PDA

View Full Version : Bungie!!!

Lightning
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I was reading up on one of my favorite websites today, which I get a lot of my gaming news from, and they said Bungie trademarked the terms "Be Brave" and "Destiny". Possibly to do with there next game?

"Bungie’s Aerospace service might be out in the open but the former Halo developer’s next game still remains a secret. We know it’s going to be with Activision and we… well that’s pretty much all we know, but there are plenty of rumors doing the rounds about what it could be.Not that this will help the speculation, but Destructoid is reporting that the company has recently trademarked the terms ‘Be Brave’ and ‘Destiny’. To us, that sounds like very Bungie-ish marketing terms, given their ‘Finish the Fight’ campaign used for Halo 3.But then again, it can’t be a Halo game so we’re still pretty stuck on this one."

Synaster Wolf
08-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Nice Find, Of course its copy pasta. I do Believe that it will center around one person again.

Lightning
08-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Repeat that? I don't get what you said.

Maxdoggy
08-12-2011, 08:53 PM
This was posted on the GamerDirt Twitter stream immediately when that news broke. Lol.

There is a widget on the left side of the "home" page: www.fcwars.net/forums

Lightning
08-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Ahh, well apparently some people didn't look ;) so consider this a Notifier.

silversleek
08-12-2011, 11:29 PM
you be stealin ma colours!

OT: how would bungie copyright the word "destiny".? i all fake.

Lightning
08-13-2011, 01:14 AM
you be stealin ma colours!

OT: how would bungie copyright the word "destiny".? i all fake.

They didn't copyright it, they trademarked it. That means no one else can use it as their slogan or to advertise things.

zZ Dr K Zz
08-13-2011, 02:18 PM
They didn't copyright it, they trademarked it. That means no one else can use it as their slogan or to advertise things.
Exactly.

The same thing with how Nintendo trademarked the slogan "It's on like Donkey Kong."