PDA

View Full Version : ? confused ?

RaZ Vader
08-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I just realized something, maybe I am a noob? idk.. maybe someone can explain.

I was going to make my new gamertag RazVicious with no spaces. But, when i try that it says it is in use. But, when i send a Friend Request to that Gamertag, it says it doesn't exist on XBL!? how is this possible? Maybe a different Service? I feel dumb asking this for some reason..

Carpe Vexillum
08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
I think if its the same tag with or without spaces it counts it as in use.

Like right now no one could make:

CarpeVexillum

Because I have...

Carpe Vexillum

RaZ Vader
08-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I think if its the same tag with or without spaces it counts it as in use.

Like right now no one could make:

CarpeVexillum

Because I have...

Carpe Vexillum

I guess that sort of makes sense, but not really. lol

DarkS1de Reborn
08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
It's sucks to have to do this but he is right so best best is change one of the letters to a number. microsoft has become bitchier on what they allow for names. So no more double entendres lol.

RaZ Vader
08-20-2011, 10:39 AM
It's sucks to have to do this but he is right so best best is change one of the letters to a number. microsoft has become bitchier on what they allow for names. So no more double entendres lol.

Meh, i was just curious. Never knew that :)

Carpe Vexillum
08-20-2011, 12:10 PM
RaZ do you change your signature and avatar everyday?

Nocte
08-20-2011, 12:49 PM
RaZ do you change your signature and avatar everyday?

What confuses me is why the hell he has the Joker as a sig.... I thought he loved Batman.

Twitch
08-20-2011, 01:45 PM
There are other services linked with names such as ZUNE...Most accounts that you can't get are Zune accounts.

Vestige
08-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Its the same with me I tried changing the original ninjaboltz to Ninjabolts But its taken Even when I try NinjaBolts so I had to name that GT Ninjaaboltzz And change my current one to Ninjaboltz

Relapsive
08-20-2011, 03:58 PM
I just realized something, maybe I am a noob? idk.. maybe someone can explain.

I was going to make my new gamertag RazVicious with no spaces. But, when i try that it says it is in use. But, when i send a Friend Request to that Gamertag, it says it doesn't exist on XBL!? how is this possible? Maybe a different Service? I feel dumb asking this for some reason..

If there was someone with the original xbox that had that name then you cant take it or the possibility that someone with that name has been banned before so thats why you cant send a friends request this is the legit response cause i asked the same problem and called Microsoft about that.

MedeDust
08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Microsoft just hates you.

bazongaman502
08-20-2011, 04:51 PM
its to prevent accounts being messed with... basically if you both had the same password, and one whent to recover their gamertag, but added (or elimintaed the space) your instantly in someone elses account... thats what they really are trying to stop

Lightning
08-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Bro, it does this to me ALL the time.

My old gamertag Revision does that,

V e l o c i t y does that.

A couple other sick gamertags do that.

Someone told me, it has something to do with Zune usernames, but I doubt it.