PDA

View Full Version : Supporter

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Brainstorm. Just a thought, needs some refinement.

What is a Supporter?
A Supporter is a member of the FC Community who has helped out the site and/or community as a whole, in one way or another. Because of their help, they are given special access around FC, that you can only get by being a Supporter or Vcash. Here are the special privileges you can get for becoming a Supporter:
New Color for your Username.
You can define your own User Title.
Higher limits on PMs (i.e. Send PMs to more members at once)
Help with the initial decision of narrowing down Contest and Challenge Entries.
Others?

For those of you from other sites, a Supporter is in no way a Staff Member; but rather just a helpful individual who gets a few extra perks around the site.

How do I get Supporter?
There are several ways to get Supporter, and I will take you through all of them.

Being Helpful
For those who are just generally good people, who always help others and give to FC without looking for anything in return.

If you fit in this category, we might see it necessary to grant you Supporter; but we don't take this lightly, and telling somebody that their map was good doesn't equate to helping the community.

This is for the shining individuals amongst you.

Winning A Challenge/Feature/Contest
If you are lucky enough to be picked by the community as a winner of one of FC's many challenges, then you will be granted temporary Supporter access.

Donation
I know that to some, it sounds tacky that you can give money to be a Supporter, but sometimes all you can do to help is give Monetary Support. If you see fit to give FC a donation, then you will be granted your Supporter status.

The donation required to become a Supporter is $20 USD, and will give you Supporter for a full year.

For more information, please see the Donation Page.

GhostHammer
08-15-2011, 04:46 PM
I like the concept, perhaps a new ribbon?

MedeDust
08-15-2011, 04:58 PM
People who actually support in such a way already get rewarded enough, IMO.

Fuzzy
08-15-2011, 05:37 PM
We already award such members who do these things, I feel this would be a little redundant.

RaZ Vader
08-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Good idea in theory, but like everyone said above me, it is a little redundant it seems. We have Ribbons, Awards, and vCash, and give-a-ways. I really don't know what else we can possibly do.

Kuhblam
08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Agreed, although a nice idea it is redundant.

~Kuhblam

Carpe Vexillum
08-15-2011, 10:00 PM
It was an idea to help reincorporate some of those ideas in a way that would make standard members or those who just want to be enlisted feel special.

Nocte
08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
It isn't redundant because where vCash and Awards can eventually go away, changing your user title can make sure people know what you have done. That's why ribbons are used, but they don't tell everything that someone has done this community.

This can really help people the people get out their more who have created graphics for the site or who have created videos for the community.

As Carpe said in OP, it should along go to members who are always helping either the Army or members of the community. Which we all know they are out their I could name a few in REDD myself. They do more then are asked and get nothing in return.

Personally I love this idea!

Kuhblam
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
It seems like a short-cut to Respected Members, which we have recently made more harder to join. Why give a Supporter extra perks when Respected Members don't?

If you want recognition, keep working hard and you'll find your place. I see no reason to add an intermediate usergroup which is in fact redundant when there are a billion other ways to earn recognition for short contributions (specifically ribbons). No disrespect intended, of course.

~Kuhblam

GhostHammer
08-16-2011, 07:53 PM
It seems like a short-cut to Respected Members, which we have recently made more harder to join. Why give a Supporter extra perks when Respected Members don't?

If you want recognition, keep working hard and you'll find your place. I see no reason to add an intermediate usergroup which is in fact redundant when there are a billion other ways to earn recognition for short contributions (specifically ribbons). No disrespect intended, of course.

~Kuhblam

I agree. Ribbon at the most.

Carpe Vexillum
08-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Eagle agreed... its a bad idea <3 Just playing of course. I see what you mean Kuhblam.

Captain Poder
08-17-2011, 12:18 AM
heres an idea, put a gold star by someones name if they are supporter, changing the color of their username will only give complications with army colors , etc

Blackhawk570
08-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Supporters should automatically become Field Marshalls

Acid
08-17-2011, 11:39 AM
In my opinion, it just seems like a way to make ones self seem better than everyone else.

Syfe
08-17-2011, 12:15 PM
I agree with Kuhblam and Acid.

I thought we were already "supporting".

Being Helpful?
Check.

Winning a Challenge/Feature/Contest?
Check.

Donation?
Check.

These systems have been in place for quite some time.

When I want to feel "special", I usually do something for the community; as opposed to asking what I can get out of it.

In reality, what you're asking for; is "access" to...something.

I have a feeling, that it too is; special.

VerbotenDonkey
08-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Supporters should automatically become Field Marshalls

Blackhawk should automatically have to turn off his mic in pre-game lobbies.

Anyway, I vote for ribbon only.

Carpe Vexillum
08-17-2011, 12:53 PM
It was a way to put all three together into one user group. Some people complained about how hard it was to get custom user colors and all that, so it was a way to make it easier. No need to bite my head off, it was an idea nothing more =p

Buoy O Buoy
08-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I like the star Idea