in,

~Wolf

Blackhawk570
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM
If you give me 8000 Microsoft Points I won't try in the contest, and you will likely win.
Hmmm... Sounds like too good of a deal to let go.

Carpe Vexillum
08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
So do you all want to enter or are you taking up space?

Synaster Wolf
08-12-2011, 10:54 PM
I want to enter.

Maxdoggy
08-12-2011, 11:05 PM
What if you just recently wrote a motivational speech for your army? Lol. :P

Blackhawk570
08-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I think by the time I put all the hours into this giveaway I would have earned enough at work to buy the game

Carpe Vexillum
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Then why post here black hawk? * Rhetorical* You can go work and buy the game, the rest will have fun. =]

Haha max sorry but it has to be new.

Carpe Vexillum
08-13-2011, 12:32 PM
To save time and frustration I have removed the no scope task.

VerbotenDonkey
08-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I would try to do this, but I'm working 5 days a week and have been getting ready for college. =/ I really like the events going on in the community, props to everyone who's trying to make this an even better place to become involved at.

Toasta
08-13-2011, 02:33 PM
i'd like to enter, but i have a proposal. what if we get the 360 noscope and its for the win, do we have to write the motiovational speech?

DarkS1de Reborn
08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I'll try this but really it's going to be ridiculous because I use to spend days in forge on h3 making up signs just for the hell of it and maps with random stupid things XD but I might just do something simple and what if I just played on that map earlier today and raped the hell out of kids?? XD oddball by myself with 3 kids that were killing each other on my team against a team of 4 XD bahaha.

Just an fyi I have no life I mean I do but when it comes to building stuff I'll sit there for days till I get things just the way I want and I'm a hardcore perfectionist and wanna be artist XD

Carpe Vexillum
08-13-2011, 05:28 PM
What is in place at the moment are the rules. Anyone who has made it to high school can write a short speech. Sorry guys.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Contest starts 2moro but can people can start work anytime right?? lol

Carpe Vexillum
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
look at the post date, contest starts today.

Maxdoggy
08-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I was so stoked because I had a dream that I did that 360 no-scope on Uncaged. I was sooooo upset when I woke up and figured out it was a dream. :P

DarkS1de Reborn
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
O I didnt read the time and what not. Good I already have the sign done and the map makes it sooo fucking sexy XD

Carpe Vexillum
08-13-2011, 07:15 PM
great job!

and LOL max I know how that feels, I had a dream I was in the mlg pro circuit and I got my reach controller signed by walshy and he gave me a Mauler flashlight xD I feel your pain =p

DarkS1de Reborn
08-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Yea I've got the sign done and the map sure as hell makes it the best and what not I'll let the art speak for its self I also added a little sumtin sumtin. So hopefully it can say more than just Forerunner Conflict. lol. And I've already got the win on rat race from earlier playing oddball where I played with a group of 3 (kids I don't know but were a team) that were killing each other vs I believe a full team of four and still won the game XD

I must say though 2 weeks is a bit of too much time lol. School starts for most people the 22nd of August and I don't think many of the ones who do will be having much time to spend on this thing. Just saying I know that's the case with me because I start college up that day as well and since I havn't been in school for three years IM FUCKED XD lol

Carpe Vexillum
08-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Well school in WI starts around Aug 27th

Maxdoggy
08-13-2011, 08:18 PM
School in MI starts on Sept 8th. Lol.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-14-2011, 12:13 AM
WTF. School around here starts the 22nd...

And hey does a special effect count as a light??? JW..

Toasta
08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
im school damnit!! and i guess i'll write a speech if its a must

Carpe Vexillum
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
yes it does.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Okay and you still didn't answer my previous question lol. Can the forge map say or have more than just Forerunner Conflict on it??

Carpe Vexillum
08-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Forerunner conflict is the requirement. Add what ever you want but the only thing your judged on is the Forerunner conflict.

Fiery Grave
08-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I guess i am in

can it just say "FC"?

Carpe Vexillum
08-14-2011, 05:58 PM
No it has to be the whole thing, that's why it is a challenge. Sorry man =[

Fiery Grave
08-14-2011, 06:06 PM
No it has to be the whole thing, that's why it is a challenge. Sorry man =[

you can't make it look cool when its that long though.... not the words anyways... and isn't that what your judging us on.... i think FC is enough and coolest wins... thats my opinion anyways.... cause i have a really cool FC but i can't make it longer than that.... otherwise they will all look pretty much the same.... which there is no point in having it judged then

Carpe Vexillum
08-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Thats your opinion, if its too hard and you cant make it look cool then thats not my problem. I am sorry.

Fiery Grave
08-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Thats your opinion, if its too hard and you cant make it look cool then thats not my problem. I am sorry.

try it... i bet i am not the only one who thinks so :P

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 03:51 PM
try it... i bet i am not the only one who thinks so :P

You can spell forerunner conflict with 2x4 pillars then decorate it, honestly with a little effort, some thought into perspective its not that hard. Its challenging I know, but thats the point. I am not going to change it.

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Great news! Fiery Grave is the first to finish!

DarkS1de Reborn
08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm going a bit overboard with mine XD but I'll have it finished in a bit.

Fiery Grave
08-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Great news! Fiery Grave is the first to finish!

really wasn't expecting to be first.... do i get bonus points?

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Yes you get one CV point.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
How many people have submitted so far? I know me and Fiery

Carpe Vexillum
08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
thats it

DarkS1de Reborn
08-18-2011, 07:49 PM
So it's prob just between me and him?? What are the odds lol.

Carpe Vexillum
08-18-2011, 07:50 PM
50/50

DarkS1de Reborn
08-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Lol. i didn't mean it that way.. XD but I'm so thinkin it's more 75/25 ;) just because fiery is canadian. Yep definitely because he's canadian eh? haha yep me and him are gonna have to battle this one out. <3 fiery *no homo* XD

Fiery Grave
08-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Lol. i didn't mean it that way.. XD but I'm so thinkin it's more 75/25 ;) just because fiery is canadian. Yep definitely because he's canadian eh? haha yep me and him are gonna have to battle this one out. <3 fiery *no homo* XD

what if i want it to be homo <3 :P

dunno you know my map picture is pretty badass, and my FC sign was pretty awesome.... though i never saw yours... so i dunno

Edit looked at your pic and it was pretty good... its a close call between ours
: S

DarkS1de Reborn
08-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Yea that pic is pretty fucking epic right?

The sign was just a quick throw together because if I really got into it everything would be exact and precisely lined up and what not and no one woulda heard from me for at least a week and i wouldn't have been done in time. So the sign is kinda sloppy but it still looks good and i can always clean it up later on if thats a sign for anything for fc lol.

Fiery Grave
08-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Yea that pic is pretty fucking epic right?

The sign was just a quick throw together because if I really got into it everything would be exact and precisely lined up and what not and no one woulda heard from me for at least a week and i wouldn't have been done in time. So the sign is kinda sloppy but it still looks good and i can always clean it up later on if thats a sign for anything for fc lol.

well i would say your pic is about 1.2x better than mine, but if your sign is as bad as you make it sound (still haven't seen it) i might win it cause of that :P... or my speech... it was pretty epic

DarkS1de Reborn
08-19-2011, 12:59 AM
My speech is all completely random but yet motivational. The sign isn't bad it's just not all lined up. Go check it out its on my file share. I did ALOT in general to add to the sign on the side. I mean one thing alone will just stand out but it could be a LOT cleaner.. Its a sloppy job but I didn't do it to show it off to the world just made it look pretty cool and did it quick. I normally take weeks to make even the smallest thing so i just did it fast.. its calles Hardcore FC for the map

Carpe Vexillum
08-19-2011, 01:19 AM
You two will need to send me them again.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Mines all still in my file. Hardcore FC (sign) Lights (screen shot) then oddball on rat trap

DarkS1de Reborn
08-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Okay so is it still just between me and fiery since it's now over??

Carpe Vexillum
08-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Yes but I need both of your speeches.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
Okay how do you want mine?? Just a warning it's short but sweet lol.

Actually I'll just send it to you on here..

Synaster Wolf
08-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Is this still going if so until when? Because I really want to enter and if it is over then please allow one more entry ;P

DarkS1de Reborn
08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
It ended like 2 or 3 days ago..

Synaster Wolf
08-21-2011, 11:13 AM
It ended like 2 or 3 days ago..

But that wasnt 2 weeks, was it?

EDIT: I feel really stupid for doing all of this today and finding out the contest was closed

Carpe Vexillum
08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
It was in fact 1 week. I feel dumb, yeah you can submit Wolf.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
It's been 9 days that's close enough lol. So me, fiery, and wolf. Game Over?? lol

Carpe Vexillum
08-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Nope, I will give it until this Friday, if anyone else has the ballz =p Next time I will just do a give away.

Synaster Wolf
08-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Nope, I will give it until this Friday, if anyone else has the ballz =p Next time I will just do a give away.

I have a question, Can the screenshot with the lights and shield doors have Fx?

Carpe Vexillum
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Yes it can.

Synaster Wolf
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
I can submit tomorrow correct?

Carpe Vexillum
08-26-2011, 12:04 AM
yes

DarkS1de Reborn
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Nope game over lol

Synaster Wolf
08-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Haha im almost done :P

DarkS1de Reborn
08-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Gotta hurry so we can get a winner I'm anxious as all hell to see who wins it's gonna be good. I think carp is just gonna be an ass and be all like (and the winner is ME haha bitches) XD

Synaster Wolf
08-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Gotta hurry so we can get a winner I'm anxious as all hell to see who wins it's gonna be good. I think carp is just gonna be an ass and be all like (and the winner is ME haha bitches) XD

Im going as fast as I can, I have until 11:59 at night I think.

DarkS1de Reborn
08-26-2011, 09:29 PM
that's like 2 or 3 am my time.

Synaster Wolf
08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Guess you'll have to wait

Synaster Wolf
08-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Just so I dont get disqualified heres my file share and I will PM you the speech.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Major %20Sedavian

To properly view the FC sign you have to go to the top of the wall of the walls and then you have to put your cursor over the flag spawn point that should reveal a white wall that covers over and reveals the text.

Fiery Grave
08-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Just so I dont get disqualified heres my file share and I will PM you the speech.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/default.aspx?player=Major %20Sedavian

the [picture isn't supposed to have anything in it.... Spartans included.... its supposed to be the beauty of the game environments

Synaster Wolf
08-26-2011, 11:02 PM
I am changing it now then :'[

DarkS1de Reborn
08-26-2011, 11:45 PM
My picture = sexiness

Synaster Wolf
08-27-2011, 12:04 AM
My picture = sexiness

I havent seen yours yet

Synaster Wolf
08-27-2011, 04:02 AM
So who won?

Carpe Vexillum
08-27-2011, 09:37 AM
You all are going to have to wait, because one, I want to judge fairly, two I am moving, staring college this weekend, hosting practice, going to meetings, helping with battle nights, and writing scripts. I am sorry but the suspense will have to build. After all the game doesn't come out until November. Give me a a week at the most.

ChRoNIc STDz
08-27-2011, 10:21 AM
this sounds like fun. sadly i already pre-ordered the game D:

Carpe Vexillum
08-27-2011, 11:45 AM
And its over, but who cares, if you can buy it or you pre-ordered it. If you win its still a free copy that you could have had, and sold or given for extra money. lul

Synaster Wolf
08-27-2011, 02:38 PM
And its over, but who cares, if you can buy it or you pre-ordered it. If you win its still a free copy that you could have had, and sold or given for extra money. lul

Gawd I hope I win :3

DarkS1de Reborn
08-27-2011, 09:43 PM
I hope I win because I'm a poor kid and probably won't be able to afford any of the new games this fall and winter because I just spent $1,800 that I don't even have for a new transmission for my truck so I can go to school on top of the $3500 I owe every semester for college loans and books and blah blah blah. I'm a poor kid lol.

Synaster Wolf
08-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Whats your gamertag so I can see your stuff?

Fiery Grave
08-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Whats your gamertag so I can see your stuff?

its his name on here... so is mine :P

DarkS1de Reborn
08-28-2011, 12:21 PM
yea what he said. ^^^

Carpe Vexillum
09-01-2011, 12:12 AM
And the winner IS...

DARKANGEL!!!!

You will need to msg me your address. I will be making a MV of your rat race game and taking a SS of your forge FC map. Congratz man on winning! You deserve it!

Speech-

"What exactly is motivation? Is it saying come on REDD Lets fuck BLUE up this war? Or is it telling you guys that we can do this lets play to the best of our abilities?? NO. I believe that motivation can’t just be spoken but has to be taught. Is it truly motivating to say okay come on guys we can fucking do this or is it more motivating to get together and work with one another to see what we can truly accomplish because what better motivation than seeing yourselves fighting side by side kicking ass! Now I can tell you all, all day long that we can beat BLUE upside down over and backwards but that isn’t going to do it. In times like this we need to get our asses together and kick some serious ass. BLUE has NOTHING on us and we know it! Sure they have a few good players.. BUT WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS!!! And it is our duty and our right to go out there and show these mutha F’ers what damage we can do! What we can control! Lets rip these guys a new one this war and for every war from here on out. Let’s show them the power of REDD and the drive that we have to beat each and everyone of these BLUE players. Let’s show them why we are THE BEST. Let’s show them that we are REDD!!"

Fiery Grave
09-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Speech-

"What exactly is motivation? Is it saying come on REDD Lets fuck BLUE up this war? Or is it telling you guys that we can do this lets play to the best of our abilities?? NO. I believe that motivation can’t just be spoken but has to be taught. Is it truly motivating to say okay come on guys we can fucking do this or is it more motivating to get together and work with one another to see what we can truly accomplish because what better motivation than seeing yourselves fighting side by side kicking ass! Now I can tell you all, all day long that we can beat BLUE upside down over and backwards but that isn’t going to do it. In times like this we need to get our asses together and kick some serious ass. BLUE has NOTHING on us and we know it! Sure they have a few good players.. BUT WE HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS!!! And it is our duty and our right to go out there and show these mutha F’ers what damage we can do! What we can control! Lets rip these guys a new one this war and for every war from here on out. Let’s show them the power of REDD and the drive that we have to beat each and everyone of these BLUE players. Let’s show them why we are THE BEST. Let’s show them that we are REDD!!"

Meh i think my speech was better :p, and my FC sign defiantly was better than his.... i mean come on i had rolling killballs that destroyed everything and made a bunch of pretty explosions.... his picture was better though.... but the video of my picture was like 10x better than the actual picture

Carpe Vexillum
09-01-2011, 02:01 AM
I wont get into specifics, but your speech was better, though your sign got disqualified because it wasn't "Forerunner Conflict", Angel went above and beyond, even did the logo thing with the shield doors.

DarkS1de Reborn
09-01-2011, 09:23 AM
1st off YES!!!!! Finally the poor kid catches a break lol. 2nd yes fiery I'm sure your speech was better than mine because I such at writing anything out because all my long talks or speeches come from spur of the moment with people around me to hear it I've never been good at typing anything out that includes motivation.. Unless of course theres a cookie XD jkjk. 3rd ahhh hell no my sign was soooo better :P because I was a no life and put fcwars.net next to it and attempted to make the FC bird crosshair symbol thingamajig (no idea what that symbols actual name is if it really has one) and 4th HA SEXY PICTURE!!!! lol. I did like yours and that wolf kids pic tho (yours because while you were making the bastard I kept getting lost cus I couldnt c shit then when I found it I was all look ohhhhh pretty lights and then we sat under the water and stared at the purple light like a bunch of stoners) they both looked good but theres just something about the color I made mine with those big ass towers and the lighting flowing around them and the clouds with the main tower shooting that charge beam into the air that ws just... RAWR to say the least lol.. But yea I will admit overall your sign was prob better than mine because mine I didn't sit there and take the time to properly line everything up like you would when your making a map I just put it together the best I could in the time I did it because the area I picked to put it all had a height barrier that was making it really difficult to spawn and move pieces so I just worked with what I could without getting pissed and blowing up my xbox.... But anyway Thanks Carpe I'll get that to you in a message as soon as possible (which might be like a week or two because I get completely side tracked by the dumbest things *oh look a quarter* okay well maybe not that bad but you get the idea..) And if I wasn't such a poor kid I would say you and wolf should both get some sort of prize just because your shit kicked ass as well but the most I could afford to send you right now is probably a gumball..... Seriously my funds are shot with school and everything that has been going on..

Fiery Grave
09-01-2011, 09:45 AM
I wont get into specifics, but your speech was better, though your sign got disqualified because it wasn't "Forerunner Conflict", Angel went above and beyond, even did the logo thing with the shield doors.

wait what it did? what did i miss?
i spelt out forerunner conflict.... unless my handicap made me miss spell it

Mr. Ang3le, your stuff was kind of cool so whatever :P. lol... but seriously calm down your excited and typing out too much in such a small space

DarkS1de Reborn
09-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Fiery I checked out the only map you had on your share and it just said FCwars or did you have another one I missed. And I wasn't typing a lot because I was excited I just had a lot to say about random stuff. And canadians... I mean bacon! :P

Carpe Vexillum
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Hes excited, ill let him have his moment =]

DarkS1de Reborn
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
I hate you all -_- lol. Well cept carpe since he shall be sending me a halo game. Can't hate a person who gives you halo. That's just rude lol.

Fiery Grave
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Fiery I checked out the only map you had on your share and it just said FCwars or did you have another one I missed. And I wasn't typing a lot because I was excited I just had a lot to say about random stuff. And canadians... I mean bacon! :P

fuck i uploaded the wrong map!