PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the Past night!

Spartanbh
08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
I really don't have a set date to hold one (probably like a Friday or Saturday night), but I think it would be awesome if we have a blast from the past Halo 2 game night. Obviously we can't play Halo 2, but we can play some of the old gametypes that were so fun and more complex back then. Lately a lot of us have been having a blast playing classic zombies where you had to manually switch teams. There are a bunch of other game types we could make and "forge", such as Troy, Tremors, Cat and Mouse, Cops and Robbers, Predator, and Hide and Go Seek. But for the most part we'll keep it simple and make it feel like the good ol' Halo 2 days. So let's pick a date and play some good old classic games!!!!

Also, if anyone has GOOD remakes of classic Halo 1 or Halo 2 maps, by all means please share them. So far I only have Turf, Hang'em High, and Foundation. I would really enjoy a good Headlong, Lockout, Terminal, and whatever else we can fun to make it a fun game night!

RetRdidMunkie
08-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I WANT!

Carpe Vexillum
08-27-2011, 11:59 PM
We actually can play Halo 2 with XBC (Xbox Connect not Kinect) as long as people are willing to put in the effort to relive the times.

Maxdoggy
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM
I can haz classic nightz?

Spartanbh
Unfortunately XBC doesn't work for me and anyone else that has a wireless connection I found out :-/...I tried downloading and playing but it wouldn't let me cause I didn't have a hard connection...

bazongaman502
totally down for this... some of those gametypes you listed seem EXTREAMLY AWESOME...

one i for a fact want to know... what is the gametype Troy?

bazongaman502
08-28-2011, 12:10 AM
We actually can play Halo 2 with XBC (Xbox Connect not Kinect) as long as people are willing to put in the effort to relive the times.

you sir, just informed me of this XBC and i just downloaded it... thats fuckin amazing... cant wait to try it out

Spartanbh
08-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Troy was a H2 gametype where two teams spawned on the opposite side of Coagulation (now Hemorrhage) and shot all rounds from a Brute Shot to the other side in attempt to knock out any troops possible on the opposing team before meeting them in the middle and killing them in hand to hand combat with swords. We can kind of imitate it with regular grenade launchers. The grenades were to symbolize arrows btw. It was awesome seeing a barrage of grenades flying towards you and exploding around you, killing your comrades and stuff.

RetRdidMunkie
08-28-2011, 12:50 AM
H2 had awesome games, cuz ppl had to be origional... but forge fucked that up, now the focus is on maps instead of gametypes....

...whats the point of good maps if there arent any great games to play on them?

bazongaman502
08-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Troy was a H2 gametype where two teams spawned on the opposite side of Coagulation (now Hemorrhage) and shot all rounds from a Brute Shot to the other side in attempt to knock out any troops possible on the opposing team before meeting them in the middle and killing them in hand to hand combat with swords. We can kind of imitate it with regular grenade launchers. The grenades were to symbolize arrows btw. It was awesome seeing a barrage of grenades flying towards you and exploding around you, killing your comrades and stuff.

very interesting.. im down

VerbotenDonkey
08-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Gernade Launchers wouldn't shoot as far though. Also, why does no one list Tower of Power when they list the classics? =(

Could play some of my old gametypes too, simple like Bridge Wars, where one team goes to Banshee spawn on Ascenscion/Pinnacle and the other team on the bottom base, and then once both teams are ready, they rush eachother to the center of the bridge with Shotguns.

Foehammer
08-28-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm always down for the classics.