PDA

View Full Version : Something that bugs me...

Foehammer
08-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Why did Cortana lie to me during Halo 1's level 'The Maw'? xD I found this article that has put my questions to bed, read for yourself;

"After playing through Halo a number of times, I have to say that the one thing that really bothers me is Cortana's exchange with Foe Hammer near the end of The Maw.

Being specific, Foehammer says:

"Echo 419 to Cortana. Things are gettin' noisy down there. Everything okay?"

...and Cortana replies:

"Negative, negative! We have a wildcat destabilization of the ship's fusion core. The engines must have sustained more damage than we thought!"

Now what does she mean by 'more damage than we thought'?

Is she implying that cracking the engine shields has caused the engines to melt down quicker than she first assumed? Possibly, but I don't think so. Given the complete lack of any communication with any other UNSC forces of the intention to destroy Halo, Cortana's response is tantamount to a blatant lie. It sounds like she's implying that the PoA's engines suffered more damage in the original crash than was previously assumed, and that the meltdown is not as a result of anything done deliberately after that particular incident.

If so, why is she appearing to hide the fact that it's due to her and Master Chief's actions?"

Interesting, wouldn't you say? I noticed this several times myself but shrugged it off as a plot oversight.

AftershocK
08-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Whatever youre smoking i want some of it

bazongaman502
08-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Whatever youre smoking i want some of it

amen

Carpe Vexillum
08-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Weed'l make you notice shit your not suppose to. Like I understand why they call it a sofa, but this shits a love seat, so I cant sit in it if I am not in love wtf is that?!?

Syfe
08-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Keep on smokin'.

Legalize it.

Foehammer
08-27-2011, 03:18 AM
Thank you for your input, gentlemen.

MedeDust
08-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I understand completely. I always knew she was a hoe.

Silko
08-27-2011, 11:24 AM
If you read the book The Flood, it tells you that the UNSC left on the Ring had some type of idea of what MC and Cortana where up to. In fact the remaining solders went to go take a covenant ship to get them the hell out of there only to be killed by the flood.

Fiery Grave
08-27-2011, 12:08 PM
If you read the book The Flood, it tells you that the UNSC left on the Ring had some type of idea of what MC and Cortana where up to. In fact the remaining solders went to go take a covenant ship to get them the hell out of there only to be killed by the flood.

this.... there were few UNSC personnel left on halo... and the few that were left probably were stranded or out of radio communication range and were left behind. It was planned out and they were supposed to meet up with the ODST in space who were supposed to have taken over a covenant ship for their return home. They failed so the chief and the few members of the last pelican off the ring world had to do it them selves

Silko
08-27-2011, 02:03 PM
That was a fucken bomb ass book, "First Strike"