PDA

View Full Version : Events Section & Contests

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
I was thinking, what is FC missing that could help perk the flow of people coming in and the activity there in. Then I thought of course, I am holding a contest right now. Why not more of them!? On the from forum page under news and announcements (or media) add a section called Events. Here members with enough dedication can post their own contests and tournaments. (also a good place for give aways.) Now to get it started I have two contests that will take place.

A forge contest, each month a theme will be given and rules set, and then the forge buffs or those who think they are can make a map with the theme and rules in place.

Second a Screenshot contest, where each week the leaders of this will pick a map, and theme. Those who feel like they are good at SS can go at it.

But of course those will be two regulars, I will have my general twice a month sweepstakes like the HALO CE one right now and any one else who has contest can go at it.

There have to be awards for the two regulars. Specifically Vcash.

I was thinking for the forge one,
1. 1000
2. 500
3. 250

The SS one
1. 500
2. 300
3. 150

Which will also help facilitate the slow trickle of Vcash that is out right now. But it will also help liven the community with great media, maps, competition and fun.

RaZ Vader
08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
I support this in its entirety

GhostHammer
08-15-2011, 03:40 PM
I support this in its entirety

^This, wicked idea Carpe.

Kuhblam
08-15-2011, 03:46 PM
It wouldn't be under News and Announcements; rather, I think Game Nights would become the Events section to encompass everything and stop the creation of redundant sections that could be combined. Otherwise, good idea.

~Kuhblam

GhostHammer
08-15-2011, 03:48 PM
It wouldn't be under News and Announcements; rather, I think Game Nights would become the Events section to encompass everything and stop the creation of redundant sections that could be combined. Otherwise, good idea.

~Kuhblam

This is true. Perhaps Events Section that contains Game Nights, Contests, and whatever else is needed?

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 03:52 PM
This is true. Perhaps Events Section that contains Game Nights, Contests, and whatever else is needed?

^Epic. I agree with this, because contests and gamenights should be held in separate sub-forums to help keep it clean.

Maxdoggy
08-15-2011, 04:09 PM
We were totally talking about this in the War Council meeting last night. Glad to see the community is on the same page! :P

New Forums Created.

'Creator' Ribbon Awarded to Carpe Vexillum!

Topic Closed.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c287/Maxdoggy/FCclosetopicFC.jpg