PDA

View Full Version : New MLG Controller

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.madcatz.com/mlg/360_controller.htm

I don't know if many of you know this but MLG and madcatz announced a partnership about a year to build a high quality competitive gaming controller. nothing new has came out about this partnership until recently and many people thought the plan to build the controller died but just recently they have released a bunch of new information about the project and it is looking very promising.

i know many of you are thinking "Oh madcatz is making it, it's going to be a cheap piece of crap" while this is usually true for there controllers, they are known for making some of the highest quality arcade fight pads for xbox/ps3 and some other products for pc. With MLG being a partner I don't see MLG letting madcatz design something that is a POS with MLG's logo on it.

i hope this will be the solution to the fact that Microsoft controllers are pretty crappy, a few months of solid gaming and it usually breaks or has slow-turn or is just beat to hell. also the ps3 controllers seem very cheap and flimsy.

some of the features on the web page seem sweet. if your joystick breaks you can just buy a replacement joystick instead of a new controller(you can replace the whole joystick mechanism, not just the plastic stick part) you can also change were the joystick and D-pad are and make a xbox controller like a ps3 controller. and make a ps3 controller like a xbox controller.

it is suppose to come out for the HOLIDAYS this year and MLG's CEO said it will be a little more expensive than the microsoft controller. i am guessing in the $60-$80 range but if it works like advertised i think it will be worth it for sure.

Vestige
08-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Personaly I dont like the design then again I don't play MLG.

Spartanbh
08-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Actually that's a fake controller. the actual MLG controller is going to have only one button and one thumb stick, but the thumb stick is going to be on the bottom of the controller rather than on top. And the button doesn't work unless you hold it down for 24 seconds while reciting the first paragraph from A Tale of Two Cities....Thats how hardcore it is going to be.

Vestige
08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
O.o damn! I didnt know MLG got so hardcore. I thought it was full of wannabes and people who cry when they dont win... (not intended to insult FC members)

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Personaly I dont like the design then again I don't play MLG.

it actually kinda reminds me of the small original xbox controller design with a glossy front part.

i think mlg just wanted to make a higher quality controller than what is out there. when your playing competitively for money a high quality controller is a must but i see it being very good for the non competitive people who just want a very good controller.

i like that there will be another option other than microsoft. (the razor onza sucks btw, 2 months and mine is literally falling apart. great idea very poor quality)

Vestige
08-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Actually your right It does look like the first controller, now that I look at it. I think the word is called "remastered".

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
O.o damn! I didnt know MLG got so hardcore. I thought it was full of wannabes and people who cry when they dont win... (not intended to insult FC members)

your talking about GB kids. a lot of the younger GB players give a bad rep for the actual MLG people. the majority of mlg are just gamers who play competitively and usually are very mature(there's exceptions). same as people who decide to play organized football and play games against other teams(competitive gamers) vs. those who just play backyard football(ordinary gamers who play just for fun).

i personally just play MLG because i like competitiveness, although i am not that good lol

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Actually your right It does look like the first controller, now that I look at it. I think the word is called "remastered".

hopefully it is as good of quality as the original lol. I only owned 1 controller for the life of my original xbox and it never failed me.

Vestige
08-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Yea man and Ik its the young kids Im just teasing xD

Nocte
08-23-2011, 02:14 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there, but isn't MLG a piece of shit? That would explain why they partnered with Madcatz. A piece of shit controller for a piece of shit organization. Tell me I'm wrong....

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there, but isn't MLG a piece of shit? That would explain why they partnered with Madcatz. A piece of shit controller for a piece of shit organization. Tell me I'm wrong....

i understand what you mean with madcatz and its partially true. recently though they have replaced all there upper management(within the last three years) and madcatz has been known for making the top of the line arcade style fight pads for fighting games. they have the ability to make good products.

please explain how MLG is a piece of shit?

GhostHammer
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Interesting....

I once saw a controlled for the original Xbox that had buttons of the handgrips by your fingers, the idea was to have a finger on every button comfortably at all times. Interesting concept, I'll see if I can find a picture somewhere, but when I tried it, it was rather comfortable to use and very effective.

I do agree this one looks like the original controller.

Nocte
08-23-2011, 02:44 PM
please explain how MLG is a piece of shit?

All MLG does is make the ego of a player bigger because they have either participated in an MLG event or won an MLG event. So they think their the shit, when in reality they just beat somebody online which amounts to absolutely nothing....

MLG also ruined the gaming industry, by making developers want to move towards and creating more competitive games. If MLG never got so large then it would of never happened, but they did and now alot of games such as Halo and Call of Duty (Which doesn't have MLG, but still has transformed into a competitive game....) Gaming back in it's prime Halo 2 was a great example it wasn't built to be competitive unless one wanted it to be. It was built like Halo: CE to be fun. Halo 2 was very fun because the way the weapons worked was perfectly balanced. Each weapon had a job and if used properly that job would be complete. Halo 3 however was built to be competitive and thus we had the OP BR.....

To you it may not seem so bad, because well from this topic it seems like you support MLG. However casual gamers the one that built gaming are the ones who are currently getting bent over.....

Fuzzy
08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Actually MLG is not played online, also I do not see why you dislike it. Let the hardcore gamers have their own section, casual gamers already have the rest of the game. Kinda disrespectful that you would insult a whole breed of gamers.

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Interesting....

I once saw a controlled for the original Xbox that had buttons of the handgrips by your fingers, the idea was to have a finger on every button comfortably at all times. Interesting concept, I'll see if I can find a picture somewhere, but when I tried it, it was rather comfortable to use and very effective.

I do agree this one looks like the original controller.

i think i know what your talking about. look at this, its kinda similar to what your talking about with the ability to press everything without moving your fingers. FRANKENSTEIN CONTROLLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1J-MFNYWoo

this is one of the reasons i play bumper jumper. it allows you to jump/beatdown without taking your thumb off the joystick. isn't as effective as it was in h3 because of AA though.

GhostHammer
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Here is the one I was speaking about, it's an "FPS Master Controller".

http://top-gameconsole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wpid-41N9GGQNEEL.jpg

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
^What the hell is that??? lol

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 03:08 PM
All MLG does is make the ego of a player bigger because they have either participated in an MLG event or won an MLG event. So they think their the shit, when in reality they just beat somebody online which amounts to absolutely nothing....

MLG also ruined the gaming industry, by making developers want to move towards and creating more competitive games. If MLG never got so large then it would of never happened, but they did and now alot of games such as Halo and Call of Duty (Which doesn't have MLG, but still has transformed into a competitive game....) Gaming back in it's prime Halo 2 was a great example it wasn't built to be competitive unless one wanted it to be. It was built like Halo: CE to be fun. Halo 2 was very fun because the way the weapons worked was perfectly balanced. Each weapon had a job and if used properly that job would be complete. Halo 3 however was built to be competitive and thus we had the OP BR.....

To you it may not seem so bad, because well from this topic it seems like you support MLG. However casual gamers the one that built gaming are the ones who are currently getting bent over.....

BUNGIE and infinity-ward have completely ignored MLG along with EPIC until recently. the only thing that MLG has asked for in games is more customization options. MLG has stated many times in interviews that they don't want to make games 100% competitive, they just want the customization options that allow a game to be competitive. MLG currently represents individuals who want a game that is competitive. the two most competitive games in MLG's history have been halo 1 and halo 2, MLG as whole and there pro's hated halo 3. you can blame newer games for being trash on the fact that gaming companies want to make games extremely easy and they just add stuff that sounds cool and is just gimmicky stuff to get people to buy it without regards to how it effects gameplay. think about MW2 when it first came out, i bet once you found out you could drop a nuke and win the game you were like "SWEET i can drop a nuke and instantly win, muhahahahahahhah" than you realized all it did was make people camp and abuse kill streaks, until they got a nuke.

i have been playing halo since halo ce, MLG has been asking gaming companies to add the depth and skill required to be good at halo ce to games and the fact that there were multiple weapons for different situations, but they have never listened, they make games to please the masses and they make things that look cool but in reality they fuck up the balance of the game.

you can blame gaming companies for not listening to MLG for the reason games such now.

your also stereotyping everyone in MLG as being egotistical, that's like saying because the people who beat up that guy at the dodgers game and put him in a coma, than all dodgers fans are brutal crazy assholes.

MLG is 100% LAN meaning they don't use the internet for any of there competitions, its all face to face with your opponent on a perfect connection. the people your referring to are Gamebattle kids who more than likely will never amount to anything at an MLG event, and they usually are little kids who give a bad rep for actual mlg players.

I support, follow and have been to MLG events, does that mean i am a egotistical idiot who thinks there god at halo?

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Here is the one I was speaking about, it's an "FPS Master Controller".

http://top-gameconsole.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wpid-41N9GGQNEEL.jpg

da fuck

GhostHammer
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
LOL Yea was for Original Xbox, A B X Y were on the grips down lower, triggers were like gun triggers, then the sticks.

It was pretty good, I used it for some LAN parties on Xbox but they never re-made it for 360.

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
That looks like a steering wheel ripped off of a racing game at the arcade.

L0rd Kanti
08-23-2011, 03:15 PM

Your wrong :)

Ex Zen Mute
08-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought I heard around $159 for one of those...

Or was that the Fightstick?

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
I thought I heard around $159 for one of those...

that's the fight stick, the price for the controller hasn't been announced yet.

Deathhawk
08-23-2011, 04:26 PM
"madcatz" ... "high quality"

#BULLSHIT

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
#BULLSHIT

have you used there fight sticks? there honestly the best.

Fuzzy
08-23-2011, 04:34 PM

I game with this.....

Vestige
08-23-2011, 04:49 PM

I game with this.....
Win!

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 04:50 PM

I game with this.....

WIN!

Nocte
08-23-2011, 05:17 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRy902R hdjXnyCfAW-194_YLLjjSCg-tInsKbFtoyRXNasiKFOvIQNGy ObT

Mines better!

RENGADE 0F FUNK
08-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I dont think you guys understand.

If you play normal halo your E-penis is like maybe 3 inches.

But when you play MLG your E-penis grows continuously based on your KD.

Also, your character as a human becomes increasingly better as your win loss ratio climbs.

So, obviously, MLG kids get all the pussy.

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Also, your character as a human becomes increasingly better as your win loss ratio climbs.

Like*

AftershocK
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM

win. i <3 MLG

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
if only you guy's who don't play MLG, understood the actual players of MLG, you would realize the stereotype that you guy's believe is MLG is incorrect.

and yes MLG gives you a giant e-penis and no it isn't based on KD

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Eagle's just mad cause I beat him in a 1v1 I dont even have Halo :P

RENGADE 0F FUNK
08-23-2011, 07:00 PM
I dont think you guys get that i was being extremely sarcastic

Foehammer
08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
It does look a bit like the old controller, I like it. I sincerely hope it won't turn out to be shit.

Guzzie
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I can honestly see this controller being absolute garbage. With all the interchangeable parts and customization options, I can see it falling apart. I like the Microsoft controllers to be honest. I like the way the feel, although slow turning does suck.

This new controller has to get incredible reviews for me to even consider getting it.

zZ Dr K Zz
08-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Madcatz - "We produce shitty products, so you don't have to."

Foehammer
08-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Madcatz - "We produce shitty products, so you don't have to."

^lol at the truth

Fuzzy
08-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I really don't know what any of you are talking about.........my cat can't make controllers, its just a cat he may be a bit feisty though.

cCrisis
08-23-2011, 11:40 PM
for anyone who cares.......

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/the-real-story-behind-the-mlg-controller/

MedeDust
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM
If I still played I would get it That's just Gold.

Hectic Tac Toe
08-27-2011, 03:35 PM
"FREAKING SPAMMER TAKING ADVANTAGE OF MY SLOW-TURN CONTROLLER" - everyone that matters knows who repeats this 10 times a game.