PDA

View Full Version : FC Update 3.9

RaZ Vader
08-15-2011, 01:16 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s206/Mythonian/FC_Logo_01.png
FC Update 3.9

Let us just get right to it, you all waited too damn long. The War Council, needs to update you all on a few things.

War Bonds

What in the Hell is this you ask?
Awhile ago, Syfe proposed the Patriot ribbon, which was used. However, we also liked Eagle's war-bonds idea, and actually a lot of other people did as well.
And so, we're implementing it. Except with some modifications. Here are the details of the War Bonds system:

For every 100 vCash invested in your army, you provide the army with an additional 10 Credits.

You get an initial interest rate of 5%.

If your army wins a battle, you gain interest on the war-bond (+1%).

If your army loses a battle, you lose interest on the war-bond (-2%).

For every month that the war-bond is active, the interest increases (+5%).

If your army loses the war, the bond value plummets (-50%).

If your army wins the war, you get some spoils (+20%).

Basically, if your army does well, you make money. If they don't do well, they lose money.

Here is an example. Let's say you invested 5000 vCash in BLUE Army at the start of the Beta War...

Initial investment: 5,000

Initial interest: 5%

5 Months not withdrawn: +25%

19 Battles won: +19%

16 Battles lost: -32%

Won the war: +20%

Final interest: 37%

Return: 6,850

1,850 vCash in profit from a 5,000 investment for 5 months. lol.

Now, if that same person invested in REDD instead:

Initial investment: 5,000

Initial interest: 5%

5 Months not withdrawn: +25%

16 Battles won: +16%

19 Battles lost: -38%

Lost the war: -50%

Final interest: -42%

Return: 2,900

He lost 2,100 vCash total.

Now, for those of you who have already invested in your army: your investments are automatically transferred into the War Bonds system. Pretty cool huh?

A NEW PERK!

Believe it, this is happening, and will be utilized right away for the army to use the next upcoming battles.

Forward Command Center: 3,000 cR - Moves the Command Center one map per use (default location is the Capital), but cannot be moved onto a map bordering enemy maps. Reinforcements spawn on the Command Center after every battle night. Disables the use of Entrenchment or Final Stand on the map it is placed until the FCC is either destroyed or moved. Can be destroyed by Bombing Raids or a battle played on the map.

Pretty neat right? Don't understand? Oh well, its for High Command, just wanted everyone to be aware!

So you wanna be Respected?

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk193/SexyladyChantal/respect-gif-1.gif

I and the rest of the war council are getting a little irritated on people asking to become a respected member, So we decided to have a set of requirements to earn this prestigious title.

Some people are "retiring" and are asking for respected member.
First of all, you do not ask for respected member. It's a lot like the fight club in that the fight chooses you.

If someone were to become a respected member, these would be the circumstances that would create that situation:

A member has been active in the community for one year, they have been an active member in an Army's High Command for half of that time, and is respected in the community.

A member has been active in the community for two years, they have been an active member in an Army's Officer Corps for half of that time, and is respected in the community.

A member has been active in the community for three years, they have been active in all Army activities, and is respected in the community.

This is just for your information, so if you do not fulfill these requirements and want to "retire", don't expect any special privileges. Capeesh?!

Battle Planning & Turn Structure

Well, the war council decided to make things a little more eaiser to understand when it comes to battle planning. This is more of a guideline for Field Marshals and High Command. But, everyone should understand how it will work.

Pre-Step One: Reinforcements based on Territories earned are now added to the end of Battle Results rather than being added to the end of attack plans.

-Turn Structure

First Part: Buy additional reinforcements; All troops deployed for this attack week, including troops from the previous Battle Results.

Second Part: Make all standard "free" moves of one adjacent map. All troops on WarMap are allowed to move. Once free moves are made, Troops on Maps are totaled.

Third Part: Make all "Mobility" moves; All troops on WarMap are allowed to move. Once Mobility moves are made, Troops on Maps are finalized.

Fourth Part: Purchase all "Perks"; Perks are enacted simultanious to the attacks.

Fifth Part: Maps to be attacked are declared; Attack Force/Defense Force sizes are declared; Perks are carried out simultaniously as attacking forces move.
- For example, if an Army sends all but 50 troops to attack a map, and a Bombing Raid hits the map the attack in launched from, the bombing raid has no effect since there is only 50 Troops. Thus, it would be wasted.

"Meet the Enemy Night"

Due to the last week of August/first week of September many members are back to school, Forerunner Conflict will be taking a one week break. What does that mean? That means Sunday, September 3rd, we will host a BYOGN night where both armies can mix, get to know eachother, have some laughs, and help revive the community feeling. Don't forget, we are a "Community with a War-Sim" and such the Community aspect needs to be given some life. Hopefully, this will make a lot of members of FC take a breather, and learn to chill for a little bit. Your Field Marshals will most likely be setting up this game night. Or any squad leader can do some skirmishes if they so wish.

Famous People be Everywhere

So, someone in this community had the bright idea of adding a Hall of Fame, and the War Council jumped at this idea, and fell in love with it. Really! We did, and I for one could not believe we didn't think of it sooner, but since FC is an old age of 5. Well, this is the best time to give old members, and even some newer members the chance to get recognized by the community. In the next few days, a Hall of Fame section will be added to the Homepage, where all of the inductees will be placed, with a small Bio of the person.

How do you get inducted? Well, the Current Forerunners and High Command will induct members, and we will vote to see if they make a cut. But what if you want to recommend someone? Well you can, but ultimately we have the Final Say. We are going for the OLD OLD fogies of this community, probably a lot of people a lot of YOU have not even met. But if you want to recommed someone, send a message to an HC members explaining on why they should get this prestigious award.

VCASH Give-a-WAY.. (again)

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/150/i/2011/007/b/9/halo_reach_funny_screensh ots_by_kf22-d31mqm9.jpg
Yeah, I know.. I am just in the Give-A-Way kinda mood as of late. But don't worry you don't have to send me an Email or Message this time. Instead, the War Council decided to be a little more creative.

It is really simple, take a screenshot of your Spartan doing a funny, or odd looking pose in Halo Reach, and submit it HERE: http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?3516-vCash-GIVE-AWAY

(http://fcwars.net/forums/showthread.php?3516-vCash-GIVE-AWAY) Members who participate will receive 2,000 VCASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDi-ez71jQ8

Captain Poder
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
family guy FTW

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Awesome xD yay for war bonds, hall of fame, enemies and a cold one.

silversleek
08-15-2011, 03:11 PM
i like the new perk. what happens if the FCC is destroyed? does it just go back to the capital?

Mythonian
08-15-2011, 03:17 PM
i like the new perk. what happens if the FCC is destroyed? does it just go back to the capital? Yes.

Spartanbh
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
I have a bad feeling that I'm not gonna make the Hall of Fame ='(

Scarekro
08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
First of all, you do not ask for respected member. It's a lot like the fight club in that the fight chooses you.

Love the update, but you just broke three rules. >=(

HellSpawn 101
08-15-2011, 05:23 PM
hall of fame shit good idea

Daaaah Whoosh
08-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Hey, if we did have a hall of fame, could I be in it for making comics? Or did someone do that, only better, before I got here?

RetRdidMunkie
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Hey, if we did have a hall of fame, could I be in it for making comics? Or did someone do that, only better, before I got here?

Lol. Dude, dont ask to be in. If they feel you deserve a spot they'll give you one. ^_^

Kuhblam
08-16-2011, 03:33 PM

I don't mean to sound offensive, and don't take this as personal, but comics won't get you in to the HoF alone.

Rather, anyone who has joined within a year and a half can consider themselves most likely excluded from the list the WC/HC has compiled for the HoF. This is very exclusive and selective. There are names on here that I've only heard about in FC legend (gee does that sound corny).

~Kuhblam

Mithias
08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
How do you invest?........first time doing any of this

Spartanbh
08-16-2011, 09:07 PM
And Like I said before....even though I'm not in the WC, I still believe I should have a voice in the HoF just because I know pretty much everyone and anyone that there is and was to know in this community...If there is anyway to give me permissions to just see a HoF topic or forum, that would be greatly appreciated =)

Mi Boys Dinner
08-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Rather, anyone who has joined within a year and a half can consider themselves most likely excluded from the list the WC/HC has compiled for the HoF. This is very exclusive and selective. There are names on here that I've only heard about in FC legend (gee does that sound corny).

Curses! Foiled again!

Daaaah Whoosh
08-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I don't mean to sound offensive, and don't take this as personal, but comics won't get you in to the HoF alone.

~Kuhblam

Yeah, I figured as much. Actually, my question was just a more topic-appropriate way to ask if there had been anyone before me who did what I'm doing now. Because if there was, I'd like to see how they did it.

L0rd Kanti
08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Just you wait imma get into the FC HoF for being the FC president. I've been campaigning for this position for years
and one day my dream will be recognized.

MedeDust
08-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Just you wait imma get into the FC HoF for being the FC president. I've been campaigning for this position for yearsand one day my dream will be recognized. No luck there, Raz started a Revolution and became dictator :P

Raider0614
08-21-2011, 09:49 PM
hall of fame sounds cool