PDA

View Full Version : ASUS laptop?

zZ Dr K Zz
08-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Anyone have experience with ASUS laptops or know if they are worth a purchase or not?

Newegg is having a 48 hour sale and this laptop (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168 34230029&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL082311&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL082311-_-EMC-082311-Index-_-Netbooks-_-34230029-L017B) has been greatly reduced in price.

Yes, I know that it is refurbished, but that is the least of my concerns as I just want a laptop where I can type on it and use it for other basic tasks.

Any opinions on this?

Blackhawk570
08-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Asus laptops are the best, but this is a netbook and is only meant for basic needs no gaming

zZ Dr K Zz
08-24-2011, 12:36 AM
Asus laptops are the best, but this is a netbook and is only meant for basic needs no gaming
Which is just what I need. I have a desktop for gaming.

Maxdoggy
08-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I only have experience with Acer netbooks, but my dad's Asus laptop works great. Asus makes quality products, in my experience.

Blackhawk570
08-24-2011, 12:40 AM
Black Friday has usually great deals for laptops, that is how I got mine. But if you need one now then go for it

DarkS1de Reborn
08-24-2011, 07:03 PM
ASUS is the top producer for computer hardware and make one hell of a laptop and netbook.

By producer I mean most computers internal workings are like asus motherboards and a lot of graphic cards even by major names are actually produced by ASUS as well.

Carpe Vexillum
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
I have their GOD gaming laptop that I am using right now, and so far ASUS has beaten all my other computers = HP, Dell. In performance and quality. If your looking towards getting an ASUS its probably the second best option besides building your own. They work great for gaming, I run Crysis 1 & 2 just fine. In my experienced opinion.

ASUS G53J Series

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-r4XbPlnB5go/TXY65Tjb7tI/AAAAAAAABXc/D3Xf7RWWI30/gaming-asus-_g53main_450x360.jpg
http://www.laptopmag.com/images/uploads/ppress/43040/AsusG53j_8386_g6.jpg

cCrisis
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
asus is honestly the best laptop's out for the price/performance and overall quality.

also carpe, it's kinda hard to build a laptop. it can be done but you won't get the same size and style with a custom build laptop. a custom build would be really bulky and ugly. a lot of the components in laptops are designed to be smaller for each specific laptop than the same component in a desktop. if you ever look at GPU spec's when looking at a laptop they usually say ATI Mobility RADEON HD5730 instead of just ATI RADEON HD 5730 which is the desktop version. same card just a difference in size. also the mobility will be a little less powerful to save on heat. you can't really buy a Radeon mobility GPU. (i could be wrong, but i've never seen one.)

custom built laptops are not really the best idea because of the lack of components that are designed for laptops.

building a custom desktop on the other hand...... to build a computer with similar spec's to a $2000 pre-built, it would cost like $1200 or less.

Carpe Vexillum
08-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I wasn't looking for any bash man. I was just saying if you have the time and money and well skill, its probably better.

cCrisis
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I wasn't looking for any bash man. I was just saying if you have the time and money and well skill, its probably better.

not trying to bash, just informing. i know a lot of people talk about computers and throw out stuff to someone else who doesn't really know much and they take it like "well i am going to build a custom laptop" because it is commonly known that you can build a custom desktop so why not build a laptop. when in reality it's not the best option to build a laptop unless it's extremely powerful for like a mobile desktop that a business would need.

don't take it like i was bashing and i didn't mean it in that way.

Fiery Grave
08-25-2011, 01:58 AM
also just want to point out carp posting pics of laptops means nothing to most people :P especially when discussing if its worth it

zZ Dr K Zz
08-25-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm going to skip on this deal and wait until black Friday. It's not a necessity for me at the moment.

Thanks for the awesome feedback though guys! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ASUS laptops when looking through the sales on Black Friday.

Again, thanks! It is much appreciated.

cCrisis
08-25-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm going to skip on this deal and wait until black Friday. It's not a necessity for me at the moment.

Thanks for the awesome feedback though guys! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for ASUS laptops when looking through the sales on Black Friday.

Again, thanks! It is much appreciated.

how much are looking to spend, and what do you want the laptop for(gaming/school/video editing etc...). i can keep a eye out for some great deals. newegg will have some crazy deals on the saturday after.(i think they have black Friday for stores than the Saturday after is were all the online deals are or it might be the Thursday before.)